PDA

View Full Version : Hello and Welcome New Members Thread 8

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

Kikaz
2011-01-23, 05:08 PM
Greetings! if you guessed that I'm a new member, you're right!

Kallisti
2011-01-23, 05:13 PM
Greetings! if you guessed that I'm a new member, you're right!

Greetings! If you guessed that I'm an old member greeting a person who I guess is a new member, you're right!

Kikaz
2011-01-23, 05:23 PM
Greetings! If you guessed that I'm an old member greeting a person who I guess is a new member, you're right!

It's nice to be right, isn't it?

MoonCat
2011-01-23, 05:37 PM
Actually yes, but then things were cleared up and it was stickied (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=184325). :smallsmile:

Great! That's awesome! I don't check enough, I guess I never noticed.

Kikaz and Kallisti, I'm guessing you're both insane, isn't it nice to be right? :smalltongue:

Killed to Death
2011-01-23, 07:18 PM
Hey everyone! Hello! I'm new

Savannah
2011-01-23, 07:46 PM
Hello! Welcome to the forums :smallsmile:

Lither
2011-01-23, 11:20 PM
Hi! I'm new here.

Anyway, in between webcomic design and gaming I hope to be a member of this comunity.

Rob Roy
2011-01-23, 11:23 PM
Hello Lither, Welcome to this wonderful forum! If you have any questions, just ask. :smallsmile:

AsteriskAmp
2011-01-23, 11:52 PM
Hello Lither you'll find the Arts and Crafts Webcomic subsection useful for your webcomic venture if you haven't gone big yet and pretty much the whole forum falls into gaming somehow (Except board issues).

HOSER922
2011-01-24, 02:26 AM
Hi! I know I'm not technically a knew member, with my being around for months already now, but I have just started posting recently so I figured it was aboot time to introduce myself. I am HOSSER922, and I love reinforcing Canadian stereotypes.

Rob Roy
2011-01-24, 02:27 AM
Welcome HOSER922, if you have any questions just ask!:smallsmile:

Hybrid Monkey D
2011-01-24, 10:32 AM
Hello, everyone. I've been browsing this place for months and, until recently, felt no need to register. However, as I've been using you guys' advice for a while, I believe it only polite to say, "Hello and thank you."

MoonCat
2011-01-24, 10:45 AM
Hello, everyone. I've been browsing this place for months and, until recently, felt no need to register. However, as I've been using you guys' advice for a while, I believe it only polite to say, "Hello and thank you."

Welcome Hybrid Monkey D! You felt no need to join here? And then you did? Now you'll be sucked into us more and more, until your entire life is CONSUMED by this evil place. Run now, and all you'll feel is pain. Run!

Nah. Welcome! Your addiction will get worse, but we don't care, it's happened to us as well.

Rob Roy
2011-01-24, 07:04 PM

Hello! :smallsmile:

You've only been lurking for a few months? I lurked for a year or three before I decided to register!

Zoog
2011-01-24, 07:31 PM
Hello, dwarves, elves, halfings and other RPG races, i look forward to carrying on indepth duscussions about the pros and cons of house-breaking orcs and other important and incitful D&D discussions:smallbiggrin:

117derek
2011-01-24, 07:52 PM
I am new here. But, I am not a noob:smallfurious:!!!!!!1111!!!11!!!!!1!!!!one!!!! !one!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!289!!!!1
wait... how'd that get there....:smallconfused:

117derek
2011-01-24, 07:53 PM
How do I know what my avatar is gonna look like?

Rob Roy
2011-01-24, 07:57 PM
Hello Derek, it should take the top left corner of the avatar if it's to big, so don't you use a big avatar. Also, I believe the correct term is "newbie" Also, Hi Zoog. :smallbiggrin:

117derek
2011-01-24, 08:03 PM
Now I have the right avatar. This is my official hello
Hello. I would like to play D&D, butSOMEBODY DOESN'T HAVE A CAMPAIGN READY AFTER THREE MONTHS, EVEN THOUGH THE GAME COMES WITH ONE:smallfurious:
anyway... I dislike ninjas, for no reason (but I still have to fight with them...), and have roleplayed on other sights.

117derek
2011-01-24, 08:17 PM
Where is a good D&D rp?

Savannah
2011-01-24, 08:36 PM
Where is a good D&D rp?

There's games recruiting players here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51). Just as a friendly heads up, double posting is frowned upon here (you may want to check out the rules here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/announcement.php?a=1) or at the top of every page). You can just edit your post or wait for someone else to post :smallsmile:

Arcane Jules
2011-01-25, 06:56 PM
Hello everyone =) I'm new to all of this, but I'm excited to get started. My friend Cory, aka GoblinSplitter, got me into all this and I promise not to be a N00b who gives up after a few weeks :)
You can add me on Fb once I know you-http://www.facebook.com/Julianna.Walthrust

:smallsmile::smallsmile::smallsmile:

Savannah
2011-01-25, 07:05 PM
Hi, Arcane Jules! Welcome to the forums :smallsmile:

Arcane Jules
2011-01-25, 08:08 PM
Hi, Arcane Jules! Welcome to the forums :smallsmile:

Thank You Savannah =)

BeethroBudkin07
2011-01-27, 05:38 PM
Hello world.

I found out about Order of the Stick none too long ago. Although I DID see a pic of it on TV Tropes much earlier. And I could've sworn someone on a forum knew about it. Huh.

But anyhow, I decided to join when I felt I should make a fan comic as well. I've already got quite a bit of work done on it as of now.

But enough about me. I'll let the other new ones introduce themselves.

*leaves the stage*

Asthix
2011-01-27, 07:33 PM
Welcome to the forum and good luck with your comic!

Nighthawk_986
2011-01-29, 04:57 PM
Hello everyone. I'm new, and you aren't (more than likely). Well, I guess I should write some more here. So, I suppose I'll tell everyone a bit about myself.

I'm a 24 yr old geeky-farmboy-turned-cityslicker who lives in North Dakota. I play Halo, Left 4 Dead, Magic: The Gathering, Yu-gi-oh, and Dnd. OK. So, "geeky" might be stretching it a little, but, hey, to those who don't think I have a life :P, I DO have a girlfriend, 2 jobs, and many friends. In my free time (which is very little), I work on the writing of my first book which I intend to become a series (if I'm lucky).

I think that should be enough for now. Hope to talk to you guys later.

Savannah
2011-01-29, 05:01 PM
Hello, Nighthawk! Welcome to the forums :smallsmile:

LuckyHood
2011-01-29, 08:43 PM
Hi, I'm 16 and I live in Melbourne, Australia. I've been following OOTS a while but only decided to create an account today. I'm very introverted and look forward to chatting to everyone. :smallsmile:

Savannah
2011-01-29, 08:46 PM
Hi, LuckyHood! Glad you decided to join up :smallsmile: I'm really introverted as well, but I like talking to people on here because it lets me talk to them without having to be in the same room as them :smalltongue:

MoonCat
2011-01-29, 08:47 PM
Hi, I'm 16 and I live in Melbourne, Australia. I've been following OOTS a while but only decided to create an account today. I'm very introverted and look forward to chatting to everyone. :smallsmile:

G'day mate! No worries, this 'ere's a great forum, eh? Welcome fellow introvert!

