PDA

View Full Version : Frustration with FileFront...

RationalGoblin
2010-06-19, 05:52 PM
So I love games that you can mod easily. Warcraft, Dominions 3, the Paradox games, all of them I deeply adore, and frequently download maps and mods for all of them.

But I've run into a problem with mods, and Europa Universalis 3 mods in particular. They are all hosted on Filefront, which for some reason DOES NOT LET ME DOWNLOAD THE MODS.

When I click on the "Download Now" button, it says "thank you for downloading blah blah blah" but then, in literally only 5 seconds, it switches back to the original download page, without downloading anything.

Of course, the "Download Now" page also says "click here to try again", but even when I am quicker then the five seconds the page is up, and click it, it does absolutely nothing.

Does anyone else have this problem, and if so/if not, can you help me fix it?

Domochevsky
2010-06-19, 08:11 PM
Filefront... don't you need a account to download anything there?

RationalGoblin
2010-06-19, 08:37 PM
Filefront... don't you need a account to download anything there?

Yes, and I have one. However, it is not working. At all.

Raroy
2010-06-19, 08:48 PM
Have you tried making another account?

Filefront...I haven't used it for years but I do remember making two accounts for it for some reason.

RationalGoblin
2010-06-19, 10:34 PM
Have you tried making another account?

Filefront...I haven't used it for years but I do remember making two accounts for it for some reason.

Yep. Didn't work.

EDIT: What in the blazes (if you'll pardon my redneck expression)? It works NOW, but not before? Oh come on.

lesser_minion
2010-06-20, 05:49 PM
I don't remember the one that does require an account, but IIRC, it's Fileplanet, not Filefront.

Try disabling javascript -- that should stop the page from being redirected again, in the very least.

In essence, it's a horribly-designed website. If you can find the mod on moddb, I'd recommend grabbing it there -- they don't charge a monthly fee not to be throttled, and while the design isn't much better, it's at least been tested, and the end result is forgiveable considering the target audience.