PDA

View Full Version : Planar Shepherd

TechnOkami
2010-06-19, 01:14 AM
So, for those of you know about the Planar Shepherd class, this is more of a "what's your opinion" sort of question. Currently, I believe the best plane for the Planar Shepherd class is the Realm of Dreams, giving me all types of wildshapes as well as time dilating bubble. So, my new question: Is there a plane which is better?

Thank you Thrice Dead Cat for relaying key info to me.

Thrice Dead Cat
2010-06-19, 01:25 AM
I thought that the Region of Dreams had all creatures ever.:smallconfused:

If you stick to the planes for the Eberron setting, Xoriat is probably going to be your best bet for wildshaping and 10:1 actions.

TechnOkami
2010-06-19, 01:37 AM
Does the region of dreams contain all the outsiders?? Oh, and I can't use plains found in Ebberon because I'm in the Dragonlance Campaign Setting, with approval to the class by my DM.

Thrice Dead Cat
2010-06-19, 01:41 AM
I'd stick with the Outlands if not, simply because the 10:1 action economy could be brutal, especially if your DM doesn't see it coming. If the Region of Dreams does have everything ever, then I'd simply hold back on the 10:1 actions except for some clutch moment.

Koury
2010-06-19, 01:59 AM
If you're in a 10:1 bubble, do you age 10x faster? :smallconfused:

Eurus
2010-06-19, 02:03 AM

Yeah. Does it generally matter? No, not usually...

TechnOkami
2010-06-19, 02:10 AM

I'm sorry, with the way you're looking at it, it should be 1:10, meaning that time slows by material plane (1) to realm of dreams (10), effectively letting you with the planar bubble ability have the same conditions inside as if you were on the plane, enabling your friends to pelt enemies with spells before the enemy has a chance to do anything. For technical purposes, look at the 1:10 as 1 minute to ten minutes, which then means one round to ten rounds.

gorfnab
2010-06-19, 02:12 AM
Lamannia - Free SLA Limited Wishes from Genies
Syrania - Miracles from Solar spellcasting, Free SLA Wishes from Solar
Fernia - Free SLA Wishes from Efreeti
Dal Quor - 10:1 time bubble in your favor

Not sure what the Dragonlance planes will offer though.

Wings of Peace
2010-06-19, 02:12 AM
Does the region of dreams contain all the outsiders?? Oh, and I can't use plains found in Ebberon because I'm in the Dragonlance Campaign Setting, with approval to the class by my DM.

If you want to be very technical the Region of Dreams contains every creature in existence and even many that do not as any creature dreamt according to the cosmology is a part of the region of dreams even if only on the very fringes of it.

2xMachina
2010-06-19, 04:54 AM
Custom plane.

Get your party wizard to genesis something nice up.

Everything you could want CAN be there.

Bayar
2010-06-19, 10:57 AM
Custom plane.

Get your party wizard to genesis something nice up.

Everything you could want CAN be there.

I'm not sure that would work. And even if it did, there would be no creatures on that plane to wildshape into. You would probably have to ask your DM if bringing and breeding different creatures on your demiplane would make them native or something.

But a demiplane that has a flowing time trait that goes fast and BACKWARDS, that would be awesome.

2xMachina
2010-06-19, 12:56 PM
It's more of the special planar traits that is wanted.

Yes, you don't get the crazy wildshapes, but you get the fast time, divinely morphic (and by divine, I mean you, since you created it), and so forth. Even a commoner can kill anything, you don't need wildshape.

There are too many ways to get free wishes already anyway.