PDA

View Full Version : Zavier 3.5 Planar Race. PEACH!

Frog Dragon
2010-06-16, 04:13 PM
The Zavier
Zavier are a race of peculiar small creatures dwelling on the astral plane. They are experienced natives in dealing with the astral plane as well as being natural spellcasters.
Zavier are, on average, about 4'8 tall, and they are thin and rather lanky. Their body, however, conceals levels of hardiness one would not guess from such a build, and they are understandably agile. They tend to be rather distrustful of outsiders however.
Zavier usually have slightly wrinkled blue skin, and their faces are flat and squarish shaped.
The higher orders of zavier heirarchy usually have a fair amount of trade going, despite the typical zavier's attidue, perhaps in part due to their natural ability at spellcasting.

Medium Outsider
Zavier, 1st level Warrior
Hit Dice: 1d8+2 (6 hp)
Initiative: +5
Speed: 30ft
Armor Class: 15 (+3 Studded Leather, +1 Natural, +1 Dex), touch 11, Flat Footed 14
Base Attack/Grapple: +1/+2
Attack: Scimitar +2 Melee (1d6+1/18-20 x2) or Shortbow +2 Ranged (1d6/x3)
Full Attack: Scimitar +2 Melee (1d6+1/18-20 x2) or Shortbow +2 Ranged (1d6/x3)
Space/Reach: 5ft/5ft
Special Attacks: None
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60ft
Saves: Fort +4, Ref +2, Will -1
Abilites: Str 13, Dex 13, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 9, Cha 6
Skills: Spot +1, Listen +1
Feats: Improved Initiative
Environment: The Astral Plane
Organization: Group 6-7
Challenge Rating: 1/2
Treasure: Standard
Alingment: Usually neutral (any)
Advancement: By character class
Level Adjustment: +1

For PC:s
Dex +2, Con +2, Cha -2
Medium Size
Darkvision 60ft
A Zavier counts any mental stat as having a +2 racial modifier for the purpose of spellcasting. This replaces the -2 to charisma for the purpose of spellcasting.
Zavier are experienced in moving in the astral plane. When in the astral plane, they can move 10ft further than they normally could. (See Manual of the Planes)
+1 Natural Armor

DragonOfUndeath
2010-06-16, 09:37 PM
great race frog dragon. where did you get the idea?

demidracolich
2010-06-16, 09:39 PM
Neat, good LA+1 race.

Frog Dragon
2010-06-17, 05:14 AM
The idea came when I was thinking what would live in the astral plane (since its likely to be relevant in a game I'm running). I then came up with these guys after trying to fit goblins in there. I'm not really sure what I was thinking, but the actual idea came from goblins.

Morph Bark
2010-06-17, 06:04 AM
A Zavier counts any mental stat as having a +2 racial modifier for the purpose of spellcasting. This replaces the -2 to charisma for the purpose of spellcasting.

Is this for all of counting bonus spells per day as well as DCs? I take it at least this doesn't effectively increase your Cha score to allow you to cast spells if you otherwise have a below-10 Cha score and are a Cha-based caster, otherwise this race might need another small bonus and go up to LA+2.

Frog Dragon
2010-06-17, 06:32 AM
Is this for all of counting bonus spells per day as well as DCs? I take it at least this doesn't effectively increase your Cha score to allow you to cast spells if you otherwise have a below-10 Cha score and are a Cha-based caster, otherwise this race might need another small bonus and go up to LA+2.
Actually, it's intended to do just that, but I don't see the problem. The bonus is useful only to a caster, who is quite disadvantaged from even that one lost level. Currently, it's viable for most builds. If I do that, its not going to be viable for much anything.
Gaining an effective +2 to Con, Dex and Casting stat + natural armor and darkvision.. I'd say that's about par for +1 LA.