PDA

View Full Version : People on the forums you would want to play with?

Os1ris09
2010-06-18, 05:32 AM
So I was reading through the forums for a while now and I see some players that I would like the experience to play with.

Just to list a few:

PId6
Keld Denar
Greenish
Curmudgeon
Eldariel

And many more. :smallbiggrin:

weenie
2010-06-18, 06:50 AM
SilverClawShift
SilverClawShift
SilverClawShift
SilverClawShift
SilverClawShift
SilverClawShift
SilverClawShift
SilverClawShift
SilverClawShift
SilverClawShift

:smallbiggrin:

I have no doubt other peolple on this forum are also good gamers, but the games her group runs are art.

TurtleKing
2010-06-18, 07:30 AM
SilverClawShifter, Saph, DracoDei, Bhu, Vorpal Tribble, Djinn-in-a-Tonic, ErrantX, Atwasswamp, and more that I can't remember off the top my head.

Quincunx
2010-06-18, 07:32 AM
I would like to spring oxybe on ri_elfprincess's group and watch the wackiness unfold. . .from a safe distance. Say, over the nearest state line. Rhode Island's tiny enough, I'll still be able to see but I won't be in the same jurisdiction.

BobVosh
2010-06-18, 07:58 AM
Saph, Astralfire, Keld, Vorpal Tribble, Lycan, Kyuubi, PersonMan, Fax Celes, Eldariel

All in no particular order. Or spelled correctly, I imagine.

Zeta Kai
2010-06-18, 08:24 AM
Krimm Blackleaf & the Demented One in a ToB-based 3.x game. With Vorpal Tribble DMing, using his HB monsters. Afroakuma is there, too, playing a plane-walking bard with a vorpal rapier. And I'm the party's map-maker. I would pay to play that game.

Amphetryon
2010-06-18, 08:43 AM
I'd pick bhu, Eldariel, Greenish, any of the Penny Dreadful regulars, and probably at least a half-dozen folks I'm not recalling at this moment.

If you're surprised you're not on the list, my memory is as likely to be at fault as anything else.

Vortling
2010-06-18, 08:45 AM
Clearly you people all need to show up in irc to get some of these games rolling.

jokey665
2010-06-18, 08:45 AM
SilverClawShift
SilverClawShift
SilverClawShift
SilverClawShift
SilverClawShift
SilverClawShift
SilverClawShift
SilverClawShift
SilverClawShift
SilverClawShiftThis is the correct answer.

Saph, Astralfire, Keld, Vorpal Tribble, Lycan, Kyuubi, PersonMan, Fax Celes, EldarielThough this is an acceptable substitute.

valadil
2010-06-18, 09:02 AM
There's a whole bunch of them. More than I could fit in a single group.

What I think is a more interesting question is which person in the playground I'd want to GM for me and this group of playgrounders. Not including The Giant.

jiriku
2010-06-18, 09:08 AM
ThatLankyBugger (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23784). But only his IRL games. :smalltongue:

valadil
2010-06-18, 09:23 AM
ThatLankyBugger (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23784). But only his IRL games. :smalltongue:

And only if someone else is hosting. No offense to Lanky but I don't want him drawing aggro anywhere near my house.

Fax Celestis
2010-06-18, 10:01 AM
Clearly you people all need to show up in irc to get some of these games rolling.

CLEARLY.

irc://irc.gamesurge.net/ #giantitp

do eeeeeet

Temotei
2010-06-18, 10:04 AM
Krimm Blackleaf & the Demented One in a ToB-based 3.x game. With Vorpal Tribble DMing, using his HB monsters. Afroakuma is there, too, playing a plane-walking bard with a vorpal rapier. And I'm the party's map-maker. I would pay to play that game.

Gods, that would be awesome.

*Rolls Will saving throw against being dazed forever*
*Rolls natural 1*
*http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z257/kerisrain/other/0_o.png*

Theodoxus
2010-06-18, 10:33 AM
Sir Giacomo... and his amazing monk. Just to see it done ;)

Seriously, I'd love to be part of Saph's group. Their kind of wacky is my kind of wacky. Oh the guffaws would be endless.

DragoonWraith
2010-06-18, 10:37 AM
SilverClawShift
SilverClawShift
SilverClawShift
SilverClawShift
SilverClawShift
SilverClawShift
SilverClawShift
SilverClawShift
SilverClawShift
SilverClawShift
This was my immediate thought.

Though I have plenty of other forumers I'd love to play with (and some of whom I have), but I don't want to name names because I just know there will be those I will leave out, and I don't want to do that.

