PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Spar

Forever Curious
2010-06-20, 12:46 AM
Well, you don't know how it happened, but here you are: locked in a perfectly square room, facing down your enemies. Who shall be victorious?!

Combatants: Forever Curious (Red), Lycan 01 (Black), Krennel (Blue), Ultimarr (Green)

Initiative (see next post):
Forever Curious [roll0]

Lycan 01 [roll1]

Krennel [roll2]

Ultimarr [roll3]

Map:
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa21/DynamicChaos/Presentation1.jpg?t=1277012295

Forever Curious
2010-06-20, 12:47 AM
...redoing initiative :smallsigh:

Forever Curious [roll0]

Lycan 01 [roll1]

Krennel [roll2]

Ultimarr [roll3]

Lycan 01
2010-06-20, 01:21 AM
Indoril slowly turnsh is head from side to side, summing up his foes. He then hunkers down behind his shield, watching his opponents to gauge their threat levels.

Total Defense

AC 20 (24)
HP 29/29

Ultimarr
2010-06-20, 01:35 AM
Ridar noticed a person in full plate to his left, Bunkering down. "I don't know why I am here, but that guy probably has a key. And plus, he looked so smug behind that half of inch of steel. I'll show him!"He Thought.

Full Attack: Fire two shots at whoever starts in Black with my light crossbow:

Attacks:
[roll0]
[roll1]

Damage, if applicable:
[roll2]
[roll3]

Swift action:
Reload Crossbow between shots.

Hp: 16/16
AC: 17/17

Edit: *Miss* *Miss*. Uh-oh. And apparently I'm Indigo :smallsmile:.

Forever Curious
2010-06-20, 01:55 AM
Phillian looked around, noticing several others in the room. How odd...oh well, we can have some fun at least... The warlock noticed the heavily armored man easily withstand two arrow shots.

"Hey, metal man!" he called out. "Get out from behind that shield and join the party!" Phillian took a breath and muttered a vile syllable toward the paladin.

Uses my Baleful Utterance invocation at Indoril.

Indoril's shield Will save [roll0] (passed)

Indoril Fortitude save (if Will fails) [roll1]

Nothing happens.

Krennel
2010-06-20, 01:59 AM
Samantha looks around, "Well what's going on here?"
She looks at the woman shooting bolts of energy from her hands.
Then she spots the man to her right, so ineffectual.
She points at him and utters a single word.
"Meet your doom, stupid one." She says at the completion of the spell.
Used my daily allotment of doom spell like abilities on Ridar. Will save DC 12 if it's based on my intellegence bonus plus spell level, or 18 if based on charisma plus spell level, which I think is the one. It'll last for a couple (I think three) minutes.

Forever Curious
2010-06-20, 02:07 AM
Spell-like abilities are keyed off of Charisma unless otherwise noted in the description, which it is not. Therefore, DC 18.

Will Save (Ridar) [roll0]

Nothing happens.

And it's round 2... no map change.

Lycan 01
2010-06-20, 02:17 AM
Two crossbow bolts plink off of Indoril's shield and spiral off to the side. The slight breeze they create flutters the tunic worn over the Paladin's plate armor. Looking up from over his shield, Indoril pops the visor of his helm up for a moment to look at his attacker. "What reasons do you have to attack me?" the Paladin calls out to the shooter. "I have done nothing to you, except find myself in the same situation as yourself!" He then gets a slight feeling of unease, and looks over at the other man standing across the room. "Did you just attempt to curse me?!" Indoril growls. "What is wrong with you people?!"

Slamming the visor back down on his helmet, Indoril brings his shield back up again to protect himself. "Please, lets be reasonable! There's no need for violence!"

Talking: Free Action
Total Defense

AC: 24
HP: 29

Ultimarr
2010-06-20, 02:33 AM
Ridar looked upon this paladin. Peace might be the best op- that succubus just cursed me! How dare she! Even though the bolts didn't work against the paladin, -who he considered a non-threat or even friend now, they would sure work piercing demon flesh!

