PDA

View Full Version : Opinion on this ..

braxsus
2010-06-16, 12:16 PM
Planning on Evil necromancer BBEG in his Stronghold using Magic jar on big dumb barbarians as "HOSTs" I have stored and buffed to the hilt with extended spells and placed Temporal Stasis ..

Based on the wording of Temporal Stasis " For the creature, time ceases to flow and its condition becomes fixed" I am ruling that the Buff duration count stops as well..

Any arguments against this?

Eldariel
2010-06-16, 12:49 PM
Seems fine. Just be careful not to eviscerate your players; well-played Wizard tend to be brutal if players aren't on the same level of skill and wits.

Another_Poet
2010-06-16, 12:50 PM
Based on the wording of Temporal Stasis " For the creature, time ceases to flow and its condition becomes fixed" I am ruling that the Buff duration count stops as well..

Any arguments against this?

As long as it is a targeted spell placed on the barbarian itself then it should stop with Temporal Stasis. A blanket buff however would continue to tick down even if one or all of the creatures under its effect are in stasis.

Also consider some kind of contingency to simply Dominate the barbarians and release them all at once. Having a supply of hosts for your soul is nice, bit sometimes having a small army of high-level mind-controlled barbarians is nice too.

braxsus
2010-06-16, 01:43 PM
As long as it is a targeted spell placed on the barbarian itself .
yup yup

Also consider some kind of contingency to simply Dominate the barbarians

Contingency only works on Spells targeting Self, So dominate won't work since it targets another..Also, its only a single target..no Army

Another_Poet
2010-06-16, 02:04 PM
Contingency only works on Spells targeting Self, So dominate won't work since it targets another..Also, its only a single target..no Army

Sorry, I meant, "have a contingency plan" not "use Contingency".

Store a wondrous item with them that casts Dominate Person on the nearest person in range once per round. As soon as the whole room is de-stasised it starts dominating them with your pre-defined instructions (probably just "Serve the BBEG obediently").

For cheaper make the room an auto-resetting trap of Dominate Person activated by pressure on the floor. It will dominate until the last barbarian has left the room. Now cue tippyverse comments.

ap