PDA

View Full Version : New Breed Help 3.5 (presenting to DM tonight)

TripperdeCleric
2010-06-17, 10:15 AM
Archer Demon/Human Halfbreed
+1 LA or +2?

I gain close combat shot
I gain Oversized Weapons
I gain Symetrical ARchery
I lose Bonus Feat
I lose bonus Skill points
I remain Medium size

What is it missing?

This was made according to savage species.

Yucca
2010-06-17, 11:48 AM
+2 at least. I'm assuming you still have two sets of arms. Close combat shot is roughly feat-level powerful, so trading the bonus feat for it is fair. Oversized weapons is a little above feat-level powerful. 1 skill point per level isn't a huge thing to lose. But symmetrical archery is powerful, you're basically doubling your attacks per round, every round, all day for a -2 penalty. On its own this should be worth +2 or 3.

Basically you're giving up your bonus feat and skill points to get two feats, an extra set of arms and an amazingly powerful combat ability (it's basically equivalent of the epic capstone of the TWF chain, only for bows and no prerequisites)

Are you not having any ability adjustments? What about type?

+3 at least, probably +4. As a DM, that's what I'd rule.

TripperdeCleric
2010-06-17, 11:50 AM
Trying to drop it to a +2-+3. Im still working on it. Thats what its here for. Need help from the playground. Yeah, 2 extra arms.

Thinking of this: -2 con, -2 wis, -2 int, -2 cha

Not sure about type.

Yucca
2010-06-17, 12:04 PM
With those ability modifiers, and with keeping the type as humanoid, I could see calling it a +3. Maybe a +2 if you drop Oversized weapons.

EDIT: but a big part of it would matter on the other parts of the game. In a high point buy, -2 stat penalties aren't as important. Similarly if I was DMing and I was allowing LA buyoff, I would be less willing to be talked down on LA for homebrews.

EDIT again: also if you're starting at a high level where you're going to be getting 6+ attacks per round it would be a bigger deal than if you were starting at low level and the -2 penalty would make you miss a lot.

TripperdeCleric
2010-06-17, 12:11 PM
Level 10.

Ok i like the +3 heh.

I can live with that.