PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Modified Half-Ogres (from Savage Species, Races of Destiny)

Zenoseiya
2010-06-20, 05:40 PM
I just wanted to post the variant Half-Ogre race I pasted together based on discussions I read and see what people think. Uses the background and age/height/weight tables from Races of Destiny.

• Starting Ability Score Adjustments: +6 Str, –2 Dex, +2 Con, –2 Int, –2 Cha. Half-ogres are big, brawny creatures without a great deal of intelligence or couth.
• Large: As Large creatures, half-ogres have a –1 penalty to Armor Class and a –1 penalty on all attack rolls. They also have a reach of 10 feet.
• Speed: Half-ogre land speed is 30 feet.
• Darkvision: Half-ogres have darkvision with a range of 60 feet. Darkvision is black and white only, but it is otherwise like normal sight, and half-ogres can function just fine with no light at all.
• Racial Hit Dice: A half-ogre begins with two levels of humanoid, which provide 2d8 Hit Dice, a base attack bonus of +1, and base saving throw bonuses of Fort +3, Ref +0, and Will +0.
• Racial Skills: A half-ogre’s humanoid levels give it skill points equal to 5 x (2 + Int modifier, minimum 1). Its class skills are Climb, Listen, and Spot.
• Racial Feats: A half-ogre’s humanoid levels give it one feat.
• Natural Armor: Half-ogres have +4 natural armor due to their tough, thick skin.
• Giant Blood: For all special abilities and effects, a half-ogre is considered a giant. Half-ogres can use giant weapons and magic items with racially specific giant powers as if they were giants.
• Automatic Languages: Giant and Common. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Gnoll, Goblin, Orc, and Abyssal. Smart half-ogres (who are rare) may know the languages of their allies or rivals.
• Favored Class: Barbarian. A multiclass half-ogre’s barbarian class does not count when determining whether he takes an experience point penalty for multiclassing.
• Level Adjustment: +1. A half-ogre with one class level is treated as a 4th-level character for purposes of awarding the character experience, for starting equipment, and for determining how many experience points the character needs to gain a new level.