PDA

View Full Version : Hello and Welcome New Members Thread 8

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7

PopcornMage
2010-10-17, 06:33 AM
Greetings folks! I decided (against my better judgment) to join this forum after reading OoTS since well before the Cliffport saga ended.

I hope I don't regret it...because I know just how addictive such a forum can be.

Moros66
2010-10-17, 08:44 AM
Yo, nice to be here.

Been a follower of the forums for a while, finally got around to joining offically. I look forward to all the distractions this forum can through at me from real life.

Also checking to see if I like the OotS avatar I picked.

See you all around.

Legorst
2010-10-17, 02:34 PM
Hello everyone! I play a level 4 barb irl and nothing else. It is really powerful, right? :smallsmile:

Giant Panda
2010-10-17, 03:02 PM
Holla! Found this after playing the ChHa TF2 forum. I'm looking to start PbP, so this looks like a good place to visit!

Frankelshtein
2010-10-18, 10:54 PM
Hey all.

Been an OOTS fan for a while, but never saw fit to hop on the forums.

At one point, NeoVid (acquaintance in RL), introduced me to ChHa, and by extension, this forum. Lurked for a bit, seemed like a nice enough place, so I went ahead and registered. And that's about it.

So yeah, here I am. On a forum.

:smallsmile:

(Sweet, I'm right below Foogleboggle:smallbiggrin:)

Gullara
2010-10-18, 11:16 PM
So many ungreeted newbies. :smalleek:

Hello Frankelshtein, Floogleboogle, Legorst, Moros66, and PopcornMage. Welcome to the forums. :smallsmile:

My only advice is don't feed the Tribble. You'll know when you see him.

JRKlein
2010-10-19, 12:08 AM
Well, here I am. I'm a new guy. I've been reading OOTS for a while. I've also been playing D&D for a while. I enjoy both 3rd and 4th edition (GASP! HERESY!) and I'm generally just an average sort of guy. So myeh.

Latharus
2010-10-19, 05:15 AM
hey well as you can guess in new here. I've been reading the comic for a short while and I am mostly here for tips on playing and DMing a D&D game :D

The Vorpal Tribble
2010-10-19, 08:36 AM
My only advice is don't feed the Tribble. You'll know when you see him.
*sniff*

What is it... what do I smell...

NEWBIEFLESH

Misaat
2010-10-19, 03:35 PM
Hello emmm well im new in this forum even tough i have been a great fan of this comic strip for the last few years. i like role playing games (I have been playing with a modified d20 version of the D&D 3.5 edition Manual in another forum but it closed down) but i've never really taken part in a real 3.5 D&D campaign and well i was hoping i could start here. So i guess that's all i wanted to say. Thanks

PS: Im not a native english speaker so im sorry if some of the sentences i write are difficult to understand.

Azure Sorcerer
2010-10-21, 12:21 AM
Hey everyone. I've been a fan of the comic for a while now and decided I'd join the forums. I've been playing D&D for a little over a year now(though I liked it long before that), I've been gaming since I was a kid, I also like reading and watching anime and I've been teaching myself guitar. I'm not really sure what if anything else I should post here so I'll just say that if you want to know something feel free to pm me.

Cleverdan22
2010-10-21, 12:47 PM
Hey everyone. I've been a fan of the comic for a while now and decided I'd join the forums. I've been playing D&D for a little over a year now(though I liked it long before that), I've been gaming since I was a kid, I also like reading and watching anime and I've been teaching myself guitar. I'm not really sure what if anything else I should post here so I'll just say that if you want to know something feel free to pm me.

I'm pretty sure all of that will make you fit in very well here. Welcome!

MrHack
2010-10-21, 02:06 PM
Just saying HI! I got introduced to OOTS about a year ago, and thought I 'd go ahead and join the forums.

I'm looking for a good intro to PbP as well (preferably 3.5e), I like good roleplay, and face-smashing.

Napftor
2010-10-21, 04:13 PM
Greetings all! My name is Bret Boyd and some of you might know me from my v3.5 scribblings or through my company, Tricky Owlbear Publishing. I've been gaming for pretty much forever and have enjoyed OOTS since it first appeared in Dragon. To be honest, I was drawn here when a Google alert notified me that something I wrote was being discussed. That doesn't mean I won't lurk around for other gaming camaraderie though. ;)

Skeppio
2010-10-21, 05:10 PM
Greetings, newcomers, and welcome to Giant in the Playground! Enjoy your stay!

Dr. Qwerk
2010-10-21, 05:33 PM
oh hai

I've been DMing 3.0, 3.5 and pathfinder for almost 10 years and read oots from start to end at least once a year ^^

I'm here to make a permanent stay and harvest zillions of ideas for everything ever.

Polnadian
2010-10-21, 06:04 PM
Hai guys. I doubt any of you know me. But for those of you that have been to Chocolate Hammer's or "Drol's and Girlfriend's Super Happy Fun Time" TF2 servers, you may have seen me under the name "Rzeczpospolita Polska."

So yeah, I'm mainly joining because some people said that how come they never saw me on these forums and I'm such a regular to those servers.

P.S. If you can't guess from the name, I am, in fact, a Polack in Canada.

TheMagicalCake
2010-10-21, 07:00 PM
Hello Im TheMagicalCake and im sayin hi
Im a friend of Maxios

Maxios
2010-10-21, 07:03 PM
Welcome! :smallbiggrin:

Haruki-kun
2010-10-21, 11:07 PM
Hello Im TheMagicalCake and im sayin hi
Im a friend of Maxios

Welcome! Hope you have fun!

I should give you a quick warning, though... signature rules (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/announcement.php?a=1) don't allow pictures taller than 120 pixels, so you may want to resize or remove your sig.

Anyway... enjoy your stay! We'll try to make you feel as welcome as we can! :smallbiggrin:

Aniu
2010-10-22, 04:38 AM
Hello everyone!
I am fairly new, both to role-playing and to OOTS, seeing as I was introduced to both this year. I was instantly hooked on both, going on an archive binge as reading the whole OOTS archive in two days... I don't know many other gamers, aside from myself and the three friends I play with, we are currently running four campaigns, with a different DM for each one (D&D 3.5). I've been looking through the forums over the last few months, and am looking forward to joining (and hopefully contributing something to) all the fantastic discussions!

Dr. Qwerk
2010-10-22, 09:14 AM
Oh, and I'm hoping to find some advice on how to establish a larger gaming community in my city ^^

Maxios
2010-10-22, 11:26 AM
Welcome Aniu to the OOTs fourms!
:smallbiggrin:

Pixiedragon
2010-10-22, 02:35 PM
Hello everyone, thought it might be a good idea to introduce myself here too. :)
I'm Pixiedragon, usually abbreviated to Pix instead of Pixie due to me being over 6ft in real life...
I've been reading the OoTS comic for a looong while now and playing D&D for er... damn I feel old. 7 years now. Didn't register on the forums earlier though because I one of my fellow players posts here too (Linda Lupos) and I thought she often posted spoilers of the campaign she DMs. But apparently that wasn't the case and she didn't mind giving me a warning if she did so I could register too. ^^

101jir
2010-10-23, 07:15 PM
This is my first time on the forums, and so far it is all looking very complex and confusing. (and I am not new to forums, I am mostly confused about the spoilers and the like). It would be nice if there were some video tutorial, or if the custom avatar were not so sensitive. I am not even sure if my avatar will show up when I post this, but we will see. Looking forward to possibly using the forums. Once I PC for a while, I think some people may like my D&D DMing style, although so far it includes more than 18 custom rules, although I could introduce them a little at a time. Hope to D&D with some of you.

Neko-chan
2010-10-23, 10:58 PM
Well... I finally did it. I went and made an account on GitP. Yay for Neko! *ahem* I actually got introduced to OotS back when I was with my ex-fiance (about 3 years ago...roughly). Since, I have been (very)slowly reading it I believed #97 was the last one I remember reading.

My reasons for making this account... well, truthfully, I wanted to get to know the people my fiance speaks so often of. You all know him quite well... and oh how I am tempted to make you all guess, I will ease the suffering now.

My fiance is none other than Bor! (Yes, I am *THAT* Neko/Becky. :smalltongue:)

*waves*

This is the kitty, saying hi! Don't mind my craziness.

Cealocanth
2010-10-23, 11:00 PM
Welcome to the playground.

We only own your soul half the time.

Neko-chan
2010-10-23, 11:11 PM
Curious to see which half of the time it gets owned. =)

In retrospect, maybe posting in the "New Members" thread at midnight is not a *great* idea. Seemed like it to my tired mind.

