PDA

View Full Version : Sacrificial Warrior of Genoi. please PEACH.

DragonOfUndeath
2010-06-15, 05:14 AM
this is my first thread so here goes: v2.3 (or something)
this class does not fit any edition, it is for conversion into 4th ed when i get PHB 1

prerequisites etc:

Suggested Race: Goran (homebrew race I'll post soon)
Banned Race: Norag (homebrew race I'll post soon)
Suggested Settings: Gorania (more details here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8706023#post8706023))

Prerequisites: Not Thrall of Onegi class. (homebrew class I'll post soon)

Role, Key Abilities, Health, etc:
Role: TANK who can act as a small time Healer. good for boss-killing (Radiant Bash) and horde-killing (Radiant Bubble). this class is playable as a group of them with some tanking through everything, normal foot-soldiers cleaning up the mess and healers to stop a large amount of deaths.

Power source: Divine (Genoi).

Key Abilities: Constitution, Wisdom and Strength.

+2 Will, +1 Fortitude.

Armour+ Weapon Proficiency: See Paladin

Starting HP: 15+ CON modifier.

HP gained per level: 6.

Healing surges: 8+ CON modifier.

Favored Enemy Race: Norag (homebrew race I'll post soon
Favored Enemy Class: Thrall of Onegi (homebrew class I'll post soon)

Trained skills: Religion (+4), Insight (+2), Heal (+1).

Class skills: Diplomacy, Intimidate, Bluff, Endurance and Perception.

Fluff

Fluff-details: the Warriors of Genoi are like a God-specific Paladin (without anything to do with undead as there simply isn't any on Gorania) mixed with a soldier. Most of the citizens of Gorania have had training as Recruits. The Warriors all devoutly worship the only known god in the area: Genoi, the LG god of Duty and Sacrifice. the Warriors have been around for centuries though their jurisdiction and numbers have varied immensely, at one point in history it is rumored they were the entire army for the nation of Gorania and numbered less than 5,000.
Right now it acts as the police corps, extra healers in times of plague, the main infantry+cavalry in the army and the explorers/adventurers.
Most warriors join as young children (around 4-6 or racial equivalent) and stay for decades. the current record for youngest full Warrior is 40. when Recruits are inducted into the Order they must offer their left-hand. if Genoi believes the Recruit is ready to be a Warrior then the arm is replaced with a Radiant one. if they are not deemed worthy they must go on a quest (similar to the holy grail quest Arthurian knights went on). The arm is their most prominent feature. the Warriors don't have an official uniform as the arm pretty much does it for them. it acts as their holy symbol, focus of their abilities, reusable torch, defining symbol and still acts as a fully-functioning hand.

Religion/Alignment
Religion: S/He worships Genoi the lawful good god of sacrifice and duty.(more details in thread I'll post soon

Possible Alignments: Lawful Neutral, Lawful Good, Neutral Good.

levels 1-3

LVL1
LVL1:Gain Radiant arm: your off-hand arm acts as a normal torch that can be re-used. Gain either Radiant Bubble or Radiant Bash as an encounter power.

LVL2:
LVL2: Improved Radiant Arm: Torch reaches twice as far as normal torch. Radiant Experience: you can use the encounter power you didn't get in the first level or upgrade the power you did get as Enlarged/Enhanced. Gain either Enlarged Radiant Bubble or Enhanced Radiant Bash as a Daily Power (if you upgrade you existing power you can add 2D6 to the corresponding Daily power e.g you upgraded Radiant Bubble to Enlarged Radiant Bubble as an encounter power and add 2D6 and +10 feet to the Enlarged Radiant Bubble Daily power making it Maximized Radiant Bubble, the same goes for the Enhanced Radiant Bash become Mighty Radiant Bash).

LVL3:
LVL3: Bright-light vision: the Radiant light coming from the arm has warped your vision to accommodate it on a regular basis. Enlarged Divine Battery: you can ignore the effect of your Encounter Power/s once per encounter.

