PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Website with extensive search criteria for material?

DragoonWraith
2010-06-20, 03:46 PM
I know I've been linked in the past to a website that has very extensive options for searching 3.5 material - like letting you search for a spell by choosing which descriptors you want it to have, which you want it to not have, which spell lists you're interested in, etc etc. Pretty sure it's completely legal since IIRC it just listed the name of the item and what book it's in, but it would really help me out right now.

In other news, can anyone think of a Demon (not Devil) which has a notable Tail attack? The only I can think of Marilith, but she's better known for her arms, ya know? Also one with a decent Gore attack would be nice.

zagan
2010-06-20, 03:53 PM
I assume you know IMarvinTPA's (http://www.imarvintpa.com/dndLive/index.php) ?

Using that one I've found that Horned devil also have a tail attack.
Malebranche (MMII) have a gore attack.

EDIT:
These one have a sting attack:

Abyssal Ravager (Demon) (MMII)
Advespa (Devil) (MMII)
Bone Devil (devil)
Imp (devil)

Edit2: sorry I read too fast an miss the not devil part, that only leave the Ravager

DragoonWraith
2010-06-20, 04:08 PM
I assume you know IMarvinTPA's (http://www.imarvintpa.com/dndLive/index.php) ?
Bingo! That's the one I was looking for.

These one have a sting attack
I was actually looking for a non-sting Tail attack (so like a Tail slap or whatever); I'm using the Lilitu (Fiendish Codex II) for sting.

zagan
2010-06-20, 04:13 PM
I was looking in the fiendish codex, did you miss the Bulezau (p33) it has tail and gore, it's CR 9

DragoonWraith
2010-06-20, 04:16 PM
Ooh, Bulezau is a good one for the Gore attack, yes. But it's clearly more of a charger than actually using that tail...

zagan
2010-06-20, 04:24 PM
Fiend folio:

Myrmyxicus had a tail attack but CR 21 I assume it's too much and it's not the focus of the creature.

The Skulvyn (p54) has an interesting tail lash attack that inflict bledding damage but only CR 4

Edit: The Kastigur (MM4 p42) as a gore attack and can stun on a charge. If your interest.

DragoonWraith
2010-06-20, 06:18 PM
I considered Myrmyxicus since Fiendish Codex II mentioned them as attacking ships on the River Styx with their tail lash, but their tail is so weird it's not really appropriate. I like how the Skulvyn actually has a unique tail there, but who would know what the hell a Skulvyn is? I'm hoping for Demons that are somewhat iconic.

By the way, the specifics of the monsters aren't so important, I'm just naming the Fiendish Growths of my Cabal Warlock (see the Potpourri Competition thread) after them. I so far have Bulezau Horns, Hezrou Jaws, Lilitu Sting, and Vrock Wings. I'm considering going with Marilith Tail, but it bothers me to name a Least Invocation-equivalent after a notorious, high-level Demon who is better known for her six arms anyway...

Any with tentacles, by the way, since you seem to be having far better luck than I with this?

zagan
2010-06-21, 06:17 AM
Well, I've taken a look at your entry (and how in the hell did I manage to miss that contest ?)
i've seen you use Dagon for tentacle as alternative I can give you the yochlol (FCI p54) they got tendril perhaps close enough ?
The dybbuk (FCI p36) also have tendril.

If you want to give it hooves attack there's the Armanite (FCI p28) some sort of demonic centaur.

Nothing else come to mind sorry. Now I have an entry to create for a contest.:smallwink: