Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

peregrin8r
2010-12-13, 07:34 PM
Hello all

long time fan of oots, player of rpgs, and lurker of forums
deciding to change that last one and start to post

Killer Angel
2010-12-14, 06:24 AM
Welcome in the playground, peregrin! It's always better to enjoy the forum, rather then lurking. :smallsmile:

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-14, 09:27 AM
Hello all

long time fan of oots, player of rpgs, and lurker of forums
deciding to change that last one and start to post

Hey! New person! Yay!

Welcome, welcome, to the land of...um...something...

Demon 997
2010-12-14, 06:52 PM
Welcome in the playground, peregrin! It's always better to enjoy the forum, rather then lurking. :smallsmile:

I quite agree, having just gone from lurker to active. It does however eat your free time. I'm checking back here constantly to see if anyone posted.

ShadowySilence
2010-12-14, 07:20 PM
You now have the playgrounder virus, since your part of the collective now your main directive is to spread the virus to as many people as possible! :tongue:

Rob Roy
2010-12-14, 07:23 PM
You now have the playgrounder virus, since your part of the collective now your main directive is to spread the virus to as many people as possible! :tongue:
Are you talking about There's no mind control citizen.
Hello peregrin8r!

screekabal
2010-12-15, 01:27 AM
Slight face palm, a message asking me to post a hello on New Members Thread 6 came up as a reminder ...only 6 is closed

gandalf1974
2010-12-15, 03:16 PM
Hey all. Longtime reader, finally decided to sign up in the forums. Like screekabal I too was directed to the 6th incarnation of the welcome thread in the welcoming message.

Hello gandalf1974,
Welcome to Giant in the Playground Forums. Please be sure to read and abide by the forum rules and to confine all "hello" posts to the new members say hello here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49101) thread.

BaristaEnnui
2010-12-15, 09:01 PM
Hi, I'm new, and was lured here by promises of beer and other frivolities. Not really. I'll probably lurk a bit more before I jump into posting.

Gullara
2010-12-15, 09:37 PM
Hi, I'm new, and was lured here by promises of beer and other frivolities. Not really. I'll probably lurk a bit more before I jump into posting.

Feel free to just jump in, the shark troll friendly people pool is nice and warm.

Dsurion
2010-12-16, 07:29 AM
I've lurked here for a much longer time than I've been posting, and yet I just realized that I've been posting since September but never posted an introduction here :smallredface:

Burnheart
2010-12-16, 06:51 PM
Hi, i have been lurking around here for a few weeks and signed up to get some advice for me first DnD character, though i would pop in and say hello.

LazyLosLobos
2010-12-16, 09:01 PM
Hi. I'm just a guy. Joined here 'cause...I dunno. I've been reading for a while.

Velaryon
2010-12-16, 09:58 PM
Hello! I'm a long-time reader of OotS (not sure how long exactly, but long), and sometime forum-lurker.

I hesitated to sign up because I already spend too much time on forums (official Castle Age forum, Gamefaqs, several ProBoards forums, and formerly WotC among others), but this seems like a good place and I'm already reading topics here and there anyway.

I'm not an addict if I don't go to meetings, right? :smallwink:

Gullara
2010-12-16, 11:18 PM
Welcome Dsurion, Burnheart, LazyLosLobos, Velaryon, and anybody else that may or may not have been greeted yet. :smallbiggrin:

The Vorpal Tribble
2010-12-17, 01:06 AM
I hesitated to sign up because I already spend too much time on forums... formerly WotC
Heh. 'Formerly' seems to be the most prevalent condition. Used to find me there. These are far more active by several orders of magnitude.

SickleYield
2010-12-17, 11:32 PM
Hello, all!

I've been reading OOTS for a long time, never played D&D other than a recent and continuing foray into DDO. A friend introduced me to roleplaying by chat on that game, then ditched on me and left me with an unscratchable itch. I'd like to get into a play-by-post IC roleplay or something like it, if I can find one that will take a complete newbie.

Rob Roy
2010-12-17, 11:42 PM
Hello SickleYield.
While Play by Posts are more common here, this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180116) chat game may be to your liking. If your willing to learn a bit of 2e, you can go over here for pbp (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9981682#post9981682)

SickleYield
2010-12-18, 01:06 AM
Hm. I'm afraid I don't understand half of what's being said (how do you roll "for" a character type while still rolling dice randomly?) and it looks like both roleplays have strict rules likely to be unforgiving of the inexperienced (no resurrection, for example). I suppose I'd better not sign up for anything until I find some sort of orientation. Any suggestions as to how I could better inform myself?

Savannah
2010-12-18, 01:15 AM
SickleYield, I'd suggest hanging around the play by post area and reading several recruitment and IC threads for an idea of how pbp games work. Do you have any D&D books? If you don't and you're interested in D&D 3.5, you should check out the SRD (http://www.d20srd.org/), which has most of the Player's Handbook, Dungeon Master's Guide, and Monster Manual. I'm also happy to answer questions via PM. If you're interested in D&D 4e, I'm not familiar with it, so unfortunately I don't have any good advice.

SickleYield
2010-12-18, 01:37 AM
I don't have any books. I'm looking over that site at the moment (Rob_Roy also suggested it via PM). I'm perusing threads as well, but it seems pretty evident it'll be some time before I'm far enough up the learning curve to consider joining one. Thanks very much for the help and advice.

poisonoustea
2010-12-18, 09:54 AM
Checking in after quite a long while (one year?). Hi everyone!

Sneak
2010-12-18, 11:13 AM
Welcome, everyone! And welcome back, poisonoustea! I don't think I really know you, but I definitely remember your avatar. Good to have you back, anyway.

Aldhissla
2010-12-18, 09:08 PM
I've been reading for months and I finally decided to join up, hoping to maybe find a group to game with accepting of someone familiar with tabletop RPGs but currently TORQUED with new-forum-anxiety. Anyway, thank you guys for existing, and I'll be... What's it called? "Lurking"? Until something presents itself.

ShadowySilence
2010-12-18, 11:20 PM
I've been reading for months and I finally decided to join up, hoping to maybe find a group to game with accepting of someone familiar with tabletop RPGs but currently TORQUED with new-forum-anxiety. Anyway, thank you guys for existing, and I'll be... What's it called? "Lurking"? Until something presents itself.

Welcome, and indeed that is the correct term! :smallbiggrin: Don't worry about being new to the playground, here we force you to undergo a horrible occult ritual treat new users like old pals! Just take a look at Finding Players (Recruitment) (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51) and I am sure you will find an adventure to join.

Strawberries
2010-12-19, 04:24 AM
Checking in after quite a long while (one year?). Hi everyone!

Hey, poisonoustea! Bentornato! (Welcome back!) Hope everything is all right.

I've been reading for months and I finally decided to join up, hoping to maybe find a group to game with accepting of someone familiar with tabletop RPGs but currently TORQUED with new-forum-anxiety.

