PDA

View Full Version : The Druid, Natures Avatar

Khellendross
2010-06-19, 09:33 PM
I'm looking for a druid variant that forgoes wildshape and gets a bonus on casting in some way. I want to be more more like a nature wizard with a horse animal companion, possibly the horse out of Eberron that gets 80' speed. I know I could just be a wizard that takes nature like spells but I want the druid spells so is there a variant that would support this concept.

Yes I know I'm not going to use two of the more powerful aspects of the druid. No wildshaping into a Legendary ape with my fleshraker at my side lol.

PId6
2010-06-19, 09:36 PM
Most of the Druid ACFs trade Wild Shape/Animal Companion for melee ability of some kind. Maybe you should look into Spirit Shaman instead? It casts from the druid spell list, without the Animal Companion/Wild Shape to go with it.

Khellendross
2010-06-19, 09:41 PM
Hrmm I could do a Spirit Shaman and take the Wild Cohort feat then to get the horse.

gbprime
2010-06-19, 10:29 PM
Simple druid variant from Unearthed Arcana. You get favored enemies, fast movement, tracking, and wisdom bonus to AC... at the cost of wild shape and armor/shield. Then take reserve feats. You get blasty battery life and all the summoning you care to crank out.

http://www.systemreferencedocuments.org/resources/systems/pennpaper/dnd35/soveliorsage/unearthedCoreClass.html#simple-druid

Khellendross
2010-06-20, 08:32 AM
That's even better. I think I'll take that variant.

Sc00by
2010-06-20, 04:25 PM
Or take the variant above, then take 3 levels of Wizard and hook yourself up with some Arcane Hierophant (RotW) goodness
Natural bond will stop your horse suffering from lack of Druid levels

Just a thought. Adding a bunch of wizard spells sounds like a boost to casting to me.