PDA

View Full Version : Looking for puppet master type class

Samiam303
2010-06-15, 10:47 PM
So I'm starting up a game, and I'm looking for a custom class for one of the players in my game. I'm looking for something in the vein of a puppet master, but none of the puppet master/puppeteer type classes I've found so far seem to quite match what we're trying to make. The classes I've found so far seem to focus on making small animated puppets that you control remotely... what my player is thinking of is more the ability to create a puppet-like shell which he can get inside, and control through something like psionics. Many of the puppet classes offer a feature allowing the character to occupy a puppet, but they're all not offered until really high levels since that's not the main focus of the class... by the time you're able to occupy a puppet the puppets are really powerful.
I don't feel like being able to occupy a shell is THAT overpowered of an ability for the first few levels of a class, assuming it doesn't give particularly good bonuses... Does anyone know of a class that's anything like this?

zenanarchist
2010-06-15, 10:52 PM
If you're after something you can get inside try the Dungeoneering class? I can't remember the link though!

DragoonWraith
2010-06-15, 10:58 PM
Personally, I'd do this by treating the player's race as mechanically Warforged, but say he's actually a small-ish race inside the Warforged controlling it. Refluff some classes like Warforged Juggernaut or Fleshwarper or Renegade Mastermaker, and you could probably do pretty well with it.

Fable Wright
2010-06-15, 11:26 PM
one question: was your inspiration for this class a character from Naruto?

PersonMan
2010-06-15, 11:45 PM
Couldn't you just use one of those classes, but just say that he's inside the puppet, rather than controlling it from the outside?

Mulletmanalive
2010-06-16, 01:41 AM
If you want a puppet you can get inside, the Professor class in Le Cirque Funeste in my sig can be used by simply ignoring the defence progression, refitting the Fort save to a standard Poor save and using the Squirrel Hole Puppet feat.

The class may well be a little underpowered to D&D eyes, but it's the best i can offer.