Haruki-kun
2010-10-24, 12:32 AM
Hey! We get to meet Bor's fiancee in the Playground! =D

Welcome, Neko-chan!

Gullara
2010-10-24, 12:58 AM
So your the lucky lady. Nice to meet you. :smallbiggrin:

Killer Angel
2010-10-24, 09:15 AM
@ RPGsr4me
I sense something familiar in your Avatar... Does The Vorpal Tribble had something to do with it? :smallsmile:

Gullara
2010-10-24, 12:40 PM
@ RPGsr4me
I sense something familiar in your Avatar... Does The Vorpal Tribble had something to do with it? :smallsmile:

Yep, I'm dressed as him for Halloween week. :smallbiggrin:

The Vorpal Tribble
2010-10-24, 01:46 PM
Pansy teeth :smallamused:

arguskos
2010-10-24, 02:07 PM
Good to meet you. Be good to him, dear, or you'll have us on ya. :smallwink:

Welcome to the Playground. I think you'll find yourself well at home here.

Gullara
2010-10-24, 02:20 PM
Pansy teeth :smallamused:

I can't help it, I don't spend my time gnawing on the bones of newbies:smalltongue:

Snow Leopard
2010-10-24, 02:39 PM
Hi everyone,

I became aware of this site about a year ago, when I started reading the comic (well, I stopped reading about at #60 strip, but I plan to start again).

I have always been a fan of fantasy and I have a little experience in role-playing (D&D) and I'd like to join your community.

Moreover my fiancee, Strawberries, is already part of the community :smallsmile: and she is fond of it, so I said myself: "Why don't you try? It must be fun!"

To sum up, I'm a newbie I hope you tolerate me and help me play better.

Well, I think that's all.

Bye,

Snow Leopard

Dallas-Dakota
2010-10-24, 03:04 PM
Hey, good to meet the Becky Bor was talking about, welcome!

Strawberries
2010-10-24, 03:59 PM
Moreover my fiancee, Strawberries, is already part of the community :smallsmile: and she is fond of it

Sweeeetie! Hi! :smallbiggrin: Glad you're here!

DocRock
2010-10-24, 05:32 PM
Avast me hearties.

I've been coming here for well over a year now...Finally decided to join to see what all the fuss was about.

Sufficiently pleased so far. Look forward to posting some of my... what you all refer to as: Homebrew

As well as getting into some games.

Aye, Avast!

Skeppio
2010-10-24, 08:46 PM
Welcome one and all! I see we have some interesting new members. Enjoy your sat and have a wonderful time as part of our friendly community! :smallbiggrin:

Recaiden
2010-10-24, 10:56 PM
Well... I finally did it. I went and made an account on GitP. Yay for Neko! *ahem* I actually got introduced to OotS back when I was with my ex-fiance (about 3 years ago...roughly). Since, I have been (very)slowly reading it I believed #97 was the last one I remember reading.

My reasons for making this account... well, truthfully, I wanted to get to know the people my fiance speaks so often of. You all know him quite well... and oh how I am tempted to make you all guess, I will ease the suffering now.

*waves*

This is the kitty, saying hi! Don't mind my craziness.

* waves * Hello and welcome to the playground. I should hope you've never heard of me, but I'm very glad to see you here, and hear of you, and all.

You honestly don't seem that crazy yet. Enjoy the board. :smile:

paulak
2010-10-25, 12:13 AM
{Scrubbed}

Killer Angel
2010-10-25, 02:57 AM

Moreover my fiancee, Strawberries, is already part of the community :smallsmile: and she is fond of it, so I said myself: "Why don't you try? It must be fun!"

Ah, then, you're welcome twice! :smallsmile:

Neko-chan
2010-10-25, 10:58 AM
Ah... I wanted to make a post last night but sleep won out and I passed out before I could.

Just wanted to say thank you for the warm welcome. :smallbiggrin:

Bws2cool
2010-10-25, 02:21 PM
Hey. I am Blake. I read all through the comic and love it. I can't wait for more, and will be checking back regularly to see when a new one is out.

I wish the avatar picking system actually allowed you to see what the person looks like when choosing. I had to keep changing it and checking my profile. :roy:

Flechair
2010-10-25, 04:56 PM
Just wanted to say thank you for the warm welcome. :smallbiggrin:

Hopefully you'll be treated warmly by everyone on the board. :P Welcome btw.

Kahai
2010-10-26, 09:25 AM
Hello everyone, been playing Dungeons and Dragons for about the last four years now and only recently stumbled upon this comic.

Information about myself, I am a small software developer whom focuses on the creation of small video games, specifically puzzle games and stuff although I've only got one project online at the moment.

(For those who are interested, it can be found here. Please be nice, it's one of my first tries! :smallredface: http://ri.danoli3.com/index.php?showtopic=313 )

Anyway, I love OoTS! Read every one up to date and hope to read lots more to come!

ScionOfBlades
2010-10-27, 12:24 AM
*bows* Hello play things. :smallwink:

I am Matt, Scion and also....new.

I look forward to meeting, playing with, DM'ing and chatting with some, all or most of you. :smallcool:

arguskos
2010-10-27, 01:17 AM
We who are the Play-Mind greet you all, new ones. You will learn to speak as we do soon....

Ok, hive-mind moment over. Welcome folks. :smallamused:

Bugbearshuffle
2010-10-27, 02:45 AM
Newbie to the forums here and semi-new(played a few games then took up DMing) D&D player. I hope that you don't mind what seems to be another rampaging insane creature running through your forums.:redcloak:

Skeppio
2010-10-27, 02:47 AM
Pfft, we've got plenty of 'em already. You'll fit right in. :smallwink:

Welcome aboard, Bugbearshuffle!

Dudrick
2010-10-27, 08:45 AM
Hi, I`m new to the foruns =) the avatars are awsome!:smallbiggrin:

octagon
2010-10-27, 02:20 PM
Greetings! I'm (obviously, since I post in this topic to introduce myself - duh) a newbie to the GitP forums.

I discovered OotS because of TVTropes... and it fascinated me so much that I just kept reading and caught up with the storyline in about two months.

I wish the avatar picking system actually allowed you to see what the person looks like when choosing. I had to keep changing it and checking my profile.
I agree...

Also, sorry for joining the forums. I lied to the introduction check question - according to the alignment test I am a Level 1 Neutral Good Elven Wizard/Sorcerer, which means I'm not human... :smallredface:

Haruki-kun
2010-10-27, 08:36 PM
Hi, I`m new to the foruns =) the avatars are awsome!:smallbiggrin:

You can get your own here! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159238) Just ask for it. :smallsmile:

Welcome, guys!

Zmflavius
2010-10-27, 08:38 PM
Hello Playground!

Recaiden
2010-10-27, 08:51 PM
Hello Playground!

Hello! Welcome to the Playground.

Octopus Garden
2010-10-29, 08:06 AM
Hello there my party people.

How are we?

I welcome myself to the boards! Tee hee.

Strawberries
2010-10-29, 11:32 AM
And we welcome you!

RaptorRider
2010-10-29, 07:03 PM
Heyyy all.

How are we this fine and rainy morning? Well...Here in Australia anywho

apocalypsePast2
2010-10-29, 07:08 PM
Hey, I'm Sean, i"ve been playing D&D for just over 6 years and reading this webcomic for, like, eight months, and its just so good I had to make an account.
I'm an experienced DM and player and I love almost all roleplaying games, from Call of Cthulu to Shadowrun to Paranoia, just not FATAL, never, never FATAL.
I also read the webcomic Penny Arcade which is awesome:smallbiggrin:.

Rowsen
2010-10-30, 06:29 AM
Hey there! I hope you enjoy the forums!
I noticed your signature there Sean, so I'll direct you to Inkscape (http://inkscape.org/download/?lang=en), a freeware drawing program that most avatarists use. Also a great guide on making OOTS style avatars, here (http://www.trazoi.net/tutorials/inkscape/oots/female.html).
And lastly, the Avatar Request thread is here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173776). There's plenty of avatarists who frequent it, so you'll have no trouble finding someone who will be happy to make you a new avatar. Best of luck!

Loki_42
2010-10-30, 09:05 AM
Uhh... Hey, I've actually been on here for a few months, but I just noticed this thread, soooo... here I am. I discovered the comic over the summer because of my friend, who is also on this board as Extravagent Evil and also probably hasn't noticed this thread yet. I am looking forward to putting my own comic on the internet sometime this year.

