PDA

View Full Version : Mystic Theurgy [3.5 Feats] (PEACH)

DragoonWraith
2010-06-16, 02:54 PM
Mystic Theurgy
Prerequisites
Ability to cast 2nd level Arcane spells
Ability to cast 2nd level Divine spells
Benefits
Choose a class which allows you to cast 2nd level Arcane spells, and a class which allows you to cast 2nd level Divine spells. Levels in either class in excess of those levels required to cast 2nd level spells counts as levels in both classes for the purposes of caster level, spells per day, and spells known. Levels in either class grants no other features of the other class.

In addition, your Caster Level in each class increases by 2; this benefit cannot increase your Caster Level to higher than your Hit Dice. However, even if you can't benefit from the full bonus immediately, if you later gain Hit Dice in levels of nonspellcasting classes, you might be able to apply the rest of the bonus.

For example, a Wizard 3/Cleric 3 chooses Mystic Theurgy as his 6th level feat. If at 7th he takes a level of Wizard, he gains his normal Wizard class features, including Wizard spells, and also gains additional Cleric spells. Because he has taken a level of Wizard, his Familiar (if any) gains improved bonuses, but his effective level for the purposes of Turn or Rebuke Undead remains the same. In any case, his Caster Level for either class is 6 - 3 for the levels in each class, 1 each for the level of Wizard beyond that necessary for 2nd level spells, and 2 each due to the Caster Level bonus offered by this feat.

Special
You may choose this class more than once, but its benefits do not stack. Instead, you may choose to pair another two classes that can cast 2nd level spells, or you may choose to add a third class to any existing pair, whose levels in excess of those required to cast 2nd level spells stack with the other two in the same way. Newly chosen classes also gain the increase to Caster Level, but no class can receive that benefit more than once.

Practiced Theurge
Prerequisites
Ability to cast spells from more than one class
Benefit
Choose two different spellcasting classes in which you have levels. Your Caster Level for each of these classes is increased by 2. This benefit cannot increase your Caster Level to higher than your Hit Dice. However, even if you can't benefit from the full bonus immediately, if you later gain Hit Dice in levels of nonspellcasting classes, you might be able to apply the rest of the bonus.

Special
You may choose this feat more than once, but its benefits do not stack. Instead, choose a different pair of classes to gain the benefits.

Devoted Theurgy
Prerequisites
Ability to cast 2nd level Arcane spells
Ability to cast 2nd level Divine spells
Mystic Theurgy
Benefit
Choose one prestige class that advances spellcasting (that is, has levels which gain "+1 level of existing spellcasting class", "+1 level of existing Arcane spellcasting class", and/or "+1 level of existing spellcasting class). At each level that advances spellcasting besides the first, this class advances the spellcasting of both classes you have chosen for Mystic Theurgy. That is, whenever you gain increases to caster level, spells per day, or spells known for one of these classes, excepting the first level of the prestige class to do so, you also gain the same increase to the other class.

Special
You may not choose a prestige class that already advances the class features of more than one class. You may choose this feat more than once, allowing you to choose another prestige class to gain dual-progression in.

Basically, feat tax instead of a prestige class for theurgy. I think it's fairly interesting, myself.

Kobold-Bard
2010-06-16, 04:39 PM
I actally made my Mystic Theurge with a capstone that was identical to Devoted Theurgy.

I like these, sorry I have nothing constructive to add.

DragoonWraith
2010-06-16, 05:26 PM
Yeah, I've done that too (see my Cerebremancer), but I wanted to do something little different. I considered a 3 or 5 level prestige class with no class features except that capstone, but that's a little boring, so I figure this is about the same.

Lix Lorn
2010-06-16, 05:53 PM
Is this my fault? XD

Thrice Dead Cat
2010-06-16, 06:21 PM
This is interesting. I like the basic premise of it, but I'm not terribly sure how it'll work. I mean, most early entries end up eating feats to qualify for MT, so it's kind of different, but in a good way.