PDA

View Full Version : 3.X Artificer Munchkin Help

TripperdeCleric
2010-06-14, 09:54 PM
For all party benefits and everything the monk has been put on hold in my previous thread. Now onto this.

10 Levels
Munchkin it up.
Creation/scroll/wand Abusing Artificer.

Have Fun..any books..

for anything please provide books if not in Ebberon or PHB. Also It can be multiclassed if necessary. Please provide the 10 level build..and if possible a general setup for feats along the way.

Online sources also allowed if provided.

REason for Munchkining it up: He said use anything..play anything..but has to be an artificer lol.

Note to any of the previous readers of my other threads: Same DM, We all sat down and had a talk and explained we are not here to crush his hopes/dreams/game. He said ok well enjoy.

Hague
2010-06-15, 01:02 AM
This'll be hard. The artificer can't qualify for a lot of PrCs from other books since it doesn't count as divine or arcane spells. It would be nice to be able to play as a gnome and pick up the first level of Maester to get Quick Craft and another bonus craft feat. Craft Contingent spell, being the primary choice. There's a feat out there that lets you stay attuned with an item for the entire day, preventing you from having to make a poor roll on your Use Magic Device rolls. That might be useful.

Doc Roc
2010-06-15, 01:08 AM
Well, you could just steal Bree. She's ECL 10, and scroll tastic.

Or I can hammer up Commodore Guff finally, and you can use him.

TripperdeCleric
2010-06-15, 01:10 AM
what is bree?

and what are both peoples setups? class combos/feats?

yeah prcs are a bit difficult...but dont see much I think I need to go into. Im trying to make this crafting cheap..and just beef everyone else up.

Doc Roc
2010-06-15, 01:15 AM
Bree is the scrollificer I just built and am currently playing. Her sheet+scroll_list and journals are here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8631686&postcount=1). Guff is a normal wandificer build, but I haven't finished it yet.

arguskos
2010-06-15, 01:18 AM
Wait, wait wait wait. Commodore Guff? (http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/mtgcom/arcana1000/PlaneswalkersMirth.jpg) :smallconfused::smallbiggrin:

TripperdeCleric
2010-06-15, 01:30 AM
Bree looks pretty good. Was gonna use metamagic with my wands also..is that possible with bree build?

Doc Roc
2010-06-15, 01:31 AM
Bree looks pretty good. Was gonna use metamagic with my wands also..is that possible with bree build?

Bree isn't built for it, because she runs in a verse with no action points and was completely feat-starved. Action points are Win for wand users.

Wait, wait wait wait. Commodore Guff? (http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/mtgcom/arcana1000/PlaneswalkersMirth.jpg) :smallconfused::smallbiggrin:

And yes. That Guff. Bree is short for Urza Erza McMishra.

Some builds here (http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AYdLcxsM7Nx0ZGc2NzhibjNfMjY4ZDZwM3pzZDI&hl=en).

TripperdeCleric
2010-06-15, 01:33 AM
Ok, ill tinker with it..but it looks pretty good. Ill stay with the basis for scrolls...and just try and trade in tid bits of wandage heh. Thank...I really am liking the setup.

Im not feat starved:

can take 4 flaws for 4 feats

Doc Roc
2010-06-15, 01:36 AM
Ok, ill tinker with it..but it looks pretty good. Ill stay with the basis for scrolls...and just try and trade in tid bits of wandage heh. Thank...I really am liking the setup.

Im not feat starved:

can take 4 flaws for 4 feats

Are there action points? If there are action points, wand surge[MoE] is honey.

TripperdeCleric
2010-06-15, 02:05 AM
Yep action points are allowed. Pretty much anything is. The dm said have fun with it..not sure if he really limited anything

PId6
2010-06-15, 06:58 AM
Yep action points are allowed. Pretty much anything is. The dm said have fun with it..not sure if he really limited anything
Warforged Artificer can be quite fun. There are some great substitution levels in RoE (avoid the 5th level though), and you can heal yourself via infusions.

Get a Minor Schema (MoE) of Unfettered Heroism (RoE). Wait until 11th level, then use Metamagic Spell Completion to Persist it. It's a DC 53 UMD check, so it'll take some work to pull off (competence items of +UMD and Minor Schemas of Divine Insight help a lot), but the rewards are well worth it. Before 11th level, you can make do with Metamagic Item and a Staff of Unfettered Heroism, but that's a lot more expensive (as in costs more than 0 gp).

Once you Persist it, take Wand Surge and proceed to win D&D.

TripperdeCleric
2010-06-15, 10:06 AM
Wait so how does that wand surge stuff win the game?

Also, the scroll thing has passed so far.

PId6
2010-06-15, 10:35 AM
Wait so how does that wand surge stuff win the game?
A) Unfettered Heroism gives you 1 temporary action point each round.
B) Wand Surge let you spend an action point in place of a wand charge.
C) Artificers love wands.

A + B + C = Awesome

TripperdeCleric
2010-06-15, 10:44 AM
Ahh free wandage..I like.

I was just gonna abuse the metamagic feats with wands...using an extra charge to do twin spell and such...

But infinite wandage is nice.

Doc Roc
2010-06-15, 02:15 PM
Bree does require that you be a gnome. I used tinker gnomes because hahahahaha tinker gnomes. But you could certainly find a better option, I think. My experience has been that int is actually pretty darn useful for artificers, but I often regret my relatively low cha and dex. :)

TripperdeCleric
2010-06-15, 03:37 PM
What book is that in? Trying to see if my DM will allow a human to join..ill be 1/64th gnome lol. Nah but ill try and find a good gnome race.

PId6
2010-06-15, 03:40 PM
What book is that in? Trying to see if my DM will allow a human to join..ill be 1/64th gnome lol. Nah but ill try and find a good gnome race.
Whisper Gnome for general awesomeness. The -Cha can be a pain, but everything else about them is fantastic.

TripperdeCleric
2010-06-15, 04:02 PM
where can these gnomes be found?

I think i can handle a small decrease to my cha.

PId6
2010-06-15, 04:02 PM
where can these gnomes be found?

I think i can handle a small decrease to my cha.
Races of Stoned

Doc Roc
2010-06-15, 04:26 PM
Tinker Gnomes are Dragonlance Campaign Setting, I believe:

+2 int
+2 Dex
-2 Str
-2 Wis

Some other benefits.

PId6
2010-06-15, 04:34 PM
Tinker Gnomes are Dragonlance Campaign Setting, I believe:

+2 int
+2 Dex
-2 Str
-2 Wis

Some other benefits.
Hmm, that's pretty nice for an artificer. I'd take this over Whisper Gnome if it's available.

TripperdeCleric
2010-06-15, 04:35 PM
Ok, i like tinker gnome..and it sounds epic.

TripperdeCleric
2010-06-15, 08:15 PM
which setting is tinker gnome in?

Eldariel
2010-06-15, 08:24 PM
which setting is tinker gnome in?

Dragonlance

TripperdeCleric
2010-06-15, 08:38 PM
Found it, thanks