Full Attack, Again :smalltongue:. On Krennel

Attack Rolls:
[roll0]
[roll1]

Damage, if applicable:
[roll2]
[roll3]

Hp: 16/16
AC: 17

Ultimarr
2010-06-20, 02:36 AM
YES! Light crossbow has 19-20 crit range, and the 25-6 means a natural 19. Crit roll:
[roll0]

:smalleek::smalleek::smalleek:
:smallamused:
Crossbow has x3 crit damage:

Ultimarr
2010-06-20, 02:46 AM
Sorry for sucking, and the triple post...

[roll0][roll1]+6=18

Forever Curious
2010-06-20, 11:25 AM
(There IS a variant I typically play with: If you critical on the confirmation roll, then confirm that critical, it's an instant kill. But you weren't informed that before, so yeah...)

Phillian watched the succubus fall to the bolts. "Well, that was disappointing," he remarked, looking toward the one who shot. "You think your shots are strong? Have some of mine." A blast of pure energy shot from the warlock's hands toward the cleric.

Eldritch Blast at Ridar. This attack is vs. Touch AC

Attack [roll0] Damage [roll1]

Critical Confirm (if needed) [roll2] Critical Damage [roll3]

Lycan 01
2010-06-20, 05:43 PM
Indoril watches the man with the crossbow readjust his aim and open fire on the Succubus. He smirks slightly to himself as one of the bolts rips into her skull and drops her dead. I think I might have made some sense to him... And she deserved to be shot, anyway. Indoril then watches in shock as the other man sends a bolt of screaming energy lancing across the room at the crossbow-man. Hm. Profane powers, bad attitude, attacking people who aren't hostile to him... Must be evil! the Paladin reasons.

Indoril stands up from behind his shield, and draws his Bastard Sword. The blade is pristine and well-kept, with the hilt and handguard covered in gold and silver engravings. He then begins to advance towards the center of the room, looking from side to side at the two other men in the room. "Attacking random strangers simply because they're there?" the Paladin shakes his head. "How uncivilized. Can't we all just stop fighting for a moment and try to figure out how we got here, and why? If we were brought here by magic, then its likely that there's someone or something more powerful lurking nearby..."

Drawing weapon - swift action?
Moving 8 Squares to the Left to get between them - 2 standard actions.

AC: 20

Ultimarr
2010-06-20, 07:26 PM
Ridar smirked as the demon fell to the ground, a bolt protruding from her skull. Just then, out of the corner of his eye, he saw a bolt of energy shooting towards him. To late to dodge- "Uhn!" he exclaimed as he was smashed into the wall, feeling as if his insides were on fire. He saw that his clothes were smoldering from the impact. Ouch. He leaned against the wall, and poured magic into his own body. After that was done, he walked towards the paladin that had gotten in-between him and the mage. Damn mage...

Move action: four squares down
Standard Action: Cure light wounds (Domain) on me.

[roll0]

Hp: 12/16
Ac: 17

Forever Curious
2010-06-20, 11:31 PM
New Map:
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa21/DynamicChaos/Mapfix.jpg?t=1277098042

Phillian puts his hands up disarmingly. "You're right... I react rather hastily, forgive me." He looks sincere, but something about him...

Readies an action to use Baleful Utterance if attacked or approached (DC 15).

Indoril Will [roll0] Fort (if Will fails) [roll1]

Ridar Will [roll2] Fort (if Will fails) [roll3]

If Will fails, your wielded weapon is destroyed. If both fail, you are also deafened for one minute (10 rounds) and dazed for one round.

Lycan 01
2010-06-21, 12:57 AM
Indoril stares at the magic user. A few thoughts crossed his mind. The man was obviously evil, having attacked an non-hostile man in such a cocky manner. But he was halting his attacks and listening to reason. It was the perfect chance to take him down. A quick run, one swing, and an invocation of Smite Evil, and the mage would be sent screaming into the void. But... was it the right thing to do? After all, he had yet to attack Indoril... With a mental sigh, Indoril made his decision.

Visibly relaxing, Indoril lowers his sword to his side, but does not sheathe it. "My name is Indoril, and I bear the title of Paladin. If we can agree to cease hostility, I can attempt to heal the Succubus so that we can question her. If she tries to attack, I'm sure the three of us can handle her. Are there any objections to this?"

Total Defense by staying on my toes...

