PDA

View Full Version : Jerky internet problem

thorgrim29
2010-06-16, 07:16 PM
Hey, I just bought a new computer, and while it works like a charm when playing a game or using word and such, for some reason when I'm using the Internet (latest version of firefox) it's sort of jerky, especially while I'm watching videos on youtube and such, but it also happened twice while I was typing this. There's this sort of lag every 30 seconds or so, and then it catches up until the next time. I'm thinking I'm missing some software since it's only an internet problem, but have no clue what, thus my asking. Any thoughts?

Thanks

edit: Huh, seems I had a ip radio open on pause, and it was causing the problem, still I wonder why that was.

Erloas
2010-06-16, 07:22 PM
Does it happen right away, or do you have to use the computer for a long period of time before it starts happening? If you close firefox and open it again does it start doing it again right away or only after a time?
If its just in Firefox have you tried IE or Opera to see if it also happens there?

Jokasti
2010-06-16, 07:25 PM
Do you have IE or Chrome? Do you have this problem on other browsers? You might want to reinstall Firefox or get a stable version, or switch completely and get Chrome.

Shas aia Toriia
2010-06-16, 09:16 PM
Do you have IE or Chrome? Do you have this problem on other browsers? You might want to reinstall Firefox or get a stable version, or switch completely and get Chrome.

Yeah, I have to agree with Jokasti.
Chrome is the way to go.