Clarkie
2010-10-30, 12:58 PM
Hello to the playground. I'll stop lurking creepily by the gate now and actually start posting in the forums - have read the comic for about three years now and it's even encouraged me to make a couple of tentative steps to D&D (I understand slightly more of the jokes now!).

Looking forward to talking with everyone.

theweathergirl
2010-10-30, 01:09 PM
Hello! The Weather Girl is in the house playground! I stumbled across this site while reading TVTropes, and spent a few days where I didn't have much to do getting caught up on all of the comics. I own a Wii and an Xbox, but prefer the PC as my main source of gaming. (Yes, I am a gamer girl. =3) I'm into a lot of things, but I'd rather not rattle off a list for you, so I'll just say you get to know me as you get to know me. I hope you all enjoy my presence here, and I'm looking forward to seeing you guys around!

wxdruid
2010-10-30, 01:11 PM
Hello theweathergirl, I'm happy to see another user with a weather (wx) related user name! :smalltongue:

theweathergirl
2010-10-30, 01:26 PM
Hello theweathergirl, I'm happy to see another user with a weather (wx) related user name! :smalltongue:

Nice! Happy to see you, too. n_n

Gullara
2010-10-30, 01:53 PM
Hello to the playground. I'll stop lurking creepily by the gate now and actually start posting in the forums - have read the comic for about three years now and it's even encouraged me to make a couple of tentative steps to D&D (I understand slightly more of the jokes now!).

Looking forward to talking with everyone.

Welcome. It's always good to stop lurking creepily:smalltongue:

Hello! The Weather Girl is in the house playground! I stumbled across this site while reading TVTropes, and spent a few days where I didn't have much to do getting caught up on all of the comics. I own a Wii and an Xbox, but prefer the PC as my main source of gaming. (Yes, I am a gamer girl. =3) I'm into a lot of things, but I'd rather not rattle off a list for you, so I'll just say you get to know me as you get to know me. I hope you all enjoy my presence here, and I'm looking forward to seeing you guys around!

Woo, PC gamers secret handshake... We have one of those right?:smallconfused:

~I Am Tiburios~
2010-10-30, 03:07 PM
Hullo-hullo, fello gamers and readers of OotS, I'm 'Tiburios' and I'm a second generation D&D'r, and huge fan of this webcomic. Been lurking and reading for the past half year, and after 3406973405983409 attempts at getting the dang verification code to actually respect the random series of letters it asked for, I am here and now a part of things.
Happy Halloween!

cycoris
2010-10-30, 03:59 PM
Hello, Tiburios!

>.>
<.<
>.>
*gives welcome kit and hides the poisoned cookies*

theweathergirl
2010-10-30, 04:02 PM
Woo, PC gamers secret handshake... We have one of those right?:smallconfused:

I don't know about a secret handshake, but how about a hug instead? *hugz*

@Tiburios- I had trouble with that, too! Happy Halloween to you as well.

Gullara
2010-10-30, 04:04 PM
I don't know about a secret handshake, but how about a hug instead? *hugz*

@Tiburios- I had trouble with that, too! Happy Halloween to you as well.

*shrugs* Hugs work too *hugs*

Way to much rhyming.

freefallin1309
2010-10-31, 05:09 PM
Hello GitP! I'm new here, but have been playing RPG's (mostly D&D) for 27 years now. I've been on the site reading the OotS off and on for a few years but never went to the forums and thought I'd finally change that... so here I am :)

cycoris
2010-10-31, 07:01 PM
Hi, freefallin1309! Hope you have fun here, and try not to get eaten by the vicious kuppies.

ace_cipher_zero
2010-11-01, 09:43 PM
Heyo,

I'm new here, I've looked over OOTS and been a long time fan but recently my play-by-post drought has finally driven me to here (even if I have to sift through piles of game threads for something that isn't 3.5e, its better than nothing). I've been RP'ing for a while now (7, 8y years), and played quite a variety of games (D&D 2e, 3.5, 4e, Pathfinder, D20M, that Star Wars D20 one, also did some DH), and DM'ed quite a few in my day. So, hi :)

Lyco
2010-11-01, 11:50 PM
Heya. Fairly long time on and off lurker, finally decided to go ahead and post on occasion.

Silus
2010-11-02, 12:27 PM
*Wanders in* Figured I'd come in and say hi if I haven't already.

I'm Silus, I play 3.5 D&D, and I'm nuttier than a squirrel.

My hobbies include unintentional powergaming, drawing, and plotting ways to overthrow my DM in his DM vs PC game.

Also, where does one get those spiffy custom OotS avatars? Never mind, found it =P

The Vorpal Tribble
2010-11-02, 02:03 PM
Hey hey newcomers. If looking for things to do, yhe start of November is also the start of several new forum competitions.

For you homebrewers we have...
51st Monster Competition - Considered To Be Unnatural (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174214)
- Aberrations, unnatural horrors and Lovecraftian madness

23rd edition of the PrC Competition: Hybrid Theory (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173986)
- This month you are to pick a feature from two base classes and synergize them into a new and interesting prestige class.

Then for you artists:
Iron Avatarist: PC PC's (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174211)
- Each month we use the style of the Stick in an art competition. This month's theme is Computer Games.

Echoes
2010-11-02, 05:12 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm an OotS fan, and I've been lurking around these forums for awhile reading quite a few of the D&D competitions and nuance rule discussions. It seems like a really great community here, so I decided I'd take the plunge and join in. I've been looking to try my hand at PbP games, as well, so if I'm lucky perhaps I'll find one to settle into over there.

Echoes

UN Spacy
2010-11-02, 08:03 PM
Why hello everyone! Two year lurker has finally decided to surface from his Crypt of the Mad Frenchman. I'm interesting in the role-playing games here, though I have absolutely no idea how it works.

Strawberries
2010-11-03, 01:40 AM
Hi everyone,
I've been looking to try my hand at PbP games, as well, so if I'm lucky perhaps I'll find one to settle into over there.

. I'm interesting in the role-playing games here, though I have absolutely no idea how it works.

Hello and welcome, fellow Play by posters! Glad to have you.
The subform you are looking for is here:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51

Any question, feel free to PM me.

madock345
2010-11-03, 05:29 AM
Hello! I have been forum lurking for two years, until comic 755 got me to comment!

I own a used bookstore in the north US but am stuck in the south at the moment (misses books and store)

I play 3.5 edition and am a lvl 13 True neutral grey elf Mystic Theurge (wizard 3/cleric 3/Mystic Theurge 7

I like Taco Bell.

and ramen.

Haruki-kun
2010-11-03, 10:48 AM
I like Taco Bell.

and ramen.

Hooray for Ramen! No likey Taco Bell. >.o

Welcome to the Playground.

Doggie_arf
2010-11-03, 12:08 PM
Hello, everyone. Was a slacker student, now a stressed student.

Used to visit these forums years ago. But then I left high school, and the easy life ended.

Right now, I'm busy at university, juggling project deadlines with what passes for leisure for me these days.

Don't expect me to post too often right now, although I might join a game or two once I manage to plow through this series of fun assignments from my loving professors.

And it's back to work for me.

BlueWizard
2010-11-03, 08:08 PM
For one and all my friend.

Must be positive about the future.

Cealocanth
2010-11-03, 09:15 PM
Hello, everyone. Was a slacker student, now a stressed student.

Used to visit these forums years ago. But then I left high school, and the easy life ended.

Right now, I'm busy at university, juggling project deadlines with what passes for leisure for me these days.

Don't expect me to post too often right now, although I might join a game or two once I manage to plow through this series of fun assignments from my loving professors.

And it's back to work for me.

Welcome, friend.

Hope you have fun while you're here.

Fooxie
2010-11-03, 10:47 PM
My name is Kitsune. I belong to Lycan 01.*

I don't say much, because people on other sites find me annoying.
I also bite. Just a little.

*Clarify: His girlfriend.

Skeppio
2010-11-03, 10:50 PM
Ah yes, Lycan 01. I know who you're talking about.

Welcom Fooxie, to Giant in the Playground. I'm sure we won't find you that annoying. Have a good time as a part of our community! :smallbiggrin:

Forb
2010-11-03, 11:23 PM
Meow!

This is my first-ever post on these forums.

I have been a mild reader for a very long time now and decided it was time to make an account and participate!

A little about myself: 19 year old dude, currently living in Las Vegas. I've been playing roleplaying games for at least 5 years, not as much as I'd like to.

I meet up with a group at the local comic shop on Sundays.
Just started another one that meets Tuesdays over IRC.
And I've had a group long in the making that should start very soon, I will be DMing for my younger brother and some of his friends.