Edit: Savannah, stop ninjaing me! :smallbiggrin:

Skeppio
2011-01-29, 09:01 PM

Another Melbournian? Welcome to the forum! :smallbiggrin:

Rob Roy
2011-01-29, 09:06 PM
Hello New Members!!:smile:

Welcome to the Playground. If you're interested in Gaming, go here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26). If you want to join a PbP, go here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)Otherwise, go here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10263694#post10263694) Have fun, and welcome to this wonderful community!

LuckyHood
2011-01-29, 09:07 PM
Before anyone asks why I'm here because of my age, I got in to D&D stuff from picking up Neverwinter Nights 2. :smallsmile:

And school starts tomorrow for me which means tonnes of work and not much gaming. Year 11 this year, no more slacking for me. :smallannoyed:

Savannah
2011-01-29, 09:13 PM
Why would we ask because of your age? :smallconfused: You're not the youngest on here by any means, if that's what you meant. (And there's plenty on here who aren't into D&D, either!)

MoonCat
2011-01-29, 09:32 PM
Before anyone asks why I'm here because of my age, I got in to D&D stuff from picking up Neverwinter Nights 2. :smallsmile:

And school starts tomorrow for me which means tonnes of work and not much gaming. Year 11 this year, no more slacking for me. :smallannoyed:

I'M not as old as you are.

AsteriskAmp
2011-01-29, 09:34 PM
Welcome LuckyHood, don't worry, everyone has troubles being a regular here (it gets harder and harder), and you are in one of the most plentiful age groups of the playground.

And I'm sure you'll probably find some time to slack, and even if you don't, I'm sure you'll still come on weekends.

Rob Roy
2011-01-29, 09:38 PM

Welcome Luckyhood! Why would we ask you your age?

MoonCat
2011-01-29, 09:57 PM
Welcome Luckyhood! Why would we ask you your age?

He probably thinks we're all big, scary, mature adults :smallbiggrin: <falls off chair laughing>

Von Krieger
2011-01-30, 01:22 AM
Hello everybody!

I could've SWORN that I registered for the forum here ages ago, but then again I've never really used them.

Ah well!

Rob Roy
2011-01-30, 01:59 AM
Welcome Von Krieger, I'm sure you'll like it here.

101jir
2011-01-30, 10:52 AM
Hopefully, a friend of mine should be signing up soon with the account name of "cdkswordman":smallsmile:. He would have been on earlier, but the avatar thing was getting him and just making sure that he has everything. I never realized how much harder stuff like that is on an ipod (Or something like it, I don't keep this stuff straight) than it is on a PC like I am used to.

Fox Box Socks
2011-01-30, 11:00 PM
Long time lurker.

Came one a while ago with an account whose name I can't remember. Forgot both it and its password.

3.5 is awful. 4e is better. We'll see how that opinion works out for me.

That is all.

Rob Roy
2011-01-30, 11:45 PM
Welcome Fox Box Socks, 4e is awful 3.5 is better and 2e was awesome. Of course, GURPS and possibly Star Frontiers are as good as 2e if not better. With that said, you've come to a forum dominated by 3.5 homebrew, but there is more enough 4e players and homebrew if you want to join a Play by Post. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51) Have fun!

H Birchgrove
2011-01-31, 12:10 PM
Hi fellas! :smallbiggrin: I discovered OoTS through tvtropes.org and have read all published strips on the website, becoming a huge fan of it. You may know me as Captain Sweden at deviantART. Incidentally I only started with RPG's after I had started to read OoTS and I haven't played D&D (yet?). Also a big fan of comics in general, Science Fiction, High Fantasy, Sword and Sorcery, detective and spy fiction, film noir, etc. History buff as well.

PS. The H in my poster name stands for Hammer. If you know Latin and Swedish you can deduce my real name, but please, note me instead of posting here if you think you got it right.

PSS. I just realised I could use my poster name for a fantasy character. I'll try to not make "him" too Gary Stu-ish. :smalltongue:

Rob Roy
2011-01-31, 06:59 PM
Welcome H. Birdgrove. :smallsmile:

kringle13
2011-01-31, 10:44 PM
hey all, im new here, also fairly new to the gaming community, possibly looking for tabletop gamers to hang with in the Springfield Oregon area.

MoonCat
2011-01-31, 11:22 PM
welcome kringle! :smallsmile:

Gannel
2011-02-01, 08:16 PM
Hello, everyone. One of my friends told me about this forum, so I joined. Looking forward to my time here. :smallsmile:

Savannah
2011-02-01, 08:28 PM
Hi, Gannel! Welcome to the forum :smallsmile:

Skeppio
2011-02-01, 09:40 PM
Welcome to all our recent additions to the playground! :smallbiggrin:

The Tower
2011-02-01, 10:54 PM
HULLO.
New here. Referred by my RL friend Blue Ghost. I've been rather terrible and have only really flirted with posting here.
HOWEVA. Now that I have my first post over with, I don't have to worry about what my first post will be like!
TT

Blue Ghost
2011-02-01, 11:39 PM
HULLO.
New here. Referred by my RL friend Blue Ghost. I've been rather terrible and have only really flirted with posting here.
HOWEVA. Now that I have my first post over with, I don't have to worry about what my first post will be like!
TT

Welcome TT! I thought you would never show up. Sorry I can't stay and talk now, but SMBG (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34) is where you'll find me. Have fun! :smallbiggrin:
Yes, a new recruit. :smallamused:

OverThoughtName
2011-02-02, 12:27 AM
Hello, peoples of the interweb! Linked here by a friend a couple of weeks back and, now that I've finished reading the comic, have decided to toss myself into the forums. If the community is half as wonderful as the comic its built around, this couldn't POSSIBLY be a bad decision. :smallbiggrin:

Savannah
2011-02-02, 12:38 AM
Hello, The Tower and OverThoughtName! Welcome to the forum :smallsmile:

Joining here is never a bad decision (unless, of course, you value your free time :smallwink:).

Rob Roy
2011-02-02, 12:45 AM
Hello and welcome everyone! :smallsmile:Remember, Psionics are awesome!

Rob Roy
2011-02-02, 01:55 AM
Hello and welcome to the forums rajushi1. :smallsmile:

WarMerged
2011-02-02, 01:39 PM
Hey all,

I'm Steve. I love Order of the Stick. I'm also a fan of RPGs. Is any of this surprising? Here's a surprise, I also like video games, general geekery, and women. There are a million like me, and that's what makes us strong! RISE UP! WE SHALL OVERCOME.

H Birchgrove
2011-02-02, 06:53 PM
Thanks for the welcoming. :)

Thia
2011-02-03, 11:01 AM
Hi
I've been reading the comic for a while now, and recently created a forum account.

Savannah
2011-02-03, 01:29 PM
Hi, Thia and WarMerged! Welcome to the forum :smallsmile:

Kobold-Bard
2011-02-03, 03:13 PM
Welcome everyone new.

Word of advice: watch out for Savannah; she acts nice and friendly to new members to gain their trust and then eats them when they let their guard down & try to log off. If she's already welcomed you it's too late, you'll have to stay online forever.

