PDA

View Full Version : [4E]Apocalypse Now (IC)

russdm
2010-06-17, 05:24 PM
(Here is the IC thread)

You awaken from your sleep among the ruins of a major city. Steam rises from where the sun dried up last night's rain. You eat a heartless meal with your companions, each of you recalling one simple truth: This is all your fault.

Lord Vampyre
2010-06-17, 05:43 PM
Sindral Ravenwing - Changeling Assassin / MC Avenger

Having kept the final watch, Elsindril wanders the perimeter of the camp, trying to remember where things went wrong. He keeps an ever vigilant look out as the rest of his party begin to awaken.

In his current form, the one he had chosen since his life at the monastery. He appears to be a young man with blond hair and piercing blue eyes. Rather than help him blend in the black clothes, seem to be intended to make him stand out. Securing his cloak is the symbol of the Raven Queen.

Just in case.

Perception: [roll0]

IcemanJRC
2010-06-17, 06:10 PM
Ash - Shifter Fighter

Ash sits with his companions, his chain mail clinks lightly against his brown tunic and his boots scrap against the ground as he eats from a plate resting on his trousers. His eyes distant as he trys to remember the days before all this.

This is horrible...

Ash mumbles under his breath...

Lord Vampyre
2010-06-17, 07:55 PM

Having secured the perimeter of the encampment, Elsindril returns to the rest of the party. Sitting upon the hard ground to eat a cold meal, he looks at the those now awake and in a flat voice he adds his agreement to the Shifter's appraisal of the situation, "The situation is horrible, and eventhough I am sure there we could have prevented it, I can't seem to recall what has transpired to cause this level of destruction. As soon as we've all eaten we should probably scout out the ruins, and see if we can find any survivors and any information we can uncover." It appears that once again, I have arrived too late to make a difference. If only I knew what has occurred.

With that Sindral begins eating the cold meal.

docHigh
2010-06-18, 12:32 AM
Orryn - Gnome Bard

Despite the mayhem, before eating the gnome tries to clean himself up, brush clothes clean of dust and then eats the cold breakfast. Nothing special, but it will allow to regain strength.
Some part of him knows, he could have done something to prevent this, but the other part feels glad he is not dead or even worse, imprisoned again. "Fellows, look at the bright side. We are still alive."

AbsentiaMentis
2010-06-18, 06:00 AM
Erdan - Elf Archer Ranger

Erdan looked at his tablemates and realised the dire situation they were in. "We will have to brace ourselves for whatever may happen. Most inhabitants of ruined cities are not that fond of the ruiners." He let go of a wry smile when the thought about a much heard remark upon his birthplace "Hah, who lives in a dirty & grimy hole now? The forest doesn't seem all that bad suddenly. The food was better, definitely.

Lord Vampyre
2010-06-18, 12:22 PM

Sindral finds no comfort in his comrades words. He begins to worry about what is to come. I'm not afraid of death. I know the Raven Queen will care for my soul once I've crossed that veil. It is the senseless loss of life that I mourn for. The Raven Queen has taught her followers to maintain the balance between life and death. Unfortunately, I fear there will be more killing before we are able to restore that balance.

docHigh
2010-06-18, 12:39 PM
Orryn - Gnome Bard

Before standing up Orryn takes out his flute, plays a sad song to mourn the lives lost in the city and later hums with the same melody:
"I stand, bones and ashes beneath my feet,
Was not it me? Was that not thee'?
Death, wind, broken dreams.
Corellon, hope is all they need."

"Sitting here and regretting will do no good. Since i don't recall either what has happened, i'd like to remain with you to find it out. You can call me Orryn." Setting the flute back to his backpack, he fastens the shield and is eager to get moving.

IcemanJRC
2010-06-18, 12:47 PM
Ash - Shifter Fighter

Ash finishes his food, setting down the plate and jumping up,
AH! What's wrong with us! Why are we sitting here? What happened? Why don't I remember?!

Ash grips his forehead in frustration, this is all a big mess that he can't make sense of.

Lord Vampyre
2010-06-18, 01:01 PM

Easy, we will find our answers. We should search the city first, then perhaps we will have gathered some leads. Unfortunately, it seems we are all in the same predicament. I am Sindral Ravenwing, instrument of the Raven Queen.

With that Sindral gathers the rest of his belongings, ready to get moving.

AbsentiaMentis
2010-06-18, 01:45 PM
"I am Erdan, and this is my instrument." he said as he tapped his longbow. "You are correct, there is no need for us to stay here. Let us venture out and see if we can help someone."

IcemanJRC
2010-06-18, 01:57 PM
Ash - Shifter Fighter

Ash nods curtly,
Well, I'm Ash Moonchild, and I'm getting restless, let's go.
He shoulders his bag and grabs his weapon, a gleaming blade, curved and glowing like a crescent moon.

tynger1234
2010-06-18, 02:07 PM
Kaleshtar - Dragonborn Fighter

Kaleshtar sits near the edge of the camp quietly eating, listening intently on what his companions are saying. Secretly he thinks to himself "I thought I was done with this. After all my old friends had given up, this is how I repay them? I don't even have the decency to remember what it is that I have done... maybe the pits affected me too much, maybe I should have been the one to die."

Kaleshtar hears his companioons getting up and ready to move; he picks up his shield and axe. "Atleast we're finally doing the right thing now... by the way, my name is Kaleshtar."

docHigh
2010-06-19, 03:13 PM
While everybody is ready, the small gnome addresses all: "I don't want to stick to stereotypes, but Kaleshtar, would you take the front while Ash will cover our rear. Erdan, your people usually have keen senses - you'll be our eyes and ears. As for the direction .. i think starting from eastern part of the city is as good as any. We should find survivors and see if they can help us.." and with a small delay he adds ".. or we can help them."

