PDA

View Full Version : Hello and Welcome New Members Thread 8

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

Dmatix
2010-08-07, 11:44 AM
Hi guys and gals, I'm new here (Shocker!). Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Dmatix, my name is meaningless, and while I started reading Oots a long time ago, for some reason this is the first time a thought of joining the forums. I'm also kind of a lousy speller, so I apologize in advance.

Kunoichi777
2010-08-07, 02:59 PM
I don't normally post on these, but it was the only way i could think of to see my avatar. So hi. :) Lovely forum you've got here. (And a fan-freaking-tastic comic.)

Halae
2010-08-07, 10:19 PM
Hi, I'm new to the forums - long time reader, first time poster. hope to have lots of fun here!

Maximum Zersk
2010-08-07, 10:23 PM
Welcome Dmatic, Kunoichi777, and Harnel, to Hinamizawa the playground.

And welcome everyone else, too.

Zjoot
2010-08-07, 10:56 PM
I've been reading the comic and wanting to sign up on the forum for a while. So I did.

You may commence the welcoming, and I do expect muffin baskets.:smalltongue:

A Rainy Knight
2010-08-07, 11:37 PM
Hey Grimmace! Welcome to the Playground! :smallsmile:

Now listen here boy, all we've got around here is cookie baskets. So you'll take a cookie basket and by God you'll like it. :smallannoyed::smalltongue:

greenkat_ninja
2010-08-08, 01:40 AM
greetings to you, my fellow new members, i perceive a sense of welcoming here, and since you deserve it, i thank all you older members welcoming us newbie kids to the forums :smallsmile:

The Ender
2010-08-08, 06:58 AM
Hello! I've lurked here for a little while, and I think this place will make a cozy new Internet home. :)

I dig Mafia / WW type games, and this place certainly looks like it has plenty of that, and I have some homebrew PbP stuff I like to try and run here or there, if anyone's into playing with half-baked mechanics in dystopian future type settings.

Achan_hiArusa
2010-08-08, 09:35 AM
You know the link "new members say hello here" still points to thread 6?

Anyway, I have been required by my Storyteller (Horatio@Bridge) to get an account since I'm leaving town to become a Physical Science Teacher in a small town in Arkansas.

I have been a gamer since 1984. I have travelled to the Keep on the Borderlands, the Frontier, Meriga, the World of Darkness, Fantasy Europe, the Forgotten Realms (mostly the Old Empires), the Blessed Isle, Tsolyanu, and other places.

I play Exalted (the reason I'm here), both old and new World of Darkness, Dungeons & Dragons (all versions except 4e, just not my cup of tea), Hero system, Runequest, and Traveller.

Demonweave
2010-08-08, 02:17 PM
Wooo first ever post :smallbiggrin: Hey guys, glad to finally be a member of giant in the playground, recently discovered OOTS and have religously read it since. Also a long time Roleplayer (current GM and player). Looking forward to talking to every one. :smallamused:

Also I would love it if one of the artists would design me an avatar :smallbiggrin:
PM me if you wouldnt mind making me one and I shall detail what I would like. Thanks.

Sligo
2010-08-08, 07:13 PM
Greetings everyone!

I've been reading OOTS for several years, and though I've read through the forum occassionally, I've resisted joining because I'm active on several other forums.

However, after meeting the nice people at GenCon this weekend, I've decided to go ahead and join up.

I'm looking forward to meeting more friends!

- Sligo

Kyrian
2010-08-08, 08:26 PM
Hi everyone. I'm new, please be gentle with me.

ChiefLeaf
2010-08-09, 02:09 AM
Yo. I've been reading the comic a while, and play some DnD, but haven't posted on the forums here yet, so I figured I'd go ahead and do that instead of lurking more.

The Baker
2010-08-09, 02:33 AM
Hello I am new here anyone wanna explain to me the basics of Oots drawing?

The Baker
2010-08-09, 02:51 AM
Can anyone draw me a good baker in oots form?

DinoZombies
2010-08-09, 07:20 AM
Hi there, im Will. Just joined and will post my web comic when the site is all up and running, its called Dino-Zombies and its full of good stuff. Nice to meet all of you!

Castaras
2010-08-09, 07:44 AM
Hi everyone. I'm new, please be gentle with me.

I see what you did thar... :smalltongue:

Eadin
2010-08-09, 08:06 AM
Wooo first ever post :smallbiggrin: Hey guys, glad to finally be a member of giant in the playground, recently discovered OOTS and have religously read it since. Also a long time Roleplayer (current GM and player). Looking forward to talking to every one. :smallamused:

Also I would love it if one of the artists would design me an avatar :smallbiggrin:
PM me if you wouldnt mind making me one and I shall detail what I would like. Thanks.

Hi there
you can request an avatar here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159238).
Good luck:smallsmile:

Dreius
2010-08-09, 10:01 AM
Hey you all/everybody.

I read OotS when it was first coming out and recently rediscovered it and started reading again. I play 3e and a little bit of 4e. Mainly a custom rules blend of the two. Yaaay internets.

Demonweave
2010-08-09, 02:25 PM
thanks everyone for the advice on avatars, you are all very helpful, feel proud of yourselves :smallbiggrin: Now anyone recommend any other threads on here?

Zeddicus
2010-08-09, 04:14 PM
Hello! :smallsmile:

Corras
2010-08-09, 04:45 PM
Ayo

I've played dnd a long time ago, but I kept following the comic here, and now I'm invading your forums too. D:

Anyway, I'm mostly here for the physics threads in "roleplaying" at first, but maybe I'll get to do some hombrew or something. :smallsmile:

Gotta love your merciless treatment of physics and magic. :smallwink:

Eadin
2010-08-09, 06:21 PM
thanks everyone for the advice on avatars, you are all very helpful, feel proud of yourselves :smallbiggrin: Now anyone recommend any other threads on here?

Random Banter :smallbiggrin:

AtlanteanTroll
2010-08-09, 06:51 PM
Hi!

I got my name from that Bill Joel song about fishing. I thought it was funny, becuase we all know what Internet trolls are right?

Doctor Payne
2010-08-09, 08:46 PM
'Ello, long time reader, figured I'd actually make an account here

Armoury99
2010-08-10, 05:07 AM
Greetings all.

My name's Dan, and I like roleplaying games. Probably a bit too much :smallsmile:

The Dan
2010-08-10, 05:08 AM
Hi there, my name is also Dan.

Asthix
2010-08-10, 04:33 PM
Sadly my name is not also Dan.

I am new tho...

*cough*

Zeb The Troll
2010-08-11, 12:53 AM
Hi!

I got my name from that Bill Joel song about fishing. I thought it was funny, becuase we all know what Internet trolls are right?This Troll is not amused. :smallannoyed:

Just joshin'. :smallcool: I have to take a lot of crap for my board name, particularly since it didn't actually come from a Monster Manual. (Or a Monstrous Compendium, for that matter.)

AtlanteanTroll
2010-08-11, 10:31 AM
This Troll is not amused. :smallannoyed:

Just joshin'. :smallcool: I have to take a lot of crap for my board name, particularly since it didn't actually come from a Monster Manual. (Or a Monstrous Compendium, for that matter.)

Oh goody. Another Troll who isn't.

Autarkhos
2010-08-11, 04:28 PM
Somebody set up us the bomb.

anakin78z
2010-08-11, 04:53 PM
Hello,

Soon to be lost in the flood of new posts, I merely want to say hello, and mention that I play D&D 3.5, Pathfinder and every now and then Cthulhu and Serenity.

There,
done.
-z

mr.miffmiff
2010-08-13, 05:54 PM
Hello everyone, I'm new to the forums. I'm an aspiring DM looking to, er, DM a PbP game here and I love the Order of the Stick. Sooo... hi.

Splodeydope
2010-08-14, 01:55 AM
Hello everyone, figured I'd stop lurking and register. I'm a pretty big fan of OotS and Erfworld, but I mostly came for the PbP. Any advice on how to get into that? I read the PbP advice thread there and PbP help threads on other forums, and was just wondering what's the best course of action to someone completely new to PbP gaming (though I do have a lot of experience with standard tabletop gaming). Do I just start posting character sheets in recruitment posts that interest me or what?