:smalltongue:

MoonCat
2011-02-03, 03:22 PM
I'm lucky no one formally welcomed me then, I was grouped into a post saying "welcome new playgrounders!" Rob Roy. :smalltongue:

Savannah
2011-02-03, 07:42 PM
Wait, WHAT? :smalleek: I don't eat people! They're not very tasty :smallyuk:

Hmm....should I?.....Yes, I should:

Welcome to the forum, MoonCat! :smallbiggrin::smallwink:
(I was never welcomed at all. I joined for the pbp section, and it took me a while to start checking out friendly banter, so I didn't even know about the thread until too late :smalltongue:)

MoonCat
2011-02-03, 07:43 PM
Yay! Thank you!

orkchop
2011-02-04, 12:57 AM
hello

I found Oots a few days ago and performed an epic timewasting maneuver by reading the whole thing. I laughed myself an injury. ...must ... have ... more! ...

Strawberries
2011-02-04, 01:08 AM
Welcome Mooncat, sorry I'm a bit late!

W(I was never welcomed at all. I joined for the pbp section, and it took me a while to start checking out friendly banter, so I didn't even know about the thread until too late :smalltongue:

Naah, it's never too late. Welcome to the forum, Savannah, I'm really glad you're here! :smalltongue:

hello

I found Oots a few days ago and performed an epic timewasting maneuver by reading the whole thing. I laughed myself an injury. ...must ... have ... more! ...

Hello orkchop! Your timewasting maneuver seems very similar to the one I made a year ago. Welcome!

Rob Roy
2011-02-04, 01:20 AM
Welcome Orkchop, I find that technique works really well with comics that've been around for a decade or so. OOTS is still a really good comic to try it on. :smalltongue: Quality over quantity as they say.

Meriss
2011-02-04, 08:30 AM
*Pokesheadup*

Hello! :smallsmile:

Savannah
2011-02-04, 11:40 AM
Hi, Meriss! Welcome to the forums :smallsmile:

Thanks, Strawberries :smallamused::smalltongue:

Corwyn
2011-02-04, 02:58 PM
Hello everyone! I love the comic, and I thought I'd join in on the community fun. :smallsmile:

Savannah
2011-02-04, 03:02 PM
Hello, Corwyn! Glad you decided to join; it's a fun place :smallsmile:

Riv Sonata
2011-02-05, 07:02 PM
Hi folks! I'm Riv and I'm here because of Othniel, my best friend and housemate. :biggrin: I haven't read much of OOTS yet, but I'm enjoying it immensely so far.

Skeppio
2011-02-05, 07:03 PM
Welcome to the forums, Riv Sonata. :smallsmile:

gmikeyg
2011-02-06, 12:38 AM
Hi all,

I am new here. I was actually directed here by one of my writers.

I have been playing RPGs for a looooong time, with a basic DnD game that goes back maybe 17 years that we play about once a year.

I also play Earth Dawn infrequently with old friends. And lots of other video, board, and other fantasy stuff.

The reason I came here is because I want to put the word out that I am looking for writers for a Choose Your Own Adventure style series of books. We are making video games based on the books our writers put together.

I don't want to spam, and I'm not sure if this kind of post is welcome. Can someone tell me where I can post a link to the job for your users?

Thanks,

Mike

Rob Roy
2011-02-06, 12:46 AM
Welcome Gmikeyg, you should just put it in your signature. Again, welcome! :smallsmile:

gmikeyg
2011-02-06, 02:05 AM
OK, thanks for the advice. Is your avatar a lamprey or something?

Rob Roy
2011-02-06, 02:09 AM
OK, thanks for the advice. Is your avatar a lamprey or something?

It's an aboleth. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aboleth)

Fredaintdead
2011-02-06, 06:22 AM
*Walks in laughing*
Hello baby, did you miss me?

Yes, this is Fredthefighter speaking. Long time no see.

Serpentine
2011-02-06, 07:13 AM
Huh? What's with the new account? :smallconfused:
Also, now I'm sad, because your name almost certainly isn't a reference to Drop Dead Fred :smallfrown:
The reason I came here is because I want to put the word out that I am looking for writers for a Choose Your Own Adventure style series of books.Ha! I loved those things! Now that could be interesting...

Fredaintdead
2011-02-06, 07:32 AM
Huh? What's with the new account? :smallconfused:
Also, now I'm sad, because your name almost certainly isn't a reference to Drop Dead Fred

The new account is simply because it's simpler. Besides, all that's changed is postcount.
And no, my name is not a reference to Drop Dead Fred. It's just the name I use on ThatGuyWithTheGlasses. I suppose it could be though, I do love Rik Mayall's brand of comedy.

Serpentine
2011-02-06, 08:04 AM
Uuuuuh... You know you can change your name, right? If that's what you mean.

Fredaintdead
2011-02-06, 08:06 AM
Uuuuuh... You know you can change your name, right? If that's what you mean.

It's not too do with that. Trust me, it's just simpler this way.

Serpentine
2011-02-06, 08:16 AM
Uh... huh. Wellup, good to see you back again, anyways.

Fredaintdead
2011-02-06, 08:18 AM
Uh... huh. Wellup, good to see you back again, anyways.

Thanks Serpentine. It's nice to be back. :smallsmile:
Sorry if I'm being a little secretive.

Serpentine
2011-02-06, 08:20 AM
Mmhm. Hope you've checked with a mod, though... Rules'n'stuff.

Fredaintdead
2011-02-06, 08:31 AM
Mmhm. Hope you've checked with a mod, though... Rules'n'stuff.

Uh-oh. Technically, I can't access my original account, but I'll PM one of them I think, just in case.

RabbitHoleLost
2011-02-06, 12:04 PM
MY SON IS BACCCKKK OMG YAAAAAAY
:: flails around::

Also, its cool. If you can't access your old account, I don't think its going to be a problem.
Such cases have happened before.
Like, you know, me. :smalltongue:

::tacklehugs:: My little Freddikins I've missed yooooouuuuuuuu

Fredaintdead
2011-02-06, 12:51 PM
MY SON IS BACCCKKK OMG YAAAAAAY
:: flails around::

Also, its cool. If you can't access your old account, I don't think its going to be a problem.
Such cases have happened before.
Like, you know, me. :smalltongue:

::tacklehugs:: My little Freddikins I've missed yooooouuuuuuuu

D'awww. Thanks Rabbit.

deathsli'helper
2011-02-06, 02:43 PM
HELLOW!!!( iThink I hear an Echo!)

The Vorpal Tribble
2011-02-06, 02:57 PM
'lo newfolk.

Just rolling in to mention some new competitions that've opened up with February.

Homebrew
Monster Competition LIV: Achilles Heel (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10279533#post10279533)
Prestige Class Contest XXV: It's A Race Thing (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=185378)
Base Class Challenge IV: Tipping the Scales (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181781)

Iron Challenges
Iron Avatarist: dun Dun DUN! (http://tinyurl.com/65u38xk)
Iron Optimization: Unseelie Dark Hunter (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186097)

Mr Shadyface
2011-02-06, 04:57 PM
'Ello 'ello...

Pretty new to....well...all of this. I played Warhammer and Necromunda for quite a while, until the whole "30 quid for a model tank" issue scared me off. I have always been interested in roleplaying, and thanks to a friend, i have happened upon this delightful forum.

Soo....yeah. Nice to be here. Please, do not eat me.

I taste like crap.

Blue Ghost
2011-02-06, 05:45 PM
Fred? Fred? FRED!
*tackleglomp*

Strawberries
2011-02-06, 05:46 PM
Hey, Mr Shadyface!

