PDA

View Full Version : Walker in the Waste

NelKor
2010-06-18, 11:55 AM
I'm looking at going into this class in an upcoming campaigne, and alot of stuff i've read about it has people qualifying at three, but i'm not exactly sure how they are getting the three spells as a Cleric. If someone could enlighten me it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

DragoonWraith
2010-06-18, 11:58 AM
If you have both the Thirst and the Sand domains, you can cast 4 spells from those domains at level 3, since you can cast the 1st and 2nd level spells from each domain.

Greenish
2010-06-18, 11:59 AM
Uhm, take sand and thirst domains?

KillianHawkeye
2010-06-18, 04:42 PM
I'm not sure the prereqs work like that.

Spells: Ability to cast at least three spells of the Sand or Thirst domain as divine spells.

Note the use of the word "or" and the singular "domain." I think it means you can't qualify by taking both, but I guess a lenient DM may allow it.

DragoonWraith
2010-06-18, 04:45 PM
I agree, it's not clear. But if the question is "how are they doing it?" then taking both domains is the answer. It might not be a legal answer, but it's what they're doing, RAW or not.

KillianHawkeye
2010-06-18, 04:51 PM
I agree, it's not clear. But if the question is "how are they doing it?" then taking both domains is the answer. It might not be a legal answer, but it's what they're doing, RAW or not.

Aha, you are correct, sir!

Zovc
2010-06-18, 04:58 PM
Doesn't Walker in the Wastes give you all kinds of spells for your spell list/spells known?

SO much better for a non-cleric/druid. Unless you're a Spontanious Cleric/Druid, for whatever reason... OSHI-

EDIT: I was thinking of the Sand Shaper, sorry.

AmberVael
2010-06-18, 04:59 PM

Just to note, the example character given under Walker in the Waste is qualifying by drawing from both domains too...
Druids don't get three spells from one domain (until maybe after level 5, but I didn't check), yet their level 5 Druid DID become a Walker in the Waste. A level 5 Druid does get access to three spells from the domains, but not three from one or the other.

Though example characters are notoriously bad with things like this, so it might not count for much.

lsfreak
2010-06-18, 05:02 PM
Actually, with that specific wording, the domains themselves don't matter - only the ability to cast 3 spells that happen to be on those domain lists, whether or not you're casting them as domain spells. Thus Sand domain gets you two spells (Waste Strider, Black Sand), and merely being a cleric gets you a third (Desiccate).

KillianHawkeye
2010-06-18, 06:11 PM
But if it can be from both domains, a 5th level Cleric can qualify and have any 2 domains they want, since they get black sand, dessicate, and haboob on their main list.

PlzBreakMyCmpAn
2010-06-18, 06:20 PM
hehe. Its enterable at ECL2 with any race.

(Cloistered) Cleric 1/Walker in the Waste 1

Magical Training (1), Precocious Apprentice (Flaw 1), Heat Endurance (Flaw 2)

obviously you will want the sand and thirst domains but Black Sand as your Precocious Apprentice spell (off of the Sand domain) as well is needed.

:smallwink: