PDA

View Full Version : Rate this combo

acid_ninja
2010-06-18, 09:31 PM
For a 5th level character (wizard 4/warblade 1 building to an eldritch knight ala Krimm/abjurant champion):

Combat reflexes + deadly defense + punishing stance= -2 to attack for + 2d6 damage. Like power attack but getting d6s instead of one point. Maybe getting arcane strike later (although abjurant champion has a weaker version so maybe not) to burn a 1st level spell for normal attack and +2d6/+1d4 damage.
I can't figure out what else to do with my stance choice. Blood in the water is okay (rapier wielding so I'll get a decent amount of crits) but I don't plan to take a lot of Tiger claw. I don't like the AC penalty from Stance of Clarity since I'm still pretty squishy at this point. Bolstering voice is useful if bland and not sure about party comp for the stance that gives bonuses to chargers.

The Rose Dragon
2010-06-18, 09:33 PM
The biggest bonus of Power Attack is that it's multiplied. Bonus dice are not multiplied. Ergo, it's not that useful in place of Power Attack.

true_shinken
2010-06-18, 09:49 PM
If you invest more on Expertise, like Cobalt Expertise, Vest of Defense and the like, you'd have something, I guess.