PDA

View Full Version : 4e Sorcerer/Bard

trajet
2010-06-17, 08:21 AM
Hey everyone,

I'm going to be playing in a game, hopefully within the next week or so and I just wanted some advice on the best way to advance a sorcerer multiclassed into bard. We're starting at 5th level and I already have that statted up, I'll put it below this.

Looking for item suggestions, powers, feats, what to do with bard stuff. My character is a fast talking person who can get out of anything, so I'm sure my build is probably not optimized that well as far as feats go and stuff, but thats his flavor that I'm going with. Thanks in advance.

Fin Wight (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=216519), Changeling Sorcerer/Bard
Init +5 HP 44/44 Bloodied 22 Healing Surge 11 (0 used /7)
AC 17 Fort 14 Reflex 16 Will 20 Speed 6
Str 8 (-1) Con 12 (+1) Dex 16 (+3) Int 15 (+2) Wis 10 (0) Cha 19 (+4)
'Acid Orb - At-will', 'Changeling Disguise - Racial At-will', 'Spectral Claw - Encounter', 'Chromatic Orb - Daily', 'Majestic Word - MC Daily', 'Chaos Bolt - At-will', 'Frostbind - Encounter', 'Changeling Trick - Racial Encounter', 'Acidic Implantation - Daily', 'Unseen Aid - Encounter (Utility)'
Notes

Kurald Galain
2010-06-17, 08:48 AM
Your character gets little mileage out of intelligence; I would recommend dumping it and putting the points in dex, con, or cha.

It would be nice to have an area effect at-will; Blazing Starfall is excellent.

For a sorcerer, damage boosting items and feats are good. Also, White Lotus Riposte, Implement Expertise, and anything that gives you resistances.

trajet
2010-06-17, 10:30 AM
My stats are locked in and I'd only be removing 2 from the 15 because i need 13 for my linguist feat. I have decent saves, so it doesnt bother me much. As for blazing starfall, at level 5 my max damage with it is 12, nice, but acid orb and chaos bolt seem much more handy. Focused dps takes down one at a time, but it will reduce the number of opponents in less hits.

I dont think my DM will allow Dragon magazine.

I'm not really trying to optimize damage as much as I am looking for ways to boost my charisma skills like bluff and such and look at cool feats. I may take dual implement expertise at 6 for the extra damage.

Gruffard
2010-06-17, 10:43 AM
Arcane Power, don't remember, but since your a bard and a sorc you qualify for a familiar and they give nice bonuses to multiple skills. Plus having a talking raven is fun. As for power, not the greatest but might be fun. I found a familiar with my bard and the ability to look through his eyes has given me lots of talking information.

G'luck and have fun.

Kurald Galain
2010-06-17, 10:43 AM
As for blazing starfall, at level 5 my max damage with it is 12, nice, but acid orb and chaos bolt seem much more handy.
Note that Radiant is the most common vulnerability in the game. Will you be meeting undead?

Also, rolling more attack rolls (as with area effects) gives you a greater chance of getting a 1 or a 20. You will do cool stuff whenever you roll a 1 or a 20. Therefore...

I'm not really trying to optimize damage as much as I am looking for ways to boost my charisma skills like bluff and such and look at cool feats.
In that case, I recommend a familiar; there are few feats cooler than that. Also, take quick draw, and carry a bunch of extra implements, wands, potions, or other utility stuff, so you can surprise the heck out of your DM.

trajet
2010-06-17, 11:05 AM
Wow, I cant believe I didn't think of familiars. That makes a lot of sense. And I just may retrain one of my at-wills for starfall, I kinda forgot about the 20 and 1. yeah, I have a bunch of implements and whatnot on my item wishlist, so quick draw seems like a good feat.

Thanks