PDA

View Full Version : Beguiler/factotum

Macrovore
2010-06-20, 07:27 PM
Hey, I was wondering if there were any good PrCs for factotums, beguilers, and whether there were any hybrid PrCs, either in any books, or homebrewed on the boards.

Marriclay
2010-06-20, 08:36 PM
Chameleon is amazing for factotums. See, Factotums can do anything. Chameleons make them do anything harder.

It's in races of destiny

I also have a little quote pulled out of the responses from the Factotum Handbook (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=2720.0) that I simply love
Factotums

Holy doglickers, Factotums.

See that 17 you have? That's 17 Int. That's a goddamn +3 bonus you have there. Factotums get 6+Int Skills per level. And get this? ALL SKILLS EVER. By the way? TAKE ABLE LEARNER AS A FEAT FOR YOUR FIRST LEVEL I WILL TELL YOU WHY LATER. IT'S IN RACES OF DESTINY. YOU KNOW THIS FEAT IS BADASS BECAUSE IT'S FROM RACES OF DESTINY.

You want to be a Samurai? Iaijutsu Focus. Use Magical Device? You can use PSIONIC DEVICES too, hell yes. Spellcraft? Autohypnosis? You have EVERY SKILL IN THE GAME. Can't stop now, you're SKILLMONKEY SUPREME.

You say average BAB? I say you can do damn near everything you want to, because you're a frigging Factotum. You're that badass. Hit third level? Oh holy hell, you're adding your Int to all your Str and Dex skills and ability checks. In addition to everything else. You can also pick up random spells as an SLA.

Go read them in Dungeonscape. They're incredibly awesome. At 8th level? You're so freaking Factotum, you **** extra standard actions. For only three Inspiration Points per standard action. That refill each encounter. What's that? You want more Inspiration Points? FONT OF INSPIRATION. Now you're BLEEDING Inspiration Points to SKILLMONEY EVERYTHING and be GENERALLY AWESOME.

And After 8th level? Take Chameleon as a PrC. Not only can you do everything as a Factotum, you can now do it EVEN MORE HARDCORE as a Chameleon. What's that? You want to be a Wizard? ARCANE FOCUS UP IN THIS CLASS. Feel Clericy? DIVINE FOCUS. Want to smash skulls? MARTIAL FOCUS, WHAT? You know what else? You get to toss aorund ABILITY SCORE INCREASES. UNTYPED ONES.

WHAT IS THIS MADNESS?

And you get a FLOATING FEAT THAT YOU CAN SWITCH AORUND. You know what THAT MEANS?

Take a damn metamagic feat or something that qualifies you for CRAFTING MAGIC ITEMS. Use your CHAMELEON SPELLS to CRAFT MAGIC ITEMS. And WANDS. And SCROLLS. Become even MORE AWESOME.

AND WHEN YOU KEEP GOING, YOU CAN GET TWO FOCUSES.

Martial AND Divine Focus? Come to daddy, I'm a smashing bastard and can keep all you NON-AWESOME BASTARDS alive. Arcane and Divine? MAGIC UP IN THIS DAY.

Did I mention there are NATURE and ROGUE focuses too? HELL yes.

And once Chameleon's done with it's ten levels? HELL I DONT KNOW, YOU'RE ALREADY AWESOME. TAKE TWO LEVELS OF MARTIAL ROGUE OR SOMETHING. OR MORE FACTOTUM WHY NOT.

So yeah. Factotum 8/Chameleon10/I have no idea what 2.

Macrovore
2010-06-20, 09:07 PM
Yeah, Chameleon is good. Are there any classes on the homebrew boards here? Like, perhaps a hybrid factotum/beguiler, or factotum/caster? I was thinking of making one.

bugfoxmaster
2010-06-20, 09:18 PM
Wow. Now I want to play a Factotum 8/Chameleon 10/Commoner 2.

Thurbane
2010-06-21, 02:41 AM
Master of Masks is Chameleon's poor cousin...but it might fit OK on a Beguiler/Factotum base - note: it only advances casting 4/10. Probably not worth more than a 1 or 2 level dip in most cases.

Private-Prinny
2010-06-21, 02:49 AM
Master of Masks is Chameleon's poor cousin...but it might fit OK on a Beguiler/Factotum base - note: it only advances casting 4/10. Probably not worth more than a 1 or 2 level dip in most cases.

It's really only good for one level, to pick up any two of Assassin, Faceless, and Gladiator. That's what makes this week's Iron Chef (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156876) so interesting.

/shameless plug.

Thurbane
2010-06-21, 02:50 AM
It's really only good for one level, to pick up any two of Assassin, Faceless, and Gladiator. That's what makes this week's Iron Chef (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156876) so interesting.

/shameless plug.
Two levels will advance casting and BAB by 1 each...so maybe 2 is better for a Beguiler.

panaikhan
2010-06-21, 07:44 AM
I'm currently playing an Illumian Druid/Beguiler, aiming for Arcane Hyrophant...
According to my calculations, an illumian with the right sigil can get there at Druid 4 / Beguiler 2

Macrovore
2010-06-21, 09:49 PM
Master of Masks is a cool idea. Has anyone on the boards made a homebrew PrC that advanced any factotum stuff?