Aiding Erdan to keep an eye out.
Aid Perception: [roll0]

AbsentiaMentis
2010-06-19, 03:36 PM
Erdan nodded. "East, towards the sun. That would be a change from all the darkness that surrounds us in this dark and dreary place. Most likely we're needed everywhere. Let's hope not for punishment."

Making a perception check then. 1d20+12+2 = 23 (http://4e.orokos.com/roll/19078). Hah, that's 1 above my passive :p

IcemanJRC
2010-06-19, 06:53 PM
Ash nods,
Whatever, I'm just anxious to get moving. This place is starting to get freaky...
He shakes his head and twirls his khopesh, making a strange high sound and sparkly glint. He takes up the assigned position.

tynger1234
2010-06-20, 06:18 AM
Kaleshtar nods to the gnome aswell,
"Yeah, i'll take point. This place is starting to get on my nerves too."
Kaleshtar trudges over to the front off the line.

Lord Vampyre
2010-06-21, 12:10 PM
Sindral used to being over looked in his profession, isn't surprised when Orryn forgets his presence, as the little Gnome tries to assign specific duties. With a quiet voice, "Orryn, perhaps it would be better if Kaleshtar and Ash gaurd the rear, while Erdan and I scout ahead. My profession with the church requires me to be ever vigilant and if Erdan's people are as perceptive as you say then we will work well together. That is my humble advice. Other than that, it doesn't matter where we start to me, as long as we get started."

Not use to working with a group, Elsindril begins moving off towards the east. His form becomes insubstantial, appearing to blend with the nearby shadows. Before getting too far he remembers to check and make sure everyone was in agreement with heading to the east to begin the search.

Shade Form is an encounter power that has a sustain minor. It will persist until Sindral attacks or comes out of it. Important note Sindral is Insubstantial while in Shade Form and gains vulnerable 5 radiant. In addition, he can make Stealth checks to become hidden if he has any cover or concealment.

Stealth: [roll0]
Perception: [roll1]

russdm
2010-06-21, 04:59 PM
As the sun rises more, you are able to see that the ruins around you were once that of a keep of some kind.

You assemble yourselves and begin walking eastward. You walk among more ruins, finding larger amounts of debris than where you slept.

AbsentiaMentis
2010-06-21, 07:30 PM
"Does anyone remember how long we were out?" Erdan asks as the group was moving east. "The ruins and scattered debris seem very old, as if ages have past. There are blackened bones scattered everywhere but there are a few bleached white over there." Erdan walks closer to the bleached bones to examine them, his bow readied.

If you want:
Minor Action: Draw bow
Nature check on the bones: 1d20+10: 19 (http://4e.orokos.com/roll/19153)
Perception (if possible) on the bones: 1d20+12: 13 (http://4e.orokos.com/roll/19154) (Hahahaha. Well, passive perc: 22)

docHigh
2010-06-22, 12:51 AM
"We can't have been out for more than a day, maybe two. Otherwise we'd have been eaten by vulteres. But these ruins are much-much older, look at its state" Orryn says kicking a rock with his foot. "What worries me is not the loss of memories. We will recall what happened or find it out. But look at the bones. These people should have had relatives, friends, other common people to bury them. Now they are still here. What could be here that keeps people away? None the less, should there be combat, know that i can assist in positioning and healing."

With more light shed by the dawning day, Orryn suggests to companions "If we don't find anything here, we should head to the larger part of the ruins. This was once a keep. It should have had a magistrat's hall or some sort of library."

Lord Vampyre
2010-06-22, 11:47 AM
Seeing the desolation of the ancient ruins, Elsindril looks to the surrounding countryside for comfort. The balance has been shifted. Now with life nearly extinguished, perhaps nature can start a new. How far can this destruction extend? Is it isolated to this city?

Continuing on, Elsindril keeps ever vigilant in his search for what has happened.

Stealth: [roll1]

IcemanJRC
2010-06-22, 01:03 PM
Ash walks along with his comrades,
This is so boring... Why am I here? Why are we here? Why is the city destroyed? Why are all of us dudes?!
Ash thinks to himself as he lazily observes the countryside.

Perception: Passive: 12

tynger1234
2010-06-22, 01:10 PM
Kaleshtar holds up the rear with Ash.
How could we have possibly done this, what made us willing to... were we set up by something? There is no way five people were capable of laying waste to an entire city.
Kaleshtar trudges to keep up with the rest of the group, mumbling his thoughts under his breath.

AbsentiaMentis
2010-06-23, 07:04 PM
As Erdan approaches the bleached bones, they appear to be human, dwarven, elfish and orcish. He notices the strange composition, maybe a party of some sorts. Looking closer he notices a chest and something glistening! The debris would have to be moved. He calls for help and cautions them to be careful. It could be a trap seeing the odd coincidence, lying next to whited bones.

Bingo! I found a chest and some gold. But be careful, it can be a trap.

- Perception check on chest and coins for traps: 1d20+12: 13 (http://4e.orokos.com/roll/19263) Rofl. Passive-22
- Acrobatics check to clear debris [if possible]: 1d20+10: 15 (http://4e.orokos.com/roll/19264)

russdm
2010-06-23, 07:20 PM
OOC Moving Debris would be Strength checks, not acrobatics.

AbsentiaMentis
2010-06-23, 07:32 PM
OOC

I know, but mine is crap. 1d20 : 1. (http://4e.orokos.com/roll/19266) Hahahaha!

russdm
2010-06-23, 07:34 PM
Alright then, will use acrobatics for you, i think it would work.

Absentia, you move some of the debris. There is more that still needs to be moved. You don't see any traps.

The debris you move is broken stone and wood. Also, broken furniture is moved by you.

Lord Vampyre
2010-06-23, 07:36 PM
Elsindril's form seems to flow out of the shadows as it solidifies into a young red haired and green eyed human male. Coming out of the shadows, he stoops to assist Erdan with the chest.

Perception: [roll0] looking for traps
Athletics: [roll1] to help move the debri
Thievery: [roll2] in there are any traps

IcemanJRC
2010-06-23, 07:46 PM
Ash moves up to them,
Step aside and let me try.
He smiles, cracks his knuckles and puts on a cocky smile.

Athletics: [roll0]

russdm
2010-06-23, 07:55 PM
Elsindral helps a little bit. Ash moves all the rest of the debris out of the way, revealing the chest, a large pile of gold coins and a large pile of bones. The chest does not appear to be trapped, but it is locked.

IcemanJRC
2010-06-23, 08:00 PM
Ash nods,
Now, you wanna pick it? Or can I just bust it open?
He grins toothily and flips his khopesh here and there.

Lord Vampyre
2010-06-23, 08:07 PM
"If I let you bust it open, we run the risk of damaging what's inside. Now, if what ever is inside is a flask of acid, we've just wasted the effort of uncovering this thing. Fortunately, my profession requires me to get into places that people would rather I didn't."

With that Elsindril kneels down to open the chest.

Thievery: [roll0] +2 for Thieves Tools

Edit: That should open almost anything.

AbsentiaMentis
2010-06-23, 08:14 PM
OOC

Nature check on the bones: 1d20+10: 25 (http://4e.orokos.com/roll/19268)
Perception on the coins (cursed perhaps): 1d20+12: 29 (http://4e.orokos.com/roll/19269)
Arcana: 1d20: 19 (http://4e.orokos.com/roll/19270)

Heh. That concludes my good rolls for this campaign.

russdm
2010-06-23, 09:09 PM
You open the chest. Inside is more gold, as well as some gems. also inside is a journel. The journal is written in runes, that only Kaleshtar is able to read since it is Draconic. Kaleshtar can read the title, Journal of Klarash, Court Wizard

The bones are a mix of human, elf, dwarf, and orc.

AbsentiaMentis
2010-06-23, 09:33 PM
Erdan picks up the gold and the gems as he passes the book to Kaleshtar. "Here, I believe this something you should look at. Maybe inside is mentioned what happened to this place." as he counts the gold and the gems. "Whoever wrote it, a poor creature he was not."

So, how much is the gold / gems worth?
Can't wait what Kaleshtar can tell us about the book!

russdm
2010-06-23, 09:57 PM
Gathering all the gold, you end up with 1547 gold pieces. The gems are all 500gp and there are 17 of them. There a couple of rubies, a couple of sapphires, and the rest are emeralds.

docHigh
2010-06-24, 02:07 AM
Orryn stands aside and keeps a look out on the surronding while the others are moving the rubble and working on the chest. "I'll keep the watch. If you need my assistance, just ask."

tynger1234
2010-06-24, 06:33 AM
Kaleshtar takes the book and quickly starts to read. By the end of the book his face gives an expression of horrer. "There is no doubt that what happend here is partly our fault. Klarash had been writing about this strange desease that had been infecting most of the province.. it drove people mad and made them cause such damage as this. We were eventually recruited to help deal with this problem, but as far as I can tell we got infected aswell.

When we got back to this keep here, we destroyed it with the help of some infecteds. I think the reason why we are still not infected is because this another high wizard was able to "cure" before he died."

Kaleshtar takes a short pause "The strange part is, this all happend a few hundred years ago."

AbsentiaMentis
2010-06-24, 11:35 AM
Erdan looks puzzled as he ponders about what the Dragonborn told them. "We did all this? But we don't remember anything. We were diseased it said? And Klarash, a high Wizard of the court, was not able to cure us himself? That must have been some powerful magic then..." As Erdan divides the gold between the group he continues; "What concerns me the most is that according to that journal, we just woke up from some kind of deep sleep. But there is no way for us to have survived for hundreds of years without dying or any sign of aging whatsoever. There must have been a spell of some sorts to keep us asleep for all these years. And I highly doubt that people would have stayed in these ruins for all that time. We won't find anyone to help us here. I think we should look either for more information about Klarash or the wizard who cured us. What was his name again?"

Dividing loot in ooc thread. Maybe someone should arcane check the gems, to see if they have special powers, or perhaps arcane check the journal? Or is that overdoing it a bit?

Lord Vampyre
2010-06-24, 12:16 PM
Sitting on a crumbling wall, with his cloak billowing behind him, Elsindril speaks in a low voice, "Considering everything in there is accurate, that means we're not actually responsible. My problem lies in your frame of reference. How are you able to discern that this occurred a few hundred years ago? I am willing to accept that this disease is probably the cause for our lack of memory. But if we were cured, then why are we a few hundred years in the future? Now if we were sent into the future for some particular reason or put in stasis as the case maybe, then is should be documented.

Jumping off the wall, he continues, "Either way, even if there aren't any survivors here, we still need to continue searching the area for more information. We still don't know what this disease was, what caused it, or how the other wizard cured us. Unless, there is more in the journal that you haven't been able to decipher yet. Plus we will need to find out how far spread the destruction is. Whether it was localized to this city or if other cities were infected by the disease."