Do not worry, we don't eat the new members.
You like roleplaying? You've come to the right place. Have a look at the roleplaying subforum. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)

Or maybe we can interest you in joining a play by post (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)?

Anway, welcome!

The Vorpal Tribble
2011-02-06, 06:09 PM
Serp, I swear, every time I see that new av I think you're in the midst of a wardrobe malfunction.

Hey, Mr Shadyface!
Do not worry, we don't eat the new members.
Right. Because flavor improves with age.

MoonCat
2011-02-06, 10:43 PM
Serp, I swear, every time I see that new av I think you're in the midst of a wardrobe malfunction.

Right. Because flavor improves with age.

Yeah the newbs still have that lingering flavor of other polluted non-moderated forums. Not that I'm one to talk. I only started posting in December. :smallbiggrin:

The Vorpal Tribble
2011-02-06, 10:52 PM
Not that I'm one to talk. I only started posting in December. :smallbiggrin:
As Hawkeye might say, 'Yesterday was a very good year.' :smallwink:

Me? I've gone past fine wine and nearly turned to vinegar.

MoonCat
2011-02-07, 12:23 AM
What's the Giant then? Or was he spawned into a perfect flavor and will remain that way for eternity?

The Vorpal Tribble
2011-02-07, 01:16 AM
What's the Giant then? Or was he spawned into a perfect flavor and will remain that way for eternity?
Yup, the Giant is Ambrosia, Nectar of the Gods.

Edit:
Actually, let's see here, who of my generation is still posting...

*goes through member's list*

Amiel, Zherog, Starbuck_II, Scorpina, White Blade, Hzurr, Yuki_Akuma, and Kish.

Only ones still posting from my time. Never even heard of Hzurr or Kish actually. Huh. Zherog has actually been posting almost a year before any of the rest of us. Probably the eldest active poster of all.

Serpentine
2011-02-07, 02:05 AM
"Comp, comp on my desk, who is the eldest of the rest"?

ShadeSpark
2011-02-07, 03:28 PM
Hello, everyone. I'm a long time reader who just now go around to actually joining and thought I should properly introduce myself. :smallsmile: So, is there anything I should know/be wary of before heading out to the dangerous playground?

MoonCat
2011-02-07, 03:33 PM
Hello, everyone. I'm a long time reader who just now go around to actually joining and thought I should properly introduce myself. :smallsmile: So, is there anything I should know/be wary of before heading out to the dangerous playground?

Welcome Shady!(your new nickname) Watch out for Serp, don't drink too much of Tribble, and go back to your fun citizen.

Ak-Akari Obachu
2011-02-08, 02:19 PM
Suppose I should post here first. Hey guys, nice to finally be here.

um... yeah... thats it I guess. Not too much to say about joining up I guess. haha

Strawberries
2011-02-08, 02:27 PM
Welcome Ak-Akari Obachu! :smallsmile:

Reinholdt
2011-02-08, 02:56 PM
Welcome back Fred! :smallbiggrin:

Regular welcomes to Ak-Akari Obachu, ShadeSpark, deathsli'helper, and Mr Shadyface. :smallsmile:

Belated welcome to Mooncat. Who's a cat and therefore awesome incarnate. :smallcool:

And that's as far back as I'm reading. :smalltongue:

MoonCat
2011-02-08, 07:13 PM
Welcome back Fred! :smallbiggrin:

Regular welcomes to Ak-Akari Obachu, ShadeSpark, deathsli'helper, and Mr Shadyface. :smallsmile:

Belated welcome to Mooncat. Who's a cat and therefore awesome incarnate. :smallcool:

And that's as far back as I'm reading. :smalltongue:

Thank you, I now have lots of welcomes. Welcome Ak-Akari

I'm a kitty! :smallbiggrin:

The Vorpal Tribble
2011-02-08, 08:56 PM
*scowls at all these cutesie greetings*

Alright newbies, listen up. We welcome you, grudgingly, but this doesn't mean we like you. You must prove yourself to be worthy. Now get out there, stop lurking like a pansie, and make a contribution. I'll be watching.
There may not be mind control, but there is eating of heads.
Crumpets are at elvenses.

Rob Roy
2011-02-08, 11:57 PM
Welcome all new members! :smallsmile:

There may not be mind control, but there is eating of heads.
Didn't we stop eating heads when pixie souls started tasting better?

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2011-02-09, 11:08 PM
Welcome all new members! :smallsmile:

Didn't we stop eating heads when pixie souls started tasting better?

Aye, welcome to this wonderful forum!:smallbiggrin:
Pretty certain all cannibalism of new guys is banned, along with the organ harvesting.

Zeb The Troll
2011-02-10, 01:22 AM
Pretty certain all cannibalism of new guys is banned, along with the organ harvesting.Indeed. It falls under the "hazing" clause under Minor Spam.

Joventhus
2011-02-10, 11:57 AM
Hello! This seems like a nice forum, apart from its unsearchable vastness. I was recently introduced to D&D, and I'm interested in anything that stretches the imagination and demands literary flair (as well as a tasteful sense of plot). I'm probably less of a gamer and more of a writer, but I like both. I cannot deny my self-endorsing interest, but I also enjoy participating in an environment that draws the best out of everyone else. I guess I'll see if this is fun.

The Vorpal Tribble
2011-02-10, 12:03 PM
I was recently introduced to D&D, and I'm interested in anything stretches the imagination and demands literary flair (as well as a tasteful sense of plot). I'm probably less of a gamer and more of a writer, but I like both.
Welcome, my man :smallcool:

This is exactly how I got into D&D as well.

AsteriskAmp
2011-02-10, 12:05 PM
Hello Joventhus, you probably will be interested in the Art&Crafts Section as well as mostly all of the site.

Strawberries
2011-02-10, 01:05 PM
Hi Joventhus!

Also, check out the play by post section here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)!

Siege Tower
2011-02-11, 10:44 PM
Hello all! I'm busy trying to get into actual DnD (not just playing premade characters) and I figure this could be a good place to learn. So..yeah.

Hopefully y'all can recommend a good jumping off point for me. I already know how to make basic characters but the whole multi-classing thing and making non-nerfed characters seems to be impossible for me.

Savannah
2011-02-11, 10:50 PM
Hello, Siege Tower! If you're interested in getting some experience, I'd check out the play-by-post subforum (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51). If you're just looking for some tips on building a character, the roleplaying games subforum (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30) will probably be your best bet (don't let them scare you, they tend towards high optimization :smallwink:). I'm also always happy to answer questions (although I'm not the best source for information on optimization). Hope that helps :smallsmile:

Dreadn4ught
2011-02-12, 09:25 PM
Welcome siege tower!

The harder parts of D&D seemed difficult to me as well when I first started. You'll get used to it. Multi-classing is usually unnecessary unless you really want to optimize.

Hope you enjoy GiTP!

Riken
2011-02-13, 12:37 AM
Hello. Seeing as I'm new and all I thought that a small introduction would be in order. I dabble in a little bit of everything. I can only draw when I'm in the mood, but when I am in the mood, I make some pretty nice pictures. I hate math and love to read and write. I plan on going into the Video Game Industry after College, which I suppose has brought me here. I love gaming. Be it electronically or traditional. Though, I will be honest and admit that it has been awhile since I've done any traditional gaming. I hope to get back into it and this seems like the best place to do it. The community seems great. I look forward to some future games with everyone. :D :D :D

Necro_EX
2011-02-13, 12:38 AM
I know this guy! :D

...and welcome to the playground, Riken.