Welcome, and no need to be anxious. We don't bite. At least, most of us don't. :smalltongue:

Gullara
2010-12-19, 04:44 AM
Welcome, and no need to be anxious. We don't bite. At least, most of us don't. :smalltongue:

Speak for yourself. By which I mean that Vorpal Tribble bites, yes he does and I don't.

>.>
<.<

AFallenSeraphim
2010-12-20, 12:20 AM
Hi, I'm new.

I read the comic, and I'm here to fulfill my D&D cravings.

*wavewave*

Recaiden
2010-12-20, 12:22 AM
Hi, I'm new.

I read the comic, and I'm here to fulfill my D&D cravings.

*wavewave*

Welcome. I hope you enjoy it here.

Savil
2010-12-20, 08:07 AM
Hello!

Here in Ukraine we also read and enjoy OotS! :smallwink:

Gullara
2010-12-20, 01:33 PM
Welcome.

And I think that applies to everybody everywhere.

Kelvara
2010-12-20, 08:30 PM
Hiya all!

I've been reading these forums for like 2 years, and the comic for longer. It takes me a very long time to stop lurking, and I might just disappear after this, but I thought I'd at least say hi.

JET73L
2010-12-20, 10:18 PM
I hope that all my posts will be productive for a newcomer.
I am a fan of Order of the Stick as well as D&D,
so I expect that membership will be enjoyable for me.

byers2142
2010-12-21, 10:31 AM
Hey, y'all. Long-time reader of the forums, but finally got around to actually, you know, registering so I could post. Looking forward to talking with everyone in the threads!

mwchase
2010-12-21, 05:50 PM
Hi, um... just getting this here out of the way, after saying some very silly things elsewhere on the boards. And back I go, whoosh-whoosh-whoosh!

ungolhir
2010-12-21, 09:20 PM
Hello all. After reading the comics for a few months, I figured I should join in on the forum.

Cheers.:smallwink:

Skeppio
2010-12-21, 09:21 PM
Welcome to our newest members! Hope you have a great time here! :smallbiggrin:

Rob Roy
2010-12-21, 09:24 PM
Hello new members, you'll be glad to know we don't have an hazing rituals. Welcome to the Playground. :smallsmile:

ShadowySilence
2010-12-21, 09:26 PM
Hello new members, you'll be glad to know we don't have an hazing rituals. Welcome to the Playground. :smallsmile:

Now we just have the occasional sacrifice or two, don't worry if you don't bug us you generally don't get marked down. :wink:

Rob Roy
2010-12-21, 09:30 PM
Now we just have the occasional sacrifice or two, don't worry if you don't bug us you generally don't get marked down. :wink:
Now, now. We're not supposed to talk about the blood rituals. Most likely because of the massive sociological damage done to onlookers. Last time we ran out of brain bleach.:smalltongue:

ShadowySilence
2010-12-21, 09:33 PM
Now, now. We're not supposed to talk about the blood rituals. Most likely because of the massive sociological damage done to onlookers. Last time we ran out of brain bleach.:smalltongue:

Eh, I'm not too worried about sociological damage. They all become our mindless slaves friends in the end anyway. :wink:

Pregnant_Pickle
2010-12-21, 09:41 PM
Hi. I'm Pregnant_Pickle. I like to read OotS, I play the guitar extremely badly, I sit on the computer a lot.

And that's my life, really.

Doccit
2010-12-21, 10:48 PM
Hi! I'm Doccit. I draw in flash, and DJ.

Mylee
2010-12-21, 11:09 PM
Hi, i'm Mylee. I'm new and don't really have the hang of this yet. Ive been playing D&D for 5 years now and i love it.
If anyone has tips let me know.

Savannah
2010-12-21, 11:13 PM
Hello to all new people! Hope you like it here, it's a nice forum. :smallsmile:

What sort of tips were you looking for, Mylee?

KingOfLaughter
2010-12-21, 11:17 PM
HI NEW PEOPLE!! That is all...

Blue Bandit
2010-12-21, 11:45 PM
Howdy all! Avid gamer and OOTS fan from down here in Texas!!

Woot!! 1st post :smallbiggrin:

Mylee
2010-12-22, 12:01 AM
How to navigate the site and stuff.

Oh yeah, and im from Portland Oregon!

Savannah
2010-12-22, 12:10 AM
How to navigate the site and stuff.

Oh yeah, and im from Portland Oregon!

Hmm...I've found the site to be fairly straightforward, the little descriptions of each subforum under the title on the main page are quite useful. Since you said you like D&D, you probably want to check out the Roleplaying Games (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30) subforum (don't let the theoretical optimizers scare you off, there's a lot of really useful stuff there). If you're interested in joining a play-by-post game, check out some of the recruitment threads here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51). And if you're interested in homebrewing, the Homebrew Design (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15) subforum is really cool!

I'm not from Portland, but I'm near it :smalltongue:

Mylee
2010-12-22, 12:14 AM
No way, where are you from?

Savannah
2010-12-22, 12:23 AM
I'm living in the Portland metro area, although I'd rather not name the town. As for where I'm from....let's just say I've lived in states bordering both the Atlantic and Pacific oceans :smalltongue:

Mylee
2010-12-22, 12:36 AM
Sweet. I just started Order of the Stick. i'm on #13.

KingOfLaughter
2010-12-22, 12:38 AM
Sweet. I just started Order of the Stick. i'm on #13.

I joined because of the comics too. Started reading them in august

Mylee
2010-12-22, 12:40 AM
My friends have been reading them for a few years and I just now got into it. Im a slow reader but in sure that i will read all of them.
how often do they come out with new ones?

Skeppio
2010-12-22, 12:43 AM
how often do they come out with new ones?

There's no set schedule at the moment, since Rich Burlew has an illness that sometimes slows down production. Usually anywhere from a day or two, to a couple of weeks. Also, as a heads-up, it's generally frowned upon to ask when the next comic will be up. It'll be up when it's up. :smallbiggrin:

Mylee
2010-12-22, 12:46 AM
Oh ok, what other things should i not do/say?

Rob Roy
2010-12-22, 12:49 AM
You should capitalize your "I"s, it is a proper noun after all Just be a nice person and your set. That and read the forum rules.

Skeppio
2010-12-22, 12:50 AM

This should cover everything. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/announcement.php?f=29&a=1) It's pretty much the same as any other forum, really. Except we've got the friendliest community. :smallbiggrin:

Hope you enjoy your time here!

Mylee
2010-12-22, 12:51 AM
Where can I find the forum rules?

Skeppio
2010-12-22, 12:53 AM

I've left a link in my previous post. It should cover everything you need to know. :smallsmile:

Strawberries
2010-12-22, 12:55 AM

I've left a link in my previous post. It should cover everything you need to know. :smallsmile:

Also, at the very top of each page. :smalltongue: Welcome Mylee and all new people!

Mylee
2010-12-22, 01:05 AM
Thank you!!! I love the way that the rules are written. They are very clever. How can i get from the main page to the threads that I have posted in?
Sorry if i'm asking too many questions just tell me if you want me to stop.