Looking forward to becoming a part of the community.

Gullara
2010-11-04, 12:15 AM
Did... did you just meow? :smallconfused:

No matter, welcome to the playground.

Recaiden
2010-11-04, 10:21 AM
Welcome, everyone.

Nachtritter
2010-11-04, 03:33 PM
Hello, folks. Long-time reader of OoTS, long-time lurker, first-time poster. You guys seem to be a pretty interesting bunch. Any local rules not posted on the stickies I need to know about?

Gullara
2010-11-04, 09:09 PM
Hello, folks. Long-time reader of OoTS, long-time lurker, first-time poster. You guys seem to be a pretty interesting bunch. Any local rules not posted on the stickies I need to know about?

Nope. Follow the forum rules and you'll be fine.

Welcome:smallbiggrin:

Bugbags
2010-11-04, 09:23 PM
Hey there, i'm new here. I've been interested in D&D for a while and haven't actually found people in Rl who have even heard of it, so online for me. Only I don't even know how to start trying it online either. Any tips or advice?

Cealocanth
2010-11-04, 10:47 PM
Sure. Read the Forum Rules, and try to follow them.

Unlike many places on the internet, we are a mostly spam and troll free community.

That's with an exception to people like Zeb, who are trolls not of the internet-based type.

And welcome.

Haruki-kun
2010-11-04, 11:00 PM
Any tips or advice?

As he said, read the forum rules. Be friendly, don't take anything to seriously. Try out the Random Banter thread. Currently this one. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173056)

It's a good place to get to know people and just hang out.

Strawberries
2010-11-04, 11:24 PM
Hey there, i'm new here. I've been interested in D&D for a while and haven't actually found people in Rl who have even heard of it, so online for me. Only I don't even know how to start trying it online either. Any tips or advice?

Right here, in this very forum, in the play by post section (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51). Browse the thread, find something that's recruiting (aimed at newbies) or ask for a game yourelf, and jump right in.

You can find most of D&D rules (3.5 edition) avaiable legally and for free Here (http://www.d20srd.org/index.htm). And you'll need a place to store your character sheet online. Here's a good one (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetindex.php).

D&D is based on dice rolling. This forum has a built-in dice roller. Here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100917) it explains how to use it.

And of course, you can always PM me if you have any trouble.

WELCOME TO THE FORUM!

Skyleon
2010-11-05, 06:51 PM
Hello people, i'm new to this...:smallsigh:

Mr. Moon
2010-11-05, 06:53 PM
Yes you are. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156384)

Emperor Ing
2010-11-05, 06:53 PM
O hai. Welcome to GitP and stuff. Standard procedure for new members is to post here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156384&page=20) Mod's prolly gonna lock this thread fairly soon

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2010-11-05, 08:41 PM
Oooor, they'll move it here. Which is, I must say, cleaner.
So, welcome and stuff! Hope your stay is long and fruitful. Or short and vegetableful. Or something of that sort.

salt3d
2010-11-08, 09:23 AM
Hello.

I have never played D&D. Ever.

My first time will be as a DM for a bunch of people who have almost no experience between them. :smallconfused:

Hello again, in case you missed it the first time.

Madeen
2010-11-08, 12:31 PM
Hello, I'm Madeen, long time listener, first time caller. I've been playing DnD since 2nd edition (my first character was a tinker gnome :smallsmile:). I've moved up as far as 3.5 (tried 4th.. decided to leave WoW to my computer, but that's just my opinion), and have recently discovered Pathfinder, and am quite impressed and keen on running it. Currently I have plans of converting "Expedition to Castle Ravenloft" to Pathfinder and doing that after Christmas.

boskdeox
2010-11-08, 03:08 PM
Hello everyone.
I am a long time follower of OOTS and have long used the forums here for game ideas and finally got around to joining the community. I am a player (not a DM or moderator) in an online DND/Pathfinder play by post community that has been around since 1985 and is currently looking for new members. I figured I would introduce myself and make sure I didn't overlook any rules before posting a message in the Currently Recruiting II forum.

Skeppio
2010-11-08, 05:38 PM
Hello, new members. I hope you all enjoy your time here! So welcome!

Cealocanth
2010-11-08, 11:27 PM
Welcome, Madeen and boskdeox.

Rob Roy
2010-11-09, 12:45 AM
I think this is the place to say hello, so hello. I've been lurking here since the end of the Battle of Azure City, and I finally decided to make an account. Again Salutations to all, and I'm to get one of those fancy OOTS avatars.

turkishproverb
2010-11-09, 01:58 AM
Hi Rob_Roy. Welcome.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-11-09, 09:34 AM
Hello the new peoples! And the not-so-new peoples!

Cyclonus
2010-11-09, 10:32 PM
Hello.

I've been hanging out around GitP for ages. Suddenly wanted to start a game, only to realize I never made an account.:smallmad:

So now I'm here. And again, hello.

Skeppio
2010-11-09, 10:33 PM
Hello, and welcome cdrch!

apocalypsePast2
2010-11-11, 04:02 PM
Hello, I'm new here and I have one main question, what is the title, such as bugbear in the playground or titan in the playground based on? Does it go off posts, time, words, what?

BRC
2010-11-11, 04:06 PM
Hello, I'm new here and I have one main question, what is the title, such as bugbear in the playground or titan in the playground based on? Does it go off posts, time, words, what?
Hi Apocolypse Past. The Titles are based off post Count, but beyond that we're not supposed to talk about them. They mean exactly as much as the word istacolorquintal, which is to say nothing at all.

cycoris
2010-11-11, 04:06 PM

Welcome! Allow me to direct you here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45659). :smallsmile:

LightsOnNo1Home
2010-11-11, 04:09 PM
Probably should have posted in here before now....

Hi everyone. I've lurked on here since Roy died, and I've finally decided to join up because there seems to be a great community on here that I would quite like to be a part of.

Blue Ghost
2010-11-11, 04:32 PM
Probably should have posted in here before now....

Hi everyone. I've lurked on here since Roy died, and I've finally decided to join up because there seems to be a great community on here that I would quite like to be a part of.

Welcome! Always great to see new faces. :smallsmile:
I could have sworn I've seen your name before though... :smallconfused:

LightsOnNo1Home
2010-11-11, 04:35 PM
Welcome! Always great to see new faces. :smallsmile:
I could have sworn I've seen your name before though... :smallconfused:

That's what I meant by "should have posted in here before"

I've kind of wandered in and started talking without introducing myself. :smallredface:

Killer Angel
2010-11-11, 05:20 PM
I've kind of wandered in and started talking without introducing myself. :smallredface:

Don't worry. This thread isn't mandatory... :smalltongue:

AnnaHarrison
2010-11-12, 02:55 AM
Hi,
guyzz im a new player and i am very confident about my game wanna play?

Skeppio
2010-11-12, 05:20 AM
Welcome AnnaHarrison! Perhaps you should look at the recruitment threads to find a game that interests you. I'm sure they'll like a fellow with your confidence and enthusiasm. :smallbiggrin:

I_Am_Muffin
2010-11-12, 01:13 PM
Hello! Fellow OOTS/DnD lovers of the known interwebs! I joined a couple days ago and have spent my time reading others webcomics, reading through stuff and trying to find the newest version of this forum, which, kinda shows how lazy i am, forgetting to look in the friendly banter thread first :smalltongue: any way, i love dnd and oots, and everyone because i like to be nice, except to my neighborhood friends when they are conviently: "at the dentist" or "sick" on saturday DnD nights, anyway as i was saying im a nice person, i cant wait to start posting and yea, woohoo for me! I'm partially posting this to see if my avatar is actually too bug, because it took me forever to make it small and get it on photo bucket, no so long to draw it though, this kinda leads me to another one of my flaws, i can talk on and on and even end up typing for so long that by the time i'm finished, i'll have been accidently signed out, or accidently close the window somehow, another one of my flaws: i'm real clumsy, oh, so uh to finish off: I love DnD, love rogues, and halflings! Yay I'm done!

Cleverdan22
2010-11-12, 02:39 PM
I love DnD, love rogues, and halflings! Yay I'm done!

So, you typically play a warforged sorcerer, I'm guessing. :smalltongue:

Welcome to the Playground, assorted noobies!

