PDA

View Full Version : Arena Tournament Commoner Challenge: AlterForm vs TheFallenOne

ArenaManager
2010-06-14, 09:48 PM
Arena Tournament Commoner Exhibition: AlterForm vs. TheFallenOne

Map:
http://i876.photobucket.com/albums/ab330/ArenaManager/Arenas/01-the_temple.png

GP Award: 300 GP
Any and all awards do not transfer to the Arena Tournament Proper.

Incarnom-nom-nom (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=214212) - AlterForm
NPC #354 (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=214453) - TheFallenOne

All Combatants, please roll initiative.

AlterForm
2010-06-14, 09:51 PM
...I'm in trouble. :smallconfused:

[roll0]

TheFallenOne
2010-06-14, 09:53 PM
Initiative [roll0]

The reason I won't use acid spit in the Arena:
Potion Resist Energy(Acid) CL1 - 50 GP. Mean, I know. Sorry
Potion Faith Healing(Generic) - 50 GP

AlterForm
2010-06-14, 09:58 PM
Hmmm.

I'll fold.

hustlertwo
2010-06-14, 10:01 PM
Boo! Nobody likes a quitter. Except possibly the opponent of a quitter.

TheFallenOne
2010-06-14, 10:03 PM
:smallconfused:

Hm, well, that breaks fastest match record soundly :smallbiggrin:

but yeah, can't blame you, that potion simply breaks your neck. I contemplated Incarnum feats too, but in the end I went for the exotic

edit: well, I'd prefer a fight, but he's simply outmatched here once I drink the potion. Well, were I him I'd have gone for alchemist fires and other grenade weapons, would still be hard against 20 foot reach though

AlterForm
2010-06-14, 10:04 PM
I've really got nothing to work with here.

Incarnom is made of pretty much 3 of the most well-established abilities in terms of power in the Arena; Abberation!Commoner is an actually original creation.

AlterForm
2010-06-14, 10:05 PM
Hm, well, that breaks fastest match record soundly :smallbiggrin:

Yeah, if we start those arena records, I think we can claim "Fastest Match," since we both showed up and one player admitted defeat in response to an action of the other. :smalltongue:

TheFallenOne
2010-06-14, 10:07 PM
I'm gonna bring this char into the Arena proper and popularize aberrant blood feats. Really, who DOESN'T want 20 foot reach and 2 tentacles? :smallbiggrin: A water-orc monk, barbarian or cleric(switching out Law and Travel Devotion) with these 3 feats would be nastily strong

hustlertwo
2010-06-14, 10:07 PM
Sadly, no, others have thrown in the towel at the start. It doesn't usually happen in an exhibition, though. I understand the thought behind it, but Alter...I think you've lost the eye of the tiger, man.

AlterForm
2010-06-14, 10:08 PM
I'm gonna bring this char into the Arena proper and popularize aberrant blood feats. Really, who DOESN'T want 20 foot reach and 2 tentacles? :smallbiggrin: A water-orc monk, barbarian or cleric(switching out Law and Travel Devotion) would be nastily strong

Good plan. I'll have to . . . acquire a copy of Lords of Madness and then see if I can do anything clever with the feats as well.

AlterForm
2010-06-14, 10:10 PM
Sadly, no, others have thrown in the towel at the start. It doesn't usually happen in an exhibition, though. I understand the thought behind it, but Alter...I think you've lost the eye of the tiger, man.

No, I'm just focusing it elsewhere.

McToughy is currently fighting 2-on-1 in the final match of Round 86. He might win. (Or at least take an opponent down with him)

TheFallenOne
2010-06-14, 10:12 PM

yeah, but... 10 minutes after match start? That's quite a coincidence that we were both online. Though as an exhibition the record may be invalid

Do so Alter, but please be so kind to let me be the guy who first brings this stuff into Arena proper. I'm still contemplating if I should use this commoner or go for a real class with these feats. Reaching level 2 with a commoner would be awesome and I think this setup could make it after maybe 2 or 3 Rounds

and you know, I didn't even use the meanest aberrant feat. Starspawn. Flight with 1/2 land speed, land every couple of rounds(depending on constitution), usable all day long. Combined with 20 foot reach this is plain ugly

Sallera
2010-06-14, 10:29 PM
Aye, the aberrant feats are nice. I think the only reason they haven't yet seen much, if any, use is that there probably aren't that many people out there with a legal copy of LoM. It's a great DMing book, but there probably aren't too many others that would pick it up.

TheFallenOne
2010-06-14, 10:32 PM
yeah, I don't have the book either, but if one guy in your P&P group has it that's enough :smallwink:

well, if we repeat this in a couple of months(with 8 players then I guess) would you be up for it Sallera? You make powerful and often unusual characters(Gallows *gulp*), I'd be interested to see what you could make out of a commoner

Sallera
2010-06-14, 11:14 PM
Oh, certainly. I'm always up for a character-building challenge. ^^

hustlertwo
2010-06-14, 11:42 PM
I'll be jumping in as well. NPC and Core-only stuff seems interesting, but I don't really want to waste my last slot on something like that, so better to mess around with one in an exhibition.

TheFallenOne
2010-06-15, 08:31 AM
hm, seems we should have waited with this a couple more days instead of starting it right ahead, good chance we might have gotten an 8 people round out of it. Ah well, next time. Then can it be an official exhibition with reward too