AtwasAwamps
2010-06-18, 10:38 AM
Sir Giacomo... and his amazing monk. Just to see it done ;)

Arguments aside, I actually think Giacomo would be a blast to play with. Seems like a good guy.

Saph, definitely. A sense of whimsy combined with a powerful grasp of the game always makes for a fun time.

Eldariel and PersonMan, I think, would be up there. Insightful, clever folks who view the game in the same way I do. I like it.

Pharaoh's Fist, even though he was banned. I just liked him and his acerbic, brutal wit.

Definitely SilverClaw, or at least her GM ;) And the guy who played the Kobold in the Drifter game.

Surprised I haven't seen anyone mention the Fayd/Morchana/Fluffy crew yet, but they are up there for me. Anyone who can take my bizarre shipping theories in stride works for me and they clearly have a fun campaign in an interesting setting.

Okay so I mainly just made a list of people I think would be fun to hang out with. Same thing.

Doc Roc
2010-06-18, 11:45 AM
Arguments aside, I actually think Giacomo would be a blast to play with. Seems like a good guy.

We did run the monkening for a while, and Gia's actually not too bad to play with aside from the arguments. In fact, other than a few bizarre aspects of his views, he's pretty skilled as well. I'm certainly not looking forward to my duel with him.

As for the topic, like Dragoonwraith, I plead the fifth.

Sliver
2010-06-18, 11:52 AM
Only SilverClawShift? I want to play with all her group!

Jarian
2010-06-18, 11:58 AM
I've had the pleasure of playing with a number of people from the forums. Aside from making me drink too much during my stints at DMing on occasion (*pointed look*), it's worked out well so far.

There are a few I wouldn't mind playing one-off games with, just to get some of the cheese out of my bloodstream, but I'll refrain from naming names.

DragoonWraith
2010-06-18, 11:59 AM
Aside from making me drink too much during my stints at DMing on occasion (*pointed look*)
We're sorry!

AtwasAwamps
2010-06-18, 12:02 PM
We're sorry!

No you're not.

Jarian
2010-06-18, 12:03 PM
We're sorry!

It's okay. The hour-long discussion on how to bury a warforged looked much better through the bottom of a glass.

DragoonWraith
2010-06-18, 12:03 PM
That didn't seriously take an hour.

I don't really know where the hell all the time goes, though. We really didn't seem to get much done last night.

Jarian
2010-06-18, 12:05 PM
That didn't seriously take an hour.

Near enough, anyhow.

I don't really know where the hell all the time goes, though.

Playing "Hide the sunrod" mostly.

Umael
2010-06-18, 12:09 PM
SilverClawShift
SilverClawShift
SilverClawShift
SilverClawShift
SilverClawShift
SilverClawShift
SilverClawShift
SilverClawShift
SilverClawShift
SilverClawShift

:smallbiggrin:

I have no doubt other peolple on this forum are also good gamers, but the games her group runs are art.

*sigh*

Yeah, I'm going to have to echo this.

SilverClawShift and her group would be awesome.

Don't get me wrong, I think there are a lot of you that would make good additions to my gaming group (or I could select a handful of you and we would form the perfect gaming group, kinda like Voltron, only better special effects) - but the only one I know I want in my group / to be in her group is SilverClawShift.

AtwasAwamps
2010-06-18, 12:12 PM

*sigh*

Yeah, I'm going to have to echo this.

SilverClawShift and her group would be awesome.

Don't get me wrong, I think there are a lot of you that would make good additions to my gaming group (or I could select a handful of you and we would form the perfect gaming group, kinda like Voltron, only better special effects) - but the only one I know I want in my group / to be in her group is SilverClawShift.

You betrayed me again, BFF.

My retribution is swift and baked.

Human Paragon 3
2010-06-18, 12:15 PM
Definitely Saph.

Also, I'm going to go out on a limb here and pick a dark horse: valadil.

Yuki Akuma
2010-06-18, 12:19 PM
Most people on the forum, actually - even the ones I disagree with. Most people here seem like good players.

A game with everyone in it at once would be a cluster****, though.

Morph Bark
2010-06-18, 12:24 PM

That would be tons of madness that I would willingly subject myself to and contribute to the best of my ability to make it even more crazy-awesome.

Temotei
2010-06-18, 12:26 PM

It would be oh so fun though. :smallamused:

G3N3R3L GHOST
2010-06-18, 12:33 PM
I'm still fairly new around here but I will go ahead and say that I would love to play with everyone around here as everyone here shares a common love...so yeah everyone...except for idiots and small children...rule out whoever you want for that haha:smallwink:

Knaight
2010-06-18, 12:34 PM
Really, pretty much anyone here, though I would want to play under Eloi particularly. Her setting sounds...interesting. :smallamused:

Yuki Akuma
2010-06-18, 12:35 PM
I'm still fairly new around here but I will go ahead and say that I would love to play with everyone around here as everyone here shares a common love...

