PDA

View Full Version : End of exams, tests, etc

rakkoon
2010-06-16, 07:24 AM
Actually I'm working but I was following a course, just finished my final assignment for that so no more homework for me!

Anybody else that has had his/her last exam / test recently?

Elder Tsofu
2010-06-16, 07:30 AM
Yup, about 2 weeks ago.
Can't wait till the next semester. :smallsmile:

Syka
2010-06-16, 07:31 AM
Yesterday, I turned in my last paper and tomorrow I have my last exam for my Marketing Management course. <3 Since it was a class of only 6 people plus the teacher, we might all be going to dinner after the test.

I loved the class, though. I'm going to be working with that teacher on some papers (hopefully that will be published soon...with me as a co-author!), though, and I've got an internship I'm doing up at the school so...yeah. Exams and other such items are over with, but my school work is not, lol.

rakkoon
2010-06-16, 07:36 AM
Doing what you love to do! I'm happy for you.

My aunt was born on the first day of school and then became a teacher. I never understood that.

So you all have two/three months of vacation to look forward too?

Mucho envy

Volthawk
2010-06-16, 07:39 AM
I haven't finished yet :smallfrown:.

I still have 2 proper tests and about 3 mocks to go.

rakkoon
2010-06-16, 07:47 AM
What's a mock test?
I know the word but that would imply it is not real and you don't have to do it.

Syka
2010-06-16, 07:50 AM
Yeah, it's about 2 months. I'm loving marketing, hating some of my other business classes with a passion. Marketing is a lot of psychology, which I did a concentration in when I was an undergrad. I loved it to death, especially social psychology.

Finance, Economics, etc? Pffft. Last semester was utter hell. I'm...glad it's over. (No, seriously, from about the end of February until the beginning of May I did almost nothing else but study, work, and take care of necessities.) I'm so not cut out for stuff like that, lol.

That is really funny about your aunt. :) Hey, at least she loves it.

Mauve Shirt
2010-06-16, 08:48 AM
I have my two exams tomorrow. I will spend today finishing up the final painting for art, and studying for my cumulative classics test. Then next week I begin the second summer session, featuring Public Speaking, and Individual Exercise.

Syka
2010-06-16, 09:02 AM
I have my two exams tomorrow. I will spend today finishing up the final painting for art, and studying for my cumulative classics test. Then next week I begin the second summer session, featuring Public Speaking, and Individual Exercise.

Classics as in...Latin and Greek? Or Classics as in literature/art/whathaveyou?

Lillith
2010-06-16, 09:32 AM
Well I finished my education last Monday, but I still have 5 more weeks of internship to go. Cause I´m on contract. After that I´ll have 2 months of vacation though. =D

Volthawk
2010-06-16, 09:33 AM
What's a mock test?
I know the word but that would imply it is not real and you don't have to do it.

Practice tests. We have the proper version of those ones next year.

rakkoon
2010-06-16, 09:37 AM
I see, failing those would theoretically not be that bad but it won't win you any favours with the teachers.

Two months...I remember when I had three months of vacation and the third month I was bored out of my mind. Didn't have a car, never cooked/shopped for myself and was stuck with my mother in a caravan. I remember thinking that I wanted to stash that month and pick it up later.

It's later now :smallamused: . Mah, got two weeks of vacation coming up, is good enough for me.

Volthawk
2010-06-16, 09:39 AM
I see, failing those would theoretically not be that bad but it won't win you any favours with the teachers.

Yeah, pretty much. I think it also affects the sets you're in and stuff.

rakkoon
2010-06-16, 09:43 AM
I suggest exchange programmes! I went to England for five months and those were the highest grades I've ever gotten. I even got a 18/20 on a test in which I'm sure I had the last question wrong, which means all the rest was 100% right. Which cannot be true, they just grade foreign exchange students differently apparently.

So now all we need is a plan ... can you do a French accent?

Volthawk
2010-06-16, 09:47 AM
I suggest exchange programmes! I went to England for five months and those were the highest grades I've ever gotten. I even got a 18/20 on a test in which I'm sure I had the last question wrong, which means all the rest was 100% right. Which cannot be true, they just grade foreign exchange students differently apparently.

So now all we need is a plan ... can you do a French accent?

Well, let's just say I don't do accents.

Anyways, I'll do fine with them. They're stuff I'm mostly good at anyway.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-06-16, 08:59 PM
Stupid state Regents. They're an annoyance more than anything else. Done on Tuesday, thank GOD.

Partof1
2010-06-16, 09:58 PM
I am finished classes, and only have 2 exams to go! I loved grade ten, and now I'm pretty sure I've got the hang of high school. Just a test tomorrow, another tuesday, and then I get to enjoy a summer of work, camping, and partying with people I haven't known before.

arguskos
2010-06-16, 10:26 PM
I start school again in a few weeks (the 28th). :smallsigh: And the long break is over. Need to find work too. Haven't been looking recently, need to do that more. :smallsigh:

Oh well. The grind is the grind, yes?

rakkoon
2010-06-17, 03:24 AM
Stupid state Regents. They're an annoyance more than anything else. Done on Tuesday, thank GOD.

Google to the rescue!
Our state had a regent once but I had a feeling you were talking about something different :smallsmile:

Mauve Shirt
2010-06-17, 07:38 AM
Classics as in...Latin and Greek? Or Classics as in literature/art/whathaveyou?

Classics as in Greek and Roman myths and legends. Today's test will be on Homer's epic cycle.

KuReshtin
2010-06-17, 08:04 AM
Classics as in Greek and Roman myths and legends. Today's test will be on Homer's epic cycle.

What was so epic about his cycle? Was it really pimped out with gilded spokes and carbon fiber frame and had flames painted on it?:smallbiggrin:

http://rookery3.aviary.com/storagev12/1729000/1729422_0bbb_600x1000.jpg

Mauve Shirt
2010-06-17, 11:01 AM
Totally didn't fail that test!

What was so epic about his cycle? Was it really pimped out with gilded spokes and carbon fiber frame and had flames painted on it?:smallbiggrin:

http://rookery3.aviary.com/storagev12/1729000/1729422_0bbb_600x1000.jpg

:smalltongue: Actually, my mind went with the menstrual cycle first.

Lioness
2010-06-18, 02:03 AM
:smalltongue: Actually, my mind went with the menstrual cycle first.

Hah. Likewise.

The end of my exams is not for a couple of weeks: they start next wednesday.

Volthawk
2010-06-18, 02:04 AM
I'm doing one today :smalleek:

rakkoon
2010-06-18, 04:44 AM
Good luck Dude