MoonCat
2011-02-13, 12:42 AM
Welcome Riken!

Rob Roy
2011-02-13, 02:02 AM
Hello Riken! :smallsmile:

Alexcek
2011-02-14, 11:03 AM
Yet another new guy. Hi everyone. I'm a roleplayer of DnD 3.5, and recently (ie last couple days) Pathfinder. I'm in the long process of building my own fantasy world for the purposes of writing a book or two, hopefully. Considering the other settings I see in existence, I sometimes feel a bit intimidated, though at the same time I want to rise to the challenge. The 'career' I'm attempting to pursue is to be an electrician. This all while trying to keep some semblance of a life and friends and video games. Its a big task. Good to find a new forum to frequent.

washmcrack
2011-02-14, 11:16 AM
Welcome to all the new members.

Kurai
2011-02-14, 01:10 PM
Hi everyone! =]
I snooped around for a few months and decided to now become an active member. My future plans involve becoming a translator of English-German literature and traveling to America to improve my mad tranzlation skillz. I've played Pen&Paper Rpgs off and on since I've been... twelve or so (Mostly D&D, with some Shadowrun and The Dark Eye on the side), so this was the perfect site to stumble on.
I'd really like to join a D&D game or form my own freeform one ('cause honestly, there can never be enough roleplaying in your life), but I hope my timezone doesn't make things uncomfortable.
Still, this looks like a very nice community and I'm sure I'll have lotsa fun.
So long!

MoonCat
2011-02-14, 01:53 PM
Welcome Kurai!
I have family who translates English-German court cases, so that's cool. If your looking for Dnd, Roleplaying Games and Finding Players would be helpful areas for you, Have fun here!

Savannah
2011-02-14, 02:28 PM
Hi, Alexcek and Kurai! Welcome to the forum :smallsmile:

Don't worry about your timezone, Kurai, that's one of the nice things about pbp :smallwink: I'm playing with people from....more places than I care to count right now....and it all works out fine.

Pendragon91
2011-02-15, 04:21 PM
Hey all, I'm Pendragon91 (Because Pendragon was already taken :(), aka Alex, a 19-year old student of International Relations at Aberystwyth University.

Only fairly recently (just over a year ago) got into tabletop RPGs, and I'm pretty much completely in love with anything and everything White Wolf puts out. Also a fan of a rather large number of anime/manga and Visual Novels, as well as a bunch of Webcomics.

I've started to wet my feet as a GM, though I still enjoy playing on the other side of the fence, so to speak. Even though I'm nominally GMT, I've pretty much started living my life in EST due to GM'ing a long-running Exalted game for a bunch of Americans, so can handle pretty much any time.

This looks like a pretty fun community, hope to have a good time here. :)

Sphinxette
2011-02-15, 08:13 PM
Hello everyone. I'm Sphinxette because Sphinx was already taken and I'm a girl. I'm an 18 year old and a freshman in college. I am currently majoring in elementary education but who knows how long that will be. I've been playing D&D since I was a freshman in high school and I joined my school's gaming club. I don't really know what else to say? I like to write a lot. That's about it.

Reinholdt
2011-02-15, 08:15 PM
Welcome Pendragon91 and Sphinxette. Glad to see you here with us. :smallsmile:
You'll like it here.

Mortagon
2011-02-16, 04:40 PM
Hi everybody. I've been lurking here for a while since I discovered the Final Fantasy D6 RPG. I have been playing roleplaying games for over 20 years, mostly D&D and currently Pathfinder. I've been looking for a Final Fantasy RPG for years and when I found that the creators of the amazing Final Fantasy D6 RPG frequented these forums I decided to sign up.

Savannah
2011-02-16, 04:52 PM
Hi, Mortagon! Welcome to the forum :smallsmile:

Rob Roy
2011-02-17, 01:02 AM
Hello Mortagon and all other new people, this forum is really amazing.

Lyxie
2011-02-17, 03:26 AM
HI! I'm Lyxie, or Alyx. I've played a few matches of LoL with a few of you.

P.S. It's ridiculously hard to sign up here, lol! I got like 3 strings that I couldn't comprehend because they were so skewed or camouflaged with crap, and then I had an easy string and typed the character name wrong. I was seriously about to not sign up cause it was so annoying. But, hello!

Savannah
2011-02-17, 03:36 AM
Hi, Lyxie! Glad you made it through the signup :smalltongue: The rest of the forum should be nicer :smallsmile:

The Elf
2011-02-18, 03:09 PM
Hello! I joined because I enjoy D&D and have visited the roleplaying games and homebrew design forums for a while now. I chose my name as whenever I play D&D, I usually end up playing an elf with a long name, which my friends never bother to learn and just refer to me as "The Elf". I also chose this forum as it seems to be much better moderated than other forums I have seen, and I always prefer a polite forum where people try and be productive rather than to crudely insult the previous poster.

Savannah
2011-02-18, 03:17 PM
Hello, The Elf! (That sentence sounds funny :smalltongue:) Welcome to the forum :smallsmile: I agree, this is one of the politest forums I've ever seen.

Maxios
2011-02-18, 06:51 PM
Hello! I joined because I enjoy D&D and have visited the roleplaying games and homebrew design forums for a while now. I chose my name as whenever I play D&D, I usually end up playing an elf with a long name, which my friends never bother to learn and just refer to me as "The Elf". I also chose this forum as it seems to be much better moderated than other forums I have seen, and I always prefer a polite forum where people try and be productive rather than to crudely insult the previous poster.

Welcome to the forums, Elf :smallbiggrin:

kinosaga
2011-02-18, 09:25 PM
hello all, i join Giants in the playground because several of my IRL friends have told me of this sight. i love D&D 3.5 and up, pathfinder( some considerate that 3.75) dark heresy and its offshoots; any pen and paper game mostly, as long as someone guides me through the rules i guess. its good to find a web-sight like this.
:smallsmile:

Daftendirekt
2011-02-18, 10:33 PM
Hullo. New to the forums, been playing 3.5 for two years now, 4e for maybe 6 months. That's...all...?

ChakolitChip
2011-02-18, 11:07 PM
Hello
I have been on here for a while but have only just gotten around to making an account.
I play D&D 3.5 and read Order of the Stick.
uhh thats all I can think of to say

Savannah
2011-02-19, 01:43 AM
Man, everyone joins when I'm away and can't say hi immediately :smalltongue:

Hello, kinosaga, Annulus, and ChakolitChip! Welcome to the forum :smallsmile: More D&D players are always good :smallbiggrin:

icantsavemyself
2011-02-19, 01:43 AM
I've lurked around here for a while and only joined so I could post about friend naming all his characters Trogdor, though I've posted a few other things. I look at the homebrews quite a bit but I don't have anything of my own.

Savannah
2011-02-19, 02:04 AM
Hi, icantsavemyself! Welcome to the forum! :smallbiggrin:

Lurking Turnip
2011-02-19, 08:36 PM
Um. Hi, I guess?

Yeaah, so I've been a reader of OOTS for some time now. And I...may or may not have been lurking around these boards for some time, too. Ahem.

