PDA

View Full Version : Almost like me (2 3.5 races) PEACH

Orzel
2010-06-17, 06:25 PM
"Desperate to survive, a wizard targeted an assassin with an untested spell he purchased designed to rip him into a billion pieces. But something went wrong for the assassin seemed unharmed by the spell. The wizard acted fast, anchored the would-be-slayer with a spell, and teleported away.

He had no idea what he created.

The assassin fell ill. His symptoms resembled pregnancy. This was strange for a man. His belly grew rapidly and a strange portal-like rift lay atop it. Out of it crawled an almost exact replica of the assassin. This process repeated again for both the man and his clone a year later. Each year, more were "born". Each one slightly different from the last. The man was becoming his own race."

95% of these clones were born as normal humans. They only differed in height, weight, gender, and color. They knew little of the original and his skills but retained most of his mannerisms and habits.

The last 5% were abnormal.

Blanks were stripped of self almost completely. They lack most of their memory, skills, and knowledge. Their foreheads and stomachs are slightly larger and their eyes are dark gray. Blanks are quick learners but forget they exist when in public. They rarely become adventurers unless pushed. Most blanks become advisers to very stable people who need a clear mind to talk to.

Blank Clone
* -2 Constitution, +6 Intelligence, -4 Charisma.
* Medium monstrous humanoid (shapechanger).
* A blank’s base land speed is 30 feet.
* (Change Shape (Su) A blank can assume the shape of a normal human. A true seeing spell or ability reveals its natural form)
* Automatic Languages: Common. Bonus Languages: Any (other than secret languages)
* Favored Class: Wizard.
* Level adjustment +1.

Duos are a result of a failed "birth" of a blank. The "parent" clone reabsorbs the new clone before it can escape. The second clone is caught in a dimensional limbo with the first clones body. The upper body sticks out the parent's lower back. The two clones mind's merge slightly and a telepathic link is created between them.

The first clone is usually the dominant one due to the second being almost a blank. The first clone makes all the decisions and is the one active in combat. The second clone functions mostly as added weight and an extra set of hands, eyes and ears.

Clone Duo
* -2, Dexterity, +2 Constitution
* Medium monstrous humanoid (shapechanger).
* A duo’s base land speed is 30 feet.
* +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison and disease.
* +2 morale bonus on saving throws against against enchantment spells or effects
* Extra body. A duo's second body gives it a +2 racial bonus on Climb, Listen, Spot, Search, and Swim checks second body has a extra pair or uncoordinated hands that can hold items and increase his carrying weight as if his Strength was 6 points higher. Normally a duo cannot make attacks with his extra arms unless his base Dexterity is above 13.
* Change Shape (Su) A duo can assume the shape of a normal human. While in human form the duo loses all benefit of his Extra body feature. A true seeing spell or ability reveals its natural form)
* Automatic Languages: Common. Bonus Languages: Any (other than secret languages)
* Favored Class: Rogue.

Comments? Better than dopplegangers?
Snatch if you wish.
The two main recurring henchmen in my home game are a blank clone wizard and a duo clone rogue (who just leveled and got 13 Dex) of a party member.

Jallorn
2010-06-17, 09:18 PM
Weird.

But neat. Didn't give it more than a cursory glance, but what do you mean the blanks forget they exist?

Morph Bark
2010-06-18, 02:33 AM
I would imagine that Swimming would actually be harder with an extra torso sticking out, since you got more mass and volume for the stream to push you away with. Also, since it also has a second head, couldn't it get a second standard action per turn, but only for purely mental tasks? Balance would be tougher too, likely... and what of social skills? Perhaps Knowledge skills and other Int-based skills could get a bonus as well due to "two heads are better than one"?

Also, why would his carrying capacity increase? His Strength is still the same and he has still got the same amount of legs. If a normal human gained two extra arms, he couldn't suddenly carry more weight, even if he could carry two extra bags.

Temotei
2010-06-18, 02:50 AM
Duos should almost certainly have a level adjustment. Two extra arms for attacking can be pretty devastating.