Savannah
2010-12-22, 01:08 AM
I'm not sure if this is what you are talking about, but if you click on "User CP" on the left on the brown bar near the top of the page, it will take you to where you can change your preferences and so on. Somewhere in there* there's an option to subscribe to threads when you post in them. If you do that, you can see all the threads you've posted when you click User CP from then on.

*Edit: it's Default Subscription Mode under Edit Options.

Mylee
2010-12-22, 01:16 AM
Great, thank you. That will save me a lot of time. :smallbiggrin:

balderduck
2010-12-22, 03:42 PM
Hi!
I've been following this comic for quite a while now and I love it!

Looking to make some good friends here at the playground

And feel free to harvest my liver, I've got a second one back home

The Vorpal Tribble
2010-12-22, 04:55 PM
Merry Ramahanukwanzmas, newfolk! (Friggin political correctness...)

Anyone wanting to get in on some holiday fun going on in the forums see the following:

Christmas and Holiday Avatars (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178623)
Christmas Specials Discussion thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180202)

Contests
Good Will Towards Men - PrC Contest (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179661)
Nightmare Before Christmas - Monster Competition (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9872118#post9872118)
Iron Avatarist: Goodness Sake - OotS-style Art Challenge (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177947)

And feel free to harvest my liver, I've got a second one back home
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif
*chews in contentment*

Edit: Better check the signature rules. That fella up there is waaay too wide. 470 pixels tops.

Rob Roy
2010-12-22, 05:01 PM
Hello balderduck! Just go to the dark room over there so we can harvest your liver. :smalltongue:

Christmas and Holiday Avatars (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9872118#post9872118)

It's The Vorpal Tribble! And he posted a link to the wrong thread!

The Vorpal Tribble
2010-12-22, 06:26 PM
It's The Vorpal Tribble! And he posted a link to the wrong thread!
*fixes link and takes your liver as well*

Mylee
2010-12-22, 07:03 PM
I have been looking for a new liver. It might come in handy. :wink:

JeffDeaf
2010-12-23, 06:20 AM
Evening, lads! The name's Jeff, a gentle giant from the north. It'll be fun exploring this forum and the RPG's around here.

PS. I can't make any promises about your organs.:smallwink:

balderduck
2010-12-23, 01:53 PM
Well I hope you enjoyed my liver, cause I certainly didn't enjoy the ride back home to replace it...

Nosferocktu
2010-12-23, 06:39 PM
New guy here. Been a while since I have been on any type of forums at all. Been stuck over here at Guantanamo. Im military, so I will try to post up as much I can, time granted. I am looking forward to the friendliness. It has not been well for the last couple of forums I was on. :smallfrown:

Savannah
2010-12-23, 07:05 PM
Hello, everyone! It's very friendly here, Nosferocktu, so hopefully that will work out better than your last forums :smallsmile:

Nosferocktu
2010-12-23, 11:08 PM
I can already tell. I possibly had some of the best back and forth banter about getting together a Ranger or Druid with a ferret pet. It was nice. I don't get much chances to play tabletop anymore. I wish I could tho. Me being over here in cuba really sux.

Savannah
2010-12-23, 11:13 PM
I take it that you've seen the play-by-post subforum, then? If not, you should check it out.

Rob Roy
2010-12-24, 12:19 AM
Welcome Nosferocktu, we should prove a better experience than your previous forums.

Jack DeCoeur
2010-12-24, 09:11 PM
Hello!
I believe proper forum etiquette dictates that, as a new member, I post a short message here.

Let's see. I have been a long time lurker (mostly in the Role-playing forum) and have finally decided to dive in and become part of this awesome community.

I've been reading OotS and Erfworld for some years now, am have to admit, of the half dozen or so web-comics I read I look forward to their updates the most.

Oh, and you can call me Jack. :smallsmile:

millywizzy
2010-12-26, 02:14 AM
:( can someone help the newbie? i LOVE oots and have been reading LOVING it for the past year. how do i navigate aroudn this site?

*haley fan*

Strawberries
2010-12-26, 02:27 AM
Welcome, Jack DeCoeur and millywizzy.

Millywizzy, navigating around is easy. The side bar on the left of the screen grants you easy access to the comic and the forum ("forum" tag). Once you click on the "forum" tag, you'll see the super structure of forums and subforums.

The main forums are "Discussion" (for general discussion and banter); "Gaming" (for roleplaying games) "Comics" (for discussion of OOTS and other comics); "Play by post" (for games, both structured and not). Just click on the forum that interests you, and start posting! :smalltongue:

Also, do you want an OOTS style avatar? (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173776)
Or maybe you're interested in joining a play by post game? (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)

If you just want to chat, "Friendly Banter" is the subforum for you.
Oh, and the forum rules are at the top of each page.

Any question you have, feel free to PM me. :smallsmile:
I hope you enjoy your stay!

Savannah
2010-12-26, 02:29 AM
I'd be happy to help, although I'm not entirely sure what you need, so let me know if this doesn't answer your question :smallsmile:

From the main forums page, you can see all the subforums and little descriptions of each. When I first joined, I just read a bunch of threads in each area, so I could figure out what sorts of things people talked about there. On the brown menu bar at the top of each page, there's several useful links. The only one I use a lot is the "user cp" link, which lets me see if any of the threads I've subscribed to have new posts and change my settings if I want to. Slightly above the menu bar, there's always a link to the forum rules, which is important to know about :smallwink: And if you want to PM anyone, you can click on their name next to their post and get a drop-down menu that lets you PM them, see their profile, and so on. That's pretty much all I use in getting around the site, although I'm sure there's more :smalltongue: Again, let me know if this doesn't answer your question or you have a more specific question.

Edit: And Strawberries is faster than I am :smalltongue:

Strawberries
2010-12-26, 02:47 AM
Edit: And Strawberries is faster than I am :smalltongue:

Yup, but we posted different kinds of information, so it's alright. :smallbiggrin:

Also, we forgot to say that to subscribe to a thread you're interested in, you have the "Thread tools" tag in the brown bar at the top right of the thread.

If you click on it, there is the "subscribe to this thread" option. That way you can see the threads that you're interested in and that have been updated in the "user cp" window, as Savannah was saying. :smallsmile:

VoodewNinja
2010-12-27, 03:15 AM
Hey there. I just made a username tonight since I'm looking to join some D&D 3.5 games whether in person or just pbp. :)

I just found GitP about two weeks ago and have read OotS from #1 to the most recent as of a few nights ago and decided it was time to start posting.

Sooo. Sup. I'm Alex. :)

Q: Is there anywhere that I can find a list of pictures to go with the list of potential OotS avatars so I don't have to pick one and then post? :P Thanks!

Savannah
2010-12-27, 03:21 AM
Hi, VoodewNinja! More D&D players is always good :smallsmile:

There's not exactly a way to see all the avatars, but this workaround was posted just recently:

Take this url and replace <name> with the name of the avatar, and it will take you to the image of that avatar.

http://www.giantitp.com/avatars/<name>.gif

Gullara
2010-12-27, 12:35 PM
Alternatively you might want to request your own custom avatar here.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173776

MoteOfDust
2010-12-28, 02:37 AM
Greetings and what not.