Not exactly sure why I decided to break my lurking today of all days, but here I am. So, yeah. Salutations and hello.

Savannah
2011-02-19, 08:40 PM
Hello, Lurking Turnip! (Your user name is making me laugh :smallamused: I love it!) Welcome to the forum :smallsmile:

AsteriskAmp
2011-02-19, 08:45 PM
Hello Lurking Turnip, welcome to the forums, hope you find it a nice, cosy place as many already have.

And rather strange user name, though rather funny.

Rob Roy
2011-02-20, 12:25 AM
Welcome Lurking Turnip! :smallsmile: Odd name, but funny. Is there a story behind it?

Xavier Lazarus
2011-02-21, 07:08 AM
Greetings from a friendly Dwarf Cleric! I recently finished the OOTS archive and enjoyed it so much that I though I would come join the community.

I regularly play D&D 3.5, Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay (2nd Ed) and Dark Heresy. I am also an avid tabletop Wargamer.

I'm looking forward to getting stuck into the forum and seeing what's on offer.

ShadowySilence
2011-02-21, 10:35 AM
Hello everyone new, glad to see new fresh zombies for the army faces! :smallbiggrin:

Spacefarer
2011-02-21, 08:36 PM
Hello, everybody. I read the entire archive when I was bored in Iraq in 2009, now I decided to join up and chat with like-minded people before I hit Afghanistan.

My D&D days have passed me by (4th edition? What's that?), but I thoroughly enjoy the jokes and style of OOTS and thought I'd hang out with other people who do as well.

Also, I'm a western RPG maniac.

So that's me, Spacefarer. Nice to meet you all.

Skeppio
2011-02-21, 08:40 PM
Welcome aboard, Spacefarer! :smallbiggrin:

Razgriez
2011-02-22, 12:29 AM
Hi there, new member, long time reader of OOTS, and Decade long player of DnD and other various table top RPGs and wargames. Glad to be here to talk about DnD, OOTS and other things.

Lord Raziere
2011-02-22, 09:59 AM
Hey there Razgriez....hey we have both have "Raz" in our names! Just like me and Raz Fox.

Jaynonymous
2011-02-22, 12:07 PM
hello. im new to the forums, but i have been reading the comics for a while, and i love them!

Perenelle
2011-02-22, 04:43 PM
hello. im new to the forums, but i have been reading the comics for a while, and i love them!

Hiya, welcome to the Playground! :smallbiggrin: Hope you enjoy the forums as much as I do. :smallsmile: *welcome hugs*

Strawberries
2011-02-23, 05:56 PM
Hello, new people!

Spacefarer, a lot of people here play previous edition of D&D :smallwink: (I'm a 3.5 edition gal, but I've seen 3rd, 2nd and even 1st edition games playd here. :smallsmile:).

Spacefarer
2011-02-23, 06:11 PM
Hello, new people!

Spacefarer, a lot of people here play previous edition of D&D :smallwink: (I'm a 3.5 edition gal, but I've seen 3rd, 2nd and even 1st edition games playd here. :smallsmile:).

Oh, I get that. I just meant that's how long it's been since I've rolled a character. :smallsmile: Although my short time here does have my fingers itching to break out those dice once again....

Bardic
2011-02-24, 11:48 PM
Ahem, ahem... Hello, GITP Forum members! I am Bardic (by name and by nature), a reader of OOTS (of course) and a geek-of-all-trades, or so I like to think. I have an interest in RPGs, gamer comics, and geekery of all kinds, and that is what has led me to your forum.

Savannah
2011-02-25, 12:14 AM
Hi, Bardic! Welcome to the forum :smallsmile: Your interests should fit in nicely here :smallwink:

Bardic
2011-02-25, 12:53 AM
Thank you for your welcome!

Savannah
2011-02-25, 12:57 AM
You're welcome for the welcome :smalltongue:

Let us know if you have any questions or anything like that!

deth_monky
2011-02-25, 03:48 PM
..........:furious:

Strawberries
2011-02-25, 03:49 PM
..........:furious:

Uhm...hello and welcome?

ThirdEmperor
2011-02-25, 03:51 PM
Hiya! Angry.... person.

Savannah
2011-02-25, 03:53 PM
Anything we can help with, deth_monky?

deth_monky
2011-02-25, 03:53 PM
yea friend said to be me

ThirdEmperor
2011-02-25, 03:55 PM
And then refused to let her mention his name. The friend in question would be me. :smalltongue:

deth_monky
2011-02-25, 03:57 PM
ohhhhh so he thinkks he can tell me to join and then run away mmmwwaaahhhhh......"poof disapears in a cloud of smoke".......

VarenTai
2011-02-25, 04:04 PM
Sheesh. *grumblegrumblegrumble*

I didn't realize my whole profile would be deleted if I went AWOL for a while.

Well, I'm back, sort of. Some may recall me, most won't. I'll post here and there as time and interest allows. :elan:

Anyhow, hidey-ho.

Strawberries
2011-02-25, 04:09 PM
Sheesh. *grumblegrumblegrumble*

I didn't realize my whole profile would be deleted if I went AWOL for a while.

Hello. Have you contacted an administrator about this? They may be able to help.

VarenTai
2011-02-25, 04:17 PM
Hello. Have you contacted an administrator about this? They may be able to help.

You know, I haven't. Though I suspect I may have just overwritten any previous info by signing up again. It's OK, I don't mind that much, just that my post count (which isn't that important anyway) got reset. :smalltongue:

deth_monky
2011-02-25, 04:30 PM
So what is this about all I know is my friend said i would have fun in a place like this Just don't know what im supose to be doing

Estea
2011-02-25, 04:53 PM
Hello! I am only new in an odd sense of the word. I have widely explored the forum but this is the first time I have actually posted. I have read through all of the past OOTS and continue to enjoy reading the new ones (and I wish they would come faster). I am a seasoned D&D player but I have never played any games online.

Strawberries
2011-02-25, 05:03 PM
Hello, Estea. Welcome!

So what is this about all I know is my friend said i would have fun in a place like this Just don't know what im supose to be doing

Well, if you just want to hang out and chat, there is the friendly banter (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29) subforum. If you like roleplaying games, there is a subforum just for that (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30). And do you want an rpg online here? The play by post (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51) is the subforum for you!

Also, check out all the other subforums....media, other gaming, silly message board games. :smallbiggrin:

MoonCat
2011-02-25, 09:48 PM

And there is also a webcomic to read. Why were you sent here? That might helps us send you to the correct slaughterhouse sub forum.

Dr. Psychosis
2011-02-26, 08:05 PM
Hiya, everyone. I just joined, so I posted here to say that I'm here and that I just joined.

Savannah
2011-02-26, 08:07 PM
Hi, Dr. Psychosis! Welcome to the forum :smallsmile:

Vella_Malachite
2011-02-27, 05:58 PM
Hey, Playgrounders!

I have no clue whether anyone remembers me or not, but I used to post here...oh, must be a year or so ago. Anyway, various things, such as Year 12 and social stuff, came down on me and I stopped posting for ages.

And now I've returned, because I miss you guys. So I thought I'd post to say hi again, and let's hope I don't leave for too long again :smalltongue:

- Vella

Mordokai
2011-02-27, 06:06 PM
Well I'll be damned(and I probably will be)... a face I actually remember.