(Edit: I'm proficient enough to DM games of D&D 3.5, 4.0, Mutants and Masterminds, and All Flesh Must Be Eaten, and know enough to create and play PCs in Exalted, GURPS, and Shadowrun)

cristoleon666
2010-08-14, 03:23 PM
Hi everyone :smallbiggrin:! My name is Cristhian. I am from Colombia. Huge fan of The Order of the Stick since two years. My favorite Stick is:roy: I like roleplaying. i am both master and player, besides D&D i play 7th Sea and Vampire: Tha Mascarade.

i hope Rich Burlew keep his excellent work:cool:

OOTS is the best: :roy::haley::vaarsuvius::durkon::belkar::elan:

crazyjay
2010-08-14, 11:43 PM
hi everyone im new here

Glimmin
2010-08-16, 07:36 PM
Hello everyone! I've been roleplaying for years now, and while I currently DM 3.5 campaigns, I'm still 2ed. at heart. It's good to see you all!

Cealocanth
2010-08-16, 10:41 PM
Welcome, new members.

Phantom Roxas
2010-08-17, 12:18 AM
I've heard of the series through TV Tropes, so I figured I should read the series. It's pretty funny from some of the stuff I've read and because of how simple it is.

0m3GA ARS3NAL
2010-08-17, 01:16 AM
Well hello there.
A person on another website recommended I come here for DnD, and from what I can tell, he was absolutely right.

I'm as new as they come to DnD, I only understand the basics... Though I have all of the books from 3.5. It's a bit overwhelming how large the books are, but I've always wanted to play DnD, and now that I can, I'm willing to learn.

I get the basic d20 system, and all that, hope to be a contributing member of the forums.
Any pointers I can get? Specific books I should start memorizing? (Other than the Player handbook of course =D )

Jivundus
2010-08-17, 05:05 AM
Greetings and salutations. I figured I may as well introduce myself instead of just randomly show up. So with that done, let the playground entertainment commence :D

rakkoon
2010-08-17, 05:13 AM
Welcome one and all. The different sections have a slightlt different ways of doing things, Silly Games and Homebrew do cater for different needs, but we're all friendly.
Just read a few thread in the section you want to post and you're up to speed.

Kaiser6012
2010-08-17, 07:36 AM
Greetings to all! I'm new here, so I suppose a warm hello would be in order.
Well, what's there to say... I'm a university student, I sing for fun and I've been a fan of OotS for a goodly while now, ever since... well, ever since the end of Azure City.
Oh yeah, and I'm a swordsman. I own a broadsword and am relatively proficient in it's use, as are most of my friends. Yeah, it's kinda cool.:smallbiggrin:

Drogos
2010-08-18, 12:03 AM
Greetings members of the forums!

First time posting here, though I have been directed here through Google many a time looking for different D&D information. I was taking a closer look and suddenly became inspired to sign up and join so here I am.

I have about 3 years of 3.5 experience, mostly as a player. I have attempted being DM twice but found I did not have the patience to deal with the constant shenanigans of my group. I love playing casters and rarely play anything else, though I do like finding unique fusings of caster and non caster classes. My favorite stat to have maxed is Charisma, followed by Intelligence and Dexterity.

This is my first venture into a forum based D&D experience. I am actually surprised it took me this long to discover such a thing. I frequently play a RP based mafia-esque game on another game site. I would probably have to be clued in to the ins and outs of post by post D&D but I am a fast learner. I am mostly just looking to get my D&D fix as I go off to college with the uncertainty of finding a new group to play with.

Electrohydra
2010-08-18, 04:38 PM
Hey everyone, I've been reading the forums for some time, and finally decided to register. I'm from Montreal, studying science in Cegep, I play D&D 3.X, thought I've also played Mage once, and read the base books for D&D 2nd and d20 modern. Love OOTS, and, well, HI :smile:

Duneyrr
2010-08-18, 06:06 PM
Why, hello! New member here.

Viera Champion
2010-08-19, 08:03 AM
I bet you all missed meeee. Yes it's me, one of the three great welcomers! Viera Champion! Er... Oops... I'm Kurama now... That's right.

*Huggles all the good little pixies*

Hello and welcome to Homestarrunner.com...
er...
I mean...

Welcome to GiantITP.net
pssstt... It's .com
Oh right...

Welcome to GiantITP.net. It's dot com.:smallbiggrin:

If you have any questions just ask me, Kurama, AKA Viera Champion, AKA the ex-self proclaimed Nicknamer in the Playground.

LanderTaker
2010-08-19, 10:02 AM
Hiii peopleee

I am new in this forum.

Im from Canary Islands (these isles with coconuts, bananas, and running savages with loincloths and spears!!!!).

I have been playing RPGs (and some famous wargames) like 15 years ago. I have been reading order of the stick from about 4 years...

Shigura
2010-08-19, 01:32 PM
Hello! I'm Shigura, also known as Shistar or Katherine. :)

I'm a newbie to OOTS; I just started reading it two weeks ago when I found it on TVtropes, and caught up to the latest only a few days ago. ^^

I've never played DnD, but I have played Neverwinter Nights, which runs on a DnD like system. So hopefully I won't be shunned too badly. xD

I'm also big Final Fantasy addict (Especially when it comes to VIII). So expect many quotes/references from me. :D

{Edit} Also, does anyone have a few tips for a newbie like me? Like, where to start posting and whatnot? :P

Viera Champion
2010-08-19, 06:04 PM
Hello! I'm Shigura, also known as Shistar or Katherine. :)

I'm a newbie to OOTS; I just started reading it two weeks ago when I found it on TVtropes, and caught up to the latest only a few days ago. ^^

I've never played DnD, but I have played Neverwinter Nights, which runs on a DnD like system. So hopefully I won't be shunned too badly. xD

I'm also big Final Fantasy addict (Especially when it comes to VIII). So expect many quotes/references from me. :D

{Edit} Also, does anyone have a few tips for a newbie like me? Like, where to start posting and whatnot? :P

Kurama too the rescue.

Here is a good place. Obviously. Maybe post in the random banter thread or discuss one of the many topics in the Media Discussions forum. Going down to the Silly Message Board Games (SMBG) Forum and participating in some of the threads there, cuz they're always fun and people get to know you.

Then, when you're already, I especially suggest heading down to the Freeform Roleplaying Forum, where you can have fun RPing without needing ANY knowledge of DnD. Have fun and tell me if you have any more problems/questions.^_^

*Huggles*

Cavada
2010-08-19, 06:23 PM
Hey there! I'm Cavada, and I have been a big OotS fan for... must be years now, and have found myself with a large desire to get into another RPing community and I kinda figured... OotS has a forum... why not!? So here I am.

D & D is not the RPG I do most I'm actually more into a game that was once D&D's main competition back in the golden age of tabletop called "Runequest". But I have still read the rules to D&D and I think I know how to play. Besides that I have a whole bucketload of experience in play by post games so I should be able to have some serious funage.

Anyways, I'm ready to do some serious RP or whatever-ness. It will be awesome!

SigCorps
2010-08-19, 08:21 PM
Well new member although I have been reading the boards for a few weeks now. Love the read weapons and armor threads. Long time gamer of mainly D&D but I have played many other systems.

Any how Hey everyone.

Shas aia Toriia
2010-08-19, 08:29 PM
Don't forget, if you have any questions, don't hesitate to send me or a member of the board that actually knows what they're talking about a PM.

Wicked223
2010-08-19, 08:56 PM

Hi.

Lady Moreta
2010-08-20, 03:48 AM
Hello :)

I too am new in the Playground, though like SigCorps above me, I have been browsing for a couple of weeks (it gives me something to do in the boring moments at work).

I hail from Western Australia, and have my husband to thank and blame for getting me involved in D&D. I know he wanders around these boards at times, and I'm curious to see how long it'll take him to notice I joined :)

edit: whoops! it appears I shall have to confess sooner (to get his help), my avatar is - rather larger than I anticipated.

rotary_rocket
2010-08-20, 05:30 PM
Hello! I just finished reading all 743 OOTS strips. It took about a week or so... So I just wanted to say hello and I look forward to interacting with you all!

Viera Champion
2010-08-20, 05:39 PM
Hello :)

I too am new in the Playground, though like SigCorps above me, I have been browsing for a couple of weeks (it gives me something to do in the boring moments at work).