Savannah
2010-12-28, 02:38 AM
Welcome and whatnot :smalltongue:

MoteOfDust
2010-12-28, 03:17 AM
Sorry spent the last hour pulling my hair out deciding what I want my avatar to be, then changing it. Plus doing this at work slows me down and makes my speach weird >.>

Rob Roy
2010-12-28, 03:18 AM
Sorry spent the last hour pulling my hair out deciding what I want my avatar to be, then changing it. Plus doing this at work slows me down and makes my speach weird >.>
No reason to apologize. Have fun posting!

Savannah
2010-12-28, 03:27 AM
I thought it was a deliberate choice. It's the sort of thing I would have done :smallamused::smalltongue:

Elven Alchemist
2010-12-28, 10:52 AM
Hello! Ive been a long time reader of OoTS ever since my friend introduced me to it and a short time lurker of the fourms, so i decided to jump in and have some fun. Oh and my name is Tanner. :smallsmile:

KillItWithFire
2010-12-28, 10:57 AM
Welcome then and I hope you like the avatar. :smallbiggrin:
(I think the one I did for you turned out better than my own.)

Elven Alchemist
2010-12-28, 11:03 AM
Why yes I do like it.

Rob Roy
2010-12-28, 02:48 PM
Welcome Elven "Tanner" Alchemist, I hope you enjoy your stay here.

For'Ninniach
2010-12-28, 04:11 PM
Well, hey, I guess this is where you introduce yourself.
*introduces self*

Rob Roy
2010-12-28, 04:16 PM
Welcome For'Ninniach

For'Ninniach
2010-12-28, 04:57 PM
Why thank you,
*scurries out*

Obsequious
2010-12-29, 12:13 AM
Heya, folks. Salutations and suchlike. Longtime reader of OotS (which is really fun to sit down and click through on a rainy day) and so I finally decided to pop into this forums thingamajig.

Don't mind me, really. I'm just here.

Rob Roy
2010-12-29, 12:15 AM
Welcome Obsequious.

Sneak
2010-12-29, 05:04 PM
Welcome, Obsequious.

And welcome to For'Ninniach, who, from my not creepy I promise lurking around the boards, I have gathered is already making herself quite at home here. Good on ya!

Minion #6
2010-12-30, 03:29 AM
Hi all. Just arrived here, 'cos my DM thought it'd appeal to me. I'm a bit new to this D&D lark, so may my ignorance be tempered by your doubtless salient wisdom... Ah, who am I kidding, this is the internet. Sturgeon's Law is in effect here more than anywhere else. Regardless, after a brief look around, I really liked the atmosphere on these forums. Plus, of course, the webcomic!

Rob Roy
2010-12-30, 03:31 AM
Welcome Minion #6, I like to think Sturgeon's Law doesn't affect as much on these forums.

Pentachoron
2010-12-30, 06:24 PM
Yep, I'm new here. Read OotS for years, just now got around to joining up. Lurked for a bit in the Roleplay section.

Strawberries
2010-12-30, 06:29 PM
Welcome DuncanIdaho. Hope you have fun here. :smallsmile:

Acheron
2010-12-30, 08:05 PM
So, I'm new as well and even though I've been reading OotS for a long time...I only recently realized it got a forum as well XD

Mmmh...I see my avi doesn't fit in as well as I though it would...I shall try and correct that tomorrow... >_>

Rob Roy
2010-12-30, 08:25 PM
Welcome copycatloki, this really is a fun place!

Jace Beleren
2010-12-30, 11:09 PM
Hey everyone!

Im Chaotic Good.

So, yeah.

:smallbiggrin:

Rob Roy
2010-12-30, 11:17 PM
Hello Jace Beleren.

I continually switch between Lawful Neutral and True Neutral, and I believe in apostrophes!

Go out, have fun, and don't start sentences with so, as it's incorrect grammar.

Gullara
2010-12-31, 03:34 AM
Hey everyone!

Im Chaotic Good.

So, yeah.

If Jace is Chaotic Good them I'm a monkey's uncle. You's got to be Chaotic Neutral at best :smalltongue:

Jace Beleren
2010-12-31, 12:00 PM
Oooh, schooled in the grammer AND alignment department.

You guys are good :smallbiggrin:

Temotei
2010-12-31, 11:11 PM
You guys are good :smallbiggrin:

I think most of us are neutral, actually.

For the record, I think I'm neutral good.

Also, it's "grammar." :smalltongue:

Welcome, all.

Freak-of-nature
2011-01-01, 01:40 AM
Hey, I'm Freak-of-nature and I play the d20 system. (3.5, to be exact). After reading the previous posts, I knew that I picked the right website to join. I feel kind of weird compared to you guys because I'm Lawful Good. (Darn it, True Chaotic's the best alignment you can be here!)

Rob Roy
2011-01-01, 01:46 AM
Hey, I'm Freak-of-nature and I play the d20 system. (3.5, to be exact). After reading the previous posts, I knew that I picked the right website to join. I feel kind of weird compared to you guys because I'm Lawful Good. (Darn it, True Chaotic's the best alignment you can be here!)
Welcome Freak-Of-Nature, you should look into Ad&D. You're not alone in being LG, Blue Ghost is too!

Savannah
2011-01-01, 01:46 AM
Hello, Freak-of-nature! Welcome :smallbiggrin:

I can think of several LG people on here, so you're not alone :smallwink: And I'm not sure CN would be the best, since you do have to follow the rules!

Brenners_Formula
2011-01-01, 12:05 PM
Been away for a while, now I am back! Just saying, "Hi!"

Maz
2011-01-01, 06:40 PM
Hey, hello! I'm here, because I love the OotS comics (as everyone here, I suppose); just had the courage to make an account now. :smallwink:

MoonCat
2011-01-01, 07:16 PM
Welcome Maz! Don;'t worry, we're not that scary!:sabine:

Zackepic22
2011-01-01, 08:09 PM
Hey. I'm Zack. I actually read some of Order of the stick awhile ago, but, only somewhat recently have I actually read all of it.

Marthinwurer
2011-01-01, 08:44 PM
Hey. I'm Marthinwurer, and I like to play warblades and sorcerers. I play 3.5 and am currently trying to get a few friends together to play A Red Hand of Doom using maptool. Still need a good avatar though. Any recomendations on anyone to do it? I might want to join a PbP game, but I'm not very reliable, so I don't know about that. I'm still in high school, but I'm relatively mature for my age. I have been playing D&D for about 3 years off and on, so I am still relatively new to the game. I have read OOTS and am thinking about getting the prequels.

MightyMoose
2011-01-01, 08:53 PM
Hey guys! Long-time reader of OotS and Erfworld here. Figured I'd make an account to get to know some community members and try something new! I'll admit that I'm also here to do a bit of advertising for my own webcomic... (www.chineseviking.com/pokeyman) (please, don't let the Pokemon steer you away! It's different!) but I promise I'll get involved with other things too!