AC: 20 (24)

Ultimarr
2010-06-21, 01:31 AM
Hm. That seems like a good idea, as I am a man of peace at the heart. Ill see if I can heal her before she dies. Time is of the essence!
"This paladin seems trustworthy" Ridar thought, "May as well work with him. That damn mage -no, most likely a agent of hell, maybe a warlock- would die for blasting me. Even if he takes me with him."
Run action to krennel's side. I'll heal her in a turn, or should she be insta-healed so we can fight a monster? Up to you guys.Im ready to shoot you guys. BRING IT!

Forever Curious
2010-06-22, 02:16 AM
Suddenly, it seemed as if Phillian was struck with newfound inspiration. "What am I doing? he asked himself. "I'm evil!" He laughed manically, shouting his strange syllable at Ridar.

Baleful Utterance again (DC 15).

Will [roll0]

Fortitude (if Will fails) [roll1]

If Will fails, your weapon is toast. If both fail, you are also deafened for one minute (10 rounds) and dazed for one round.

Lycan 01
2010-06-22, 02:22 AM
"JUST AS I THOUGHT, FOUL VILLAIN!!" Indoril roars, sprinting as fast as his heavily armored legs can carry him towards the magic user. Using the speed and force of his approach, the Paladin slams his bastard sword down on the Evil man, intent on slicing him in half from shoulder to hip. "SMITE EVIL!!"

Charge at Phillian. +2 to attack, -2 to AC.

Smite Evil: +3 to damage.

Sword Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Forever Curious
2010-06-22, 02:25 AM
WTF crits!?

[roll0] confirm

Damage [roll1]

...qwehijwjxiwdmjninmjikxniwqnxcexn2wujn!!!!!!!!!! !!

Phillian's body explodes in a surge of pure celestial energy as the wrath of your god smites him, channeled through you're now radiant blade.

(As a bonus, gain +1 to all attack/damage rolls until the end of the encounter).

Ultimarr
2010-06-22, 02:43 AM
"This is very very bad. This paladin finally went crazy when the DAMN MAGE broke my crossbow, and now he doesn't seem so peaceful. What to do, what to do... I know! I'll destroy him with the power of my god, ___ (Still looking for something fitting besides St. Cuthbert), capable of destroying his mind! Oh, he's so far away though... Meh, I'll walk, I'm too tired to run. Might as well heal myself."

Move Action: Four Squares to the right.
Standard Action: Cure Light Minor Wounds (Orison)

HP: 15/16
AC: 17

Lycan 01
2010-06-22, 02:51 AM
"Hmph..." Indoril smirks, grinding one of the Warlock's eyes to pulp beneath his boot. "I was expecting more challenge. No matter..." he grumbles, pulling up the visor on his helm. He looks over his shoulder back at the Cleric, an insane spark in his eyes and a psychotic grin on his face. "What about you, Cleric? Do you dare oppose the forces of Good and Law?"

Slamming his visor back down, Indoril hunks down behind his shield and slaps his sword against it twice in challenge. "Well, come on then. Show me what you're capable of."

Total Defense: 20 - 2 + 4 (22 AC)

Ultimarr
2010-06-22, 12:58 PM
Hmm. This paladin would be hard to beat, for he had good strategy even though he was most likely partially insane. "Well take THIS paladin!" The "This" was yelled with such power, multiplied by his god, that a large bolt of solid sound hit the paladin.

Move Action: Move two to the right.
Standard Action: Sound burst on the square Indoril's in, dealing 1d8 damage (Auto hit), and roll fort to avoid being stunned for a round:

Damage: [roll0]

Lycan 01
2010-06-22, 02:15 PM
Fort Save: [roll0]

Wait, where on the map are you? Earlier you said you did a full run action to Krennel, but now you have that marked out. I thought that's where you were originally moving from, so you should be in the middle of the map now, unless you changed your location without telling us. And if you changed your location without telling us, then my idea of where you've been this whole time has been thrown off, and that's pretty BS. :smallannoyed:

So yeah, where is he on the map now? :smallconfused:

Ultimarr
2010-06-22, 04:05 PM
Sorry for not clarifying:
I did run to krennel, but now over two turns have moved back to the center of the map. I meant to just cross out the "Ill heal him later" part, didn't realize I also did that to the action.