We totally do not.

We'd argue for hours over what game system to use.

AtwasAwamps
2010-06-18, 12:37 PM
We totally do not.

And end up LARPing!

G3N3R3L GHOST
2010-06-18, 12:40 PM
We totally do not.

Lmao, point taken. Still...pretty much everyone though. In their venue of choice...to avoid decapitations.

Zovc
2010-06-18, 12:54 PM
I'd just like to play.

No one plays D&D in small-town Louisiana, and I'd feel like a creep recruiting high school students.

That, and I only make posts on this forum, I don't read anyone else's. :smalltongue:

Knaight
2010-06-18, 12:58 PM
I'd just like to play.

No one plays D&D in small-town Louisiana, and I'd feel like a creep recruiting high school students.

That, and I only make posts on this forum, I don't read anyone else's. :smalltongue:

If you are willing to branch beyond D&D and join a chat room, I can fit you into a game.

Umael
2010-06-18, 01:02 PM
You betrayed me again, BFF.

My retribution is swift and baked.

Hey!

I just said that I WOULD game with SilverClawShift!

I didn't say I WOULDN'T game with you!

Are... are these the baked goods with frosting?

Kiren
2010-06-18, 01:04 PM
No one plays around in in NJ either.

Anyway, who I would want to play with:

Tabletopnuke
Zexion
Eloi
Fax Celestis
The Vorpal Tribble
Eldan
DracoDei
Zeta Kai

RelentlessImp
2010-06-18, 01:16 PM
Near enough, anyhow.

Playing "Hide the sunrod" mostly.

Really? Because what I saw last night looked more like "Find the Hobgoblin".

I kid, I kid.

Fax, Vorpal Tribble, Krimm Blackleaf - with ALL of their homebrew available - Viletta Vadim, SilverClawShift...

Mushroom Ninja
2010-06-18, 01:22 PM
Most people on the forum, actually - even the ones I disagree with. Most people here seem like good players.

This basically sums up my feelings on the matter as well.

Zovc
2010-06-18, 01:26 PM
This basically sums up my feelings on the matter as well.

In all seriousness, this.

Check your PMs, Knaight.

Also, Mushroom Ninja, what is the alignment where you can punch a baby, then kiss its mother? That's the one I want to be.

Another_Poet
2010-06-18, 01:28 PM
I am pretty content with my current PbP crowds :)

balistafreak
2010-06-18, 01:30 PM

Absolutely not. I daresay we could make it work.

Not a single game, but a living campaign!

A sort of convention, over the span of a week, where adventurers everywhere determine the fate of a world!

... I'd like to manage that.

On second thought, I wouldn't.

Yeah, I agree with you. :smalltongue:

Il_Vec
2010-06-18, 01:48 PM
I'd say most people would make a fun group.

But something makes me wanna Curmudgeon, Doc Roc, Saph and Person_Man for a group sounds cool. Optimystik, Fax Celestis and people who play Test of Spite also.

Mushroom Ninja
2010-06-18, 01:50 PM
Also, Mushroom Ninja, what is the alignment where you can punch a baby, then kiss its mother? That's the one I want to be.

Chaotic Awesome (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ChaoticStupid)

valadil
2010-06-18, 02:02 PM
Definitely Saph.

Also, I'm going to go out on a limb here and pick a dark horse: valadil.

Much appreciated and I'd certainly return the favor, although we both know the game would degenerate into a discussion about GMing theory :-P

Human Paragon 3
2010-06-18, 03:14 PM
Nah, we'd save that for the post-session conversation.

Thought of another dark horse, don't think he's been mentioned yet: ShneekyTheLost.

Vizzerdrix
2010-06-18, 03:25 PM
I'd like to share a game or two with Another Poet, but not as my DM.

Os1ris09
2010-06-18, 03:33 PM
We totally do not.

You know what... At least when we do we all have fun at the end of the day and one common thing in general. WE all like/love D&D no matter what version. :smalltongue:

Ultimately though I am not famous enough to be registered in the top 100..... :smallfrown:

Oh well time to go out there and make myself famous. :smallbiggrin:

Human Paragon 3
2010-06-18, 03:35 PM
Oh, I thought of another good one, although he's been MIA for Idunno how long:

Chaotic/Funky himself:

Kellus

Knaight
2010-06-18, 03:35 PM
You know what... At least when we do we all have fun at the end of the day and one common thing in general. WE all like/love D&D no matter what version. :smalltongue:

Eh, not a D&D fan personally. Dislike every edition, consider 3.5 the most tolerable, and well below a lot of games. I would imagine there are others like me as well.