The Dexterity requirement isn't very lofty (even full plate-wearing fighters, clerics, and paladins can reach it pretty easily), first of all. Secondly, even if the extra arms held nonmagical weapons, they'd still be extra attacks dealing some decent damage beyond what an ordinary character would be able to do.

If you do put a level adjustment on duos, however, I'd also give them something extra.

How would Two-Weapon Fighting interact with duos?

Ashtagon
2010-06-18, 03:48 AM
Also, since it also has a second head, couldn't it get a second standard action per turn, but only for purely mental tasks?

I'd say no to this. Although he has an extra head, there isn't really much of anything useful for thinking inside of that head.

If you have this as a PC race, does the PC still "give birth" once a year on schedule?

Orzel
2010-06-18, 04:43 AM
The duo's subordinate head doesn't "think" and is mental dominated by the other one. It almost mindless. It's like a nonundead zombie attached to your back. It lacks a Charisma score. No extra actions and skill points.

A blank clone is only slightly better. They can barely tell the difference between themselves and things around it. They never give an opinion unless asked. They never share ideas and constantly forget it is in a group.

I don't know about a LA for duos. You need to get to Dex 13 with a -2 penalty. Then you need the feats. Both of them. TWF in human/normal form and MWF for high dex dou form. Forgot to add that part.

Morph Bark
2010-06-18, 05:26 AM
The duo's subordinate head doesn't "think" and is mental dominated by the other one. It almost mindless. It's like a nonundead zombie attached to your back. It lacks a Charisma score. No extra actions and skill points.

If it'd lack a Charisma score, it would be incapable of any action at all, as it would be in a coma. Even a Zombie has a Cha score of 1. Making it a part of the creature would likely be bad, but acting as if it effectively is permanently dominated by the "parent" creature would work better. Although... wouldn't it make more sense then that if the creature's Cha score was at least 13 it could use its other torso, rather than Dex?

Also, I presume that duos still have gender as it is prettymuch a human with an extra torso, but do blanks also still have gender? And how do they reproduce? In the same manner through which they were created, I presume?

Orzel
2010-06-18, 05:54 AM
The subordinate head somewhere between vegetable and mindless. It really can't tell the difference between itself and main head and only does what it is told. The stats is for the main head.

The dex req is for the main's torso to get out way of the subordinate's arms. It's awkward to fight with both bodies normally. Only agile clone duos can. I wish I had artistic talent to illustrate one.

Analytica
2010-06-18, 07:08 AM
Only agile clone duos can. I wish I had artistic talent to illustrate one.

These Naruto character(s) (Sakon and Ukon) seem a little like you're after. The back brother is generally only so much dead weight, but sometimes wakes up. When in superpower mode, he can detach.

http://www.freewebs.com/tayuya218/sakon.jpg

Orzel
2010-06-18, 08:23 PM
Sakon and Ukon are similar to a dou clone. Main difference is the other guy is always awake and mostly useless rather than sometimes awake and occasionally powerful.

Milskidasith
2010-06-18, 08:30 PM
Who cares about multiweapon fighting... you don't need to make attacks with them to four hand for 2.5x strength bonus and 4x power attacks.

Temotei
2010-06-18, 09:12 PM
Who cares about multiweapon fighting... you don't need to make attacks with them to four hand for 2.5x strength bonus and 4x power attacks.

Huh. I didn't even think of that, for some reason. Dang. :smallamused:

Witty Username
2010-06-19, 12:53 AM
I find this interesting, Have you seen the Bleach movie Memories of Nobody?
sum up, I like but would raise dex requirement for four-hand.

Temotei
2010-06-19, 12:59 AM
I like but would raise dex requirement for four-hand.

I wouldn't. Raising the requirements barely balances it, if it does at all. Balance the race to what it can do. In fact, I'd do away with the Dexterity requirement altogether and just give it LA +1, and possibly an additional ability score or skill bonus.

No one should be shut down from having fun with any race they want to be just because of bad rolls.

Eurus
2010-06-20, 01:09 AM

Technically possible by RAW in the sense that it's not specifically forbidden, but I have difficulty imagining how that would physically work with the way the bodies are set up...

Orzel
2010-06-20, 06:35 AM
What if I made normal clone duos LA+0 and "four usable arms" duos LA+1?