I hail from Western Australia, and have my husband to thank and blame for getting me involved in D&D. I know he wanders around these boards at times, and I'm curious to see how long it'll take him to notice I joined :)

edit: whoops! it appears I shall have to confess sooner (to get his help), my avatar is - rather larger than I anticipated.
For your avatar, the site took off the option that let you automatically adjust the siz of it, so you are going to have to copy it to your PhotoBucket account (If you don't have one, then it's easy to make) and resize it so that neither the length nor the width exceeds 120 pixels.

Lady Moreta
2010-08-21, 12:05 AM
Thank you :)

I realised it just needed to be resized not long after posting - I think I had a bad case of Friday-itis.

I fixed it the easy way - went running to my husband and asked him to do it for me :smallbiggrin:

Eruantion
2010-08-24, 12:44 AM
Hey, I'm new here. One of my friends introduced me to this website, and urged me to join. So, without complaints, here I am. I'm looking forward to getting to know the community here.

Perenelle
2010-08-24, 12:46 AM
Hiya Jon, welcome to the Playground. :smallbiggrin: hope you enjoy it here as much as I have.

Zee
2010-08-24, 04:40 AM
Phew! Finally was able to crawl out of the rock i was buried in . . . been lurking here for quite a while :)

Ignition
2010-08-24, 01:16 PM
Though I'm newly registered, I'm not 'new' to the forums; just been lurking and reading OOTS.

Anyway, hello, my name is Ignition, and I am happy to be here. I'm sure we'll get to know each other soon enough.

jywu98
2010-08-24, 05:17 PM
hi
i am new here

Cealocanth
2010-08-24, 09:55 PM
Welcome to the playground the first few posters above me.

Mordaenor
2010-08-25, 10:25 AM
Greetings all! I'm new, and introducing myself. New to being here, and new to posting on forums in general. But not so new to D&D, although my opportunities to play are few and far between these days.

Thalia
2010-08-25, 11:31 AM
Hello! I'm Thalia, & I'm a newbie here.

I play D&D 3.5, I currently have 2 characters, one is a 1/2 Nymph/Warlock named Kaitani & the other is a Lythari/Ranger Called Synn.

I'm also big Cyberpunk fan where I play a solo/playbeing conversion called Vixen.

heymejack
2010-08-25, 01:59 PM
hi, i'm jack.

i'm dming my first game right now, been playing for a long time. i'll be up here trying to muddle my way through that. thanks a bunch.

Strawberries
2010-08-25, 04:31 PM
Hello Mordaenor, Thalia and Jack. Welcome!

Greetings all! I'm new, and introducing myself. New to being here, and new to posting on forums in general. But not so new to D&D, although my opportunities to play are few and far between these days.

I'm looking forward to seeing you in our play by post subforum (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51), then. :smallsmile:

My pm box is always open, by the way, if you have questions on anything. (Just don't ask me D&D rules question, I'm still a newbie :smalltongue:)

Jutin
2010-08-25, 09:25 PM
:smallbiggrin:Hi hi I am Jutin.

Snares
2010-08-28, 11:32 AM
I never do these intro things, so I thought I'd be sociable for once this time round, hello all.

Read the whole webcomic in a couple of days this week and thoroughly enjoyed it, so looking forward to more adventures from the gang. Thought I'd sign up here too, since it seems a friendly place, and I know at least 2 people who go on here and say it's good - although they don't know I've signed up. Then again, I don't know what either of their usernames are. It's like I'm really an undercover spy... well, perhaps not really. :smallbiggrin: Oh, a few random facts about myself: I haven't actually played very much D&D at all (but I know enough about it to get the jokes), I play drums (partly where my username comes from, that and I love Venetian Snares... I also love The Mars Volta, as you may be able to tell from my avatar) and performed at the Royal Festival Hall, I once had a short chat with the Queen, I love writing and reading, I have an insatiable obsession with brightly coloured shoes, and I go on about things far too much, so I'll stop now. :smalltongue:

The Vorpal Tribble
2010-08-28, 11:43 AM
*rolls in*

*spots fresh meat*

*bites them without the slightest provocation*

*rolls out*

Snares
2010-08-28, 03:22 PM
Whuh? I'm just going to assume that was some kind of initiation rite...

Gullara
2010-08-28, 07:06 PM
I am glad to say I am back from a prolonged absence from the Playground due to very limited internet access. Its great to be back.:smallbiggrin:

urbanwolf
2010-08-28, 09:18 PM
Hello I am Urbanwolf
I am a DM hosting my sixth game
I am a huge Dragonlance and Discworld fan and enjoy a great many other works I waste a large amount of time playing WoW

CynicalAvocado
2010-08-28, 10:05 PM
allo :)
my name is anthony and i am a cynic and an avocado

Gullara
2010-08-28, 10:12 PM
allo :)
my name is anthony and i am a cynic and an avocado

I wish I was a food item:smallfrown:

yermajesty
2010-08-28, 10:25 PM
hi i just joined, read entire 743 oots comics in like 2 days

Azareal
2010-08-28, 11:00 PM
Love the comics, and well DnD in general, so joined the boards and am saying Hello!

49_Blue_Sun
2010-08-29, 12:12 PM
Well that's that then. I've finally registered. Long have I lurked from afar, observing, discovering your insideous plots and unnatural secrets, and having much lulz. But now? Now I've actually decided to come here. Why? Boredom. I need something a little new. This should do it. I hope. That, and, I know your plans for world domination. Yes, THOSE plans, you know who you are.

Am I a roleplayer? Er, yeah. Pretty sure I am. Some of those of lesser intelligence and high jerkassness say otherwise, but what do they know? They're not the awesomeness that is me.

Have I read the comic? Naturally. I guess you could say I've BEEN reading the comic for awhile. It's got everything I want and then some. I rate it +5/+5 webcomic of kickass.

Am I a regular Dungeons and Dragons player? Sadly, no, and by no, I mean 'never played in my entire life, up to this point.' There, now you know my dirty secret. I've just proven I can be more honest than all of you. But that's okay. I'm willing to forgive. Are you willing to forgive me of my ignorance? I seek to repent! Enlighten me and wash me clean of my sins! Show me the ways of the D20!

Am I available? Er, sadly, yes.

Why did I name myself 49_What_Ever? I originally came up with the name for an AI character for a roleplay we were running. It didn't last long, but I still kept the name.

Will I actually stay? Iunno, I keep asking that myself. Do you care enough to want to make me stay? C'mon, show me you care! Show me you are capable of LOVE! But not the kind of love in how I love to eat a cookie. Or the joy in slaughter.

Haruki-kun
2010-08-29, 12:20 PM
Well that's that then. I've finally registered. Long have I lurked from afar, observing, discovering your insideous plots and unnatural secrets, and having much lulz. But now? Now I've actually decided to come here. Why? Boredom. I need something a little new. This should do it. I hope. That, and, I know your plans for world domination. Yes, THOSE plans, you know who you are.

Am I a roleplayer? Er, yeah. Pretty sure I am. Some of those of lesser intelligence and high jerkassness say otherwise, but what do they know? They're not the awesomeness that is me.

Have I read the comic? Naturally. I guess you could say I've BEEN reading the comic for awhile. It's got everything I want and then some. I rate it +5/+5 webcomic of kickass.

Am I a regular Dungeons and Dragons player? Sadly, no, and by no, I mean 'never played in my entire life, up to this point.' There, now you know my dirty secret. I've just proven I can be more honest than all of you. But that's okay. I'm willing to forgive. Are you willing to forgive me of my ignorance? I seek to repent! Enlighten me and wash me clean of my sins! Show me the ways of the D20!

Am I available? Er, sadly, yes.

Why did I name myself 49_What_Ever? I originally came up with the name for an AI character for a roleplay we were running. It didn't last long, but I still kept the name.

Will I actually stay? Iunno, I keep asking that myself. Do you care enough to want to make me stay? C'mon, show me you care! Show me you are capable of LOVE! But not the kind of love in how I love to eat a cookie. Or the joy in slaughter.

Well, welcome to the playground!

And don't worry, many of us don't play DnD either. The community's pretty open.

Here, let me help you out. If you're into RolePlaying, try this board. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32) It's FreeForm, play-by-post, no DM. For other types of games, try this one. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13) Also PbP. I don't frequent it, though, so I can't help you out in it. I don't even understand it.