Os1ris09
2010-06-18, 03:37 PM
Eh, not a D&D fan personally. Dislike every edition, consider 3.5 the most tolerable, and well below a lot of games. I would imagine there are others like me as well.

wow.... mood kill man.... i was trying to bring the comadarie (think i spelled that wrong) back in to play aaannnddd you shot it down with a RPG...... :smallfrown:

Knaight
2010-06-18, 03:40 PM
wow.... mood kill man.... i was trying to bring the comadarie (think i spelled that wrong) back in to play aaannnddd you shot it down with a RPG...... :smallfrown:

Aww, I still haven't ascended to FAE status?:smallfrown: Alternate point of camaraderie we all like Order of the Stick.:smallsmile:

ZeroNumerous
2010-06-18, 03:45 PM
Alternate point of camaraderie we all like Order of the Stick.:smallsmile:

Is this a bad time to mention I've sort of kinda stopped reading around 715?

Os1ris09
2010-06-18, 03:50 PM
I knew I spelled that word wrong.... darn it. :smallmad:

Oh well.... :smallsigh: Still my point was made. We all get along pretty well so why not play a game of D&D to have good fun and creativity. :smallbiggrin:

oxybe
2010-06-18, 03:53 PM
I would like to spring oxybe on ri_elfprincess's group and watch the wackiness unfold. . .from a safe distance. Say, over the nearest state line. Rhode Island's tiny enough, I'll still be able to see but I won't be in the same jurisdiction.

who is this elven maiden and why am i getting a grin thinking of the shenanigans we could pull?

in all honesty, i'd game with anyone at least 3 times: one to break the ice, two to get a feel for them, three to make the final decision.

Dracons
2010-06-18, 03:54 PM
Serpentine and Lycanmancer.

Eldan
2010-06-18, 04:00 PM
No one plays around in in NJ either.

Anyway, who I would want to play with:

Tabletopnuke
Zexion
Eloi
Fax Celestis
The Vorpal Tribble
Eldan
DracoDei
Zeta Kai

What now? Why? Have we ever had a game together? I'm actually a pretty bad GM, live. I lose all discussions with my players, can't generate atmosphere and have never written one adventure that worked in my life!

Keld Denar
2010-06-18, 04:03 PM
I've played in a PbP game with Saph, Pharoah's Fist, Kelpstrand, and Doc Roc, with Icewalker DMing. We were pretty much rocking RHoD until 2 players got banned. Grrrrr...Still it was a fun time and it was a pleasure working with Saph and the others. Now, if I could just get her to update in the game we are playing over on myth-weavers...grrrrr.

PS, I'm open to PbP games if someone is DMing. Just drop me a PM any time and I'll join you game. I have good references! :smallcool:

Saph
2010-06-18, 04:05 PM
I've played in a PbP game with Saph, Pharoah's Fist, Kelpstrand, and Doc Roc, with Icewalker DMing. We were pretty much rocking RHoD until 2 players got banned. Grrrrr...Still it was a fun time and it was a pleasure working with Saph and the others. Now, if I could just get her to update in the game we are playing over on myth-weavers...grrrrr.

I already did. I'm waiting on the GM. :smalltongue:

Another_Poet
2010-06-18, 04:12 PM
I'd like to share a game or two with Another Poet, but not as my DM.

Haha, uh-oh, which of my threads was it?

I will say though that I am flattered that someone named me :)

Yay I has rep!

Zore
2010-06-18, 04:23 PM
Based on some of the stories that get told around here, in campaign journals or otherwise, it sounds like it would be a lot of fun to play with any of you. I know there are a few people that I would love to play with, but doubt I could get in a game with them.

Kaiyanwang
2010-06-18, 04:27 PM
The_Glyphstone.

He brings popcorns.

Kaiser Omnik
2010-06-18, 04:31 PM
Omnik.

Seriously, the people with whom I am already playing in the PbP forums are mostly fantastic. You can't go wrong with people such as Kasanip, Raz_Fox, Ipphli, Jair Barik, krrth, among others.

Scorpina
2010-06-18, 04:33 PM
I'm not sure who exactly, but I'd like to play with people from the playground. If only that were possible.

Os1ris09
2010-06-18, 04:37 PM
Wish I could PbP but I have no idea how and stuff like that... I have a myth-weavers acct but I only use it for character sheets.

I REALLY wish I could play with some of the optimizers in the playground just to see if them roleplay their character and see all the amazing styles that come out. :smallbiggrin:

Vizzerdrix
2010-06-18, 05:09 PM
I'm not sure who exactly, but I'd like to play with people from the playground. If only that were possible.

