PDA

View Full Version : Quick bit of help with spring attack

gcb001
2010-06-20, 12:45 AM
Hey playgrounders just have a quick rules/feat clarification question....
Spring attack, i know that it allows you to move before and after an attack as long as it doesnt exceed your max move.

Now, does that mean that you get an attack during a move action? Or is it you can move 15ft, do an attack then move another 15ft after the attack? (assuming 30ft move) and if thats the case then does moving before and after the attack provoke an attack of opportunity if you move inside, then out of, an enemies threatened squares?

If im completely misunderstanding this feat please assist, trying to work together a character concept and the way this guy plays kinda hinges on this lol

PId6
2010-06-20, 12:51 AM
The feat allows you to, say, move 15 ft, attack one enemy, then move 15 ft away. The entire thing is a full round action; standard for the attack, move for the movement, though the attack is taken between movement. The movement does not provoke AoOs from the enemy you are attacking, though it does provoke AoOs normally from other enemies nearby.

gcb001
2010-06-20, 01:05 AM
cool, i was thinking that was the way it worked. Is there an errata or something that specifically states the no attack of oppurtunity? i just want to be able to show my DM how it works (he is kinda new to it).

And thank you for the prompt response btw =]

PId6
2010-06-20, 01:07 AM
It's right in the description of the feat here (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/feats.htm#springAttack):

When using the attack action with a melee weapon, you can move both before and after the attack, provided that your total distance moved is not greater than your speed. Moving in this way does not provoke an attack of opportunity from the defender you attack, though it might provoke attacks of opportunity from other creatures, if appropriate. You can’t use this feat if you are wearing heavy armor.
Relevant part bolded.

gcb001
2010-06-20, 01:14 AM
ah....having the revised version is helpful lol i was looking at the players handbook version. Thank you very much =]

Edit: nvm im just blind and i cant read the text lol sorry