PDA

View Full Version : Setonian Empire [the search]

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

Uthuk
2006-09-24, 07:34 AM
Martin

Martin heads into the forest as well following the others.

"I think it's safe to say that a watch rotation would be in order. Hmm, Krahl should rest he has done enough already and need the sleep.

I take first post."

((Sorry, been a busy week at work so got little time.

I will be gone tuesday 26 until thursday 28 of septemeber on a conference)

amanodel
2006-09-26, 06:25 AM
Krahl falls asleep in a moment, but his heavy snoring keeps the others from doing that so easily.

Martin watches carefully in the first few hours, waking Butch when he goes to sleep. The night passes rather uneventfully, and in the morning you wake up from Butch's silent whistling.

Jisika is up as well, she sits silently and stares in the direction of the burned town, from where black fog arises slowly.

Yawielas
2006-09-26, 08:02 AM
Elysia gets up after a night's meditation, and walks over to Jisika, sitting down next to her. ".......Are you allright?"

Truwar
2006-09-26, 11:13 AM
Lighting his morning cigar, Butch nods at Elysia's words.

Ya gave us all the fits, lookin fer ya lass. How about ya don't go runnin' off next time? We aint gonna abandon ya ta look fer yer kind alone, so how about ya jist ferget about harin' off again.

Geech000
2006-09-26, 05:02 PM
Krahl wakes and sits up with a big yawn. He looks around at the others, but doesn't move to join them. Instead he gets up and takes off his armor and his shirt. He begins to examine the examine his remaining arrow wounds which have just started to heal.

((Assuming standard healing from rest, Krahl is still down 17 hit points.))

amanodel
2006-09-28, 03:00 PM
I'm.. I'm better now. I.. I just felt like I shouldn't bring trouble to my friends. I felt that my destination is near, I can feel it.. it's pulling me stronger and stronger by every step.

Jisika sits in a rock and still stares at the destruction in your wake.

Jongluer
2006-09-28, 10:44 PM
Marcuus gazes at the little drow and then says matter of factly, "This is no trouble Jisika, it is an honor."

Yawielas
2006-09-29, 03:40 AM
"Yeah, don't be silly." Ely grins to take the sting out of her words. "It's shaping up to quite an adventure, this, wouldn't miss it."

Geech000
2006-09-29, 11:42 AM
Krahl wanders over to the others, idly scratching at his wounds. "Tribe no abandon Jisika. Jisika no abandon tribe."

Truwar
2006-09-29, 12:36 PM
Removing the thick cigar from his mouth and tapping of the ash with a few quick taps from his thick thumb on the base, Butch blows a long cloud of smoke before addressing Jisika.

And don’t worry none about them chumps in that rat trap o’ a dump back there. They deserve more then what they got. How many other innocent folks have burnt?

Butch spits in disgust and crams the cigar back in his mouth before going on, talking around the thick, smoking cylinder.

And don’t go a wanderin’ off again, lassy. Ya we’re just gonna come after ya, ta pull yer biscuits outta the fire, so ya might as well stay close so as ta facilitate us not havin’ ta walk a long ways ta do it. By the way, ya owe me a cart.

Butch winks and goes back to his smoking.

amanodel
2006-10-02, 07:59 AM
Jisika gives Bunch a half, tired smile.

I'm... I'm so sorry. It's so close now.. I can feel it... the calling is coming from there. I'm sure it's there... - She points at a black mountain in the horizon.

Yawielas
2006-10-02, 08:04 AM
Elysia bounces to her feet. "Then what are we waiting for?!" She grins.

Uthuk
2006-10-02, 05:52 PM
Martin

((back again and sorry for the prolonged away time. Got extra days added to the trip))

Martin listens to Jisika and smiles. "That is good to hear. I'm with Elysia, lets go as soon as possible....and no more talk about bringing trouble. You are a friend, and friends help each other even when things looks abit down."

Geech000
2006-10-03, 11:44 AM
Krahl gets his stuff together again, seeing that the tribe is ready to move on.

amanodel
2006-10-03, 12:08 PM
In a long day's journey to reach the black mountain you saw in the distance.

It's a medium-sized mountain, with bare, black rock as it's surface. No trails are here, you turned from the last road around midday. You can see no entrances or caves in the mountain, but Jisika's sure this is the right place.

Yawielas
2006-10-04, 04:38 AM
Elysia searches around "Well, there must be an entrance somewhere...Unless you're just supposed to wait untill they come for you. Maybe that's the polite thing to do, I don't really know a lot about this place..."

Geech000
2006-10-05, 05:23 PM
Krahl takes a small step back, staring up at the big black mountain. His face shows obvious worry and he is fingering his axe. "Friend Jisika sure she want go here? Black mountain bad place."

Uthuk
2006-10-05, 05:32 PM
Martin

Martin looks up the mountainside and scratches his head.