Encounter Powers
Powers: at level1 you get 1 of these Encounter Powers:
Radiant Bubble: This power hits every enemy within 10 feet of the Warrior.
Trigger: a free action if you are attacked or a minor action in your turn.
Wisdom Modifier vs Reflex.
Critical: Hit x2+4 (blind save DC +5)
Hit:1D6+ Wisdom modifier+ Religion skill Radiant damage and blinded (save ends).
Miss: Half-damage.
Effect: you lose your Radiant Arm until the end of the encounter and can't use this or Radiant Bash for the rest of the encounter.
Later levels: Add a D6 at 4th, 7th, 10th, etc.

Radiant Bash: this power hits one target adjacent to you.
Trigger: you are attacked or is a minor action in your turn.
Wisdom vs Reflex
Critical: Hit x2+4
Hit: 2D6+ Wisdom Modifier+ Religion skill. Does Radiant damage and blinds (save ends).
Miss: no damage, ignore Effect and blinds (save ends, DC=-5)
Effect: you lose you off-hand arm until the end of the encounter and can't use this or Radiant Bubble for the rest of the encounter.
Later levels: Add 2D6 at 4th, 7th, 10th, etc.

Daily LVL 2 Powers
Enlarged Radiant Bubble: This power hits every enemy within 20 feet of the Warrior.
Trigger: A free action when someone tries to attack you or a standard action in your turn.
Wisdom modifier +2 vs Reflex
Hit: 2D6+ Wisdom+ Religion skill. Radiant damage and Blinds (save ends. DC+5).
Miss: Half damage
Effect: you can't use this or Enhanced Radiant Bash for the rest of the day.
Later levels: add 2D6 at 5th, 8th, 11th, etc.

Enhanced Radiant Bash: this power hits one target adjacent to you.
Trigger: A free action if someone attacks you or a standard action in you turn.
Wisdom vs Reflex
Hit: 4D6+ Wisdom+ Religion skill. Radiant damage and Blinds (save ends. DC+5).
Miss: No damage, ignore Effect and Blinds (save ends. DC normal)
Effect: you can't use this or Enhanced Radiant Bubble for the rest of the day.
Later levels: add 2D6 at 5th, 8th, 11th, etc.

Divine spells:
Divine spells: Sense Beings (can sense anything that is alive, undead, deathless, or a construct within 3+ wisdom modifier X 10 feet) Cure Light Wounds, For The Greater Good (2D6 damage to yourself, 4D6 damage to any enemy within 30 feet).

i will probably expand divine spells in a week or so. (add levels, more spells etc)
please note that this is a work in progress. i will expand on this and try to incorporate ideas from anyone who posts in this thread
please remember I'm inexperienced at this stuff. :smallbiggrin:

Djinn_in_Tonic
2010-06-15, 09:43 AM
Formatting needs work.

What edition is this for? If it's 4e (which I think it's supposed to be), your damage scales to much, your damage and powers are to good for low-level abilities, and you make up defenses like touch.

4e has no called shots, so don't mention them. You say this is a class, but have no actual class design: there is no mention of hit points, surges, role, defenses, other skills to train, ability scores (Strength is mentioned, by Will is a defense, not a secondary ability...I assume you meant Wisdom), or even any decent class features.

There are no at-will powers, and no encounter or daily powers aside the the ones that I assume are granted by your class feature.

Radiant Bash and Radiant Bubble make little sense (you lose your arm? What?), and are overpowered. Radiant Bash scales up to a per-encounter effect dealing 32d6+20+Wisdom (I think it's supposed to be Wisdom) and blinding (save ends) as a minor action or immediate reaction. There are level 29 daily powers that are worse than that, which is completely unacceptable. Both powers basically need a complete redesign to be in line with other scaling encounter powers (look at 1st level encounter powers, and scale it at level 11 and level 21).

