PDA

View Full Version : Gah, freaking KotOR II

PhallicWarrior
2010-06-20, 01:18 PM
I love this game, it's probably my favorite ever, but it's just SO glitchy. I'm an obsessive completionist, and the fact that several different quests can glitch and become uncompletable is fricking ridiculous.

Anyway, I have the Xbox version and I'd like to know, can the bounty quest on Citadel Station with the two escaped criminals still work if it has already glitched once? (To jog memories, on Citadel Station you can take a trio of missions from the head of security, two of which can be settled on the station itself. The third involves chasing down two criminals, whom you must chase down to the planet's surface in the course of the main story. The problem is, you meet them entirely incidentally, in a certain location, and I can't figure out whether there's a pattern to whether they actually appear or not.)
I've tried reloading the saved game, but that doesn't seem to do anything. I've got the console version, so bug-fixing mods are out of the question.
I can keep going without finishing the quest, it's just annoying.

Rollory
2010-06-21, 06:47 AM
Pretty sure they always show up on the planet. There are a few places on the station where you can run in to them if you are in the right place at the right time but I have never had that affect them appearing where they're supposed to be at the final location - it just affects whether you can tell the police guy whether you expect to find them on the planet or not.

SolkaTruesilver
2010-06-21, 07:53 AM
is the Sith Restauration mod out yet?

SITB
2010-06-21, 08:19 AM

Yeah. (http://www.deadlystream.com/forum/f123/sith-lords-restored-content-mod-final-1-5-version-here-1158.html)

spacespacespace

Anonymoose
2010-06-21, 08:28 AM

The Team Gizka one isn't done yet, but there's a separate one here (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/TSL_Restored_Content_Mod;111657).

Anyway, as for the OP's question, if I remember correctly, I usually got the quest before doing anything else, then immediately went to the Czerka office. Worked for me.

SolkaTruesilver
2010-06-21, 08:48 AM
The Team Gizka one isn't done yet, but there's a separate one here (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/TSL_Restored_Content_Mod;111657).

I should have asked the question: "Is Team Gizka still alive"?

Rollory
2010-06-21, 08:48 AM
Team Gizka is never going to be done, there's no point even talking about it. Their mod got leaked to the torrent sites a few years back (apparently by someone frustrated with the refusal to release anything at all until it was all done, while also not doing anything to advance toward "done") and it was mostly finished aside from some bugs. Somebody later posted fixes to most of the bugs, none of which Gizka picked up and implemented. From all appearances there has been zero work done on it for three or four years now. The "Team" evaporated over the years, as far as I can tell there is one developer left and he's pretty much explicitly said he's not working on it, hasn't been working on it, doesn't want to work on it, he might work on it when he feels like it and everybody waiting for it should be grateful for that much, and in the meantime anybody who plays the leak is a bad bad person.

The "Restored Content" mod includes pretty much everything important, although getting some of the additional content mods (like the droid planet) added into it would be nice (last I saw, they weren't yet). I played around with the Gizka leak, and the only thing I saw that Restored Content doesn't include was the GenoHaradan storyline, which frankly just felt like a rough fan mod addition to me, rather than part of the original game.