Oh, and if you want an Avatar, try this thread. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159238)

Enjoy your stay!

Strawberries
2010-08-29, 12:31 PM
Wellcome, Blue_Sun! And all the others as well.

Allow me to add my help to Haruki-kun's (I find it amusing that, while he doesn't understand the pbp subforum, I can't make heads or tails of the freeform one :smalltongue:)

All the D&D rules you may want to start playing are here (http://www.d20srd.org/index.htm). The subforum you should go to join a D&D play by post is actually this one (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51). One of the stickies is a guide, and is very helpful.
Don't worry, people there don't eat the D&D newbies. I'm still in one piece, and playing there, so... :smalltongue:

Also, any question you may have, just PM me!

Nibleswick
2010-08-29, 02:19 PM
Hello everyone.
Some of you might remember me, I have been gone for two years now. It's nice to see that the board is just as friendly as when I went away.:smallsmile:

Haruki-kun
2010-08-29, 07:46 PM
Hello everyone.
Some of you might remember me, I have been gone for two years now. It's nice to see that the board is just as friendly as when I went away.:smallsmile:

Hey.... I think I actually remember you!

Welcome back!

The Grey Ghost
2010-08-29, 10:24 PM
I'm new here and would like to say "Hi all!" ....so there, I said it. I'd also like to point out that the link at the top of my screen suggesting that I post in the new members forum, sorely needs updating.:smallamused:

49_Blue_Sun
2010-08-29, 10:24 PM
Well, welcome to the playground!

And don't worry, many of us don't play DnD either. The community's pretty open.

Here, let me help you out. If you're into RolePlaying, try blah blah blah blah...
Enjoy your stay!

Allow me to add my help to Haruki-kun's (I find it amusing that, while he doesn't understand the pbp subforum, I can't make etc...

Huh... well, to clarify, thanks to my earlier lurking and supreme amazingness, I kinda knew all of that stuff. And the Dnd rulesets... Well, I know, almost all the basics about 3.5, except for skills and feats and etc. Anything that makes 4th edition diffirent from 3.5 though, I'm lost.

But! That's not important. You were helpful and still tried to be friendly and welcome. Which you were! So you two will be spared. Plus now I can plan more for my first real character with that stuff.

Emongnome777
2010-08-30, 07:50 AM
Yet another N00b here. :smallsigh: I won't bore you with personal details, just wanted to say I'm looking forward to being a little more than a fly on the wall, as I've been for some time now.

Nyle
2010-08-30, 10:27 PM
Hello,
Some old friends and online acquaintances have been asking that I join this forum for years. I just finished up a three year stint where I toured the wilder parts of Southeast Asia and the not-so-wild parts of Japan. So here I am, as promised.
I need to catch up on a lot of reading.
-Johnny C.

Uber-Gam3r
2010-08-31, 02:19 AM
Hello, people who have been here longer than I!

I come from the far off forums of 910cmx, directed here from Chocolate Hammer, after which I was a little confused by the "new members here" link, which had yet another link to a full "new members here" thread. After a brief moment or two of confusion, I searched in the right forum subsection of this lovely tan place you've got here and found the correct place to introduce myself!

I am Über-Gam3r, the heinously named and occasionally wordy surveyor of... things I happened to be interested in surveying at the moment. My interests shift quite often, but online roleplaying and being a cynical, sarcastic [guy] have lasted long enough to be relatively constant. Hope I can find my place hereabouts! Thanks for listening. I'm gonna take a look around, now.

Killer Angel
2010-08-31, 05:27 AM
Welcome to the new members, I hope you'll enjoy the forum! :smallsmile:

For any doubt, you're welcome to ask.

AerykVyrion
2010-08-31, 04:43 PM
Greetings everyone! Long time fan of the OoTS, longer fan of D&D, only just got into the forum. I quite enjoy it so far. :)

Temotei
2010-08-31, 08:17 PM
Greetings everyone! Long time fan of the OoTS, longer fan of D&D, only just got into the forum. I quite enjoy it so far. :)

You should. If you didn't, I'd have to present a series of queries about...things.

:smallamused:

Welcome to the Playground. :smallcool:

Wyverian
2010-08-31, 09:07 PM
Greetings, I am new here so yea... Ummm... Sure... Its tea time so yea... lol

Gullara
2010-08-31, 11:37 PM
Hello everybody!

And since it hasn't been mentioned in a while, here is the link to the thread to ask for a custom oots avatar.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159238

The Vorpal Tribble
2010-09-01, 02:49 PM
For newbies looking for things to do, several new contests started as of today.

If you like homebrew, there's the GITP Monster Competition XLIX - Underfoot (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9269599#post9269599)

Or for art in the comic style, Iron Avatarist: It's.... Magic! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166642)

Perhaps you're an optimizer, then try Iron Optimization Challenge XI (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166539)

MelWhite
2010-09-01, 03:27 PM
Uhm... is this thing on?

Hey there! I'm here. Don't know what to say about myself, so I'll just say hello.

login login
2010-09-02, 12:25 AM
Ohai. I's new to the forum... :)

Gullara
2010-09-02, 12:40 AM
Ohai. I's new to the forum... :)

I must inform you that only the most proper and upright use of grammar is allowed on this forum.

Not really, but I appreciate it:smalltongue:

Roldenn
2010-09-02, 05:31 PM
Hi, I'm the newest member I guess, I was given this site through a member, I'm not sure of his name, and was told this was a great site to role play on, I love role playing, but due to real life events i rarely get to do it anymore, but i still have the urges to role play, i hope to make lots of new friends and maybe even some rivals in this big playground of a world ^_^.

Atem12
2010-09-02, 05:59 PM
Hi all, I'm new (obviously)!I've been reading OOTS for a long time, and I just discovered I could join this place. So I did. Umm...I guess there's nothing else to say.

red the mighty
2010-09-02, 08:05 PM
hey Im new Im a close friend of penguinator and have decided to start playing. im just saying hey i guess.

Gullara
2010-09-02, 08:57 PM
Hello and welcome new members thre... I mean hi

Kerrin
2010-09-03, 09:48 AM
Hulloo!

I've been reading OOTS and the forums for some time now and decided to join up to participate - I have enjoyed the friendliness of everyone in the forums in my time reading them, so thank you for making me feel welcome already.

Cheers!

Grag
2010-09-03, 01:22 PM
Hello here!

registered to play WW games after reading about Ruts' experiences.

Haruki-kun
2010-09-03, 01:27 PM
Hello here!

registered to play WW games after reading about Ruts' experiences.

Just remember: Werewolf is SRS BUSINESS! :smalltongue:

Enjoy!

Grag
2010-09-03, 01:29 PM
Just remember: Werewolf is SRS BUSINESS! :smalltongue:

Enjoy!

I expect it's "sewious" as well.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3242/2941699270_92fb28cf5a_o.jpg

Haruki-kun
2010-09-04, 01:38 PM
Oh, you have NO idea. :smallbiggrin:

Nibleswick
2010-09-04, 11:43 PM
Yay! Some one remembers me. I feel cool now:smallcool:

Eiko
2010-09-05, 07:52 AM
Hello crazy forum!

I am very pleased to meet you all and hope I enjoy the games and banter I find on here.

littlekKID
2010-09-07, 09:17 AM
hi!
I'm 15 and I'm playing D&D for about 4 years. And I've been a silent observer on that site for 2 years (thanks Tv Tropes!), mostly reading OOTS, but I decided to join the forums, mostly because I need SOME website to help me pretend I have a social life.
And to be obsessive about him, of course:smallbiggrin:

Gullara
2010-09-07, 09:31 PM
hi!
I'm 15 and I'm playing D&D for about 4 years. And I've been a silent observer on that site for 2 years (thanks Tv Tropes!), mostly reading OOTS, but I decided to join the forums, mostly because I need SOME website to help me pretend I have a social life.
And to be obsessive about him, of course:smallbiggrin:

Welcome, The Playground is an excellent place to pretend you have a social life, or even actually have one if you play your cards right.

Quincunx
2010-09-08, 03:34 AM
Nibleswick! You were the other one we've been waiting for! (Nomron returned several months ago.)

Welcome, The Playground is an excellent place to pretend you have a social life, or even actually have one if you play your cards right.