IcemanJRC
2010-06-24, 01:24 PM
This is certainly a conundrum, indeed.
Ash jumps and flips and such.
It's getting kind of boring hear... What's our next plan of action? I'm kinda anxious to get to the excitement. But, what are we supposed to do?
He leans against a pile of rubble now.

tynger1234
2010-06-24, 01:27 PM
Kaleshtar flips through the last couple of pages in the book again. "It does'nt say the name of the other wizard, I know this book is a couple hundred years old because of the last few dates mentioned aaaaaaaand the desease seemed to have spread through the entire province... has there ever been anybody, ever that had the power to do something like this?"

OOC: would this call for history checks?

docHigh
2010-06-24, 01:47 PM
Lorwen becomes even more worried by all the implications this journal has left: "If what is written is true, then the destruction was grandious. The disease of this magnitude is nothing i can recall. This is no natural disease. It must be arcane. Do you realize- this place is so cursed that for hundreds of years nobody has come here to bury the dead nor to find this treasure?! What if it is cursed too?!!"

Arcane check on the coins & journal
[roll0]

"Klarash.. high wizards.. if this was a grand keep, then there must be more clues around here. Or in other settlements.. or ruins.. in the vicinity. But nonetheless i believe anyone we encounter here is either infected or revengful towards us. Lets move on since standing here won't provide any more answers."

History to see if i recall anything in regards to Klarash
[roll1]

Smiling to Ash, he jokes: "Well you are jumpy. Were you as eager here a few centuries ago?"

Lord Vampyre
2010-06-24, 02:00 PM
"Since this is where we found the wizard's journal, it is probably safe to say that this was probably the wizard's room or tower at some point. Any further clues will probably be in this general vicinity. We could begin by clearing all the debri in this location. Since I don't remember how this city was laid out, it would also be helpful if we could locate a map of some sort. If one still exists."

Elsindril continues looking through the surrounding debri. Unsure of what he is looking for, he attempts to clear the area a little at a time.

Perception: [roll0] looking for additional clues
Athletics: [roll1] to move as much of the rest of the debri as possible.

Edit: Yeah, just don't expect Elsindril to pick up anything really heavy.

IcemanJRC
2010-06-24, 03:55 PM
Ash continues to fidget,
Yea, I've probably always been this way.
He flicks and swirls his weapon. Seeing El try to move more debris, goes to move it for him.

Athletics: [roll0] To move the rest of the debris.

russdm
2010-06-24, 04:49 PM
OOC: Yes, it would be a history check.

You clear away the debris. You have cleared the area in front of you allowing you to see the ground. (Its a 20-foot area of debris that you have cleared)

Lord Vampyre
2010-06-24, 04:55 PM
After a considerable amount of time searching through the debri, Elsindril finally finds what he is looking for. He brushes off a desk with a piece of paper sticking out. He carefully opens the desk trying to make sure not to damage the paper, remembering how old everything probably is.

History: [roll0]

Edit: Yeah, not likely going to know too much.

Edit: OOC: Sorry, I missed the PM.

Lord Vampyre
2010-06-24, 05:59 PM
Attempting to move the last bit of debri that seems to be blocking the desk, removes the last bit of junk away from the desk. After the exertion, he leans against a pile of rubble to catch his breath. Looking down he notices 4 message tubes he hadn't seen before.

Tossing the first one to Kaleshtar, "Maybe you can read this. It's all gibberish to me."

After opening the other tubes 1 at a time, he passes the contents around to the rest of the group. "Looks like this Jinya Kirsh left us some gifts. I'm not sure if she's just talking about the gold and gems or if there is something else here that we're missing."

After catching his breath, Elsindril attempts to clear the desk once more.

OOC: I'll forward the PM with the letters, since you should be able to read it.

russdm
2010-06-24, 06:05 PM
You start moving some the debris covering the desk. You think you might need your comrades help here. Some of the debris is quite large and size, and some are rather heavy and so hard to move.

IcemanJRC
2010-06-24, 06:20 PM
That's pretty creepy...
Ash says as he finds out the contents of the letters.
I guess I'll start looking for some of those gifts...

Athletics: [roll0] To move debris,
Perception: [roll1] To search for the 'gifts'.

AbsentiaMentis
2010-06-24, 07:19 PM
"I doubt that this Jinya Kyrsh would leave these helpfull items here out in the open, if this even was his labatory. But perhaps we can find a clue here as to where we need to look. Or what items they are. Perhaps the gems are enchanted." Erdan started to examine a gem, but he looked rather foolishly doing so. He shrugged and stowed it away again as he said "Let us clear this room, perhaps we find a clue."

Awesome, time portal shift.

Perception on the small rubble to determine what kind of room this was: 1d20+12: 28 (http://4e.orokos.com/roll/19350)
Athletics to clear rubble: 1d20: 14 (http://4e.orokos.com/roll/19351)
Arcane check on gems: 1d20:10 (http://4e.orokos.com/roll/19352)

Loot-Divide:
1 ruby, 2 emeralds & 509 coins - Kaleshtar
1 sapphire, 2 emeralds & 509 coins - Orryn
3 emeralds & 509 coins - Ash Moonchild
1 ruby, 3 emeralds & 9 coins - Elsindril
1 sapphire, 3 emeralds & 9 coins - Erdan

russdm
2010-06-24, 08:28 PM
You are able to clear rubble enough to gain access to the desk. Its partially smashed and broken at parts, but the drawers appear undamaged. It looks like, however, that 3 of the drawers are locked. One drawer, unlocked, has a piece of paper sticking out of it.