Hearing Krahls words he turns towards him with, "Why do you say that Krahl? You've been here before?"

Truwar
2006-10-06, 11:05 AM
Already uneasy at the thought of contact with Jiskia’s “kin”, Butch nearly bites through his cigar when Krahl, the lunatic half orc that charged an angry mob, voices his misgivings about going to the mountain.

Yeah buddy, iffin you got a reson as ta why goin up there might not be too good a move, speak up. I don’t want ta end up a worm’s lunch on accounta you not sharin’….

amanodel
2006-10-07, 05:30 AM
Jiskia turns to you, explaining: The place is suposed to be under mountain... I.. I have to find a way down there.

She starts climing upwards, looking for a path. She climbs rather quickly for such a delicate being, and soon she is ahead of you several dozen feet. She shouts down to you.

Here! Her's a mountain path.

(Ok, mountains usually don't start so steep to have to climb, but this is a special mountain :) )

Uthuk
2006-10-08, 04:07 PM
Martin

Looking up at Jisika and still sending a worried look at Krahl....hesitateing a few moments and then with a sigh, "I did promise to her..., Martin turns towards the mountain and follows Jisika.

Yawielas
2006-10-08, 04:41 PM
Ely shrugs a little and climbs after Jisika. She keeps an eye out for any danger, though.

Jongluer
2006-10-08, 05:41 PM
Marcuus avoids even acknowledging the possibility of this being a bad move, but merely wraps his cloak a bit tighter before heading up the mountain towards the path.

amanodel
2006-10-09, 08:00 AM
You keep climbing the hard rocky surface of the mountain for half an hour. You follow something that coul be called as a "path", it seems to be the only viable way. You can only hear the harsh wind blowing, there are no plants or animals upon this barren mountain.

When you'd give up and turn back, you finally spot a cave-like burrow. As you examine it, it's continuing in an undermountain tunnel. It's really dark in there, noone can see anything after a few feet.

As you step into the cave, Marcuus, Krahl, Butch and Martin gets a headache combined with sickness. They feel dizzy and weak.

Geech000
2006-10-10, 06:10 PM
Having nothing more than a bad feeling about this, Krahl says nothing further and follows the others up the path and into the cave. Krahl lets out a small whine as they continue into the deep, dark earth. Krahl keeps his one hand against the wall at all times. He can't see and his head feels funny, but he promised and everyone else is going. I can't abandon the tribe. The tribe knows best. Oh, I wish we were back out under the sun.

((Note: this part is all Out of Character

I smell poison in the air! I demand my Fort Save! I can make a DC 28 Fort Save, so bring it on!
*rolls*
Fort Save (1d20+8=9) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=672365)
Ooh....drat))

Uthuk
2006-10-12, 04:00 AM
Martin

Martin staggers and puts a hand to the cavern wall and in a somewhat weak voice "Ugh... I suppose this could be taken as a sign that we are on the right path. My head feels like it should split."

Looking at Jisika and Ely, "You ladies don't feel anything special?......I suggest we push forward before I loose the little strength I have."

Yawielas
2006-10-12, 09:48 AM
Ely looks concerned at Martin. "Are you ill? You mean the tunnel is making you feel this way? Then you should wait outside, what if it gets worse?"

Truwar
2006-10-12, 11:50 AM
As waves of nausea wrack him, Butch grimaces and tosses aside his cigar. At Ely’s suggestion, he growls softly.

Aint no way I’m gonna abandon ya… I mean the two o’ ya ta the tender mercies o’ some group o’ folks we don’t know from a hole in the ground…

amanodel
2006-10-13, 08:54 AM
There are no poison in the air, but something is wrong for sure. As you venture deeper in the mountain, everyone, save for Jisika, gets this feeling. Altough Butch and Elysia feels much better than Krahl, Martin or Marcuus.

After a long walk, you finally reach a large door, carved out from stone. It's not obvious to you how the door should open.

Yawielas
2006-10-13, 09:11 AM
Ely stumbles a bit, feeling dizzy, but goes to work on the door, checking it for traps and trying to find a way to open it, while muttering. "It's a door...It has to open somehow. It's only a matter of time..There's always a way to open a door..."

open lock: +10, search +6, disable device +8

Geech000
2006-10-13, 12:13 PM
Krahl slumps against the wall, his axe hanging limply in one hand.

Truwar
2006-10-13, 01:00 PM
Don’tcha worry too much Krahl, ole buddy, why I’ve felt worse after a night o’ too much cheap wine… At least my mouth don’t feel all full o’ cotton. Let me give ya a hand there, missy.

Butch attempts a chuckle as he heads over to the door and helps Elysia examine it.