*snorfle* Truer words were never spoken. :smallamused:

Killer Angel
2010-09-09, 02:00 AM
Welcome, The Playground is an excellent place to pretend you have a social life.

My excuse is that improves my understanding of english language. :smallwink:

Goxenul
2010-09-09, 06:29 AM
Hi everybody! My English isn't that good, so I probably won't be posting much, but I just wanted to say hello.

Skeppio
2010-09-09, 07:32 AM
Welcome to GitP, Goxenul! Enjoy your time here! :smallsmile:

DarkOrion
2010-09-09, 04:39 PM
Hello everyone, I am a new member to the GITP forums, I hope to join some of the amazing games that I have heard go on around here. :smallcool:

BSMMael
2010-09-09, 06:18 PM
Hello, I'm just going to be lurking around the forums.

P.S. - Mael & I are two completely different people.

pedrie123
2010-09-11, 08:03 AM
hello friends..this is a fun place no doubt..lot of activities and games going on I believe..excited to be a part..

Tainmal
2010-09-11, 12:26 PM
HEY!

I'm new here, it's nice to see you are.

...I hope we can be good friends.

bondpirate
2010-09-11, 09:43 PM
Hello, thought it's time I stop being a lurker, enjoying the site, and be a contributor, enjoying the site. :smallsmile:

Here! Here! ARRRR!

Cap'n Jazz
2010-09-12, 12:39 AM
Hi everybody, I'm new here (obviously). Anyway, I do a lot of roleplaying, specifically WoD and D&D. I also play a lot of MTG. Glad to be here!

Strawberries
2010-09-12, 02:23 AM
Hello everyone, I am a new member to the GITP forums, I hope to join some of the amazing games that I have heard go on around here. :smallcool:

*In creepy reverberating voice* "Join usss... we are waiting for you..." :smalltongue:

Hello, I'm just going to be lurking around the forums.

Awww, why? Posting is a lot of fun! :smallsmile:

hello friends..this is a fun place no doubt..lot of activities and games going on I believe..excited to be a part..

"Join usss..." Ahem.... I already said that. Sorry, force of habit

I'm new here, it's nice to see you are.

Don't be deceived by appearances. We only ACT nice... so we can eat you when you least expect it. :smalltongue:

Hello, thought it's time I stop being a lurker, enjoying the site, and be a contributor, enjoying the site. :smallsmile:
Here! Here! ARRRR!

ARRRR! To you, sir. Welcome!

Hi everybody, I'm new here (obviously). Anyway, I do a lot of roleplaying, specifically WoD and D&D. I also play a lot of MTG. Glad to be here!

Glad to have you here, Cap'n Jazz!

WELCOME EVERYBODY!

Gullara
2010-09-12, 04:49 PM
Welcome everybody.

Just so you know there is a MTG thread here.
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162760

Dang
2010-09-12, 05:25 PM
Hello there everyone! I've read Order of the Stick for a long time now and it's the first time I visit the forum (I wanted to know what the hell that puppet reference was :smalltongue:). As long as I was here, I thought I might as well create a profile. See you around! :smallbiggrin:

Ponderthought
2010-09-13, 01:29 AM
Hullo Dang.

You might want to avoid posting in colored text all the time, i get the impression that it might get abit irritating.

(I didnt get the puppet reference either >>)

george34mist
2010-09-13, 04:31 AM
hello. Im new here.

JohnOfOrdo3
2010-09-13, 02:54 PM
Nice to meet you George, so am I.

Hello forum at large, let's have a blast eh? :smallsmile:

Twin Dragons
2010-09-13, 03:32 PM
I'm being oppressed at the paizo forums so I'm migrating here for awhile.

fil kearney
2010-09-14, 12:09 AM
Hey! I"m pretty new here. I'm making GitP my new PbP home because my work server hasn't blocked it yet. :) But... now that I've got some games going, I'll have to stick around regardless... Good times ahead! :)

Symmys
2010-09-15, 03:01 PM
Hello and welcome everyone! :smallsmile:

TheGeckoKing
2010-09-15, 06:13 PM
Hello! The King is in da house!

guv'nuh
2010-09-16, 12:38 AM
Hello everyone! I've been reading Oots for awhile, so I thought I'd join the forums.

Killer Angel
2010-09-16, 02:06 AM
WELCOME to all the new members (hugs following)!

We're always glad to gain new forumeers, you know, Strenght is in the numbers, We grow in power and all that jazz. :smallwink:

Enjoy! :smallsmile:

Prospekt
2010-09-16, 11:53 AM
Hey y'all, snibbity dibbity. I'm a long time OotS reader, and have been playing D&D for a little while. Figured I should join up with my brethren, at any rate.

THEChanger
2010-09-16, 02:57 PM
Hail, and well met. I, for the few who may not have been able to figure this out, am new here. While I enjoy both D&D and OOTS, I have not been able to play as much Dungeons as I would have liked. I plan to fix that.

Strawberries
2010-09-16, 03:01 PM
Hello everyone. I'll be your host for this little box just here for now.

See you around inside for a beer maybes?

x

Hello and welcome. A Guinness for me, thank you. You're paying? :smallbiggrin::smalltongue:

Hey y'all, snibbity dibbity. I'm a long time OotS reader, and have been playing D&D for a little while. Figured I should join up with my brethren, at any rate.

But of course! I'm sure you'll make an excellent cultist forumite! :smalltongue:

Hail, and well met. I, for the few who may not have been able to figure this out, am new here. While I enjoy both D&D and OOTS, I have not been able to play as much Dungeons as I would have liked. I plan to fix that.

As I always say in this cases we are waiting for you! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)

Welcome, all!

anperalta84
2010-09-17, 10:41 AM
Hi guys! I am new here.

FMHB
2010-09-17, 12:54 PM
Hey. Field Marshal Herman Bubbles here. Been a DM for about 5 years now (which means I haven't played a game as a character in about that long). I got into OOTS. Belkar's my favorite character, and I'm here looking for some possible help with some homebrew stuff I've got...brewing for my PC's in a large scale 10 person game I'm running.

Should be good fun!

Hieronymus Rex
2010-09-18, 05:40 AM
Howdy all, or in my native tongue dia is muire dhaoibh (that'd be an ancient Irish greeting :smallwink:).

Not much to tell about myself, long time OoTS reader (along with Penny Arcade, PvPonline, LFG, QC, xkcd, Weregeek... I read a lot of webcomics) with a strong interest in RPGs which I sadly have to mostly conceal in my day-to-day life due to none of my friends having any real interest in it. :smallfrown: Hoping to get involved in my university's gaming society at some point though, so that's something! And with any luck I may get involved in one or two games hereabouts.

Hope to be posting here regularly so I look forward to chatting with you all!

Go n'éirí an bóthar libh!

PotA36
2010-09-18, 11:20 AM
I am posting on the welcome thread, partialy to welcome myself, and somewhat to see If my avatar is working.

Haruki-kun
2010-09-18, 01:50 PM
I am posting on the welcome thread, partialy to welcome myself, and somewhat to see If my avatar is working.

It's working, but I'd suggest a .png format to allow a transparent background.

Welcome, everyone!

seadak
2010-09-18, 02:03 PM
Hi I'm Jim!!!!!!!!

Duncfoo
2010-09-18, 03:30 PM
Hello all!:smallredface:

I am an avid gamer familiar with most systems these days. I love an interesting story and a silly character. Hopefully I'll get involved in some of the PbP games both in running and playing. Otherwise, I'll just join others in scheming and plotting.

Ryokken
2010-09-18, 04:13 PM
Hello. I've watching this site for quite a few years now. Just now got to the forums to see what flies around here.

seadak
2010-09-18, 07:25 PM
hihihihihihihihihi

Gullara
2010-09-18, 08:57 PM
Hi I'm Jim!!!!!!!!

hihihihihihihihihi

Hi Jim:smallbiggrin:

BlueWizard
2010-09-19, 12:32 AM
Blue Wizard checking in to remind newbies to see the PbP gaming section.

Always in need of good DMs and creative roleplayers... :smallcool:

Strawberries
2010-09-19, 05:00 AM
Blue Wizard checking in to remind newbies to see the PbP gaming section.

Always in need of good DMs and creative roleplayers... :smallcool:

Strawberries would like to put her seal of approval on this message.

MESSAGE APPROVED

For all you newbies, the pbp section is here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)

Welcome!

