PDA

View Full Version : Hotmail/Windows Live Troubles

MoelVermillion
2010-06-19, 01:00 AM
So in my infinite wisdom and paranoia a few months ago I decided that I needed to update all my passwords for things like Hotmail, steam etc. Now when I set my Hotmail/Windows Live password I decided to set it on the reset every 3 months mode, I was hoping they might send me a warning a week or so before my password expired so I'd have a chance to change it or something but no go.

I decided to use the "forgot your password" option but it won't allow me to reset my password through any other methods but sending the password reset email directly to its own email account. I know that I had a secret password and answer set up for this account so I don't understand why I can't use it.

Its pretty important that I get this account back so if anyone can help I'd like to know what I can do.

lesser_minion
2010-06-22, 12:56 PM
I think I'd have to suggest contacting Microsoft directly -- I'd be surprised if they let you implement mandatory password reset without giving you some sort of grace login system.

Phishfood
2010-06-24, 08:00 AM
that IS weird, usually on an enforced password reset you would log in and it would say "your password has expired, change it now you have no choice! and no soup for you!" or something like that. Very poor system that just locks you out if you don't change your password.

Only option would be to contact microsoft.