PDA

View Full Version : Stronghold Game

imp_fireball
2010-06-18, 05:09 PM
This is similar to 'tribes of the eastern continent (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148060)' but with the exception that it is a middle ages setting - each day in real life is still 1 week in game. The same map will still be used. Players choose their own coat of arms.

Players begin with one lord/lady, and the lord's keep - which can garrison up to 80 soldiers and 160 staff and residents - or overstock by garrisoning 120 soldiers with only room for 80 staff and residents.

You also have 1000 points to spend on servants (1 point per ECL) to your lord/lady, whom can become workers (commoners essentially), performing any task such as hunting, farming, crafting, accommodations, etc., or soldiers (Warriors).

You gain more civilians by proving that you can protect more, spreading your repute, or providing decent living conditions, etc.

There's also war and technology.

At each week, you order all of your civilians (or servants) to perform tasks. I roll a d20 for each task, and then tell you the result. Education and experience (leveling up, determined by me) can make servants better at certain tasks.
----

So what does everyone think so far?

I think I'll scrap the skill system used in the previous game. That way, you need only come up with fluff, a location on the map (which I will give later), a name and banner and a choice of servants (which can be any intelligent creature in any 3.5 book up to CR 4). If said creature is incapable of certain tasks, then I will disallow it obviously.

You can create or attract heroes too (creatures with PC levels), but that will happen at a later date.

Milskidasith
2010-06-18, 05:15 PM
This isn't freeform is the only thought that comes to mind.

onthetown
2010-06-18, 09:04 PM
It doesn't sound like freeform. It sounds like Stronghold.

imp_fireball
2010-06-21, 02:48 PM
K fine. Well, in order to make it a game, it can't be freeform. Hence, it's an RPG, not an RP.