Belthasar
2010-09-20, 10:13 PM
Greetings, everyone.

Killer Angel
2010-09-21, 04:12 AM
Hello Belthasar! what are your main interests? Let us know, we're hungry for knowledge! :smallsmile:

Skeppio
2010-09-21, 04:29 AM
Yeeeessss......we hunger for fresssssh knowledge.....and fleessssssh.

Um, I mean, welcome newcomers! Hope you enjoy your stay on our lovely forums!

evile420
2010-09-21, 06:59 AM
hello all!

i have been lurking on the boards for awhile now... figured it was time to come out and say 'hi'.

so... ummm... hi.

Dragon queen
2010-09-21, 02:02 PM
I'm Back, after forgetting about this site for a couple months. It's nice to be back.

(Also Welcome all new members:smallbiggrin:!)

Mervax
2010-09-21, 07:13 PM
Hello New to forum i love Oots tho :mitd: O.o And as a final thing GROUP HUG!:thog:

Aporia
2010-09-24, 01:54 PM
Hello, Playground! Don't mind me -- just here to build a few sandcastles over there...

metlink
2010-09-24, 06:43 PM
Hello playground. I am a newbie to the forums, but not the site. I have been a lurker for at least five years now. I used the site as a resource for D&D games (And to a lesser extent- GURPS and d20 Modern). Now I finally join as a member, never thought I would, but here I am. :)

Mrhelpful
2010-09-24, 10:39 PM
Hello, long time fan of the comic here. I have played several different RPGs, such as D&D (3.5/4.0), Shadowrun, L5R, and Star Wars Saga.

bitter_howls
2010-09-25, 02:08 AM
Hello! I'm new! This is a new hello!

Skeppio
2010-09-25, 02:28 AM
And this is a new greeting! Hello and welcome to Giant in the Playground, recent additions to our ever-expanding fold! Explore the boards, be good and above all have fun!

terenes
2010-09-25, 05:01 AM
Good Morning everybody.

utahman
2010-09-25, 06:54 PM
Uh... Hello all. My names Mike. I like games. I play mostly the video kind. Not that I'm opposed to table top, I actually quite enjoy it. I've just never been able to find a group, or the group hasn't stayed together too long, though it might help if I took the time to actually to learn the rules :smallfrown: Anyways, I just thought I'd say hi.

And I'm from Utah by the way. Though that's probably kind of obvious :smallbiggrin:

Valumior
2010-09-26, 07:29 AM
So yeah... um... Hello? :smallbiggrin:

Haruki-kun
2010-09-26, 02:07 PM
Hey, guys, welcome to GITP. Enjoy your stay!

Wierdkid20
2010-09-26, 08:45 PM
Ello all. I'm a lurker who has decided to turn her shield off.

Kobb
2010-09-26, 09:18 PM
My name is Kobb, I have been wondering some other forums for a while. I figured that I loved Order of the Stick so I might as well join these forums. Nice to meet you all.

Sorry if my intro is sort of short.

Haruki-kun
2010-09-26, 09:20 PM
Hello! We actually have a thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156384)for introductory posts. But welcome, nonetheless.

Ah. We got moved. Thanks, mods!

Forevernade
2010-09-26, 11:11 PM
Hi everyone. I never said hello when I first joined, so when I noticed this thread I thought I better say hi! :smallbiggrin:

Haruki-kun
2010-09-26, 11:20 PM
Hi everyone. I never said hello when I first joined, so when I noticed this thread I thought I better say hi! :smallbiggrin:

Oh, hi! Welcome!

.....hey, come to think of it, neither did I!

Hi! I'm new! :smalltongue:

Rae Artemi
2010-09-27, 04:36 AM
Hi! I'm new! :smalltongue:

LIES!

:smalltongue:

Blue Ghost
2010-09-27, 05:04 PM
Hmm... I never said hi here either... so...
Good morning! :smallbiggrin:

ColonelFuster
2010-09-27, 06:45 PM
Hello all you new people, and hello again to the people who already know me. I'm back from an extremely long hiatus. I apologize to everyone whom I may have left hanging.

teezoen
2010-09-27, 08:54 PM
Long time lurker, first time poster. Sup? I'm from Kansas, and I'm still fairly new to the game, but I enjoy it a lot. I like RP more than hack and slash.

I hope to make friends and throw some dice. :D

jgumbyrx
2010-09-28, 11:36 AM
checkin' in for my first time.
we'll be seeing ya.

:smallcool:

Killer Angel
2010-09-28, 02:57 PM
A warm welcome to the newcomers.
Teezoen, probably you should check the Play-by-post games section... :smallsmile:

Flechair
2010-09-28, 04:38 PM
Welcome to GitP, even to the people that never introduced themselves when they first joined.

I hope you all find a nice place to feel welcome here.

TenRedCats
2010-09-28, 05:06 PM
Hello Playground. We are the ten red cats (saying "we" for correct grammar). I hope to see you kind folks around the playground. :smallsmile:

rahkshi95
2010-09-28, 08:15 PM
Hey everyone!
I recently discovered OOTS and sincerely regret not joining the message boards earlier.
Hope the Order will be here for a long long time!

~Rahkshi95

Muse_Fool
2010-09-28, 10:24 PM
I've been a long reader of OOTS myself, but the thought of joining this forum crossed my mind recent...ly...

There have been eight "welcome" threads? Woah.

Skeppio
2010-09-28, 10:51 PM
Of course. We have to keep the front gate in full view. Otherwise, how will people enter our lovely playground? :smallbiggrin:

Welcome to our newest members (and the few of you who realised you hadn't posted in here when you first joined :smallamused:). Hope you have a great time in the playground. Good to have you on board!

FreshlyMinted
2010-09-29, 08:13 PM
Hello, Mandatory introduction thread!

Layyzor
2010-09-29, 09:13 PM
Hello all, long time reader first time poster. I found OOtS a few years ago along with gaming, but went on to other things for a while and have just recently returned.:smallsmile:

Ealilla
2010-09-30, 02:18 AM
Hi all!! =DDD

Lord_Gareth
2010-09-30, 02:20 AM
Holy hell we actually have one of these threads?

Well, um. Hi. To a lot of people. Ah, looks like seven threads plus this one's worth.

Umm...

Yeah.

Si-on
2010-09-30, 04:08 AM
Hello from me. I am a long-time lurker who finally plucked up the courage to join.

rakkoon
2010-09-30, 06:20 AM
Courage will lead you far,
welcome and all,
read the rules and join the fun

Gullara
2010-09-30, 09:01 AM
Courage will lead you far,
welcome and all,
read the rules and join the fun

Fun is mandatory.

Roc Ness
2010-10-01, 06:52 AM
Oh wow. I am actually a fairly senior (well, compared to you guys) board member, now... and I never discovered this thread in all of its incarnations! Well, that stops here! :smallfurious:

HELLO ALL NEW BOARD MEMBERS FROM ROC NESS!

If you guys are new, and need a l'il bit of assistance, just give me a PM (you can do that by clicking on my name to the left, just above my avatar).

Gullara
2010-10-01, 11:39 AM
Oh wow. I am actually a fairly senior (well, compared to you guys) board member, now... and I never discovered this thread in all of its incarnations! Well, that stops here! :smallfurious:

HELLO ALL NEW BOARD MEMBERS FROM ROC NESS!

If you guys are new, and need a l'il bit of assistance, just give me a PM (you can do that by clicking on my name to the left, just above my avatar).

I think you scared off all the newcomers with your shouting:smalltongue:

Roc Ness
2010-10-01, 08:16 PM
I think you scared off all the newcomers with your shouting:smalltongue:

Oops... Sorry

KumdoGirl
2010-10-01, 10:40 PM
Hello everybody. I just joined so I though I should introduce myself. I love martial arts, reading, and writing!

Eldest Wolf
2010-10-02, 01:28 AM
Hi I'm new here. I'm a big fan of both Order of the Stick and of AD&D (1st and 2ed Ed) and I heard that you give the rules of both 1st and 2ed AD&D.
Now I'm still reading the Order of the Stick comic and I don't know how to play AD&D and the main reason why I came here. I have the rule books for AD&D 2ed Ed but not 1st. So I was wondering if anyone could tell me where I could read this rules please?

dzukelica
2010-10-02, 01:48 AM
llways wanted to do it, never got a chance. Because of geographical issues, small town, country in which D&D is not so familiar and viable way of fun, lots of other reasons like findin some livin creature near who want to try it with me.. seemed impossible. Then internet came, games too, Baldurs Gate,Newerwinter Nights, Icewind Dale.. Drizzt Do Urden and Elminster, Dragonlance, Forgotten Realms..
I love the Lore. I love the games, i even read the manuals and probably have vague understanding of dice and play system. Im kinda of RP fan even if i didnt ever tried it in p&p term.

Im on central european time and even if my college starts in couple of days, playtimes are not issue.
Willin to play every system you propose, on any platform of your choosing.

Tnx in advance

PS; Submited for premade character introduction quests.. alex the human fighter, as i understand, it is a quest for newcomers, if not, il delete that post.

Questions are, how is it played by net & forum,
what books do i need to download & read

i think it will be a long experience as it feels much complex, just hope youl stick by me

tnx in advance
gl

amnonian
2010-10-02, 04:28 AM
I've been lurking in this forum for the past 3 months, And i've finally decided to join.

Roc Ness
2010-10-02, 07:08 AM
*Waves* Hello new people! I remember being a lurker before I joined. 'Twas fun. :smallbiggrin:

Eldest Wolf
2010-10-02, 11:25 AM
So uh is that a no? :confused: No rules here on AD&D 1st Ed?

LordOMud
2010-10-02, 02:18 PM
Hey, Guys. My name is Logan, and I'm a long time lurker, so I decided to stop beating around the bush and just register. A couple of my cousins have accounts here, not sure if they are active though. From the looks of it, this place has much more to offer then any other forum, so I hope it's as good as I think it will be.

Haruki-kun
2010-10-02, 04:05 PM
Hey, Guys. My name is Logan, and I'm a long time lurker, so I decided to stop beating around the bush and just register. A couple of my cousins have accounts here, not sure if they are active though. From the looks of it, this place has much more to offer then any other forum, so I hope it's as good as I think it will be.

It will! Feel free to just jump into any discussion. Welcome aboard! :smallsmile:

Tinkee
2010-10-02, 08:12 PM
Hey all, just joined up today. Finished reading OoTS and been trolling for a few days and finally decided to join! Havent every really played any D&D, but I love RPG's and been definately reading some of the D&D threads and it seems pretty interesting! Anyhow, Nice to meet ya all!

-Tinkee

Rae Artemi
2010-10-02, 08:24 PM
Hey all, just joined up today. Finished reading OoTS and been trolling for a few days and finally decided to join! Havent every really played any D&D, but I love RPG's and been definately reading some of the D&D threads and it seems pretty interesting! Anyhow, Nice to meet ya all!

-Tinkee

Just so you know, the correct term is lurking. Trolling means something completely different.

Oh, and hello!

Gullara
2010-10-02, 09:33 PM
Just so you know, the correct term is lurking. Trolling means something completely different.

Oh, and hello!

Stop trolling the newbies Rae.

(kind of a stretch I know)

allanbard
2010-10-03, 10:59 AM
Hello, everyone! A writer, healthy food consultant, massage therapist here who couldn't be convinced there's something better than writing (and reading) of books ;)! I was so excited after writing my 1st Tale Of The Rock Pieces that I knew writing of books will be the thing that anyone could do until the end of his days, not being annoyed or irritated... that's why there are a lot of other books in my head that wait impatiently to be written: The Opposite Of Magic (almost written), Kids' Funny Business, The Lord Of The Christ, Lake Mystery, Space Ghosts, A Writer's Adventures, Parazites, The Origin of Gods, Incredible Future, A Detective's Life, etc...

{scrubbed}

Best wishes to all fans of fantasy ans sci-fy! Let the wonderful noise of the sea always sounds in your ears! (a greeting of the water dragons' hunters - my 1st Tale Of The Rock Pieces).

ClockworkHorror
2010-10-03, 01:27 PM
Hi Guys !

Another long time lurker singing in. I've been following Order of the Stick for quite a long time. I love Dungeons and Dragons, and it seems that this site is the most friendly site on the internet. So yeah, I'm 22, and in University. I study Economics and Philosophy. When I game, I am mostly the Dm.

So yeah. :smallsmile:

Shandorian
2010-10-03, 07:59 PM
Hello,

I finally decided to join. Been reading Oots and playing D&D for a couple years, and I occasionally glanced here for some answers. It will be nice to finally be a part of the discussion.

Take care.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2010-10-03, 08:04 PM
Welcome allanbard, Clockwork Horror, and Shandorian! Hope you enjoy your time here. And stuff. I'm kinda tired. I'm going to eat something. See ya around? :smallcool:

Skeppio
2010-10-03, 08:05 PM
Hi Guys !

Another long time lurker singing in. I've been following Order of the Stick for quite a long time. I love Dungeons and Dragons, and it seems that this site is the most friendly site on the internet. So yeah, I'm 22, and in University. I study Economics and Philosophy. When I game, I am mostly the Dm.

So yeah. :smallsmile:

Well said, buddy! In all my net travels, I've never found a site as friendly and kind as this one.

So welcome new members! Enjoy your time in this fine place!

Gullara
2010-10-03, 09:55 PM
Well said, buddy! In all my net travels, I've never found a site as friendly and kind as this one.

NO!! Skeppio, they got you too?

Run, run while you can, before they take you too. Hurr- AHHH!!!

Just kidding, this site it pretty dang great.:smallbiggrin:

Roc Ness
2010-10-03, 10:44 PM

I'd concur, but haven't really been to any other sites. :smalltongue:

Lord_Gareth
2010-10-04, 12:21 AM
Remember - there is no mind control.

Go back to your fun.

Or else.

Tinkee
2010-10-04, 04:14 AM
wasnt sure where else to ask this, but about how often is there a new OoTS comic up on average?

Skeppio
2010-10-04, 04:28 AM
I'm gonna level with you Tinkee. There is no regular schedule, and asking about it can get you in a bit of trouble.

It's just that Rich has a few health problems and as such the updates are a bit sporadic. It's done when it's done. :smallwink:

That aside, welcome to the forums! Have a great time here!

ragnar
2010-10-05, 03:39 AM
Hi there !

a few words about me : I'm 42 and I live in France. I started playing RPG when they were first introduced in France (27 years back, gosh...). At that time it was the first edition of D&D. Since then I played essentially with the same buddies. We started with D&D, then AD&D and are now playing 3.5
Since we now have families we gather only twice or thrice a year for playing over a week end.
We are quite happy with the D&D 3.5 rules. They are richer and more detailed. We just re-introduced a "die-hard" option to spice it a bit.
I've read very interesting stuff here. My interest in joining the forum is mainly to find answers to some questions we have from time to time on rules interpretations.

Talk to you soon. Cheers

Roc Ness
2010-10-05, 05:43 AM
Hello Ragnar! :smallbiggrin:

Lessee, for rules interpretation the first place you'll wanna look is the Simple Q&A D&D thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160411) in the roleplaying games section of GitP. Just post your question there (read the rules on the first page first!), and in 24 hours somebody will have hopefully posted an answer in response! But please note that that thread is for D&D 3.5...

ragnar
2010-10-05, 06:08 AM
Thanx Roc Ness.

I'll post in this thread first.

C.U.

Invelios
2010-10-05, 11:33 AM
Howdy,

I have been lurking for a few weeks, and am now beginning to join some PbP games.

been playing D&D for years and just about any other geeky hobby you can think of except fantasy sports :)

I work in logistics and was born and raised in Texas. Served in the Marines (where I found D&D) and Graduated from Kingwood College and The University of Houston.

Thanks,

Invelios

Rae Artemi
2010-10-05, 11:54 AM
To all you new people,
http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/2208/hiiq.png

CynicalAvocado
2010-10-05, 05:25 PM
i baked welcome cookies!!

*hides wrappers from store bought home-made cookies

Bliss Authority
2010-10-05, 11:55 PM
Allo all. Long time lurker, NeoVid finally convinced me to join today.

Warning: Indie RPG nut. ESPECIALLY Bliss Stage. You have been warned!