Welcome back.

Anarion
2011-02-28, 12:42 AM
Hey everyone,

I've been lurking (and very infrequently posting) on these boards for about 3 years. I got sent here by a friend making a Miko comparison to our D&D game originally and was hooked pretty much instantly. Though somehow I've never checked this subforum the entire time I've been here.

Presently I'm a 1st year law student, and I think this comic is one of the few things keeping me sane:smallsigh:

Savannah
2011-02-28, 12:49 AM
Hi, Anarion! Welcome (formally) to the forum :smallsmile:

Firechanter
2011-02-28, 07:16 AM
Hello, Playground!
I've been lurking around here a while, and apart from following the OotS of course, I've been directed to these boards pretty often by Google results to D&D-related questions and found the discussions very helpful. Since my regular RPG forum is not overly active in the D&D 3.X section anymore, I eventually decided to register here.

Cheers!

Strawberries
2011-02-28, 02:01 PM
Hello, Firechanter! Lots of 3.x discussion (and games!) to be held here. :smallsmile:

Welcome!

Sardonic
2011-03-01, 01:17 AM
Hello, all! I wish to be friends with every one of you! :smallbiggrin:

I absolutely love OotS, and love the people and conversations I've seen while lurking about these forums. Thought it was about time to get in on this.

Savannah
2011-03-01, 01:22 AM
Hello and welcome to the forum, Sardonic! Glad you like it here already :smallbiggrin:

GeekGirl
2011-03-01, 03:43 PM
Greetings and Salutations, I just started reading OOTS (i love haley) but anyway. Your forums seem like a fun place, so here i am ^_^

A Rainy Knight
2011-03-01, 03:46 PM
Hi GeekGirl! Yep, these forums are indeed a fun place. I'd recommend the Silly Message Board Games myself, but I hope you enjoy yourself here wherever you choose to spend your time! :smallbiggrin:

MGCorey
2011-03-01, 06:46 PM
Hello, I have been lurking about the site (especially the comics section) for the past week and a half before deciding to register. I have been a regular D&D player for about four years now, so I figured all the better to be on this forum.

Savannah
2011-03-01, 06:51 PM
Hey, GeekGirl and MGCorey! Welcome to the forum :smallsmile: It's a good place for geeks and D&D players, so I hope you have fun here!

Dushara
2011-03-01, 11:52 PM
Hi everybody! I just LOVE the OOTS comics, and figured I might as well join the forum as well; seems like lots of nice people here. :smallsmile:

Skeppio
2011-03-01, 11:58 PM
Welcome to the forum, Dushara! :smallsmile:

Major
2011-03-02, 01:26 AM
Hey, I'm new. I've read, stalked, and followed the boards for about a year or two and finally decided I might as well register already. Not sure I'll post much, but this is a step :P

Savannah
2011-03-02, 01:35 AM
Hey, Major! Always nice to see a former lurker give in to the inescapable call of the forum .....Err, I mean, welcome to the forum :smalltongue: Me? Feeling silly today? I don't know what you could mean!

super dark33
2011-03-02, 08:51 AM
RUN AWAY FAST BEFO.. There is no mind-control citizen, please go back to your fun.

LaZodiac
2011-03-02, 10:18 AM
Hello everyone! I'm fairly new to using forums and stuff, I don't even know how to make a custom avatar thing (not that I mind)

I'm going to be straight. I came here to hopefully make some friends, because I'm been feeling pretty bad lately. I hope I can make some good friends here =)

Savannah
2011-03-02, 12:02 PM
Hi, LaZodiac! Welcome to the forum :smallsmile: I've made a number of friends here, so I can definitely say it's good for that!

Padrona
2011-03-02, 02:15 PM
Good afternoon all - This looks like a friendly place!:smallsmile:

Savannah
2011-03-02, 02:21 PM
Good afternoon, Padrona! It is a friendly place indeed :smallsmile: Hope you like it here!

Padrona
2011-03-02, 03:07 PM
Good afternoon, Padrona! It is a friendly place indeed :smallsmile: Hope you like it here!

That's so nice of you. I'll look around a bit, see if I can find my way around.
Thanks!

Dragunova
2011-03-02, 04:50 PM
This place seems nice and friendly towards a nerdmo such as myself! :D

I started reading OOTS some years ago, lost track, heard of it again, and looked through the forums a liiiittle bit. Lappy9000 has played the DM to my PC for a few years now.

I suppose there isn't much to know about me other than the fact I like to play bards. And monsters. But not at the same time. :B

I have a half-lizardfolk race I'm tweaking for a one-shot (yeah, I'm hardcore, what? :P), I'll probably post it for a critique somewhere down the road.

Anyway, I'm off to go lurk now. Can't wait to get to know you all!

Strawberries
2011-03-02, 05:06 PM
Welcome, Dragunova! :smallsmile:

Killer Angel
2011-03-03, 03:42 AM
I suppose there isn't much to know about me other than the fact I like to play bards. And monsters. But not at the same time. :B

Don't limit yourself, my dear!
...after all, you have an affinity for playing monster PCs, right? :smalltongue:

Welcome aboard. :smallsmile:

D Johnston
2011-03-03, 05:55 PM
Hello, all. Long time reader (c. 2007), first time poster. I suspect I'll be mostly lurking, though I will occasionally drop in to add some wit to a discussion or engage in a bit of self-promotion. Maybe I'll try to get back into role-playing (it's only been ten years since I've done it :smallamused:).

Greyv
2011-03-03, 11:53 PM
Hello, I'm Grey. I hope to see all of you around.

Savannah
2011-03-04, 12:02 AM
Hi, D Johnston and Greyv! Welcome to the forum :smallsmile:

Shapurnippal
2011-03-04, 04:46 AM
Hello there.

... Well, back to my lurking.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2011-03-05, 02:49 PM
Hello there.

... Well, back to my lurking.

I love your name. Babylonian king's name, no? Either way, welcome!

Shapurnippal
2011-03-05, 04:53 PM
I made it up on the spot one day for a character. But yeah, it's very much faux-Assyrian/Babylonian.

MrSmooth27
2011-03-05, 08:10 PM
Hello, everyone.

I actually found this site through the TF2 server, but I've also played some D&D, although I've seldom found opportunities. I definitely prefer spell-casters to other classes, and generally prefer wizards to sorcerers. (If they had the patience to read my book, they'd know why.)

I'm also somewhat interested in game design, though not as a career. It's interesting to see how games effect emotional responses in gamers.

I'll see you all on the forums where I have something to contribute.

Theoboldi
2011-03-05, 08:24 PM
Hi there, guys.
I've been lurking this forum for a while now and now decided to join.
I'll probably still be mostly lurking but I'll try to contribute whereever I can.

Nix Nihila
2011-03-05, 09:49 PM
Hello people! I've been reading oots and lurking around for quite some time, but I thought it was high time I made an account.

Anyway, I look forward to sharing my geeky experiences with you/hearing about your geeky experiences (other types of experiences too!).

Asthix
2011-03-05, 09:56 PM
Welcome MrSmooth27!

Salutations Theoboldi!

Felicitations Nix Nihila!

May your playgrounding be fruitful. :smallsmile:

Guywiththecoat
2011-03-06, 12:00 AM
This web comic was shown to me by a friend last week... I was up to date in three days. I have a grey coat. My alignment is chao... none of your business and... I think that's it.

