PDA

View Full Version : About races bonus....

Pamela
2010-06-17, 08:15 PM
Hi, im new :smallbiggrin:

it's good to finally register to the forums

i read this comic for a long time but only now I'm registering

I'll start with a question

I am creating a race, I'm thinking in a half-Genie, someone has an idea for the bonus?

I was thinking about, int. and constitution, I guess there is no race with that characteristic ...:smalltongue:

what you guys think about it?

Dusk Eclipse
2010-06-17, 08:21 PM
Well depending on the breed of genie you want to make a hybriyd, you can find out the racial bonus of monsters by substracting 10 from even scores & substracting 11 from odd scores.

That is an start I think...

Also. Welcome to the forums:smallbiggrin:

holywhippet
2010-06-17, 08:23 PM
Are you talking about 3rd edition D&D or 4th edition?

For a half genie I'd consider bonuses to INT and WIS - genies are associated with granting wishes so they'd need decent brainpower to understand a wish, and twist it if need be.

Snake-Aes
2010-06-17, 08:24 PM
Hi, im new :smallbiggrin:

it's good to finally register to the forums

i read this comic for a long time but only now I'm registering

I'll start with a question

I am creating a race, I'm thinking in a half-Genie, someone has an idea for the bonus?

I was thinking about, int. and constitution, I guess there is no race with that characteristic ...:smalltongue:

what you guys think about it?

The official release is not out yet, but Tormenta RPG has the half-genies as a core raçe. They get a bonus in charisma and wis, and a few level 0-1 spells that they can cast naturally when requested by someone else (they are not compelled to obey).
Another reference is the bloodline concept. Janni bloodlines grow a bonus in wisdom and dex, and efreeti bloodlines grow strength and charisma. You can derive from there.

gallagher
2010-06-17, 08:27 PM
i would just go with this (http://amiawiki.shatuga.com/index.php/Air_Genasi), max your CON if you can, and just roleplay it. there are lesser versions but i'm lazy

Pamela
2010-06-17, 08:30 PM
Thank you, Dusk Eclipse, is good to be here:smallwink:

so thats not very original heh...

ok, thanks, i guess i will think about something else...:smallannoyed:

gbprime
2010-06-17, 08:52 PM
Why not take one of the genasi planetouched races? They're only +1 LA and come in 4 varieties, depending on which genie type you'd like to be descended from.

Mind you, there's not one that gets both INT and CON, so pick one of the two and just bump the other higher, as previously mentioned.:smallcool:

Pamela
2010-06-17, 09:14 PM
Mind you, there's not one that gets both INT and CON, so pick one of the two and just bump the other higher, as previously mentioned.:smallcool:

why not? is just something new, like you can do magic and resist some hits

i think in this as something Innovator.

and thats the original part of the race, in my imagination..

but i think this will not work... :S