PDA

View Full Version : [3.5]Another Turning/Rebuking thread

Thurbane
2010-06-15, 09:28 PM
OK, quick question...how many turns or rebuke of undead/day can a single classed* Cleric get by ECL 12, excluding use of items or other magic.

Feats, PrCs*, races etc. are all fair game. All WotC 3.0 & 3.5 books are open. No Dragon mag, no web enahncements or online, no homebrew, no 3rd party.

The boring version is Human Cleric 12, 20 CHA (18+2/levels), Extra Turning feat x6 = 32.

**single classed = no other base classes, but PrCs are golden.

Irreverent Fool
2010-06-15, 09:44 PM
Well the Undeath domain grants Extra Turning as a bonus feat, iirc, so there's another +4 attempts.

Jarian
2010-06-15, 09:47 PM
Undeath Domain +4
Extra Turning x 6 (assuming human and no flaws) +24
20 charisma +5
Base of 3

Now, if you only want these for activating feats or the like...

Swap Turn Undead for Destroy Undead, which is functionally identical for almost anything.
Take levels of sacred exorcist, getting Turn Undead back for double.

Edit: Fixed math.

Sc00by
2010-06-15, 10:38 PM
Swap Turn Undead for Destroy Undead, which is functionally identical for almost anything.

Who? What? Where?

balistafreak
2010-06-15, 10:40 PM
Some part of me wants to say Ravenloft Campaign Setting, but I could be wrong.

dextercorvia
2010-06-15, 11:23 PM

Well done.

Perhaps 2 levels in Chameleon, and throw the bonus feat into Extra Turning for an additional 8.

Edit:Nevermind, I forgot about the feat prereq for Chameleon.

Keld Denar
2010-06-15, 11:33 PM
Work a level of Ex-Master of Shrouds in Jarian's build there for another source, bringing the total up to 108. You can get it by the time you qualify for SacEx, and easily before ECL12.

lulz...

dextercorvia
2010-06-15, 11:37 PM
Work a level of Ex-Master of Shrouds in Jarian's build there for another source, bringing the total up to 108. You can get it by the time you qualify for SacEx, and easily before ECL12.

lulz...

You lose 24 of those for the two feat prereqs on MoS. And, you have to find a way to rebuke undead (difficult for someone going into Sacred Exorcist).

eldon18
2010-06-16, 05:44 AM
Take levels of sacred exorcist, getting Turn Undead back for double.

what i dont get that explain with more detail

Jarian
2010-06-16, 11:42 AM
what i dont get that explain with more detail

Expedition to Castle Ravenloft has a Cleric Alternate Class Feature "Destroy Undead" that replaces a Cleric's normal ability to turn undead. Destroy Undead does Cleric level/d6 of damage to undead in the area.

It has text that specifically allows it to function as Turn Undead for the purpose of qualifying for - and activating - Divine feats, among other things.

Sacred Exorcist gives a character Turn Undead if they didn't have it already.

2xMachina
2010-06-16, 11:46 AM
Dread Necro for Rebuke on top of turn?

Jarian
2010-06-16, 12:11 PM
Dread Necro for Rebuke on top of turn?

Dread Necro is a base class, specifically disallowed by the OP. Would have been the obvious choice otherwise.

Sacred Exorcist requires an alignment prohibited to the Dread Necro, anyway.

2xMachina
2010-06-16, 12:59 PM
Ah, damn, missed that.

PlzBreakMyCmpAn
2010-06-16, 03:18 PM
Further optimizing would be charisma boosting via race and templates with LA buyback. Then feat optimization for DCFC for Extra Turning. Jarian did well, though I hope the OP doesn't want the turns for DMM...

Kobold-Bard
2010-06-16, 03:25 PM
Expedition to Castle Ravenloft has a Cleric Alternate Class Feature "Destroy Undead" that replaces a Cleric's normal ability to turn undead. Destroy Undead does Cleric level/d6 of damage to undead in the area.

It has text that specifically allows it to function as Turn Undead for the purpose of qualifying for - and activating - Divine feats, among other things.

Sacred Exorcist gives a character Turn Undead if they didn't have it already.

Thanks for this, I've been looking for something like that for 3.5

dextercorvia
2010-06-16, 04:49 PM
If you can find a template or stack of templates for +3 that grant +10 or better to charisma, it would improve this.

Douglas
2010-06-16, 06:05 PM
In addition to Destroy Undead and Sacred Exorcist, add a dip in Death Delver from Heroes of Horror for Rebuke Undead. Now pile on the Extra Turning.

Jarian
2010-06-16, 06:06 PM
Then feat optimization for DCFC for Extra Turning.

OP says no use of magic or similar effects, so Dark Cheese Feat Shuffle is out. :smalltongue:

Thurbane
2010-06-16, 09:28 PM
OP says no use of magic or similar effects, so Dark Cheese Feat Shuffle is out. :smalltongue:
Indeed. :smallwink:

...this would also include magic that boosts CHA.

A Human Cleric could take Human Paragon 3 (effectively a PrC) - get a bonus feat, and also a +2 boost to any ability (i.e. CHA).