You can. Just go to the PbP section and get started ^_^

And Os1ris09, I don't fully understand it either, but I'm planning on learning using the Never Ending Dungeon game. Maybe you could too. Or if enough of us ask politely maybe someone will be willing to run people through a Noob friendly tutorial?

Scorpina
2010-06-18, 05:10 PM

I've tried that, I can never keep my free-time organised enough to be reliable.

Fax Celestis
2010-06-18, 05:14 PM

<_< Come to the IRC?

Yuki Akuma
2010-06-18, 05:28 PM
Wait, we have an IRC channel?

Why was I not informed?

0Megabyte
2010-06-18, 05:29 PM
SilverClawShift and her group, of course. That was my absolute first thought.

Seph seems fun. As does Atwas. I don't know most of you well enough yet to give any good opinions on the matter.

Merk
2010-06-18, 05:31 PM
Anyone, so long as the Rule of Fun is your first priority and the Rule of Cool is your second.

Fax Celestis
2010-06-18, 05:36 PM
Wait, we have an IRC channel?

Why was I not informed?

CLEARLY.

irc://irc.gamesurge.net/ #giantitp

do eeeeeet

FROM THIS VERY THREAD

Look alive, people, things be happening ALL THE TIME. IRC is where it's at, yo.

Yuki Akuma
2010-06-18, 05:39 PM
Psh, like I pay attention.

sofawall
2010-06-18, 05:45 PM
<_< Come to the IRC?

I've popped in there twice. It was dead both times.

NEO|Phyte
2010-06-18, 05:46 PM
I've popped in there twice. It was dead both times.

Dead as in quiet, or dead as in nobody there? Because there's certainly been people in here. Plenty of them.

Fax Celestis
2010-06-18, 05:49 PM
Case in point: last ten minutes of conversation (http://pastebin.com/WdgDjk95).

Morph Bark
2010-06-18, 05:50 PM
And Os1ris09, I don't fully understand it either, but I'm planning on learning using the Never Ending Dungeon game. Maybe you could too. Or if enough of us ask politely maybe someone will be willing to run people through a Noob friendly tutorial?

That would be great. I've thought about joining a PbP game for a while, as a player, while still DMing a game irl with friends. I am not familiar with PbP games at all, and haven't really had the chance to take up the investment into a single character that a player does (or should do).

Anyone, so long as the Rule of Fun is your first priority and the Rule of Cool is your second.

Word.

Vizzerdrix
2010-06-18, 05:52 PM
Haha, uh-oh, which of my threads was it?

I will say though that I am flattered that someone named me :)

Yay I has rep!

It was the Sewers. Its great and something I read every few weeks, but I just don't think I'd mesh well with your style, as I tend to make over strong characters :smallredface:

That's why I'm looking forward to the NED. Gonna see just how much I can push out of a gestalt build. Reeeally let that baby unwind, ya know :sabine:

Another_Poet
2010-06-18, 06:19 PM
It was the Sewers. Its great and something I read every few weeks, but I just don't think I'd mesh well with your style, as I tend to make over strong characters :smallredface:

That's why I'm looking forward to the NED. Gonna see just how much I can push out of a gestalt build. Reeeally let that baby unwind, ya know :sabine:

Ha, you should see my gestalt evil game at Myth-weavers. I love strong characters. (4 1st level PCs defeated 32 CR 1/3's in a single extended encounter, with a little NPC help from the characters of ex-NPCs who stopped posting).

The sewer game is with my IRL group who are all old-school gamers and have very little interest in optimization. To tell the truth I've worried I should tone it down so they stop dying :)

sofawall
2010-06-18, 06:20 PM
Case in point: last ten minutes of conversation (http://pastebin.com/WdgDjk95).

So, you managed to get 2.5 posts per minute? Hardly a massive amount of chatter.

Fax Celestis
2010-06-18, 06:34 PM
So, you managed to get 2.5 posts per minute? Hardly a massive amount of chatter.

That's a dead point.

This (http://pastebin.com/cpwmjihy) is generally more the pace, and it gets faster during a debate or when people start working on builds or playing in games.

Doc Roc
2010-06-18, 06:34 PM

My services are at your disposal. Duck into ToS live chat any time tonight.

Vizzerdrix
2010-06-18, 06:36 PM
ToS Live chat?

Ah. Test of Spite. Gottcha. Thanks.

WeeFreeMen
2010-06-18, 06:39 PM
OP has a respectable selection. however,

Saph, Astralfire, Keld, Vorpal Tribble, Lycan, Kyuubi, PersonMan, Fax Celes, Eldariel

These are the people who consistently give the most valuable info and help on the posts I do read. So.. I hold them in high reguards.