DragonOfUndeath
2010-06-15, 07:14 PM
i only got interested about 2 weeks ago when my friend started transitioning from 3.5 to 4 so i don't know most of the rules. my friend commented on called shot when i was talking to him about it and i added it in. ill edit will into wisdom, i didn't notice that.
ill add hp, more class features etc, etc. with the losing the arm you arm is made of radiant light, you use that light to bash someone or create a bubble of light. the arm is like a dead battery, you need to recharge it before it works again. you know?

Djinn_in_Tonic
2010-06-16, 11:02 AM
Role: Your class role. Striker, Leader, Defender, or Controller. Sometimes you can hybrid them: Striker, sub-Leader, for example.
Power Source: Arcane, Divine, Ki, Martial, Primal, Psionic. Others like Shadow or Elemental are possible, but only those six currently are standard.
Key Abilities: The three abilities the class uses. The primary ability is first, followed by the two choices of secondary ability.

Armor Proficiencies: The armor types you are proficient in. Find a list of 4e armor.
Weapon Proficiencies: The weapons you are proficient in. Find a list of 4e weapons.
Bonus to Defense: Your bonuses to defenses (Fortitude, Reflex, Will). Usually +1 to two defenses, or +2 to a single defense. +1 to all three, or +2 to one and +1 to another are also possible.

Hit Points at 1st Level: X + Constitution score, where X is usually 10-17 (15-17 usually reserved for tank-like characters).
Hit Points per Level Gained: 4-7, with tanks having the higher numbers.
Healing Surges per Day: X + Constitution modifier, where X is often somewhere between 5 and 8. Tanks get more.

Trained Skills: Pick 1-3 skills the class always has. Then say something like "and X skilled from the list of class skills," where X is 1-4 depending on how skilled the class is.
Class Skills: Skills the class can choose to be trained in, but isn't by default.

Build Options: The names of two or more possible paths for your class (each path offers at least one slightly different ability).
Class Features: The class features the class gets. At least one should vary in effect based on the Path you select.

When Designing Powers: Crack open the 4e PHB. Look at the approximate strength of each level of power, and design yours around that. Powers in 4e don't scale much, or quickly, and encounter and at-will powers are always weaker than daily powers. Look through the book a bit, then start homebrewing.

You also have a very strange class flavor, so definitely do a paragraph or two explaining what your class is and what it does.

DiscipleofBob
2010-06-16, 11:38 AM
My advice, especially if you're new to 4e, is take a look at the PHB for comparison. Heck, you might not even need to homebrew races or classes. Depending on what you're going for, you might be able to just reflavor current races and classes and use those. Honestly, if you can do that, I'd recommend doing so instead of homebrewing as it'll be a lot easier on your players.

DragonOfUndeath
2010-06-16, 01:32 PM
@ djinn_in_tonic: thanks i tried adding in most of the things you said. ill make more spells levels and powers soon and start the different builds; i laid some groundwork with the powers, maybe make a boss-killing on and a horde-killing one?

@everyone: have any of you gone into Gorania? it is the actual setting that fits this class in so it might make some more sense out of this class. please check it out soon.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-06-16, 06:08 PM
Ouch! :smalleek:
PLEASE work on the formatting.

DragonOfUndeath
2010-06-16, 07:38 PM
@josha: i just put most things in spoilers to save room. do you have any comment on the class as well as the format?

Djinn_in_Tonic
2010-06-16, 07:54 PM
@josha: i just put most things in spoilers to save room. do you have any comment on the class as well as the format?

This is not a 4e class at the moment. Look at the other 4e classes.

You get a choice of 2 at-will powers from a list of 5-6. You get encounter powers at specific levels. You get daily powers at specific levels. You only gain class features at level 1. Powers (except at-will powers and class feature powers) don't scale, and those that DO scale scale at 11th level and/or 21st level.

This really needs to be completely re-done, once you've looked through the 4e PHB and learned how those classes are made.