PDA

View Full Version : [Exalted] Inquisitive Warrior Style

Jokasti
2010-06-20, 05:28 AM
So, there are some questions about Exalted that I'm not sure about, so they are going here.
1. Why does the Seven Section Staff have the Piercing tag? Doesn't make Fluufy sense, or Crunchy sense because it does Bashing damage.
2. I heard each MoEP has a joke in it, ie Solars has Your Mother as a playtester and Lunars have the Pants thing in the back... What are the others?
3. What Aspect is the Scarlet Empress? I don't think I've come across it canonically, but I assume she is a Fire Aspect.
4. Why does Fire Dragon Style have only 11 Charms, when each other Immaculate Style has 12? It makes it a lot easier to learn a full style if you don't need to spend as much XP.
5. Immaculates believe Anathema are demon possessed normal people, right? And they have powerful Exorcists who specialize in , well, exorcising demons out of humans. Why don't they capture one instead of killing it, and try to get the demon out? This would prove that Anathema aren't possessed.
6. Can Anathema become Immaculates?
7. Which Divine Minister is most likely to break the Seal of Eight Divinities? I could see each having their own reasons.
So yeah. Any answers appreciated.

Deca
2010-06-20, 06:12 AM
1) It doesn't have that tag. You must have misread it.

2) Alchemicals' index has a Futurama reference. The Sidereal index has a Pattern Spider joke and the index of Graceful Wicked Masques has a Duran Duran reference next to it's entry on the Hungry Wolves. Really, every index has a joke somewhere I'm pretty sure.

3) I don't think anyone knows the answer to that one actually. Of course, the real answer is that she doesn't have an Aspect because she's actually the Green Lady. Just like everyone else.
4) Haven't the foggiest.

5) I thought Exorcism only worked on ghosts? I'm not sure. Either way, the Immaculates are religious fanatics. They're not going to disregard one of their religious principles just because there is evidence against it. :smallwink:

6) They can learn Immaculate martial arts and probably can join the Immaculate Order if they want to, as long as they've got some good disguise charms.

7) As you said, any one of them might do it. Mog might not though, due to him being all status quo-y

Terraoblivion
2010-06-20, 07:37 AM
The closest to an answer on the Scarlet Empress' caste was one of the developers commenting that he saw her as an Earth caste, but that it didn't matter due to a charm published in DotFA. I can see that though, there are clear cases for Air, Earth and Fire, with a reasonable one for Water too. Not so much Wood, though.

Yuki Akuma
2010-06-20, 08:08 AM
Celestial Exalts ("Anathema", which does actually include careless Sidereals) can totally become Immaculates - they most likely wouldn't after they exalt, unless it's a cover (or they're a Bronze Faction Sidereal).

Tengu_temp
2010-06-20, 08:34 AM
1. Why does the Seven Section Staff have the Piercing tag? Doesn't make Fluufy sense, or Crunchy sense because it does Bashing damage.

There are artifact weapons that deal bashing piercing damage, such as Smashfist or Goremaul, the friend of all powergamers.

Bowerbird
2010-06-20, 09:36 AM

The piercing tag I think is somewhat misleading. It doesn't really refer to the attack being innately piercing (Rapiers, arrows, spears, etc), rather it just refers to the attack's ability to ignore armour soak. Maybe the design of the weapon renders armour less effective. For example: say you have a big club-like weapon doing bashing damage that has the piercing tag, like apparently the Goremaul. This doesn't make the weapon suddenly lethal rather than bashing, but it might have such a trememdous weight behind it that armour does little to protect against the sheer force of the blow, the blow still doesn't technically qualify as lethal just a massive wallop.

That's my take on it anyway, I may have completely misinterpreted the question ^_^;
With regards to the specifics I don't have the book around atm so i can't comment on the three section staff having Piercing, but if it does

2. I heard each MoEP has a joke in it, ie Solars has Your Mother as a playtester and Lunars have the Pants thing in the back... What are the others?

They do? I'll have to go look for them :smalltongue:

3. What Aspect is the Scarlet Empress? I don't think I've come across it canonically, but I assume she is a Fire Aspect.

Personally I'd say Earth or Fire. Fire because of the whole "Scarlet" thing, Earth because her daughter that's most like her is Mnemon, who's Earth caste. The apple may not have fallen far from the tree there.

4. Why does Fire Dragon Style have only 11 Charms, when each other Immaculate Style has 12? It makes it a lot easier to learn a full style if you don't need to spend as much XP.

Not sure on that, Immaculates styles always seemed a little odd to me. Dunno why, probably because I haven't read through them too much.

5. Immaculates believe Anathema are demon possessed normal people, right? And they have powerful Exorcists who specialize in , well, exorcising demons out of humans. Why don't they capture one instead of killing it, and try to get the demon out? This would prove that Anathema aren't possessed.

I believe you've answered your own question there.

"It happens all the time, don't even pretend you don't notice it."
*waves hand, jedi mind-trick style*
"Now go back to killing them."

Technically yes, Immaculate styles can be learned the same as any other celestial styles. Actually going so far as to believe you are a Demon would be difficult, but may make for an interesting character.

7. Which Divine Minister is most likely to break the Seal of Eight Divinities? I could see each having their own reasons.

Can't really answer that one, haven't read up on Alchemicals.

Alrighty I hope that helps at least a little bit. Now back to my assignment. @_@

vegetalss4
2010-06-20, 09:41 AM
So, there are some questions about Exalted that I'm not sure about, so they are going here.

I seem to remember them having a very hard end point and it being swung with quite an amount of force. also Bashing weapons have nothing to do with if a weapon are piercing or not.

theres tons of them, especically in Graceful Wicked Marques, as an example: Pedo-bear killer: see 4chan

no canon answer yet. but we may get one in Return.

no idea

as far as i remember the stronger the demon the harder to expell. Anathema are VERY strong, so even if they did it wouldn't prove anything.

Sure. as long as the other Immaculates don't know that you are an Anathema.

So yeah. Any answers appreciated.

exactly! pick the one best for your game. (but personally I would have one of the eigth nations doing this by their own.)

Terraoblivion
2010-06-20, 10:17 AM
About the concept of Anathema, it is worth remembering that while they are described as demons this is to refer to the evil and temptation they are ascribed. The doctrine of the Immaculate Order doesn't state that Celestial Exalted are component souls of Yozi, but instead that they are something unique and malevolent. So there is no real reason to believe that Immaculates would find the metaphysics of demon summoning not working on Celestials all that remarkable, at least not the more doctrinally learned Immaculates.

And i think the case for the Scarlet Empress being and Air aspect is fairly solid too. Not only is her greatest achievements of a strongly intellectual bend, as is common for that aspect, she also share the grand scale of vision with them. She hardly saw fit to just make whatever adjustments to the Shogunate model she needed, instead she created a wholly new culture almost from scratch. But really she is too indirectly described to ever pin an aspect on, at least from among the three first in the alphabet.