I'm really into music and composition. If anyone happens to read the webcomic Homestuck, I've composed a few songs for the comic and its albums. Anyway, there's my introduction. Time to get started! :smallbiggrin:

Rob Roy
2011-01-01, 08:56 PM
Welcome three new members, you will enjoy it here, that's a fact.

Earl William
2011-01-01, 09:02 PM
Hello, new member here. I'm a big fan of OOTS, I have been reading since 635, and am done lurking!

MoonCat
2011-01-01, 10:20 PM
That makes you a magical member, according to arpin, he believes that there is an important connection to OoTS and #634, and you're that +1! You shall play an important role in these forums... :smallwink:
(Sorry arpin, I'm just kidding around, don't kill me!)

The Vorpal Tribble
2011-01-02, 12:24 AM
Happy New Years, all! With it comes new challenges on the forums.

Homebrew Competitions
Monster Competition: The Hunt (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10079520#post10079520)
Prestige Class Contest: Good Will Towards Men (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179661)
Base Class Challenge: Tipping the Scales (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10075276#post10075276)

Other
Iron Avatarist: Darn You To Heck! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10075877#post10075877)

Newfolk welcome to enter :smallcool:

Randomness
2011-01-02, 06:22 AM
Hello, another new member on the forums here. Reader of comics and avid DND player I've been lurking for i dunno... just over a year, i think... God that's a long time.

Strawberries
2011-01-02, 08:52 AM
Wow. Yes, it is, Randomness. Glad you finally decided to de-lurk and join the community.
One of us... one of ussss....
Welcome! :smallbiggrin::smalltongue:

Kobold-Bard
2011-01-02, 09:09 AM
Hey. I'm Marthinwurer, and I like to play warblades and sorcerers. I play 3.5 and am currently trying to get a few friends together to play A Red Hand of Doom using maptool. Still need a good avatar though. Any recomendations on anyone to do it? I might want to join a PbP game, but I'm not very reliable, so I don't know about that. I'm still in high school, but I'm relatively mature for my age. I have been playing D&D for about 3 years off and on, so I am still relatively new to the game. I have read OOTS and am thinking about getting the prequels.

I point you in the direction of the Request an OotS style avatar (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173776) thread for this, the artists there are very talented and all they ask in return is a signiture credit and a percentage of your soul.

Definitely get the prequels, Start of Darkness is all kinds of awesome.

Welcome all new members.

Marthinwurer
2011-01-02, 11:48 AM
Ok. Thanks for the advice. Hmm... I Also need some good sigs...

CigarPete
2011-01-03, 04:14 PM
Hi there, new here. I'm Pete and I live in CT. Been playing D&D for a year or three, maybe more :smallwink: Currently in a long-running 3.5 campaign. Lost my Paladin a few months ago, sealing up an ancient evil tomb, and started up a Fighter/Evoker/Spellsword. I guess you could consider her a bit of a blaster, but I think Wraithstrike is still my second most frequently used spell.

Anyway, been lurking for a bit and decided to introduce myself.

Dinner Thief
2011-01-03, 05:02 PM
Hey guys just joined after i bought and read all of the OOTS books, absolutely love em. Just popped in to say hello to the community, especially since the books made me want to start playing D&D. (yeah I read the books without playing any D&D.)

Oh and hey, im the first person to join in the new year!!

MoonCat
2011-01-03, 05:26 PM
Welcome new guys!

AsteriskAmp
2011-01-04, 12:56 AM
Ok. Thanks for the advice. Hmm... I Also need some good sigs...

You can also request a banner at the Request and OoTS Style Avatar Thread, those adorn signatures rather nicely, the other option is to lurk for hilarious posts and ask permission to siggy inmediately after it happens or by PMing the author of such post for permission for inclusion on your signature.

Also, hello (now) fellow playgrounders.

AmonRah
2011-01-04, 11:47 PM
Hello all, another new member for the new year!
I've played DnD 3.5 for about 10 years and have been DMing for 7 or so, I lurked about briefly and decided to go ahead and join so I could talk too...
Between the comic and the awesome gaming advice I have always really enjoyed this site and I'm glad to be part of it!

Roland St. Jude
2011-01-04, 11:50 PM
Welcome new Playgrounders! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Mr. Zolrane
2011-01-05, 09:23 PM
Welcome, newcomers! You all should stop by Silly Message Board Games, we're a fun group down there, if I do say so myself.

Watchdog
2011-01-05, 09:35 PM
Hello all!

Er... I'm not new or anything, but I haven't posted here in over a year. I'm back though!

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2011-01-05, 11:08 PM
Hey Watchdog! Nice to have you back, always nice to see people return.

Rob Roy
2011-01-06, 12:16 AM
>10 PRINT "Hello New Playgrounders!!"
>run

That should serve as a rather basic hello to every newcomer.

Jaddin
2011-01-06, 01:56 PM
Hey there, came here looking for role-playing ideas and stayed for the comics.

MoonCat
2011-01-06, 08:16 PM
Welcome Jaddin! I was the other way around, came for the comics, and am now trying to figure out DnD.

Undead_Kai
2011-01-07, 12:51 AM
Hello everyone. I can't seem to get many replies from anywhere else, so I figured i'd come back here. -lol-

Combat Reflexes
2011-01-07, 03:59 AM
Hi everyone!

Googled for D&D advice. Found a forum of awesome. I'm here to stay :smalltongue:

Savannah
2011-01-07, 04:19 AM
Hey, Undead_Kai and Combat Reflexes! 'Tis a rather awesome forum, isn't it? :smallbiggrin:

Mikhailangelo
2011-01-07, 07:04 AM
As I am making my first post, it's only logical that my first post is placed here:

Hai guys ;D

Mayhem
2011-01-07, 07:21 AM
Hey all.
I registered to post my new d20 3.5 ed armour system for a low magic setting, but I've been too lazy to post it to get it critiqued. Ah well c'est la vie.

shadowolf
2011-01-07, 07:59 PM
Hello,
New to the playground and new to forums. Merry Christmas:smallbiggrin:

MoonCat
2011-01-07, 08:06 PM
Welcome shadowolf!

Undead_Kai
2011-01-07, 09:03 PM
we're about embark into spell jamming. :) I don't really know what to expect, but I am excited.

Roland St. Jude
2011-01-07, 10:48 PM
we're about embark into spell jamming. :) I don't really know what to expect, but I am excited.
Should be awesome. Good luck!

Spoonicus
2011-01-08, 08:12 AM
So after a few years of on and off lurking, I finally got around to creating that account. :smalltongue:

I don't expect I'll regret it. Hello to you all!

MoonCat
2011-01-08, 12:17 PM
Hello Spoonicus! You certainly won't.

Savannah
2011-01-08, 01:53 PM
Hello, Spoonicus! I had lurked for a year or so before I made my account, too....I've never regretted it :smallbiggrin:

Rob Roy
2011-01-08, 05:35 PM
Ooh, Spelljamming! get ready for Tinker gnome space ships powered by Giant Space Hamsters, a racist elven fleet and anthropomorphic hippo gun nuts. Welcome to the Playground!

MoonCat
2011-01-08, 05:44 PM
What on earth is spelljamming?