Oh yeah, hello.

Skeppio
2011-03-06, 12:10 AM
A big welcome to all our recent additions! Hope you enjoy your stay on the forums! :smallsmile:

CyganAngel
2011-03-06, 12:55 AM
Hello.

My name is Cygan.

I was told about this site by a couple of my friends.

Uh, I'm a newbie Roleplayer- I've only been playing since early January.

I like playing as a Paladin. And before you flinch away >_>

I'm not stupid about it.

Anyway, seeyas 'round.

MoonCat
2011-03-06, 12:59 AM
Hello.

My name is Cygan.

I was told about this site by a couple of my friends.

Uh, I'm a newbie Roleplayer- I've only been playing since early January.

I like playing as a Paladin. And before you flinch away >_>

I'm not stupid about it.

Anyway, seeyas 'round.

Welcome Cygan! I'm sure you'll have fun.

CyganAngel
2011-03-06, 01:02 AM
Thanks!

~tries to figure out how she broke her avatar~

Recaiden
2011-03-06, 02:24 AM
Welcome to the Playground, Cygan and all.

Sen isSaqqara
2011-03-06, 08:23 PM
Hello all. I'm mainly here to look into play-by-posts, and for the demotivationals threads someone linked me to.

Savannah
2011-03-06, 08:30 PM
Hi, DreamingMage! Welcome to the forum :smallsmile: You picked some good sections to be interested in!

Hello also to Shapurnippal, MrSmooth27, Theoboldi, Nix Nihila, Guywiththecoat, and CyganAngel - basically everyone I didn't get a chance to say hi to :smalltongue:

CyganAngel
2011-03-06, 10:23 PM
Thanks, Savannah.

Karrnathi
2011-03-07, 01:29 AM
Long time reader/lurker, Joining to get some advice for a couple of games I'm in and maybe start in a play-by-post.

Strawberries
2011-03-07, 01:35 AM
Hello, Karrnathi. Play-by-post are a lot of fun.
Welcome to the forum!

Bovine Colonel
2011-03-07, 06:42 PM
I've been reading/lurking for quite a while. Thought I'd hop in.

Rob Roy
2011-03-07, 09:54 PM
*Clears throat"
Welcome Drahcir!

Have a nice stay!

kaiserthe3rd
2011-03-08, 02:23 PM
I've lurked here for little over a year now and have posted a few things off and on but I figured I would actually say hello to everyone officially.

So, Hello!

Rob Roy
2011-03-08, 11:30 PM
Welcome Kaiserthe3rd! :smallbiggrin:

The Evil Moose
2011-03-09, 01:14 AM
Just joined the forums. I've never roleplayed or anything mainly because it's hard to find people at my school who do and the ones I have met are usually a tad nutty. But I found out about these forums when I saw one of my teachers browsing here so I decided to check it out and I think it's pretty cool ad the community seems pretty nice and intelligent.

Rob Roy
2011-03-09, 01:19 AM
Welcome Evil Moose! :smallbiggrin:

Everything you just said happens to be true.

Savannah
2011-03-09, 01:23 AM
Hi, The Evil Moose! Welcome to the forum :smallsmile: If you're interested in roleplaying, you might want to check out the pbp section (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3) of the forum. The Finding Players section has recruitment for a lot of games, in various systems. There's also the Free Form Roleplaying section (under Silly Message Board Games), which I've never really looked at, but should have less structured games.

Kirbot
2011-03-09, 08:38 PM
Hey-o! Long-time lurker of these boards, registered last year but never posted. Been reading OotS for years. Decided it was about time I crawled out of the shadows to prey upon the unwary say hi.

Anyway, I love OatS. Especially in the morning. With raisins.

I guess I should add that love OotS, too. Just not with raisins.

Savannah
2011-03-09, 08:42 PM
Hi, Kirbot! Welcome to the forum :smallsmile: Run, it's a trap! Once you come out of the shadows and get involved, you can never go back! :smalltongue:

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2011-03-09, 08:43 PM
Hi, Kirbot! Welcome to the forum :smallsmile: Run, it's a trap! Once you come out of the shadows and get involved, you can never go back! :smalltongue:

Don't listen to her!
(We're nice people, we swear...) :smallwink:

MatthewWilliams
2011-03-10, 01:34 AM
Woooah. Being tired is like being high, except I've never been high so I can only guess.

My friend told me to check out this forum, so I lurked for about six seconds before seeing the Minecraft thread and signing up. I also really like OotS, so that's something.

I'm trying to be coherent, but I don't think it's working. :/

Rob Roy
2011-03-10, 01:38 AM
We would like to welcome you to the playground. We hope you enjoy you're stay. We believe you will have fun here.

Welcome to the Playground!:smallbiggrin:

Savannah
2011-03-10, 01:39 AM
Hi, MatthewWilliams! Welcome to the forum! You still sound look perfectly coherent to me. Then again, I'm pretty tired, so.... :smalltongue:

Strawberries
2011-03-10, 01:42 AM
Also, we have a bit of (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189846) silliness (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190277) going on at the moment, so don't worry about the people with identical avatars and signatures.

*In a stern voice* BAD Rob Roy! No confusing the newcomers!

Welcome to the playground!

DilutingJuice
2011-03-10, 01:48 PM
Long time lurker just thought I'd pop by and say hi!

Savannah
2011-03-10, 08:06 PM
Hi, DilutingJuice! Welcome to the forum :smallsmile:

Awaking
2011-03-11, 12:26 AM
HEYYYYYYYYYYYYYY EVERYBODY! I'm new here and thought i should say hey. What's up in the playgrounds?:smallsmile:

Savannah
2011-03-11, 12:28 AM
Hi, Awaking! Welcome to the forum :smallsmile: And in answer to your question... *looks up* I'm going to go with "the ceiling" :smalltongue:

ShadowySilence
2011-03-12, 02:09 PM
Hello newcomer's, welcome to GitP! :smallbiggrin:

If you are on the look out for plunder and the like, please consider becoming a member of THE HORDE!!! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190567)

Hussam B.
2011-03-12, 05:52 PM
Hello all :)

Savannah
2011-03-12, 05:56 PM
Hello, Hussam B! Welcome to the forum :smallsmile:

Seppha
2011-03-13, 02:32 PM
Hello :smallsmile:

Savannah
2011-03-13, 02:46 PM
Hi, Seppha! Welcome to the forum :smallsmile:

balt11t
2011-03-13, 09:00 PM
Hey guys,
I'm Taylor Skidmore, a friend of echoes. He recruited me here. I play D&D. Lots of D&D. My friends and I have mostly moved on to 4.0e, but I like to play 3.5 on the net too. I play the French Horn in my high school's concert band.

That's about it, I don't do much else.

Oh! I like to program some

WhiskElement
2011-03-13, 09:51 PM
Hey all. Sounds like a broken record, but I love OotS and I'm new here! Nice to meet you all.

Strawberries
2011-03-14, 12:52 AM
Hello, balt11t and WhiskElement! Welcome! This is a nice place to be.

Rob Roy
2011-03-14, 01:48 AM
Hello, balt11t and WhiskElement! Welcome! This is a nice place to be.

This is true. Welcome all new members! :smallsmile: