PDA

View Full Version : Psychometabolism:Hammer

Snake-Aes
2010-06-19, 09:31 AM
The description (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/hammer.htm)itself is very simple: You can perform a melee touch attack for 1d8 bludgeoning damage.

But the wording confused me a little. It specifically says "don't add your str to the damage". Does it allow you to deliver through an unarmed strike, for (unarmed damage + modifiers + hammer)?

Fax Celestis
2010-06-19, 11:27 AM
No, it's a touch attack. You're not swinging hard enough to smack them with Str.

Snake-Aes
2010-06-19, 11:33 AM
No, it's a touch attack. You're not swinging hard enough to smack them with Str.

Yes, and by default you can use normal unarmed strikes to deliver touch spells. That's why it confused me.

Yuki Akuma
2010-06-19, 11:59 AM
You don't add your Strength bonus to the damage from the power.

If you deliver it with an unarmed strike you still add your Strength bonus to your unarmed strike damage. You just don't add it twice.

Okay? Okay.

The Demented One
2010-06-19, 12:00 PM
Little known fact: if you legitimately hold the military rank of captain, the power deals double damage.

Snake-Aes
2010-06-19, 12:03 PM
You don't add your Strength bonus to the damage from the power.

If you deliver it with an unarmed strike you still add your Strength bonus to your unarmed strike damage. You just don't add it twice.

Okay? Okay.

That's what I deducted, but the specific wording really threw me off. I'll contact my dm in a couple days about that. I guess they only worded it that way because Hammer's description is that of an attack.

Fax Celestis
2010-06-19, 12:05 PM
Little known fact: if you legitimately hold the military rank of captain, the power deals double damage.

lulz were had

true_shinken
2010-06-19, 12:08 PM
Hammer Time!