Rob Roy
2011-01-08, 05:47 PM
What on earth is spelljamming?

Dungeons and Dragons, in SPACE! So, it's not really on earth. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spelljammer)

MoonCat
2011-01-08, 05:49 PM
Dungeons and Dragons, in SPACE! So, it's not really on earth. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spelljammer)

:smalleek: I'm scared now :smalleek:

Rob Roy
2011-01-08, 05:50 PM
:smalleek: I'm scared now :smalleek:
Scared of it's awesome? Anywho, Hello to all new members I haven't said hello to!

Sneak
2011-01-08, 11:35 PM
Welcome, assorted newcomers! Remember not to drink and drive! Drinking and posting is still ok though!

CrimsonAngel
2011-01-08, 11:36 PM
Have the new comers gone through initiation? If not, then we need to butter them up fast and find the lether suits, panda, and whips before midnight. :smalleek:

AsteriskAmp
2011-01-09, 02:06 AM
Have the new comers gone through initiation? If not, then we need to butter them up fast and find the lether suits, panda, and whips before midnight. :smalleek:

You forgot the Wizard Hat and Cape.

Rob Roy
2011-01-09, 02:17 AM
You forgot the Wizard Hat and Cape.
Are you sure? I thought it was robes and wizard hat. :smallamused:

AsteriskAmp
2011-01-09, 02:26 AM
Are you sure? I thought it was robes and wizard hat. :smallamused:

Thou art right. It was robes and hat, but robes cover the whole body, a cape does not :smallsmile:.

Gullara
2011-01-09, 02:32 AM
Thou art right. It was robes and hat, but robes cover the whole body, a cape does not :smallsmile:.

*cough* Scaring away the newbies *cough*:smalltongue:

MoonCat
2011-01-09, 02:37 AM

Pfft. We haven't even gotten to the flying hat and the celery yet. :smallamused:

Allo, Allo!

AsteriskAmp
2011-01-09, 02:37 AM

Thou speakest the truth.

Welcome newbies, there are no initiation rituals, except maybe getting an avatar over at the Arts and Crafts avatar request thread.

MoonCat
2011-01-09, 02:40 AM
Thou speakest the truth.

Welcome newbies, there are no initiation rituals, except maybe getting an avatar over at the Arts and Crafts avatar request thread.

DON'T TELL THEM!!!!!!!! That's even more horrific than what we're talking about!

AsteriskAmp
2011-01-09, 02:44 AM
DON'T TELL THEM!!!!!!!! That's even more horrific than what we're talking about!

Only if your artist takes long to make your avatar and you check every 15 minutes.

-Looks at MoonCat-

ReynardCity
2011-01-09, 04:00 PM
Hello everyone my name is Rob aka Will Turner and I found this via a friend on Twitter, so please don't hate me. I am partially here to spread info about my webcomic, but also equally to mess about and chat about stuff. If you look on Youtube you can see videos of me falling over and dancing with the legendary Norwich Puppet Man.

I will now open the floor for any questions. Apart from where do babies come from and how many surrealists does take to change a light bulb.

MoonCat
2011-01-09, 04:11 PM
Only if your artist takes long to make your avatar and you check every 15 minutes.

-Looks at MoonCat-

Low August, low.

Welcome ReynardCity!

AsteriskAmp
2011-01-09, 04:15 PM
Hello everyone my name is Rob aka Will Turner and I found this via a friend on Twitter, so please don't hate me. I am partially here to spread info about my webcomic, but also equally to mess about and chat about stuff. If you look on Youtube you can see videos of me falling over and dancing with the legendary Norwich Puppet Man.

I will now open the floor for any questions. Apart from where do babies come from and how many surrealists does take to change a light bulb.

May I suggest placing that webcomic URL in your sig and using the characters as avatars (all done through the user cp).

Low August, low.

Welcome ReynardCity!

Hey, I'm also paranoid for requests, checking that thread every 5 minutes, my internet happened to die during thursday and early friday so I couldn't take those requests.

And to boot Serpentine is doing your avatar, check the Iron Avatarist hall of Fame, she utterly destroys 90% of the avatarists in terms of avatar production, myself included.

ReynardCity
2011-01-09, 04:15 PM
Howdy Mooncat, hope all is well.

MoonCat
2011-01-09, 04:22 PM
This forum is winning a million Internets for me now. I love it here. Pink Haired August, I'm onto your linking here. Don't think you got away with it. I love it here even more.

ReynardCity
2011-01-09, 04:54 PM
May I suggest placing that webcomic URL in your sig and using the characters as avatars (all done through the user cp).

Have done the former, will do the latter in a bit. Thanks for your help! :D

Malagnant
2011-01-10, 12:21 PM
And thus this forum trembles with my arrival.

*tremble tremble*

Hi everyone. :smallbiggrin:

ReynardCity
2011-01-10, 02:09 PM
I am indeed trembling. But this is more due to the fact I have a restless leg.

Malagnant
2011-01-10, 06:09 PM
I am indeed trembling. But this is more due to the fact I have a restless leg.

I'll take that small victory thank-you-very-much.

Rob Roy
2011-01-10, 07:24 PM
I'll take that small victory thank-you-very-much.
I however am not trembling, thought that maybe because I'm a lovecraftian treant. :smalltongue: Welcome to the Playground! :smallbiggrin:

AsteriskAmp
2011-01-10, 08:47 PM
I think those in the epileptics thread are also trembling ... I think we have one of those threads...

Welcome to the playground.

CrimsonAngel
2011-01-10, 08:49 PM
Mmmmm... New kids. :smallamused:

Ilyavania
2011-01-10, 11:12 PM
*waves hello*

Hi, I'm Ilya. I'm not so much a new member, but only now getting around to actually reading the forums, instead of just being registered (and reading OOTS). I'm really bad at this sort of thing, so I'll keep it short. Hope to have a lot of fun here, that's really all I'm looking for.

Oh, and I like OOTS. :D

AsteriskAmp
2011-01-10, 11:17 PM
*waves hello*

Hi, I'm Ilya. I'm not so much a new member, but only now getting around to actually reading the forums, instead of just being registered (and reading OOTS). I'm really bad at this sort of thing, so I'll keep it short. Hope to have a lot of fun here, that's really all I'm looking for.

Oh, and I like OOTS. :D

That's sorta what I did, I beat you to it by a month though.

Rob Roy
2011-01-10, 11:19 PM
Twoyears between registering and posting? I guess that's not as bad as my lurking the forums for three years before I registered. Welcome to the Playground! :smallbiggrin:

Saithis Bladewing
2011-01-10, 11:25 PM
I think you mean two years.

Glad to see you finally posted. Welcome to the playground officially. :D <3

Rob Roy
2011-01-10, 11:33 PM

Oops. Stupid New year changing the year...

MoonCat
2011-01-11, 02:33 PM
I technically joined in October, but I didn't, actually. It was December. Nowhere near as impressive as Ilyavania's waiting period

BayardSPSR
2011-01-12, 09:17 AM
Hello all. Long-time OOTS reader, moderate-time forum lurker, and I finally decided to register and start posting things!