Bothi
2010-11-12, 04:27 PM
Woo! Finaly got a new computer so this is my first time back on in... forever. Just thought I'd say hey

Solipsism
2010-11-14, 12:01 AM
As a fore-note, I'm a long-time lurker here finally deciding to jump in and post. Due to college eating my D&D group, I decided I need to find some sort of replacement for my DM abilities or they would wither away and die. Not wanting to poach players from the games I'm in here on campus, I figured I might as well test the waters here, one of my favorite sites. So, as I start any new endeavor, "Hello GitP World!"

Haruki-kun
2010-11-15, 01:21 AM
As a fore-note, I'm a long-time lurker here finally deciding to jump in and post. Due to college eating my D&D group, I decided I need to find some sort of replacement for my DM abilities or they would wither away and die. Not wanting to poach players from the games I'm in here on campus, I figured I might as well test the waters here, one of my favorite sites. So, as I start any new endeavor, "Hello GitP World!"

We're glad you decided to jump in! Welcome!

SJSComicPromo
2010-11-15, 09:22 AM
Hi Everyone!

I'm Sue and I promote comics for a living! I've joined this forum to learn more about the webcomics world and to hopefully start some great cross-promotions initiatives for everyone.

If you're interested, I'd love to hear some of your ideas too!

I look forward to meeting you all!

Sue

Mick_the_Rogue
2010-11-15, 10:51 AM

Indeed, welcome to the non-lurkers!

I've come back after a long time away from the boards to continue posting...so yay?

TinselCat
2010-11-15, 04:51 PM
Hello, all. Here I go making a journey out of lurking and onto the forums. I've followed OOTS for quite some time now, and have some experience playing D&D. Nice to meet you.

Cealocanth
2010-11-15, 11:47 PM
Welcome to the playground. Wipe your feet or face the consequences!

Brillhart716
2010-11-17, 02:03 AM
I was told to post my hello here so... Hello! :smallsmile:

Killer Angel
2010-11-17, 04:47 AM
Hello to you, Brillhart! Welcome aboard, for any doubt regardin rules or places to post things, ask freely. :smallsmile:

Erwtas
2010-11-17, 02:17 PM
So, Hi. I googled stuff for D&D and it always brought me to these forums, so I figured i should join and be a part of this whole buisness
So there.

aabicus
2010-11-17, 08:25 PM
Hello!

I've played D&D with my friends, but never online before. I'm hesitant whether to try it, because I don't know how good of a job I would do; I usually need to ask my friends for help regarding which of the dozens of numbers on my character sheet I'm using at any given point, or how to calculate something, or what modifiers I need to look at, etc. I think I'd be a bother to any experienced players online.

I do read Order of the Stick though, and enjoy it. My avatar is of my D&D character, Bogard, who I drew using Inkscape and a tutorial written by David Shaw. He's a human barbarian, not very special, but he's my first (and currently only) character I've ever played as.

turtlecash
2010-11-18, 12:20 AM
Um, hi GitP people, I'm turtlecash.

I'm 18, male, Canadian, and a university student. I've been reading Order of the Stick for almost a year now and finally caught up to the most recent strip today. (Yay!)

I also just found a way to get into roleplaying recently, although I've been looking for awhile. My best friend plays D&D and lost her group since they all graduated and went to different universities recently, so she asked me to be the first member of the new group that she plans to put together here at our school. I jumped at the opportunity, so now she's helping me learn. :smallbiggrin:

I'm generally a very quiet person, and in real life I'm terrified of meeting new people to the point that I sometimes do things like lock myself in my room or pretend I'm not around in order to to avoid others (I'm still a bit quiet on the internet, but at least I'm not quite as scared of people judging me here). Because I'm like that, I'm glad I finally got a way to try D&D, it sounded really fun.

Nice to meet you all.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-11-18, 05:04 PM
Hello to turtlecash, Bogard, and Erwtas!

Welcome, and mind you don't poke Vorpal Tribble too much. He gets gassy.

Silviya
2010-11-18, 05:49 PM
Hello!

I've been reading OOTS and lurking in the forums for over a year now, and I've finally decided to sign up and start posting.

Jumilk
2010-11-18, 09:20 PM
Hello! (^_^)/
I come here to make trophies for the Iron Chef XIV tread and I'm reading the comics. Man, it's pretty cool!

The Vorpal Tribble
2010-11-19, 10:31 PM
Welcome, and mind you don't poke Vorpal Tribble too much. He gets gassy.
Can I help it playgrounders tend to be starchy?

RaggedAngel
2010-11-20, 03:11 PM
Hi! I've been lurking for a while, and finally decided to give in an make an account. I'm interested in OotS and PBP games. I'm not sure what else to say, except that I like the fact that everyone's happy on this thread.

Gullara
2010-11-20, 09:43 PM
Hi! I've been lurking for a while, and finally decided to give in an make an account. I'm interested in OotS and PBP games. I'm not sure what else to say, except that I like the fact that everyone's happy on this thread.

Welcome.

The appearance of happiness might have something to do with the mind co- There is no mind control citizen, go back to your fun.

Undead_Kai
2010-11-20, 10:06 PM
Hello one and all! I am about to become a Dm in my d&d group...i've only been playing for about a year...( It will be a year in January) I'm glad my boyfriend showed me this site, it will help me loads! :)

Saint Nil
2010-11-20, 10:07 PM
Welcome!
*hands a cookie*

Standard currency here.

Dada
2010-11-20, 10:08 PM
Welcome aboard! Congratulations on taking on the daunting task of wearing the GM mantle. Feel free to ask any questions, we'll be glad to help.

Undead_Kai
2010-11-20, 10:38 PM
Welcome aboard! Congratulations on taking on the daunting task of wearing the GM mantle. Feel free to ask any questions, we'll be glad to help. Thank you very much, I tried co-Dming, but...it was too stressful for both of us to try to call the shots. -lol-

Welcome!
*hands a cookie*

Standard currency here.

Thank you. I love cookies. :3

The Vorpal Tribble
2010-11-21, 04:23 PM
Interesting how time flies. I see folks 'welcome newbies' and think to myself, 'Aren't you a new... wait, was that over a year ago? Geeze.'

Eiremauve
2010-11-21, 10:43 PM
Hi, everyone! I started reading OotS early in the Don't Split the Party era, just decided to join. Never played a tabletop RPG yet, but I plan to, and have played video game RPGs; they're my favorite genre!

Doc Kraken
2010-11-21, 11:15 PM
Evening, everyone.

Long-time lurker and reader since...I dunno, guess somewhere around the end of the Battle for Azure City. Wow, that takes me back. Anyway, I've been hiding in the back reading entertaining threads for a while now, so might as well join in the fun. :smalltongue:

Seems the thing to do in here is to share your gaming experience as well, so here goes - I've tried to run various 3.5 games, but they tend to fizzle, so I've got the group in a fairly nifty Deadlands campaign that's turning out nicely so far. Hmmm...what else...

Err...great to be here!

Skeppio
2010-11-21, 11:16 PM
Welcome Eiremauve and Doc Kraken! Hope you enjoy your time here! :smallbiggrin:

Power2the1
2010-11-22, 10:34 AM
Greetings, and well met, everyone!

My name is Michael, 31, and I am a big Forgotten Realms fan. I would like to eventually try and start up 3.5 FR game, chat based probably as its easiest (or maptools/gametable if I can get the hang of those *sigh*) and have some fun getting into some role playing in the realms. A 1st level campaign set in Unther, or one in the Moonshaes, is what I am geared towards DMing. However, finding local players for a pen 'n' paper game has, so far at least, been difficult. The online community may be the best way to go :smallsmile:.

I have dabbled in D&D since the early 90's, and have been interested ever since. I've DM'ed occasionaly, but most often been a player.

wraith808
2010-11-22, 11:06 AM
Greetings all,

My name isn't really wraith808, but it will do for now. I've been playing RPGs for several years, and following OOTS for a few. Currently I'm playing 4e and Amber (or an Amber derivative). I must say that you have a very stringent membership requirement- the infuriating verification image that randomly decides when you guess the right letters is a nice touch, especially when you have to type several fields over each time you're wrong. :smallannoyed:

But... umm... glad to be here! :smallsmile:

DZ-Battra
2010-11-22, 08:47 PM
Hello to GitP Forums.

After about three months of lurking, I decided to motivate myself enough to actually become a member here. I hope I can make the most out of the time I spend here.

As for the comic, my favorite characters would have to be Redcloak and Malack. And the Death Knight.

Rob Roy
2010-11-23, 12:29 AM
Welcome Power2the1, wraith808, and DZ-Battra.

