PDA

View Full Version : Tiny Adventures on Facebook.

Chambers
2010-06-18, 01:11 PM
WoTC dropped the facebook game last month. Which sucked. I liked playing the game and was on my 4th generation.

Did anyone else play the game? How far did you get? What was your favorite part of it?

G3N3R3L GHOST
2010-06-18, 01:13 PM
I did not see such a game on facebook. However I will say due to your infinite wisdom I am not very inclined to go look it up as I tend to shy away from sucky games.

Mongoose87
2010-06-18, 01:24 PM
I played abotu 13 generations, then got bored. Unfortunately, there's little the player does to actually affect the outcome of the game.

Talon Sky
2010-06-18, 02:11 PM
Got to around generation 11. I ended up using the Drow Ranger over and over; it was the best. Lol

MariettaGecko
2010-06-18, 02:14 PM
I played for a while, then got bored with it. The problem I had with it is that there was no variation at all in the quests you did, and you could easily min/max them.

Chambers
2010-06-18, 02:16 PM
Have you thought about what a Tiny Adventure style game would be like on the forums? I think you could remove the 'roll singe check to determine encounter success' and just have the adventure be a series of encounters that the characters play through.

Kylarra
2010-06-18, 02:17 PM
I forget how many generations I played, it was kind of amusing for a while, but I dropped it after a brief flurry of activity. I did use it as a segue to get people that don't normally play D&D a bit interested in it, albeit nothing came of it yet in terms of a game. Oh well.

onthetown
2010-06-18, 04:16 PM
I got bored with it halfway through second generation. It's nice that they wanted to create a game where the player only had to check in to see how the character was doing... But if I wanted to read a story, I would go buy a book.

KillianHawkeye
2010-06-18, 04:33 PM
I played about 14 characters. It was pretty interesting for a while. Really easy and not very time consuming at all. But after you've seen every possible outcome a couple of times, it kinda gets boring. It got a little boost when they added some new adventures and the PH2 race/class combos, but it couldn't keep the game alive.

In the end, I'd rather play something that's an actual game.

herrhauptmann
2010-06-18, 05:26 PM
Played it for probably 15 generations.
Most characters ended with at least 2 artifacts (all were better than the +1 to all stats ring).

Among my friends list, I had 9 of the top 10 scores (someone with 23 generations had #5). Even managed to complete a generation with iron man both the higher difficulty options enabled.

Got very bored, especially when I realized most of the PHB 2 characters had bugs with their powers. Nevermind the game spamming my wall, and my friends news posts, and the advertisements.
And it was still better than the other D&D games on facebook.