PDA

View Full Version : [4e] Moogles

DiscipleofBob
2010-06-17, 03:28 AM
Moogle

Adorable but ingenious masters of their trade.

Average Height: 2'5'' - 3'0''
Average Weight: 35 – 40 lbs.

Ability Scores: +2 Intelligence, +2 Charisma
Size: Small
Speed: 5 squares
Vision: Normal

Lanugages: Common, choice of one other
Skill Bonuses: +2 Arcana, +2 Diplomacy
Group Diplomacy: All allies you can see gain a +1 bonus to Diplomacy.
Mog Magic: You gain a +2 racial bonus to skill checks to perform either Alchemy or Rituals, chosen at 1st level.
Little Red Wings: You can fly 4 squares as a move action. You must end this move on a solid surface.
Friend to All: You gain the Friend to All racial power.

Friend to All
Encounter Charm
Standard Action Close Burst 5
Target: All enemies in burst.
Attack: Charisma +2 vs. Will
Effect: The target treats you as an ally and cannot attack you until you make an attack against the target or until the end of your next turn.

Moogles are widely known for their far reach and their influence in economies across the world. Easily recognizable, moogles are intelligent and friendly, but no less courageous than the rest of their adventuring peers. Specializing in the magical arts, the moogles have a widespread network and are at the forefront of the cutting edge of the magic and technology.

Play a moogle if you want...

To get along with just about any other race.
To be intelligent, diplomatic, and have a natural affinity for magic
To be a member of a race that favors the Wizard, Bard, Artificer, or Psion classes.

DiscipleofBob
2010-06-17, 03:31 AM
This post reserved for feats and maybe a racial paragon path sometime later.

Anyway, of all the Final Fantasy races, this is really the one that doesn't need a real introduction. I'll have the whole physical qualities etc. flavor tacked on later.

For the record, these moogles aren't from any game in specific, but meant to encompass their existence throughout the games.

So far, not really playtested, so I'll have to see if their abilities are broken or even work the way they're supposed to.

Waargh!
2010-06-17, 04:33 AM
I would suggest an non-attack racial ability, just to make it more interesting. Alternatively make yours a Minor action so you can act w/o getting attack and not wasting your standard action just to delay.

Friend to All
Encounter Charm
Minor Action * Close Burst 5
Target: All enemies in burst.
Effect: Until the end of the next turn, whenever a target's abilities would have an effect on one or more of its allies, you can make a Charisma vs Will as a free action once for each target. If you hit, then consider yourself the targets ally for receiving the effect. If it targets a limited amount of targets (even one) the target of this attack has to choose you if you are in range.

The Little Red Wings ability is game-breaking l at the starting levels. Make it an encounter ability like
Little Red Wings
Move Action
Effect: You can fly up to your speed, but you have to end on a solid surface

Or an At-Will
Little Red Wings
Move Action
Effect: You can fly up to 2 squares, but you have to end on a solid surface

So, either you can fly but wait 5m to use this again or limit the distance. I say it is game-breaking because you would have access to areas that no-one else would have. A 5m delay to get the power back is a reasonable penalty. The 2 squares limitation is as well.

Gruffard
2010-06-17, 08:41 AM
So, either you can fly but wait 5m to use this again or limit the distance. I say it is game-breaking because you would have access to areas that no-one else would have. A 5m delay to get the power back is a reasonable penalty. The 2 squares limitation is as well.

I made a conversion of the Raptorian race from 3.x Races of the wild race to 4e. and I agree that giving flight on demand is a bit off at early levels. I would suggest to do the encounter power and make a paragon feat for it becoming at-will if you really want it to be.