The Vorpal Tribble
2010-11-23, 04:44 PM
I must say that you have a very stringent membership requirement- the infuriating verification image that randomly decides when you guess the right letters is a nice touch, especially when you have to type several fields over each time you're wrong. :smallannoyed:

But... umm... glad to be here! :smallsmile:
We only used to get a spammer maybe once or twice a year, if that, and don't think any since they added the 'name that OotS character' part, so annoying or not, it works.

Trolls, malcontents and fake suicides still make their way in from time to time, but I try to keep a low profile.

Timeless Error
2010-11-23, 06:12 PM
Hi everyone!

My name is Timeless Error. I play and love D&D 3.5 (class balance issues aside), I'm a zealous fan of the Order of the Stick (even though I've only been reading it for a few days and I've only reached number 585), and my user name came into being when I was playing a Githzerai Ranger named "Timeless Arrow" and the party Wizard "accidentally" misspoke. :smallannoyed:

I've been quietly browsing this site for a month or two, especially the homebrew section, and I finally decided to sign up.

T.E.

Rob Roy
2010-11-23, 06:19 PM
Welcome Timeless Error, I hope you enjoy it here.

Belazure
2010-11-23, 06:53 PM
Hi everyone!

I'm not a true rpg player, but quite fond of whatever treats about fantasy worlds, and good comics. I've been following the adventures of the OotS for about a year with always a big smile at each new release. I've found the will to register in due to last developpments in the story. Not sure I will post many things, but I'm sure I won't quit before I see the end of it :smallwink:

Perenelle
2010-11-23, 09:07 PM
Welcome to the Playground, Belazure. :smallsmile: Hope you enjoy your time here as much as I have.

Super Evil User
2010-11-24, 06:14 AM
Hi, I'm Super Evil User. I come from TvTropes.org, where I'm known as Pies.

The "annoying" note in my profile? I'm not kidding.

Rob Roy
2010-11-24, 11:18 AM
Welcome Super Evil User.

Dreadn4ught
2010-11-26, 01:25 PM
Hey people! I just joined the forums! Can you guys tell me some stuff about stuff?:smallsmile:

Warrior/Mage
2010-11-26, 02:59 PM
Hey, I'm Warrior/Mage.
I don't really play D&D, but Imma big fan of Rich's work, and the fact that it encourages me to try and 'get' some of the jokes, with the help of the Wikipedia, based on D&D is a commendation indeed.
I like RPGs, but dabble in just about any kinda game. Except shooters, as I forget how to duck, and Racers.

I don't use the brake :smallamused:

Rob Roy
2010-11-26, 04:03 PM
Welcome Warrior/Mage and Dreadn4ught.

22Charisma
2010-11-26, 07:11 PM
Hello, been reading OotS for way too long and just joined. I have to say, I find D&D fasinating but I just can't find anyone to play with. :smalltongue:

Rob Roy
2010-11-26, 07:28 PM
Hello 22charisma, may I direct you here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)

22Charisma
2010-11-26, 07:38 PM
Hello 22charisma, may I direct you here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)

Thanks a ton! As soon as I get settled in and figure out how often I'll come to the forum I'll make sure to sign up. :smallbiggrin:

Zeteni
2010-11-26, 11:26 PM
Howdy folks! First time poster, long time reader of OotS. In fact, I think my initial archive trawl came to its conclusion with Roy taking his first peak back on earth after his hilarious demise.

I'm one of those rare fans of both 3.x and 4th, or is it really that rare? I come in the hopes of joyous banter, the sharing of a funny gaming tale or two (Hmm, would that be best shared here or in the 'roleplaying' forums...), and maybe find a PBP game. Aside from D&D experience, I LARP: play and narrate old and new White Wolf Vampire, STed an oWOD Werewolf LARP for a year and a half, and play and staff in Alliance (formerly NERO).

I get the feeling the integration into this community is long overdue for me. Especially when I happened upon the Dominic Deegan strip slaying game threads which I oh so miss. I was there at the beginning of them at the keenspot forums... Woah, now that is an aged memory.

Anywise... hiya! :smallbiggrin:

Strawberries
2010-11-27, 01:06 PM
Hiya Zeteni. I hope you'll enjoy it here.

Welcome!

Gairuki
2010-11-27, 07:28 PM
Hey folks, I'm a first time poster here, but I've been a HUGE fan of OotS for a long time now, I have four of the books and am hopefully getting the two I lack for the holidays this year : D

I'm a 3.5 player as well as lets see, Star Wars Saga Edition, Vampire the Masquerade and have mucked with Dark Heresy and Rogue Trader, just got Deathwatch and am looking through that now. I've looked in on other systems and such never had much chance to play'em though. I'm a HUGE 40k fan though so yeah those are like my favorites xD

Haruki-kun
2010-11-27, 07:30 PM
Hey folks, I'm a first time poster here, but I've been a HUGE fan of OotS for a long time now, I have four of the books and am hopefully getting the two I lack for the holidays this year : D

I'm a 3.5 player as well as lets see, Star Wars Saga Edition, Vampire the Masquerade and have mucked with Dark Heresy and Rogue Trader, just got Deathwatch and am looking through that now. I've looked in on other systems and such never had much chance to play'em though. I'm a HUGE 40k fan though so yeah those are like my favorites xD

You'll fit right in. Welcome home.

ixenablaze
2010-11-28, 10:35 AM
:D

Hi guys! OotS reader here that just found these pbp forums. Huge fan of pbp, so I'm anxious to see what's happening on these threads that I can be involved in. Player of 3.5 for about 3 years or so, still in an ongoing campaign.

Nice to meet you all!

PS: I love dragons.

Iyellalot
2010-11-28, 05:27 PM
Hey, I'm new here on the forums. I've been reading OotS for a while now, but I've never thought to post on the forums before now.

Rob Roy
2010-11-28, 05:30 PM
Hello ixenablaze and Iyellalot, welcome to the forums.

Youkai
2010-11-29, 05:41 PM
hi, this is my first time encountering a d and d online

I've played once..yesturay actually. It has now grown on me to learn the ways of a roleplay like this SO HERE I AM xD

Kallisti
2010-11-29, 10:09 PM
Greetings, new members! Welcome to the playground! http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac294/caffeineincluded/Other/FlintSmiley.png~Guaranteed 100% mind-control free!~

Rob Roy
2010-11-29, 10:12 PM
Welcome Youkai.

Greetings, new members! Welcome to the playground! http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac294/caffeineincluded/Other/FlintSmiley.png~Guaranteed 100% mind-control free!~
We have mind control? Of course not citizen, go back to your fun.

Demon 997
2010-11-29, 10:57 PM
I created an account a while ago but never posted. I've been lurking for ages though. I think I started reading OOTS during the inn scene. The minecraft server inspired me to start posting.

Gullara
2010-11-29, 11:08 PM
I created an account a while ago but never posted. I've been lurking for ages though. I think I started reading OOTS during the inn scene. The minecraft server inspired me to start posting.

Shame on you for not posting earlier Demon::smalltongue:

Demon 997
2010-11-30, 12:42 AM
I know I know. I'm never going to get a good post a day ratio like this! Is it just me or is the playground a pretty static community? Not many people joining (or joining and sticking around/staying active), not many people leaving?

Rob Roy
2010-11-30, 12:47 AM
I know I know. I'm never going to get a good post a day ratio like this! Is it just me or is the playground a pretty static community? Not many people joining (or joining and sticking around/staying active), not many people leaving?
We seem to steadily grow, most likely due to the fact that we tend to act more family-like than the run of the mill fora.

Gullara
2010-11-30, 01:18 AM

I think we steadily grow. You,re right that it's not a huge growth, but as you said the upside is that those that do stick around well, stick around. Although that's just my observations of Friendly Banter, which is apparently hard to break into. Who knew?

TakeABow
2010-12-01, 12:04 AM
Hello everyone!

This post is also a test so I can figure out all these wonderful forum options.

Rob Roy
2010-12-01, 12:09 AM
Hello and welcome, TakeABow, I hope you enjoy this small corner of the internet. I would recommend Going here, (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173776) or here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26936&highlight=adoption) Seeing as you've changed your avatar 3 times in the past half hour.

The Vorpal Tribble
2010-12-01, 12:13 AM
Although that's just my observations of Friendly Banter, which is apparently hard to break into. Who knew?
...why?

I just recall getting on, reading an interesting thread, found a guy who sounded dumb and began arguing with him.

Only been uphill from there :smallbiggrin:

The forum wipe in 2007 killed all my threads for the first 3 years though so I got no idea which my first threads were about. Don't recall it being difficult. It's not like we're a forum of super-models who the guys are trying to hook up with or something.