Lord Vampyre
2010-06-24, 08:34 PM
After clearing the area, Elsindril quickly gets to work unlocking the drawers. After attempting to unlock the drawers, Elsindril opens the drawer with the paper sticking out. Quickly scanning it he then passes it around to the rest of the group, as he continues to go through the drawers he was able to open.

I am going to assume that I need a roll for each drawer.

Perception: [roll0] general perception check looking for traps
Thievery: [roll1] in case of trap

Drawer 1: Thievery: [roll2]
Drawer 2: Thievery: [roll3]
Drawer 3: Thievery: [roll4]

russdm
2010-06-24, 08:44 PM
Eslindril does not stop any traps. He is able to unlock each drawer.

The piece of paper is just a request for some items for the keep, for its armory.

Lord Vampyre
2010-06-24, 08:46 PM
Elsindril continues looking through the now unlocked drawers, looking for additional information.

docHigh
2010-06-25, 12:27 AM
Orryn feels somewhat relieved not tofind the the journal and the coins cursed. "If we were left some gifts that should assist us in current situation, then i'll help in searching for them."

Athletics [roll0] to aid Erdan.

AbsentiaMentis
2010-06-25, 03:38 AM
As Erdan studies the rubble, he deducts that it came mostly from what appeared to be Tynia´s bedroom and study. He noticed roof material and 2 different kinds of flooring in the rubble which would mean it was a three story part of the keep. Looking at the way the rubble was piled a safe assumption could be made that Tynia´s room was on the top level.

"This was where Princess Tynia lived. On the top floor atleast. So I assume this would be the center of the Charran Keep. But why would we find a chest here with Klarash's journal and a letter from Kyrsh? Perhaps this was the treasury where we..euh.. our diseased selves were heading to." Erdan paused to see if his fellow adventurers would discover anything.

docHigh
2010-06-25, 04:55 AM
The beams of the floor and rocks of different sizes are more than a match for Orryn. He does his best to assist Erdan but can't really help much. Being of smaller hight apparently has its downsides.

Not able to help with the hard work, Orryn decides to look a few steps away to find any other clues.

Perception [roll0]

Lord Vampyre
2010-06-28, 06:13 PM
Pulling a set of keys out of the top drawer of the desk, looks at them for a minute, then pockets them assuming that they'll come in handy later. He then pulls out a necklace with a strange taliman hanging from it. It stares at it for quite awhile, pondering its importance.

Arcana: [roll0] Checking to see if its magical in nature.
Religion: [roll1] In case the object has some religious significance.
History: [roll2] In case there is some historical value in the object.

Btw - Let me know if you want me to make any other rolls in particular.

AbsentiaMentis
2010-06-28, 07:16 PM
As Elsindril studies the amulet, Erdan checks the armory request form Elsindril just found and studies it for clues about the amulet or other unusual items before he searches for a map of the keep between the rubble of Tynia's room.

Athletics on rubbleclearing: 1d20 = 6 (http://4e.orokos.com/roll/19459) - woodland agility gives minimum 8
Perception for clues: 1d20+12 = 19 (http://4e.orokos.com/roll/19460): passive 22.

Lord Vampyre
2010-06-29, 04:55 PM
Pocketing the keys and strange necklace, Elsindril starts looking around.

"Alright we've got a set of keys that I don't know what they go to, and strange necklace that I'm sure isn't magical in nature.

Now, if this was actually the third floor of the keep, then there might be a basement or dungeon that is still in tact. If I were going to place something of use then I'd probably put somewhere secure.

The bright side is that if everything we have read is accurate, we should be immune to the disease now. We just need to find out what caused the disease in the first place, and exact a measure of retribution for our former employers."

Perception: [roll0] looking for anything in surrounding area tha might indicate a set of stairs going down. Possibly covered by the rubble.

Edit: Yeah, so much for perception.

russdm
2010-06-29, 05:13 PM
(Does anyone look through the contents of the desk?)

IcemanJRC
2010-06-29, 05:39 PM
Ash will riffle through the desk, try and find some stuff.

AbsentiaMentis
2010-06-30, 05:21 AM
Erdan notices that there are some indentations on the request. He rifles through the desk for a pencil to recover the indented writing and a mirror to look at it backwards. As he looks at the contents of the desk he notices something peculiar.

Perception: 1d20+12: 22 (http://4e.orokos.com/roll/19514)
Religion on Talisman: 1d20: 5 (http://4e.orokos.com/roll/19515)
History on Talisman: 1d20: 11 (http://4e.orokos.com/roll/19516)

My Relig/History suck, do we have some 'afk' players who would like to roll too?

IcemanJRC
2010-06-30, 11:49 AM
History: [roll0] ...On Talisman...
Religion: [roll1] ...On Talisman...
Perception: [roll2] ...On desk contents...

Ash tries to jog his memory of anywhere he might have seen something like that necklace before while searching through the desk for something of interest.

Lord Vampyre
2010-06-30, 12:23 PM
"It just doesn't seem like we're getting anywhere. I suppose it would help, if we weren't digging through the wreckage of some building, through stacks of papers that are few hundred years old that could fall apart at any moment, and hoping that what we need hasn't disentegrated yet.

Just my frustrations."

Elsindril continues to try and move more of the debris.

docHigh
2010-06-30, 01:52 PM
"It just doesn't seem like we're getting anywhere. I suppose it would help, if we weren't digging through the wreckage of some building, through stacks of papers that are few hundred years old that could fall apart at any moment, and hoping that what we need hasn't disentegrated yet.
Just my frustrations."