Also,
TheLaughingLich
Just for the fact his avatar is awesome, ergo, he is awesome.

Sindri
2010-06-18, 07:56 PM
+1 to SilverClawShift.
On second thought...

While(true)
{
SilverClawShift++;
}

Os1ris09
2010-06-18, 08:02 PM
My services are at your disposal. Duck into ToS live chat any time tonight.

I may not be able to do so tonight due to a family event going on...

May I take a rain check on a latter date?

Also would you or anyone in the playground be so kindly to help those of us who are not familiar with PbP and give us a tutorial and maybe play a small session with us so we can become familiar with the system.

My reason being is because I have wanted to play with so many people from here on the playground and vegas.... well not to many people play here and I can't find a group... only my uncles and its getting a little tiring.... :smallfrown:

Dust
2010-06-18, 08:09 PM
Party: DracoDei, Fax Celestis, PersonMan, the immortal Djinn, the ineffable Doc Roc, and the lovely Serpentine.

GM: Tam O'Conner, Fayd's GM.

Kobold-Bard
2010-06-18, 08:26 PM
Playing with The Vorpal Tribble would be awesome.

The idea of trying to Gm for them scared me so much (especially considering their backstory literally gave me nightmares) I just couldn't pick them, lest I fail again as I did for Snark and Toliudar.

------------------

Finally playing in a game with Niezck would be pretty awesome, his dedication to the cause of Epic awesomeness is unbelievably commendable :smallsmile:

Dusk Eclipse
2010-06-18, 09:03 PM
Saph: If her Seven Kingdom journal is an indication of most of her campaings I would love to play in them

AslanCross: Same as Saph but in Eberron!!!

Eldariel: Don't know why I just do,game

Kobold-Bard: If his table game are as good as his pbp (Sun's Going out for example) I want to play in one of them.

PId6: Again, I don't knoe why

Claudius Maximus
2010-06-18, 09:16 PM
Another one for Saph, and I came so close damn it.

Zore
2010-06-18, 09:21 PM
Also Fax? IRC is confusing and populated by what are either obscure in-jokes or some non-english language badly translated that punctuate in and out at random. I've lurked for about four hours total today, and still have no idea what is going on in there.

Jokasti
2010-06-18, 09:30 PM
Who is SilverClawShift? I've never heard of them.

Demons_eye
2010-06-18, 09:38 PM
Who is SilverClawShift? I've never heard of them.

Blasphemy (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116836&highlight=silverclaw+campaign)!!!!

Niezck
2010-06-18, 09:58 PM
Finally playing in a game with Niezck would be pretty awesome, his dedication to the cause of Epic awesomeness is unbelievably commendable :smallsmile:

Wooo!

I will get into an epic game that lasts more than a page, dammit!

As for me - essentially the reverse of the above. Or, tbh, any of the Djinn Epic Level game guys that nearly happened. (KB, Eldan, Salvonus, Dreamshifter, Belial, etc)

Human Paragon 3
2010-06-18, 10:12 PM
Thought I was done here, but just remembered the awesomeness that is Touidar and The Werebear

Fax Celestis
2010-06-18, 10:22 PM
Also Fax? IRC is confusing and populated by what are either obscure in-jokes or some non-english language badly translated that punctuate in and out at random. I've lurked for about four hours total today, and still have no idea what is going on in there.

It gets kind of hectic, but it's a dive-in thing. You'll pick it up quick.

Another_Poet
2010-06-19, 01:39 AM
Thought I was done here, but just remembered the awesomeness that is Touidar

Is this Toliudar? Or is there someone actually named Touidar?

Mystic Muse
2010-06-19, 02:17 AM
Kyuubi

Really? any particular reason? EDIT: question answered through PM.

If nothing else I'm glad I've made an impression here. Well, if it's a good one that is.:smalleek:

As for people I'd want to play with....I don't know of anybody that specifically comes to mind. I'd like to play in a game with the giant but he's about the only person I'd choose specifically. There are a few people I'd avoid playing with but I'm not going to name names.

Umael
2010-06-19, 02:49 AM
You know, I had one person step up and ask for me to run a PbP game. Sadly, I was both too busy at the time and too inexperienced with PbP to do so.

*shrug*

So it goes.

Fortuna
2010-06-19, 04:36 AM
Something that almost happened on PbP, but fell through because of my stupidity: Roland St. Jude. In a game I was running. As a paladin.

I occasionally cry myself to sleep over the thought of the wasted opportunity.

Kobold-Bard
2010-06-19, 04:41 AM
Something that almost happened on PbP, but fell through because of my stupidity: Roland St. Jude. In a game I was running. As a paladin.