...or are we? dun Dun DUN!

Seramus
2010-12-01, 02:18 AM
Hello, there.

Gullara
2010-12-01, 02:38 AM
...why?

I just recall getting on, reading an interesting thread, found a guy who sounded dumb and began arguing with him.

The forum wipe in 2007 killed all my threads for the first 3 years though so I got no idea which my first threads were about. Don't recall it being difficult. It's not like we're a forum of super-models who the guys are trying to hook up with or something.

I agree with you, really. When I first joined I just started posting in whatever thread interested me. I've just heard people say in the past that it's hard to get into.

Or maybe it was random banter? I don't know. The point is it's not really that hard.

Oh, hi new members.

Demon 997
2010-12-01, 02:56 AM
...why?

Pretty sure you guys are.

Hello new people. The initiation is short and semi-painless.

Gullara
2010-12-01, 03:05 AM
Pretty sure you guys are.

Hello new people. The initiation is short and semi-painless.

Well I have been told I could be a model *strikes pose* :smallamused:

*punches self* <--

Lesson for the newbies, beware the white text. See above

Skeppio
2010-12-01, 03:34 AM
Hello, there.

Welcome!

Gotta warn you though, animated avatars and animated images in your sig are generally prohibited. Just a friendly heads-up. :smallsmile:

fimzo
2010-12-01, 05:59 PM
Hi, I'm fimzo. I just recently found OotS (around comic 757), and read through the comic archive. After finishing the archive, I investigated the rest of the site, and discovered that he has a forum. I looked over the rules, etc., and decided to join. I play D&D sometimes (both as player and DM), but not regularly, so I am well acquainted with the rules of v. 3.5 & 4 but I haven't had a lot of experience playing. I understand there's some sort of play-by-post roleplaying here? I also play some wargames, both with miniatures and board games (Risk, Axis & Allies, etc.)

Rob Roy
2010-12-01, 06:52 PM
Hi, I'm fimzo. I just recently found OotS (around comic 757), and read through the comic archive. After finishing the archive, I investigated the rest of the site, and discovered that he has a forum. I looked over the rules, etc., and decided to join. I play D&D sometimes (both as player and DM), but not regularly, so I am well acquainted with the rules of v. 3.5 & 4 but I haven't had a lot of experience playing. I understand there's some sort of play-by-post roleplaying here? I also play some wargames, both with miniatures and board games (Risk, Axis & Allies, etc.)
Hi fizmo. You'll fit right in.

Inara Harame
2010-12-01, 08:03 PM
Hello all, I'm new and plan on stealing my friend's sourcebooks as soon as possible. *plots evilly*

Rob Roy
2010-12-01, 08:07 PM
Hello all, I'm new and plan on stealing my friend's sourcebooks as soon as possible. *plots evilly*
Hello Inara, theft's not very nice, you know.
EDIT: Typo

Inara Harame
2010-12-01, 08:09 PM
She'd get them back!

Gullara
2010-12-01, 08:32 PM
She'd get them back!

Then you're not a very good thief:smalltongue:

Welcome:smallbiggrin:

MoriHikari
2010-12-01, 11:30 PM
Hello everyone...I'm not really new but I have returned from lurking in the shadows! Welcome to all the new members I haven't met yet!

Rob Roy
2010-12-02, 12:52 AM
Welcome back MoriHikari.

MrTytronico
2010-12-02, 12:40 PM
Hi! I suck at introductions! I hope to glean some knowledge of the those around here with some DM knowledge so I can lead my friends through some bloody conflict! I also hope I can contribute as much as I gain!

Rob Roy
2010-12-02, 06:59 PM
Hi! I suck at introductions! I hope to glean some knowledge of the those around here with some DM knowledge so I can lead my friends through some bloody conflict! I also hope I can contribute as much as I gain!
Hello, and you may want to look here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96495)

bubbambjr
2010-12-02, 08:26 PM
Hello,I'm bubbambjr or bubba (it's spelled without capitalization)

2010-12-02, 10:21 PM
Hello, don't expect many replies from me, I like to lurk.

This is a great community though, glad to be part of it :smallbiggrin:

Darkhub
2010-12-03, 01:59 AM
Greetings and salutations everyone! I am Darkhub, as it says very close to the post. I have recently joined the roleplaying community in general, and hope to have a enjoyable time amongst you all.

Demon 997
2010-12-03, 02:01 AM
Welcome slightly newer members. It really is a great place.

Breca
2010-12-03, 03:20 AM
Hello, I'm not too forum savvy so any help from the senior members would be appreciated. Already I have spent hours on this website intrigued with what it has to offer. I have a deep passion for the world of D&D. It is getting harder and harder to find people to group together and game. I would love to get started in some PBP but I can honestly say the process is foreign to me and ask for a little bit of guidance from the senior members. Please feel free to PM me with some FAQ info and what not, in the mean time ill be browsing around to try to figure some stuff out for myself.

Zenogod
2010-12-03, 12:45 PM
'Allo. Zeno here. Been reading OotS for a while, and finally got on the forums while I found myself utterly lacking in things to do. Wouldn't expect many posts, unless it's asking a question about something or adding in the occasional cynical remark. But anyway. Greetings.

The Vorpal Tribble
2010-12-03, 02:33 PM
Look, it's the public service Tribble!

Hi new kids, how you doing!

Hi, VT!

Looking for something to do on Christmas break?

Do you like homebrew?

- Then check out the official Giant In the Playground Monster Competition (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9872118#post9872118), now in its 52nd month!

- Or it's sister contest, the GITP Prestige Class Contest (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167302). It's recently ended, but a new one will be back on the 10th. Until then why not cast a vote (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177893)?

Perhaps you just like to twist the rules to your purpose?
Then the Iron Chef Optimization Challenge (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178202) thread is for you.

But then you may be here for the comic. Enjoy stick-figures and cartoons and figured sticks do you? Come take a look at the Iron Avatarist art competition (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9870538#post9870538).

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have public announcer to wash out of my mouth... :smallsigh:

Savannah
2010-12-03, 02:37 PM
Hello, welcome, etc, etc!

Breca, I just PMed you.

Jukebox Hero
2010-12-05, 10:37 AM
Hello and welcome everyone, it's a pleasure to see that so many people still share an interest in tabletop gaming.

Dr. Love
2010-12-05, 04:05 PM
Hello ya, I eat babies :smallredface:

Rob Roy
2010-12-05, 04:35 PM
Hello Dr. Love, if you'll be eating babies, I suggest kittens as an alternative. They taste better and they're born evil. It's a win-win scenario.

Arstense
2010-12-05, 05:33 PM
Hi, I'm real glad to join this community!

I've been roleplaying off and on for a few years, I can't wait to start a game up.

harrypotterfan4
2010-12-05, 05:59 PM
Hi, everyone! I'm so excited to be part of the forums here. I just caught up with OotS today! =D

Dada
2010-12-05, 06:02 PM
Welcome Arstense and Harrypotterfan4. This is a great place to discuss both gaming and the comic, and I'm glad you've decided to join the community,

MetDitto
2010-12-06, 04:45 AM
Hey, just registered after a few years of lurking. Discovered the IRC a couple weeks ago, and they made me join for realz >.<
So yeah... maybe I'll do a CYOA thing later. Right.

Strawberries
2010-12-06, 03:23 PM
A few years???? And here I thought my three weeks were bad... :smalltongue:

Welcome MetDitto, we're happy you finally decided to join us! :smallbiggrin:

byaku rai
2010-12-06, 07:05 PM
Hello, I am byaku rai, just stopping by to put up my first post. I'm a major bleach fan and I've read about a million D&D books, plus I'm a Taekwondo black belt irl. It's nice to meet everyone. *bow*

Rob Roy
2010-12-06, 07:16 PM
Welcome byaku rai.

kaomera
2010-12-06, 11:28 PM
Hello, is this thing on?

Rob Roy
2010-12-06, 11:30 PM
Hello, and yes the Hello thread still is "going on". It's still stickied after all. :smalltongue:

kaomera
2010-12-06, 11:40 PM
Don't mind me. I just came fro the gnolls.

Rob Roy
2010-12-06, 11:51 PM
Don't mind me. I just came fro the gnolls.

Look in homebrew, I hear there everywhere over there.

Demon 997
2010-12-07, 12:04 AM
Are gnolls a variant on trolls? Also welcome new people.

Recaiden
2010-12-07, 01:11 AM
Are gnolls a variant on trolls? Also welcome new people.

No. Something far, far better than trolls.

