PDA

View Full Version : Paladin to rogue: Need help and advice!!!!

Os1ris09
2010-06-15, 06:07 PM
Ok so our party Paladin may turn into a party rogue instead. So I need help with optimizing a rogue without any spellcasting in the class.

Factotum may be a good idea and so would be regular rogue. Any idea's on feats and all.

Please list sources so I can look them up and write them down so I can explain it alot easier. Thanks in advance GITP. :smallbiggrin:

The Dark Fiddler
2010-06-15, 06:19 PM
It largely depends on how you want to play.

Although generally, maxing UMD and using wands/scrolls is generally a good choice.

Greenish
2010-06-15, 06:26 PM
Darkstalker: Hide from Scent, Blindsight, Tremorsense and other pesky detection abilities.
Daring Outlaw: Stack SA dice with a full BAB class.
Shape Soulmeld (Mage's Spectacles): Bonuses to Decipher Script, Spellcraft, and UMD. Takes the goggles slot from your body. Also takes the skill focus feat behind the shed and beats it dead.

Also have a look at the Rogue Handbook (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19871666/The_3.5_Rogue_Handbook). Not quite up to date, though.

Os1ris09
2010-06-15, 06:33 PM
Ok I know where darkstalker is located but what about the other things you referenced Greenish?

I am looking for stuff for a new player that doesn't have alot of experience.

PId6
2010-06-15, 06:35 PM
I'm actually about to post my own Rogue Handbook shortly. I'll have it done in a few hours at most; gimme a sec to finish up and then reserve posts.

Greenish
2010-06-15, 06:41 PM
Ok I know where darkstalker is located but what about the other things you referenced Greenish?Darkstalker is from Lords of Madness, Daring Outlaw from Comp. Scoundrel and Shape Soulmeld is naturally from Magic of Incarnum.

Speaking of MoI, a splash of Totemist on a rogue can do wonders, and Shape Soulmeld (Lightning Gauntlets) lets you make touch attacks for 1d6 Electricity damage. Not much, but you get to SA with that.

PId6
2010-06-15, 07:54 PM
I'm actually about to post my own Rogue Handbook shortly. I'll have it done in a few hours at most; gimme a sec to finish up and then reserve posts.
Done; link is in sig. For a new player, I'd suggest just Two-Weapon Fighting and relying on flanking for Sneak Attacks rather than something more complex (like bows, rays, or splash weapons).

Os1ris09
2010-06-15, 08:50 PM
Done; link is in sig. For a new player, I'd suggest just Two-Weapon Fighting and relying on flanking for Sneak Attacks rather than something more complex (like bows, rays, or splash weapons).

Thanks this actually helped out alot. Thanks PId6