Kicking the debris Orryn takes a glimpse on the amulet but not recognizing continues ruffling.
"I can't agree more. All i find here is just sticks and stones. Unless you find anything, i recon we should move on."

Orryn assists in searching (aid)
Perception [roll0]
Athletics [roll1]

Lord Vampyre
2010-07-01, 06:02 PM
"Hey Erdan, if your done tearing through the dest we should probably get going. I don't think we're going much else. We should probably start searching another portion of the keep or somewhere else in this ruin of a city.

Although to be honest, I am completely at a loss. Everyone's dead, and we're a few hundred years in the future due to some sort of stasis field. There is obviously no survivors here. We have a strange talisman, a set of keys that we're unsure of what they'll unlock, and a vague mention of gifts from some wizard who is mostly likely among the deceased now.

Oh, and we found some money that won't do us any good unless others have survived this disease. We could abandon our search of the keep and check the surrounding villages. Unfortunately, I have very little memory of what we may have uncovered before we were eventually afflicted with the disease. Hopefully, since we were cured that means that we're now immune.

So, does anyone have any thoughts as to what we should do next?

Anyway just let me know."

Elsindril begins walking around what remains of the rest of the keep. Having given up on moving anything, until something more promising comes up.

Perception: [roll0] just looking for anything at the moment.

Bending down, Elsindril pulls out what appears to be a map of the city before the destruction.

"Excuse me Erdan. Why don't we take a look at this for a moment."

He brings it over to the desk, and spreads it out for everyone to look at.

"Well, where to next?"

docHigh
2010-07-02, 12:31 AM
Orryn joins Elsindril and starts examining the map.

tynger1234
2010-07-02, 08:15 AM
Kaleshtar joins the two looking at the map, perhaps figuring out where they are might jog his memory.

AbsentiaMentis
2010-07-02, 04:38 PM
After the experiment with the Armory request and the pencil, Erdan tries to sneak a peak at the map. "I feel our main points of interest are the Armory, the Treasury, the High Counselor's office. If the Armory is filled, we know all the people died suddenly and not by an attack of some kind. The Treasury for, well, treasure and I think we might find the most info in the chamber of the highest politician. Or," Erdan reminded himself, "we could try and find the Laboratory of our 'former' employer."

After the test with the paper and the pencil and looking through the items in the desk, I'll use my awesome perception on the map!
Perception: 1d20+12 = 13. (http://4e.orokos.com/roll/19646) Passive: 22. Wth @ dice.

AbsentiaMentis
2010-07-03, 04:16 AM
"Hmm, there seem to be none of those locations on the map...How peculiar. Oh by the way Kaleshtar, this language seems similar to the journal you just read. Maybe you can figure this out." Erdan passes his note to Kaleshtar and pockets the pencil and mirror since they might come on handy later.

IcemanJRC
2010-07-06, 04:02 PM
Ash takes from the desk, all the papers(reports, budget, and letters) the ring and the vials of liquid, briefly observing each as he stores them. He leaves the ruby and offers Erdan the chance to look at the vials and ring.

Perception: [roll0] On the papers...
Nature: [roll1] On the vials and contents...
Arcana: [roll2] On the vials and the ring...

AbsentiaMentis
2010-07-06, 04:15 PM
"Those look nice!" Erdan looks upon the vials and ring as he tries to see what value they will bring. "Don't forget this one," Erdan says as he grabs the ruby from the desk, "it's probably very valuable aswell. What did the letters say by the way? Information on the army or the taxes?"

Perception on vials and ring: 1d20+12 : 15 (http://4e.orokos.com/roll/19787)
Perception on ruby: 1d20+12 : 14 (http://4e.orokos.com/roll/19789)
Passive 22.
Arcane on vials and ring: 1d20+0 : 14 (http://4e.orokos.com/roll/19790)
Arcane on ruby: 1d20+0 : 10 (http://4e.orokos.com/roll/19791)
Boy, does my arcane suck.

IcemanJRC
2010-07-06, 04:20 PM
Ash nods,
Yea, budget work, some reports from scouts and such. That's all, you wanna see some?
Ash takes one of the vials and pockets it.
You can have the ruby and the other vial, I'll take this vial and the ring.

russdm
2010-07-06, 06:54 PM
(So who has the ruby then?)

IcemanJRC
2010-07-06, 10:48 PM
((Erdan has the ruby and one of the vials, Ash has the other vial, the ring and the papers.))

Lord Vampyre
2010-07-07, 12:23 PM
Elsindril studies the ring, the 2 vials, and the ruby as Ash and Erdan store them away.

Arcana: [roll1]

docHigh
2010-07-07, 04:05 PM
Orryn notices the two blue liquids and just cant keep to himself: "Let me see. They are definetly not natural, so i should be able to determine their usage."

Perception on ruby (if it is anything spectacular): [roll0]
Arcane on ruby: [roll1]
Arcane on vials and ring: [roll2]
Perception on ring: [roll3]
History on ring: [roll4]

IcemanJRC
2010-07-07, 04:30 PM
Here, but I want these back, they're mine.
Ash allows the others to see stuff.

russdm
2010-07-07, 07:29 PM
(How is the ruby? is it being stashed or held? who has held it? I need to know to make Will attacks on people.)

Lord Vampyre
2010-07-07, 08:21 PM
"Ash, I want you to understand that you can hold on to whatever you want. But everything at this point in time is to be used to help us in our current predicament.

Now, don't anyone touch the ruby. It is cursed. I'm not entirely sure, on what kind of curse, but it is cursed. I am afraid your curiosity has gotten the better of you. I just hope we can over come its effects.

