PDA

View Full Version : Rate and Help 3.5

Shadwen
2010-06-19, 12:56 AM
Multiclassing penalties have been removed. So take that into account.

Dwarven 3 knight/4 fighter/3 Dwarven Defender

Uses a whip and a Large Shield + Shield Spike

The idea is to grab the opponents and pull them to him and follow it wiht a shield bash. It would require the shield bash setup and most likely the grapple chain. Please help me finish it. Also for a buddy who is new to the game. A tank with moderate damage and good control over the field.

Edit: Im thinking knight will give a good bonus to the defense, fighter will give access to a good setup of feats needed. The dwarven defender seems to be overlooked but nice. He will probably continue the Dwarven Defender all the way and finish up with fighter for the feats.

Frosty
2010-06-19, 01:00 AM
Multiclassing penalties have been removed. So take that into account.

Dwarven 3 knight/4 fighter/3 Dwarven Defender

Uses a whip and a Large Shield + Shield Spike

The idea is to grab the opponents and pull them to him and follow it wiht a shield bash. It would require the shield bash setup and most likely the grapple chain. Please help me finish it. Also for a buddy who is new to the game. A tank with moderate damage and good control over the field.

Edit: Im thinking knight will give a good bonus to the defense, fighter will give access to a good setup of feats needed. The dwarven defender seems to be overlooked but nice. He will probably continue the Dwarven Defender all the way and finish up with fighter for the feats.

Why not just use a Spiked Chain to smack people instead of shieldbashing? If worried about AC, get an Animated shield later on. Also, Crusader.

Shadwen
2010-06-19, 01:05 AM
Mainly for RP. Also i think it would be nice to not be a tripper. He is new and he wants to be that savior guy.

PId6
2010-06-19, 01:15 AM
Do you expect to fight in narrow dungeons and corridors a lot? If there will be a lot of open terrain, then Dwarven Defender is going to be pretty bad and you're far better off skipping it. If the terrain is mostly narrow corridors and your allies are mostly ranged/casters, it might be decent.

Frosty
2010-06-19, 01:34 AM
Mainly for RP. Also i think it would be nice to not be a tripper. He is new and he wants to be that savior guy.
And what part of the Knight in Shining Armor picture comes the whip? Seriously. You're talking about a guy who wants to do battlefield control with a whip. How is that much different than using a spiked chain?

Rmember: A person's class has nothing to do with background/fluff. Just the abilities. So Savior Guy could be Paladin, Crusader, Knight, Fighter, what have you. Don't get too attached to a class.

Shadwen
2010-06-19, 01:40 AM
I think its going to be a wide mix, but most likely alot of indoors things going on. The whip was gonna be used to save others. Dwarven defender can be replaced..any suggestions.

@frosty: heh, yeah. Dont want to throw him into the god-awesomeness of tripping just yet. This is mostly a beginners campaign. Also the whip was the only weapon that came to mind that could grapple and yank people in. Savior was meant towards the idea of saving people through pulling them in to the tank like character. If you have a better suggest cool. But i really do wish to stay away from the tripping aspect.

On to the main idea. Trying to build a tank. So work with it heh. This is what i got from reading the basic books. I havent gone too far into the other ones. So any ideas for a "Tank" character?

GoodbyeSoberDay
2010-06-19, 01:50 AM
Okay, you're against tripping. How about Stand Still?

Shadwen
2010-06-19, 12:14 PM
whats stand still?

Greenish
2010-06-19, 12:33 PM
The idea is to grab the opponents and pull them to himHmm, if whip counts as a light or one-handed weapon, you might be able to do this with Scorpion's Grasp. Still a bit silly.

You know what, have your friend play a crusader and be actually competent.

(Oh, and Stand Still (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/psionicFeats.htm#standStill).)

Shadwen
2010-06-19, 01:46 PM
book for the crusader class?

Draz74
2010-06-19, 01:53 PM
Tome of Battle.

Shadwen
2010-06-19, 02:09 PM
ok thank you ill look into that class.