So hello, I guess.

Recaiden
2011-01-12, 10:38 AM
Welcome to the forum.

Kno Lawjick
2011-01-12, 12:23 PM
Halllo everybody!

Strawberries
2011-01-12, 01:53 PM
Hello Kno Lawjick, welcome to the forum.
And all the others, too!

ShadowySilence
2011-01-14, 01:15 AM
Welcome everyone! :biggrin:

Grayden (LL)
2011-01-14, 05:02 PM
Hello everyone. :durkon:

Just an up and coming GM searching for advice.

I Love Oots!

MoonCat
2011-01-14, 05:44 PM
Welcome Grayden!

Hear
2011-01-16, 03:51 AM
HI! Im new here! well, to the forums at least :smallsmile:

Skeppio
2011-01-16, 03:52 AM
Welcome to the forums, Hear! :smallsmile:

Rob Roy
2011-01-16, 03:56 AM
Welcome, Hear! :smallsmile:

Hear
2011-01-16, 05:17 AM
if somebody could give me some advice about using the forums that would be great!:smallbiggrin:

Skeppio
2011-01-16, 05:20 AM
Forum rules are located here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/announcement.php?f=29&a=1)
The site's pretty easy to navigate. Just find an area you're interested in and go for it! :smallbiggrin:

Serpentine
2011-01-16, 05:36 AM

Glad to see you finally posted. Welcome to the playground officially. :D <3EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Saithis! You still exist! :biggrin:

Form
2011-01-16, 05:41 AM
Welcome to all the new folks joining the forum. :smallsmile:

ShadowySilence
2011-01-17, 12:40 AM
*Waves*

Hello and welcome everybody! :smallsmile:

Serpentine
2011-01-17, 12:09 PM
And to boot Serpentine is doing your avatar, check the Iron Avatarist hall of Fame, she utterly destroys 90% of the avatarists in terms of avatar production, myself included.Bah! Bah, I say! Most of my prizes are silver or bronze :smalltongue:

Recaiden
2011-01-17, 12:58 PM
Bah! Bah, I say! Most of my prizes are silver or bronze :smalltongue:

Nah. You're the best.

AsteriskAmp
2011-01-17, 01:08 PM
Hello Shadowy Silence.
*Waves back*

Bah! Bah, I say! Most of my prizes are silver or bronze :smalltongue:

Your sig disagrees with you.

Blynkibrax
2011-01-17, 05:25 PM
Hello all,

My name is Blynkibrax, but my friends call me 'Blinky'. I'm a 23 Hit Die aberration with lots of creepy little googly eyes on stalks. Long time lurker, first time poster. :smallwink:

MoonCat
2011-01-17, 05:49 PM
Hey Blinky!

And if my avatar is anything like the rest of Serp's work, she's a great artise

Serpentine
2011-01-17, 11:14 PM
Your sig disagrees with you.>checks prize shelf<
But... No it doesn't :smallconfused:
12 gold, 2 judge's choice, 5 silvers and 12 bronze :smalltongue: (granted, I'm missing a few that didn't have trophies, but I'm pretty sure they were all silvers and bronzes anyway...)

So ner :smalltongue:
Actually, I find it kinda depressing how polished and perfect the really good avatarists' avatars are, when mine all look fat and rough :smallsigh:

Hi newcomers :smallredface:

Snow Leopard
2011-01-18, 05:17 AM
Welcome everyone! :smallsmile:

Killer Angel
2011-01-18, 05:22 AM
Welcome everyone! :smallsmile:

Wooo! A fellow coutryman! :smallsmile:
Welcome aboard, snow leopard; if you have any doubt, feel free to ask.

Strawberries
2011-01-18, 05:29 AM

I take FULL credit for having him join. :smalltongue:

Also, welcome, everyone. :smallbiggrin:

Snow Leopard
2011-01-18, 05:36 AM
Welcome aboard, snow leopard; if you have any doubt, feel free to ask.

Wow now I have two mentors, Strawberries and you, I am flattered :smallredface:

Nameless
2011-01-18, 05:38 AM
Greetings nerdlings of the Interwebz! Before becoming a full member, you must dedicate a poem to my awesomeness.
'kay, go.

Serpentine
2011-01-18, 06:03 AM
Roses are red,
Violets are blue.
Nameless looks like a girl.

Nameless
2011-01-18, 09:38 AM
Roses are red,
Violets are blue.

Too generic.

Serpentine
2011-01-18, 09:48 AM
Moonlight on water
Emptiness is consuming
Nameless is a girl

Killer Angel
2011-01-18, 09:59 AM
I take FULL credit for having him join. :smalltongue:

Now that i'm thinking on it... isn't he your boyfriend?
And didn't he already presented himself some time ago? :smalltongue:

Roses are red,
Violets are blue.

Moonlight on water
Emptiness is consuming
Nameless is a girl

I'm almost sure you're trying to tell something, but it escapes me... :smalltongue:

Anyway:

If I were over Lock Ness
I couldn't care less
To write of the awesomeness
Of almighty Nameless
(bah... this poem is a mess) :smallwink:

Inhalvast
2011-01-18, 10:17 AM
Hello?

I just finished reading OotS 15 minutes ago.

Now I have made a forum account.

I like playing bards...?

Strawberries
2011-01-18, 10:22 AM
Now that i'm thinking on it... isn't he your boyfriend?
And didn't he already presented himself some time ago? :smalltongue:

Yes he is and yes he did. Greeting newbies gets people confused when you're new as well. :smallwink:

Hello?

I just finished reading OotS 15 minutes ago.

Now I have made a forum account.

I like playing bards...?

Welcome! Bards are awesome.

And the question is "When did you start reading it?" (please don't answer 10 hours ago, please don't answer 10 hours ago...:smalltongue:)

Nameless
2011-01-18, 10:59 AM
Anyway:

If I were over Lock Ness
I couldn't care less
To write of the awesomeness
Of almighty Nameless
(bah... this poem is a mess) :smallwink:

Now this is a poem. Learn from him, Serp!

Serpentine
2011-01-18, 11:08 AM
So were mine...

Nameless
2011-01-18, 11:18 AM
So were mine...

Yeah, but those didn't talk about how awesome I am. :3

Perenelle
2011-01-18, 06:17 PM
Yeah, but those didn't talk about how awesome I am. :3

But being a girl is awesome, therefor Serp was talking about how awesome you are. :smalltongue:

Serpentine
2011-01-18, 10:40 PM
Yeah, that.
Don't be sexist! D=

Perenelle
2011-01-18, 11:09 PM
Yeah, that.
Don't be sexist! D=

I'm not! being a guy is awesome too!

Occasional Sage
2011-01-18, 11:12 PM
There are a few names from when I started that I miss, but many more new and enduring folks.

Hi, new and newly-joined people!

Serpentine
2011-01-18, 11:14 PM
I'm not! being a guy is awesome too!I was talking to Nameless :smalltongue:

Nameless
2011-01-19, 03:45 AM
I'm confused...