The vials, by the way, are Residuum. They really won't be of much use to you, Ash. Residuum is used in ritual magic. Although I understand rituals, there are none that I can perform at this point in time. I am sure the Residuum will come in handy in the future.

The ring is also magical, but I am not sure what it does at this time.

At any rate, I believe we have accomplished as much as we can here. We need to get moving. Perhaps if we investigated the outlying villages. Honestly, I am just getting tired of this town. It's beginning to get on my nerves. I personally don't want to camp in these ruins over night."

OOC: Each vial of Residuum is worth 500 gp.

IcemanJRC
2010-07-08, 12:36 AM
Hm... Good thing the I left the ruby alone... But, I found the ring and I'm gonna keep it. I don't care if I'm being difficult, it's mine. You can do what you want with this stuff then.
Ash slips the ring on and puts the Residuum on the desk again.
The ring is mine.
He snarls a tad, hoping to get his point across.

OOC: Erdan's help it, and I think Elisindril and Orryn have held it to.

docHigh
2010-07-08, 02:09 AM
"Elsindril is correct- the ruby is cursed. From what i can understand, it has a mind of its own and encourages the holder to commit bad deeds. A vile thing indeed." continues the gnome, spitting down with clear distaste nearly hitting Erdan. "If i'd have to make a bet, i'd say it is some sort of an evil artefact. Any ideas of how to transport it safely?"
Arcana [roll0]

"Residuum!!" The eyes of the gnome get a slight glisten when he sees how much of it. "I know a few rituals and certainly i could make use of the residuum. So if nobody objects, i'll take one of the tubes. For now, all i can do is hasten our travels and conjure a floating disk to assist in transporting heavier items. But just let me learn a few more tricks and we'll see what i can do with the rest of it.

Ash, you can ware the ring. Though it could have been the mage's, i rather suspect it was the princesses."

Lord Vampyre
2010-07-08, 11:40 AM
"Ash you can hold on to the ring until we can figure out what it does. You may not want it at that point. I just want you to understand that as long as we're together I don't want just one or two people hoarding everything that is found. We've split the treasure chest evenly. What ever else we find should be split equally as well.

Since the ring is the first, we'll just deduct it from your future shares as soon as we can figure out what it is. I'm not counting the Residuum, since it is a consumable that can be put to good use for all of us. Even if only one of us knows how to use it.

Erdan, if you can toss the cursed ruby into this small pouch. And unless someone else wishes to carry it. You can store it in the front part of my pack. I would leave it here, except I have a feeling we may need it at some point. Nothing is ever coincidence.

Now, let's get moving, this place is beginning to make me uneasy."

Elsindril takes off his belt pouch, and transfers the gems and few coins to an empty pocket in his backpack.

OOC: Only, Erdan has touched the ruby so far.

IcemanJRC
2010-07-08, 12:02 PM
Ash snorts, sort of a disrespectful 'whatever' kind of response.
Sure, I don't care. Let's go then, I'm getting bored already.
Ash begins to sniff at the surrounding areas,

Perception: [roll0] To look for or pick up scents of anything interesting or unusual...
Nature: [roll1] To identify scents that may be found...
Yea I'm sniffing, it's a dog person after all. Apparently the Fates aren't a fan of sniff checks...

(OOC: Okay, so everyone else was just looking.)

docHigh
2010-07-09, 03:31 AM
"If we're going to move, it will be better if it doesn't burden us. I'll perform a little ritual to help us along the way." says Orryn taking out his golden flute and starting to play the Fiddler on Summernight.
For next 10 minutes Orryn plays the flute while performing the Traveler's Chant ritual.
Effect: group travelling speed is +2 (as my speed is 5, group speed is 7).
No residuum expended due to Bardic Training.

Lord Vampyre
2010-07-13, 06:30 PM
OOC: I'm going to assume that the cursed ruby was stored in my pack. If not just let me know. Elsindril won't willingly touch it, but he is willing to carry it for the sake of the party.

"Let's move. It's probably better if we continue with our original formation. Kaleshtar and Ash guard the rear, while Erdan and myself scout ahead. This leaves Orryn in the center."

Elsindril gives Ash a flat emotionless stare. His features change briefly to match those of the Shifter's, he then suddenly becomes a shadow, and drifts away from the keep. Even out in front, Elsindril allows the Erdan to pick the path.

Elsindril resumes Shade Form, while travelling.

Nature: [roll1]

russdm
2010-07-14, 06:54 PM
Having found nothing further of interest, you head off. Are you going to look for the items or head into town to leave town?

docHigh
2010-07-16, 09:21 AM
"Erdan, lead the way to the town. If you need reference, lets just follow the map. Lets head out and see what we can learn from there." Stepping closer and pointing forwards, Orryn continues playing his flute.

russdm
2010-07-19, 05:23 PM
You head out of the keep into town. Its mostly burned wood lying around. You don't notice anything much. There is a cleared path through that you can walk along.

For Erdan, Elsindril, Orryn: You hear the sounds of clanking, like several things were walking around. You can't see them though.

Lord Vampyre
2010-07-19, 06:49 PM
Hearing the noise, Elsindril slows his pace. Taking out his sickle, he prepares for the worse. He attempts to zero in on the sound.

Stealth: [roll1]

tynger1234
2010-07-19, 06:59 PM
Kaleshtar will follow suit with Elsindril. Kaleshtar draws his axe and prepares for combat. Hopefully whatever Elsindril noticed is not out for blood.

docHigh
2010-07-20, 12:33 AM
Warning the other party members of the clanking sounds, Orryn fastens the shield and pulls out his wand.