Worlok
2010-10-06, 08:26 AM
And another long-time lurker says "Hello". No, seriously, I have been checking on this site for about five years. And now I finally got around to signing up. I feel sort of strange... but in a good way. :smalltongue:

Tinkee
2010-10-06, 11:00 AM
Ahh thanks Skeppio, sorry about that. Didnt realize all that. Just love the comic so much that I get excited every day to check and see! But I understand that a true work of genious such as this literary masterpiece definately takes time.. cant rush perfection! :smallsmile: Rich, Ill focus all my positive energy your way! Get better! But thanks for the welcome!

ghost_of_sparta
2010-10-06, 08:45 PM
hello there fair gentlemen and ladies. pleased to be a part of this lustrous business establishment

KerfuffleMach2
2010-10-06, 08:56 PM
Yay new peoples!

Don't mind the mess. VT had a little too much coffee and...well...let's not get into that...

Anderson_Mind
2010-10-06, 09:34 PM
Hello everyone! Im not online much, but its nice to find a community of fellow table-top gamers.

I've got a few ideas I would love to bounce around some time! I look forward to talking with all of you1

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2010-10-06, 09:59 PM
Yay new peoples!

Don't mind the mess. VT had a little too much coffee and...well...let's not get into that...

VT is the Vorpal Tribble, for those who don't know.

Also, welcome Anderson Mind! I love your screen name. :smallbiggrin:

KerfuffleMach2
2010-10-07, 10:15 PM
VT is the Vorpal Tribble, for those who don't know.

I said let's not get into it!

It was supposed to be a surprise!

KiwiQuest
2010-10-08, 08:11 AM
Hey people :smallsmile:

Been hanging around the roleplaying games forum for a couple of years, decided to register and figured I'd say hi here.

24 years old, Danish, and.. Well, not much :smalltongue:

Carry on

khylis
2010-10-08, 08:26 AM
Hey guys, I've been lurking on the forum for a while.

Quietly chuckling at class imbalance discussion threads and trying to absorb some of the amicable atomosphere here.

I'm currently GM'ing a short story based module, with mostly amusing role play and focus on PC interaction and mystery intrigue - yes, newbie DM signing in; I've played in a few 4e games - mostly interrupted by traffic, work, study and time issues, but however short they were; I've rather enjoyed myself
(waits for horde of angry townsfolk waiting to burn the 4e iconoclast) :smallbiggrin:

Pleased ter make yer acquaintances!

Strawberries
2010-10-08, 12:56 PM
24 years old, Danish, and.. Well, not much :smalltongue:
Carry on

Hey, a fellow European who shares my timezone! Welcome! I'm from Italy myself. Pleased to meet you. :smallsmile:

yes, newbie DM signing in; I've played in a few 4e games - mostly interrupted by traffic, work, study and time issues, but however short they were; I've rather enjoyed myself (waits for horde of angry townsfolk waiting to burn the 4e iconoclast) :smallbiggrin: Pleased ter make yer acquaintances!

Welcome, khylis! I know nothing about 4ed myself, mostly due to the fact that there isn't an SRD avaiable, but we are always in need of DMs (and players!). Come visit the pbp subforum!

Crescent Crux
2010-10-09, 12:55 AM
Hi!

I've been a GitP fan for a long while; though never joined the forums due to other interests at the time. As the story has gone one I have also tuned myself into Erf world, and I'm loving that one too.

I'm a 24 year old Canadian guy; yes I like my drinks.

I'm mostly into DnD 3.5 then anything else. Though I still need lots of practice.

Anyways see you around the boards!

Elfin
2010-10-10, 02:36 AM
Welcome to the Playground; it's really a very welcoming place, and I hope you'll find it to your liking. :smallsmile:

zyborg
2010-10-10, 01:15 PM
Hello. I am new to Dungeons and Dragons, and don't know much about it, but have read all of the online Order Of The Stick comics and enjoyed them. I hope to gain more knowledge of D&D, and make new friends here.

Killer Angel
2010-10-10, 02:48 PM
I hope to gain more knowledge of D&D, and make new friends here.

Then, you're in the right place. Welcome zyborg! :smallsmile:

zyborg
2010-10-10, 03:08 PM
Thanks, Killer Angel.

Holderhek333
2010-10-10, 07:54 PM
Hi. I'm new. Just checking out my avatar, making sure I like it.

Stumblebee
2010-10-11, 01:16 AM
Hi.

I posted in another thread before posting here. Am... am I going to jail?

Skeppio
2010-10-11, 01:26 AM
Nah, you're fine. Half of us missed this thread entirely. :smallbiggrin:

Welcome to GitP!

Nightfire55
2010-10-11, 11:51 AM
Hey! I've at long last signed up, instead of stalking the site. Can't think of anything else to say, so I'm gonna hide now *puts bag over head* :smallsmile:

Lord_Gareth
2010-10-11, 03:05 PM
Hi.

I posted in another thread before posting here. Am... am I going to jail?

Nah, I just need to confiscate your kneecaps. Unless you can win my base class challenge contest. Then you get to keep them. Link in my siggy.

Jessicat
2010-10-12, 12:43 AM
Hello,

I'm a Jessicat, I'm twenty-three-year-old metalhead and I live just outside of Toronto. I finally admitted the awesomeness of OOTs after months of badgering from my roomie and that's why I'm here.

I like gaming. That's an understatement. At one point worked for Hasbro/WoTC as well as a few local hobby stores. So I play almost anything and everything tabletop and a select amount of console RPGS. Currently i'm involved in a Mutants and Masterminds campaign and play Pathfinder off and on. I loooooove boardgames.

I also like to draw.

Pleased to meet you all.

Gullara
2010-10-12, 01:26 AM
Hello,

I'm a Jessicat, I'm twenty-three-year-old metalhead and I live just outside of Toronto. I finally admitted the awesomeness of OOTs after months of badgering from my roomie and that's why I'm here.

I like gaming. That's an understatement. At one point worked for Hasbro/WoTC as well as a few local hobby stores. So I play almost anything and everything tabletop and a select amount of console RPGS. Currently i'm involved in a Mutants and Masterminds campaign and play Pathfinder off and on. I loooooove boardgames.

I also like to draw.

Pleased to meet you all.

Nice to meat you too.

That is a very impressive list of gaming related goodness. You'll fit in just fine:smallbiggrin:

Very nice avi by the way.

Jessicat
2010-10-12, 07:04 AM
Why thank you. :) I made it myself.

Samfool
2010-10-12, 02:57 PM
Hi! I am kind of new to this forum,
but I have been reading exerpts from this site for awhile now ^^

C_Lee_B
2010-10-13, 07:56 PM
Hi, I'm fairly new to this forum, and was wondering how you got a paint avatar on the site.

Strawberries
2010-10-14, 01:16 AM
Hi, I'm fairly new to this forum, and was wondering how you got a paint avatar on the site.

Ask and you shall receive (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159238&page=44) :smalltongue:

Welcome!

Sum Pokemans
2010-10-14, 12:22 PM
Hey, I'm Sum Pokemans, if you play tf2 I guess you know me, same goes for minecraft...maybe (since I only do the stupidest of things in the game [I'm leveling a continent right now]). I don't really know why I joined this forum, since I know everyone I know on steam already, but w/e. It's a pleasure to meet you =D

EDIT: I remember why I joined now. It's my goal to become a ChHa (tf2 server) admin =P

Chaos117
2010-10-14, 05:04 PM
I have been reading OOTS for a long time. I decided to make an account. yay.

Cleverdan22
2010-10-15, 01:11 PM
Hey Playgrounders, I'm back. For what, like the fourth time now?

VioletWolf
2010-10-16, 06:29 PM
Hi there! Um....I have no idea what to write here but...here ya go *>.<

Gullara
2010-10-16, 07:12 PM
Hi there! Um....I have no idea what to write here but...here ya go *>.<

Your first two words were sufficient. :smallwink:

Welcome to the playground. :smallbiggrin:

VioletWolf
2010-10-16, 07:30 PM
Your first two words were sufficient. :smallwink:

Welcome to the playground. :smallbiggrin:

Thank you! ^_^

Bildo69
2010-10-16, 10:12 PM
Hello everyone!!!

"found a link to a smaller pic"

Gullara
2010-10-16, 10:16 PM
Hello everyone!!!

Hey.

By the way, that picture in your sig is way to big. The mods will eventually (instantly) ask you to shrink it.