Look! A distraction! *Throws a gas bomb on the floor and fails to open a trap door*

Perenelle
2011-01-19, 07:25 AM
I was talking to Nameless :smalltongue:
...Oh. :smalltongue:

Hello awl ...........

Welcome to the Playground! :smallbiggrin:

The Kool
2011-01-19, 02:14 PM
Oh my... it has been too long. I really don't need to get back into another forum, but maybe I'll stop back in for a bit to see how things are going.

Zuljita
2011-01-19, 03:59 PM
I just noticed this thread is here, i joined up about a month ago after a couple months of lurking. Mostly reading/posting in the roleplaying section.
I play:3.5, 4th, Gurps 4, Shadowrun 4, VTM, SW Saga ed and exalted with varying degrees of frequency for each. Game more or less weekly, sometimes twice a week.
Hi everyone!

Gullara
2011-01-19, 04:04 PM
Hi im new and my avitar is on the way from my bro rpgsr4me. Also if anyone is awsomly cool you could always come join me in playing league of legends names the same and if you don't have an account plz use this link to join:smallwink:
http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4d35f8553ac56795585049

NOOOOOOOOOOOO! (http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/)

:smalltongue:

mumwithdice
2011-01-20, 06:58 AM
Just joined today. I was wondering if there are any other mums who know what a d20 is:smallsmile: I'm a new mum (nearly seven week old asleep on my lap) and I'm missing playing and/or discussing d&d 3.5. or other interesting topics.

Serpentine
2011-01-20, 07:14 AM
Yup, several!
...not me, mind, but there's even a mother and her daughter on here. And Alarra, our glorious "pudding" mod...

Icarusification
2011-01-20, 11:22 AM
Greetings, o'finest and bravest among the Internet folks! :smallsigh:

Thy be the glory and blessing of the Giant in his Playground, famous throughout the Multiverse for the creation of the Order of the Stick! I praise the fabled beauty of the ladies in the Playground, generous enough to cheer us unworthy. :smallredface:
I put my fate in thy hands, as I present myself to thou in my humble wish to become an upright member of thy community!

Mayhap I will fetch the ale.
Albeit one barrel might not suffice for the music and games to last untill dawn. :smallfrown:

Necro_EX
2011-01-20, 11:24 PM
Hey, I'm new around here, figure it's proper to introduce myself with my first post. A little about me: I'm an artist, a gamer (both traditional and vidya, though I'm sure the former is kind of a given around here), I'm 21, can't help but think of things in terms of 3.5, I like to homebrew, I have a couple ambitious projects in front of me, I aspire to be a concept artist in the electronic entertainment industry, I love horror and anything grimdark, my favorite class is wizard, and I can be a very opinionated person.

Of course, that's just scratching the surface, but I'm sure it will suffice for an introductiion.

I look forward to being an active member of this community and maybe I can get some help on those two projects I mentioned, which I'm off to make a thread aboot in the homebrew section.

washmcrack
2011-01-21, 08:16 AM
Well I guess I should use this since I have been a member for a while and thus far have not posted a greeting to all the fine people at the GitP Forums. So hello. Some of you may know me from other boards I usually go as Justin but here I am using my alter ego.

Killer Angel
2011-01-21, 09:53 AM
A warm welcome to Icarusification, Necro_EX and washmcrak! (proceed to hugs) :smallsmile:

8Bit Kate
2011-01-21, 03:51 PM
Hullooo!

I want to game! You want to game? :3

Strawberries
2011-01-21, 03:55 PM
Hullooo!

I want to game! You want to game? :3

Welcome, 8Bit Kate!
May I suggest the pbp section (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51), for all your gaming needs? :smalltongue:

Rob Roy
2011-01-21, 07:54 PM
Hello new members! :smallsmile:

No brains
2011-01-22, 01:14 PM
Boy am I glad I can post:

"Hey, guys! What's goin' on in this thread? :smallcool:"

Without getting perma-banned and wasting $10.
-----------------------------------------------
Down to business: I have a question about reach weapons, where/who should I ask?

AsteriskAmp
2011-01-22, 01:24 PM
Boy am I glad I can post:

"Hey, guys! What's goin' on in this thread? :smallcool:"

Without getting perma-banned and wasting $10.
-----------------------------------------------
Down to business: I have a question about reach weapons, where/who should I ask?

Hello!
This thread is mainly for newcomers and is regularly posted on and not much actually beside micro-conversations from time to time.

And you should ask on the Roleplaying Forum on the "Ask a Question" Thread.

No brains
2011-01-22, 03:27 PM
Thank you very much.:smallbiggrin:

Mango Fox
2011-01-22, 04:49 PM
Hello everyone! I see you have a fine campaign running here, and I thought I'd join. My character is named Mango Fox, and is a level 3 D&D'er/level 1 board member/level 8 troll. My backstory is simple: I was introduced to D&D about a year ago, and learned about OtS from some friends in a campaign a few months ago. I spent about a week reading archive binging, and have been lurking ever since.

Lurk - 6
Diplomacy - 3
Perform(fudge dice rolls) - 5

Weapon focus: Nachos.

MoonCat
2011-01-22, 08:20 PM
Hey Mango!

AsteriskAmp
2011-01-22, 08:50 PM
Hello Mangofox, you'll fit nicely in the Roleplaying board, though you may want to change your weapon specialization to Nachos with added Cheese, probably some Monkey Grip on the way.

Othniel Edden
2011-01-22, 10:43 PM
Hi, I'm a new member. :) *bows*:smallsmile:

Asthix
2011-01-22, 11:02 PM
Hello Othniel! If you want to be in the Birthday thread, just let me know!:smallsmile:

MoonCat
2011-01-23, 03:09 PM
Hello Othniel! If you want to be in the Birthday thread, just let me know!:smallsmile:

Wasn't your attempt locked? :smallfrown:

Invictus227
2011-01-23, 03:57 PM
As I have just created my account, I am posting my introduction to the forum in the dedicated thread.

public class HelloWorld {
public static void main(String[] args) {
System.out.println("Hello, World");
}
}

In other words, Hello.:smallsmile:

begooler
2011-01-23, 04:01 PM
Salutations
I've been reading this forum when it shows up on my Google searches for some time, and yesterday I starting posting. So, hello.

Question: Pixie, with or without Otto's Irresistible Dance?

Strawberries
2011-01-23, 04:02 PM
Wasn't your attempt locked? :smallfrown:

Actually yes, but then things were cleared up and it was stickied (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=184325). :smallsmile:

As I have just created my account, I am posting my introduction to the forum in the dedicated thread.

public class HelloWorld {
public static void main(String[] args) {
System.out.println("Hello, World");
}
}

In other words, Hello.:smallsmile:

Hello to you, Invictus. Welcome and enjoy the forums!:smallbiggrin:

Salutations
I've been reading this forum when it shows up on my Google searches for some time, and yesterday I starting posting. So, hello.

Question: Pixie, with or without Otto's Irresistible Dance?

EDIT: And welcome to Begooler, who ninja'd me. :smallwink:
Answer? With. Probably with. It's funnier that way. :smallsmile: