PDA

View Full Version : Help [3.5] Does Everchanging Armor exist?

OldTrees
2010-06-20, 11:01 PM
Is there a way to create an everchanging Armor and Shield?

For reference a Everchanging Blade is a +1 Metalline Morphic Sizing Weapon that can change special material, weapon type and size.

nargbop
2010-06-20, 11:42 PM
Changing material I don't know about - besides dodging effects like Heat Metal or Warp Wood, I don't know what good it would do you.
Generally, armor resizes with you when you change size. Enlarge Person specifically says that it does, but you'll want to check the wording on other methods of changing size. The Giant Size spell comes to mind - the idea of the elegantly coiffed Wu Jen laying a beatdown as a nude 50-foot lady amuses me.
Wilding clasps have a somewhat-related ability that allows you to wildshape with certain items (armor and throat items IIRC), and retain their benefits. Mountain plate armor maintains its benefits for you despite wildshapign.

OldTrees
2010-06-20, 11:45 PM
Changing material would allow switching between mithral and adamatine

Fax Celestis
2010-06-20, 11:45 PM
There's an enhancement in Tome of Magic called "Shadowstriking" that, for +1, alters the DR it overcomes according to the last enemy it hit. You could extrapolate from there, but I really have a hard time seeing how it could work defensively. Maybe you have DR that alters to deny metal opposing the last weapon that struck you?

BLiZme.2
2010-06-22, 12:48 AM
Except armor dose not grant DR :smalltongue:

Forever Curious
2010-06-22, 01:21 AM
Except armor dose not grant DR :smalltongue:

Actually, adamantine armor does, as found in Magic Item Compendium.

Beorn080
2010-06-22, 01:24 AM
Actually, adamantine armor does, as found in Magic Item Compendium.

Or even just the SRD.