Blue Ghost
2010-12-07, 01:12 AM

Yes. They eat people, but are much more stylish about it than trolls are.

Rob Roy
2010-12-07, 01:13 AM
Hyena People are better than trolls:smallconfused:, I'll need proof of that. Also Hello to anyone I haven't said Hello to.

Chilingsworth
2010-12-07, 10:14 AM
Greetings!

Call me Chilingsworth,

I've been playing D&D since sometime in 2003. I've made plenaty of mistakes, and hope to compare them with others to see if I win and "D&D Darwin" Awards!

Mr. Filcher
2010-12-08, 09:31 AM
Hello all! I've been lurking for some time, and finally signed up. Nice to meet everyone.

Strawberries
2010-12-08, 10:42 AM
Hello Chilingsworth and Mr. Filcher, nice to meet you both. I hope you have a wonderful time here!

Nevaera
2010-12-08, 05:45 PM
Greetings, fellow lurkers and posters. ;P

I've heard a lot about these forums and a bit about play-by-posts, so I was thinking about checking things out until I'm ready to commit.

I've played D&D 3.5 for about seven years. I've tried Second Edition as well. I've mostly played in Eberron, but I've dabbled with other D20 systems and settings as well. I've tried D20 Modern (Shadowchasers was a particularily good experience for me), GURPS (after I got a feel for how those awefully particular characters were built), and Palladium (gave Macross a try). I've enjoyed it all very much.

Sometimes it's tough to get a group together. People's lives don't always have a convenient window of time where all participants can gather. That's why I think the play-by-post concept is wicked-awesome-cool.

I look forward to the opportunities and community offered through these forums.

See you all around. ^_^

~ Nevaera

Rob Roy
2010-12-08, 07:00 PM
Hello Neveara.

ShadowySilence
2010-12-08, 11:50 PM
Hello everyone! I am brand new to this site (although definitely not brand new to Gaming). I started reading OOTS about a month and a half ago (I am at about issue 400 right now) and that is what got me interested in this forum. I love to try new ways of playing and look forward to getting to know you all!

-Shadowysilence :smallbiggrin:

shawnhcorey
2010-12-09, 11:44 AM
Hi,

I been playing RPGs since the first box set (the blue) of D&D. These days, I play GURPS but am willing to experiment.

I also read far too many webcomics.

(shameless plug) My avatar was hand drawn using Inkscape (http://inkscape.org/), a free, vector drawing app.

Gullara
2010-12-09, 12:14 PM
Hey all you newbies.

Also my avatar, along with those in the link in my sig, as well as many other peoples were drawn with Inkscape. :smallsmile:

Vaelana
2010-12-09, 12:16 PM
Hi all :smallbiggrin:
I'm new to this site, and indeed (non-computer) roleplaying games in general, I started playing about 3 months ago (D&D 3.5).
A fellow player introduced me to Order of the Stick, and from there I found these forums. Everybody here seems cool and fun, so it'd be nice to get to know you guys and girls. :smallsmile:
I also read way too many webcomics, and play too many video games thats good for me.
So seeya all around :smallbiggrin:

Captain Kidd
2010-12-09, 01:47 PM
Hey all.

So uh ... *twists toe in dirt*

A coworker introduced me to OOTS and after plowing my way through them, I finally ended up joining the forums. :smallsmile:

I started with AD&D 2e when it first came out, played for about 4-5 years and then the group graduated and everybody went their own ways. I spent the following years pining for it whenever I passed by the bookshelf I kept my Preciouses on.

About 3 years ago my wife and a roommate, having put up with my tales of exploits, finally decided they wanted to play. (After overcoming the whole religious brainwashing my wife had about D&D when she was a kid.) What started out as three people immediately bloomed into me as DM and 8 players meeting almost every weekend. That Christmas the experienced players in the group, who had cut their teeth on 3.5e strong-armed me into updating by buying me the core books. Now I'm returning the favor by buying everybody Pathfinder books.

Scorponok
2010-12-10, 12:01 AM
Hi Giants. (Is that what you call yourselves?)

I am new to this forum, and I came here when I was looking for a homebrew [3.5] CR3 Golem for my campaign. Registered under Scorponok at EN World, but this community seems more active.

Anyways, I hope to bother you with my many questions in the next little while. :smallbiggrin:

A bit about myself:

Well, I am new to D&D, only beginning it this past June. Wanted to join and try it out, but the group I wanted to join got way too big, so the girl in charge told me I had to DM or I couldn't play. I was like "well, I've never even played D&D, how am I suppose to DM? In which she replied, just come up with a story, and we'll show you the rest.

So I did, and am having a blast! We are running a 3.5 campaign, and it feels like DMing is something that was my calling. The players appreciate it and tell me they are having fun, and that is the only thing that matters.

I occasionally screw things up, but they are usually corrected in-game without a problem. (Didn't realize how bad poison was. :smallsigh: )

Anyways, hope to interact with you all in the coming months, maybe years! :)

Regards,
$corp~

P.S. I am also on other forums. The two I post at the most frequently are Wordforge.net and Calgarypuck.com, although I have a number of posts on EN World, and NeoGAF, all under the same username.

Haruki-kun
2010-12-10, 12:11 AM
Hi Giants. (Is that what you call yourselves?)

Heh. Usually, we call ourselves Playgrounders. The Giant is the owner of the site.

Welcome, everyone! Allow me to provide the first useful link to you:

Here be avatars. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173776)

Benson
2010-12-11, 01:15 PM
Salutations. I am Benson, another pixie in the playground. It has been a pleasure being part of this community (three whole days I might add!).

Any whom, I' consider myself an easy going person who enjoys the finer things in life, like playing D&D and getting my nerd on. I enjoy long walks along the chuul infested marshes and casting magic missle at the darkness.

Cheers.

Strawberries
2010-12-11, 01:20 PM
Hey, Benson, welcome! If you enjoy gaming, come play with us in the play by post subforum! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51) :smallbiggrin:

Have a great stay.

Gambit508
2010-12-11, 06:37 PM
Greeting and salutations, I've been reading OOTS for awhile now and I just now realized there is a forum. Guess that will teach me to pay more attention. I am a big fan of role-playing games and fantasy.

MoonCat
2010-12-11, 09:36 PM
Hi! I'm MoonCat, a longtime reader who just realized there were forums. I joined yesterday. I'll probably be in the OoTS forum mostly.:roach: <scuttling offline>

Lynn
2010-12-12, 09:35 AM
Hi everyone ,
I've been around for a couple of months and I just had the idee of a topic I feel like discussing with you, so here I am.
by the I'm french so I'likely to make a few mistakes :smallredface:
I'm looking forward to discussing with you

Kobold-Bard
2010-12-12, 10:21 AM
Well hello there all new Playgrounders.

If any of you are from Britland keep your eyes peeled for the next meetup thread, we still don't have enough nerds collected :smalltongue:

The Vorpal Tribble
2010-12-12, 12:14 PM
Come on in, take off your skin, and rattle around in your bones!
Come on in, take off your skin, and rattle around in your bones!

Jutland
2010-12-12, 07:22 PM
Hello,

Fully new to the Board. Just have signed on to do those play by post games. I am sure I will discuss other stuff however.

thanks,

Jutland.

Cloud
2010-12-12, 09:12 PM
Hello everyone!

Figured I would finally pop in and say hi instead of just lurking, so, umm, hi from Australia!

Skeppio
2010-12-12, 09:15 PM
Hello to our newest members. Welcome to Giant in the Playground. Hope you all enjoy your time here! :smallbiggrin:

Rob Roy
2010-12-12, 09:17 PM
Hello Cloud, I believe there's an Australasia in the playground thread in friendly banter.

Sneak
2010-12-12, 10:40 PM
Greetings, [NAME]. I would like to welcome you to [FORUM]. I hope you enjoy your stay, [VERB] many [NOUN PLURAL], and have a [ADJECTIVE] [MEASUREMENT OF TIME].

Thank you.

The Vorpal Tribble
2010-12-13, 12:07 AM
Greetings, [NAME]. I would like to welcome you to [FORUM]. I hope you enjoy your stay, [VERB] many [NOUN PLURAL], and have a [ADJECTIVE] [MEASUREMENT OF TIME].

Thank you.
So personable, so feeling.

*sniff*

Cloud
2010-12-13, 10:11 AM
Thank you everyone for the greeting! Now time to go posting I guess...

Sneak
2010-12-13, 05:31 PM
So personable, so feeling.

*sniff*

I try.

Seriously though, welcome to all you new guys. Have fun!