IcemanJRC
2010-07-20, 11:08 AM
Ash flips his khopesh several times and prepares for the worst.

russdm
2010-07-20, 04:24 PM
the clanking noises seem to be coming from further up ahead and around the corner from you.

docHigh
2010-07-21, 04:24 AM
"Whoever that is around the corner, we better be prepared. I'll be standing in the back supporting and positioning you as you need. Ash, Kaleshtar, Elsindril: lead the way."

Lord Vampyre
2010-07-21, 11:25 AM
Elsindril moves cautiously ahead to get a better view.

Stealth: [roll0]

russdm
2010-07-28, 03:58 PM
Esindral creeps up and sees that there are some skeletons moving about. There are 5 of them. They don't notice him.

Lord Vampyre
2010-07-28, 04:54 PM
Filled with a desire to put the souls of these poor beings to rest, Elsindril moves swiftly in to dispatch the first of these creatures.

May the Raven Queen's embrace bring peace to your restless souls.

Move Action: Elsindril quickly moves in on the first skeleton in sight.

Free Action: Assassin's Shroud on the first skeleton Elsindril moves in on. This shroud will stay on the target until expended or until he places a shroud on another target. Upto 4 shrouds can be placed on one creature.

Standard Action: If Elsindril is able to get next to the skeleton with a base move of 6, he will use his at-will power Shadow Storm. If he is unable to reach the target with a base move of 6, but is still with in 2 squares of the target, he will use his other at-will power Inescapable Blade.

Attack: [roll0] +2 for charging if able to use Shadow Storm.

Damage: [roll1] +4 if the target has no adjacent allies.
Inescapable Blade will do the base damage.
Shadow Storm adds +4 dmg for Dex and +1 dmg for each adjacent creature to the target.

A map would be great.

docHigh
2010-07-31, 10:41 AM
Orryn sees Elsindril rush behind the corner and wonders what could be there so interesting. Deciding to wait for more power to go in first, he takes a questioning look at Ash and Kaleshtar.

IcemanJRC
2010-08-01, 07:28 PM
Ash nods to Orryn, taking off after Elisindril. He steps quietly and gets just far enough to see what's up ahead.

Stealth: [roll0] To remain hidden from the skeletons

russdm
2010-08-12, 05:32 PM
(So here is the map, pretty eh?)

Map
{table]A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J|K
1|House|House|X|X|X|Skeleton|X|Skeleton|House|Hous e
2|House|House|X|X|X|Skeleton|Skeleton|Skeleton|Hou se|House
3|House|House|X|X|X|X|X|X|House|House
4|House|House|X|X|X|X|X|X|House|House
5|House|House|X|X|X|X|X|X|House|House
6|House|House|X|X|X|X|X|X|House|House
7|House|House|X|X|O|X|X|X|House|House
8|House|House|X|ER|EL|X|X|X|House|House
9|House|House|X|K|A|X|X|X|House|House
[/table]

Lord Vampyre
2010-08-12, 06:49 PM
Filled with a desire to put the souls of these poor beings to rest, Elsindril moves swiftly in to dispatch the first of these creatures.

May the Raven Queen's embrace bring peace to your restless souls.

Move Action: Elsindril quickly moves in on the first skeleton in sight.

Free Action: Assassin's Shroud on the first skeleton Elsindril moves in on. This shroud will stay on the target until expended or until he places a shroud on another target. Upto 4 shrouds can be placed on one creature.

Standard Action: If Elsindril is able to get next to the skeleton with a base move of 6, he will use his at-will power Shadow Storm. If he is unable to reach the target with a base move of 6, but is still with in 2 squares of the target, he will use his other at-will power Inescapable Blade.

Attack: [roll0] +2 for charging if able to use Shadow Storm.

Damage: [roll1] +4 if the target has no adjacent allies.
Inescapable Blade will do the base damage.
Shadow Storm adds +4 dmg for Dex and +1 dmg for each adjacent creature to the target.

A map would be great.

OOC: I'll keep the actions from before. Ideally, Elsindril would have moved to square H3, allowing him to charge square H2. This means he would have hit an AC of 16 or less using Shadow Storm, and do the +4 dmg for dex and +4 dmg for the adjacent creatures, for a grand total of 9 dmg.

russdm
2010-08-18, 04:17 PM
Map
1|House|House|X|X|X|Skeleton|X|Skeleton|House|Hous e
3|House|House|X|X|X|X|EL|X|House|House
8|House|House|X|ER|X|X|X|X|House|House
[/table]

docHigh
2010-08-19, 12:22 AM
Noticing he is blocking the path to monsters, Orryn steps aside and urges rest of the party to launch the offensive. He then chuckles a little bit how puny the skeletons look and attacks.

Move: Orryn moves to H8
Standard: Vicious Mockery vs H2
Attack [roll0] vs Will
Damage [roll1] psycic damage and target gets -2 penalty to attack rolls until End of Orryn's next turn

russdm
2010-08-24, 05:00 PM
Map
1|House|House|X|X|X|X|X|X|House|House
3|House|House|X|X|X|Skeleton|EL|Skeleton|House|Hou se
8|House|House|X|X|X|X|ER|X|House|House
[/table]

Elsin hits and does some damage.

Orryn misses.

The skeletons before elsin will attack him, the other two will move to attack him.

1st attack vs ac, [roll0]
damage if hit, [roll1]
2nd attack vs ac, [roll2]
damage if hit, [roll3]
3rd attack vs ac, [roll4]
damage if hit, [roll5]
4th attack vs ac, [roll6]
damage if hit, [roll7]
5th attack vs ac, [roll8]
damage if hit, [roll9]