:smalleek:

:eek:

Gutted dude :smalltongue:

horngeek
2010-06-19, 04:55 AM
The players of God-Kings of Lotus, in an Exalted game.

...read the God-Kings of Lotus game, and you will get an idea why. :smallcool:

Otogi
2010-06-19, 04:58 AM
You. Yes, you there! :smallwink:

Ashiel
2010-06-19, 08:19 AM
Most anyone in my signature; and a few others I see from time to time.

Fax Celestis
2010-06-19, 11:18 AM

RSJ is actually a really cool guy at the gametable. Ask him about Bakar sometime.

Scarey Nerd
2010-06-19, 03:10 PM
hamishspence, SilverClawShift, AtwasAwamps, AstralFire, and many more, these were just the four that came to mind at the time of writing.

drengnikrafe
2010-06-19, 03:22 PM
While there are any number of posters here I respect and would probably enjoy gaming with, reading this title immediately made me think "I want to play in a campaign run by Lycan01." I've never really got a good scare in my life, and I feel like he is exactly what I need.

Volthawk
2010-06-19, 08:52 PM
What now? Why? Have we ever had a game together? I'm actually a pretty bad GM, live. I lose all discussions with my players, can't generate atmosphere and have never written one adventure that worked in my life!

Well, to be fair, you're good in our Skype games. Real fun.

Jokasti
2010-06-19, 09:01 PM
Blasphemy (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116836&highlight=silverclaw+campaign)!!!!

I read a couple of those and got bored. They seem like regular campaign journals, just with an apparenty big fanbase for some reason.

balistafreak
2010-06-19, 09:07 PM
I read a couple of those and got bored. They seem like regular campaign journals, just with an apparenty big fanbase for some reason.

I would like to know what "regular campaign journals" you've been reading that have made you so jaded - that quality of writing (and quality of gaming, for inspiration) isn't exactly common around here, at any rate. :smallconfused:

Raiki
2010-06-19, 09:13 PM
Just jumping in to add one to the counts for Saph and SCS. ...Also, both of their DMs.

And Roland.

And VT.

And maybe...

I suppose the shorter list would be who in the playground I don't want to play with. :smallbiggrin:

~R~

Edit:
I would like to know what "regular campaign journals" you've been reading that have made you so jaded - that quality of writing (and quality of gaming, for inspiration) isn't exactly common around here, at any rate.

And I'd like to second this question. :smallconfused:

Dusk Eclipse
2010-06-19, 09:15 PM
To be Honest every one can have their opinion I like Silverclaw shift's journal but I prefer both Aslancross and Saph's campaing journal.

Lycan 01
2010-06-19, 09:43 PM
Hmmmmm... There are quite a few people I'd like to play alongside with. I'm not sure who to list, or where to begin... :smalleek:

I'm assuming you mean some other Lycan or Lycan-containing username, since there are several, and Lycanthromancer seems to have gotten named several times. :smalltongue:

While there are any number of posters here I respect and would probably enjoy gaming with, reading this title immediately made me think "I want to play in a campaign run by Lycan01." I've never really got a good scare in my life, and I feel like he is exactly what I need.

You, good sir, made my day. :smallamused:

Unfortunately, I fear my pbp games are terrible in comparison to my RL games, and you'd have to actually be at the table with me (or cowering in the pitch black living room in dead silence while waiting for me to come back in every few minutes and get face-to-face to tell you what hideous torture your character is now being subjected to at the hands of an insane ghost during what will eventually be revealed to be a twisted hallucination in a cursed mansion) in order to fully get the full experience of one of my games. :smalltongue:

Hi, I'm Lycan 01, and I make my players scared to walk home alone at night.

Thajocoth
2010-06-19, 10:33 PM
Perhaps if some of you were in the area, but in my experience online games last about half a session, so I don't play online anymore.

Knaight
2010-06-19, 10:42 PM
Perhaps if some of you were in the area, but in my experience online games last about half a session, so I don't play online anymore.

They don't last long, but I've had PbPs that lasted for about 3 sessions worth of events, and online games that have made 6 or 7. It seems to vary, as I know people who've gamed online for years with real campaigns, and others for whom half a session is extremely accurate.

AtwasAwamps
2010-06-19, 11:25 PM

Long Island, eh?

I game there every wednesday ;)

::brewing thoughts...::

The Tygre
2010-06-19, 11:42 PM
Vorpal Tribble
Krimm Blackleaf
Bhu
Draco Dei
Gareth
Mulletmanalive
Demented One*
* I would -kill- to be in an Exalted game with DO.

the humanity
2010-06-19, 11:46 PM
And end up LARPing!

never liked LARPing. I get the idea, but I like being able to sit down when I roleplay, and swordfight when I swordfight.

there will be no decision... we'll just argue for a few hours and finally split in to groups and do our own thing.