So, Im in the middle now.

Also, Behold the power of two damage and no stun! Mwahahahaahhaha...heh...

Lycan 01
2010-06-22, 06:05 PM
A dull resounding thud echoed through Indoril's armor as he was hit by the bolt of thunderous noise. "Ow, your pride..." was his only response. The Paladin then set off into a sprint, his heavy armor clanking as he charged at the Cleric, bastard sword raised high above his head. "BY THE POWER OF GREYSKULL, I... HAVE... THE POWERRRRRRRRRRR!!!!" he roars as he brings the blade down on his enemies' face.

Charge attack to Ultimarr's position, +2 to attack roll, -2 to AC.

Power Attack: -2 attack, +2 damage.

Power of Greyskull: +1 attack, +1 damage.

Attack roll: [roll0]

Lycan 01
2010-06-22, 06:06 PM
ANOTHER CRITICAL!? :eek:

Roll to confirm: [roll0]

Ultimarr
2010-06-23, 03:24 AM
GRRR. I just wrote a large flavor text, but that was deleted by the freaking data backup. I'll get some flavor up soon. Mostly:

"OW! BY MY SUPREME DIVINE POWER, I SMITE YOU!!"

I just realized that if you use power attack with a tow-handed weapon, you get twice the amount you subtracted from the attack roll as damage. So.. That would be -2 to attack and +4 to damage, getting me to -1 HP, dropping me. You won! :smallbiggrin:

Standard Action: Inflict moderate wounds. Touch attack, so no armor is going to help you :smalltongue:.

Attack (Needs 10): [roll0]

Five foot step up.

Hp: 1/16
Ac:17

Lycan 01
2010-06-23, 05:40 PM
OOC: Actually, I'm using the bastard sword 1-handed, so you still 1 HP.

IC:

"Gyrk!" Indoril gags, coughing up blood. "Foul villain!" the Paladin growls, flourishing his blade. "WITNESS YOUR DOOOOOOM!!!" he roars, twirling the blade before plunging the sword up to its hilt through the Cleric's chest. However, the sword bounces off the Cleric's armor, leaving Indoril open for counter attack.

Attack: [roll0]

AC: 20
HP: 15

Ultimarr
2010-06-24, 01:19 AM
The sword swung towards Ridar's head and- phew, ducked it just it time, having it hit his shoulder plate and bounced off. He stumbled back, pouring holy magic into himself, gasping as the healing magic mended his chest. He glared at the paladin for a second, yelling "How dare you! You will perish for what you have done! Must.. get away..."

Move Action: Four squares up.
Standard Action: Cure Moderate Wounds (domain):
[roll0]

Hp: 7/16
Ac: 17

Lycan 01
2010-06-24, 01:32 AM
"While its true that one day my life shall come to an end..." Indoril croons as he calmly walks along behind the hobbling Cleric, "I am afraid that it is you who shall be perishing today. May you soul be cleansed and purified in the fires of absolution. Grace be with you in your passing-" the Paladin chimes, plunging his sword into the retreating foe's back, "-AMEN!!"

Move 4 squares up
Attack: [roll0]

With a sickening splurch, the blade pierces the Cleric's chest, and he falls to the ground with a gasp. Indoril steps over him and looks down at the fallen warrior's body for a few moments. He then smirks, and wrenches the blade from his enemy's rib cage. However, as he pulls the blade out, he hears a low grunt. "Hm? Still alive? Please, let me fix that..."

A loud clang echoes through the room as Indoril drives his blade once again through the Cleric's chest, impaling it into the stone floor beneath him. With a grin, Indoril braces and pulls the blade from its resting place. "Alright, now-" the Paladin begins to speak, only to be interupted by a low gurgle from beneath his feet. "OH DEAR GODS, WHY WON'T YOU DIE?!" he snarls angrily before flourishing the blade and hacking it down on the Cleric's back. And then again. And again. And again. And again...

After several hacks and slashes at his fallen enemy, the blood-drenched Paladin finally sheathes his sword and steps away from the butchered remains of the Cleric. "Alright... Now, to find a way out of this room..." Indoril grumbles to himself.