I hope to be in Saphs group by the way. I would like the Giant to join us.

Thajocoth
2010-06-20, 08:12 AM
They don't last long, but I've had PbPs that lasted for about 3 sessions worth of events, and online games that have made 6 or 7. It seems to vary, as I know people who've gamed online for years with real campaigns, and others for whom half a session is extremely accurate.

I've never tried PbP, but I can't really see it working well for me. I absolutely need a physical map for combats. I've tried a few games on OpenRPG. Most people I got were either extremely flaky or didn't understand certain basic principles, so we couldn't get a full session done. I eventually just gave up.

Long Island, eh?

I game there every wednesday ;)

::brewing thoughts...::

Suffolk County. If you travel to LI to play, I would guess you probably play in either Nassau or Queens.

Serpentine
2010-06-20, 08:40 AM
Wait, someone has said me? o.O

(the joys of searching for oneself :smallwink:)

Morph Bark
2010-06-20, 08:45 AM
Wait, someone has said me? o.O

(the joys of searching for oneself :smallwink:)

Just in case it ever happens: if you happen to ever start a donkey-based campaign, PM me about it. I might like to join.

Even though I'd likely make an ass out of myself.

Eldan
2010-06-20, 08:47 AM
I've never tried PbP, but I can't really see it working well for me. I absolutely need a physical map for combats. I've tried a few games on OpenRPG. Most people I got were either extremely flaky or didn't understand certain basic principles, so we couldn't get a full session done. I eventually just gave up.

Suffolk County. If you travel to LI to play, I would guess you probably play in either Nassau or Queens.

Yes, on this forum, games don't last long. However, I've seen games which lasted for years, and thousands of pages.

And as for combat: yes, it tends to work badly. My solution, when I still DMd PbP, was to do either no combat at all, or only very short and simple combat without a map. Obviously, not everyone's style.

Octopus Jack
2010-06-20, 08:51 AM
I'd love to play with pretty much all you guys! You should all come over here and we can have a giant game, it'll be awesome! Get rolling characters and buying plane tickets

Volthawk
2010-06-20, 08:52 AM
I'd love to play with pretty much all you guys! You should all come over here and we can have a giant game, it'll be awesome! Get rolling characters and buying plane tickets

Heh, I wouldn't need a plane. :smallbiggrin:

Godskook
2010-06-20, 09:02 AM
OH god, that's a list. Let me pull out the ole notebook in ma brain and get back to y'all, k?

AslanCross
2010-06-20, 09:07 AM

This is pretty much my list too. Actually, I want to play, period, because I've been stuck as a DM for the past 3 years.

BloodyAngel
2010-06-20, 09:36 AM
I'm having quite a lot of fun playing alongside the people from my pbp games, so I'd have to say them! And It would be crazy great to play in a game with Rich himself. Otherwise, I think most of the regulars on here are a lot of fun. I'd play with you all! :smallbiggrin:

Serpentine
2010-06-20, 11:33 AM
Just in case it ever happens: if you happen to ever start a donkey-based campaign, PM me about it. I might like to join.

Even though I'd likely make an ass out of myself.Hardy har har har :smalltongue:
I'm afraid I'm more likely to run an Animorphs one, though, sorry.

Volthawk
2010-06-20, 11:34 AM
Hardy har har har :smalltongue:

That would still be cool, though.

Scorpina
2010-06-20, 11:42 AM
Hardy har har har :smalltongue:

The concept of an Animorphs RPG is so cool it makes my face hurt.

Serpentine
2010-06-20, 11:45 AM
Did you see my thread on it? Got a reasonable amount done before I ran out of progress.

Volthawk
2010-06-20, 11:45 AM
Did you see my thread on it? Got a reasonable amount done before I ran out of progress.

No I didn't.

Serpentine
2010-06-20, 11:46 AM
Linkypoohs. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140194&highlight=Animorphs)

Volthawk
2010-06-20, 11:48 AM
Linkypoohs. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140194&highlight=Animorphs)

Interesting. Reading it now.

The Glyphstone
2010-06-20, 11:54 AM
The_Glyphstone.

He brings popcorns.

:smallcool:

For me...SilverClawShift (must import DM as well), Saph, Vorpal Tribble, and Fax Celestis.

AtwasAwamps
2010-06-20, 01:10 PM

Awww. You and your living out in the wilderness.

The Tygre
2010-06-20, 11:36 PM
Ooh, yeah, forgot Eldan and Arguskos in a Planescape game!