((Aid other Search +6 Open Lock +8 ))

Jongluer
2006-10-13, 10:48 PM
Marcuus remains silent throughout the trip, his being focused solely on moving forward and staying alert, he tries to push the nausea and dizziness from his mind. At the door, he presses a hand against the wall as support, and the other against his head, "I assume they really...just never expected people like us to come down this far. I'm not sure what we should do, I suggest knocking though. We don't want to just pry this door open, it might be taken as an attack as opposed to a homecoming."

Uthuk
2006-10-14, 05:42 AM
Martin

Martin staggers along feeling miserable, putting all will into moveing forward and trying to block out the headache and weakness.

"Yes, I certainly felt better than I do right now."

Martin leans heavily on the wall in front of the door.

amanodel
2006-10-14, 09:37 AM
Elysia an Butch find a hidden bowl carved into the gigantic door.

"Only drow blood opens the gate..." mutters Jisika, and cuts her wrist with her knife, letting her blood pour into the bowl.

She nearly faints when the bowl's finally full. As she tries to stop her wirst bleeding, the door slowly opnes with so much noise you fear the whole mountain is collapsing.

Yawielas
2006-10-14, 02:27 PM
"Uhhhhh......I'm not quite sure, but I think this is the end of the line for the rest of us. The sickness and the door clearly spells: Only drows allowed..." Ely leans against the wall as the mountain rumbles.

Truwar
2006-10-16, 05:39 PM
Butch looks uncertainly at the somewhat sinister appearing door that requires blood to open and rumbles softly.

Maybe we should get ourselves a looksee at these folks before we leave little Jiskia to 'em...

amanodel
2006-10-17, 04:09 AM
At the other side of the huge stone door you see a frail wooden bridge crossing over a large chasm.

You can see two little drowish figures standing on the opposite side of the bridge, moving towards you.

But before you could do anything, you hear a cold voice from your back.

Thanks for leading us here. You did a great service to the Emperor.

In the darkness you can see the two bounty hunters who attacked you before, the elf and the hobgoblin. They are standing in a tunnel above you, you couldn't reach them right now.

Uthuk
2006-10-17, 06:43 AM
Martin

Martin looks up and curses under his breath.

"This is not good, we need to stop those guys from reporting this location."

Looking back over his shoulder and with a shout, "Close the gates, there are enemies near."

Martin tries to remember a way up to the tunnel where the bountyhunters are.
If he can't remember he will string his bow to see if he can give them a farewell present at least.

Yawielas
2006-10-17, 09:01 AM
Ely curses softly, then slips into the shadows of the cave walls, drawing her dagger. Staying low, she tries to sneak up to where the bountyhunters are, using all her experience from the mines to move in the darkness.

Move silently +12, Hide +11, Sneak attack melee +5, dmg 1d4 +2d6

Jongluer
2006-10-18, 06:06 PM
Marcuus turns and lets out a scream of rage, his bastard sword and shield seem to appear in his hands as if they were always there and his cloak stretched behind him, his Setonian Blues showing. He stares at the men and calls out, "Let the Emperor be DAMNED!!!" And he charges headlong at the bounty hunters.

((+9 to attack with Charge, 1d10+2 damage))

amanodel
2006-10-18, 06:31 PM
dun.. dun.. DUN!

No more posts please, I'm saving the game. We shall meet again on the new boards!

amanodel
2006-10-30, 03:05 PM
(Just checking in. If everybody have found the thread, we'll begin the battle. The two assassins are 10" above of you on a cliff thingy. Everyone post that you are here, please.)

Yawielas
2006-10-30, 03:36 PM
I'm here:)

Truwar
2006-10-30, 05:03 PM
((I am here))

Geech000
2006-11-03, 10:46 AM
((Present))

amanodel
2006-11-05, 06:06 AM
(Waiting for the others 'till Wednesday. I PM'd them already.)

Jongluer
2006-11-05, 02:05 PM
I'm here. Sorry for the late reply, was away this past weekend.

amanodel
2006-11-08, 01:49 PM
As you look around you see that Jisika has fainted, probably due to the loss of blood. You can't Ely anywhere. She disappeared in the shadows, and is on her way towards the assassin duo.

Before anyone could act the hobgoblin spy throws a dagger aiming at Martin, and he hits the bard in the chest. It seems that the blade was poisoned again, and Martin falls to the ground unconsciously.

Marcuus runs towards the duo, but can't get there in the rough underground terrain.

The elf assassin throws a dagger towards Marcuus, bit the dagger bounces off from his shield.

Round 1
Ely (21), disappeared in shadows
hobgoblin (18), standing 10" above you on a cliff
Marcuus (17), on his way to the enemies. There's a 45° road to the cliff, he can't charge.
elf (10), standing on the same cliff
-----Paused here---------
Butch (9)
Krahl (5)

Geech000
2006-11-08, 09:16 PM
Krahl snarls and hefts his axe. Unfortunately there seems to be a 10 ft height difference keeping their bodies intact right now.

((Additional information needed: Krahl would like to try to jump up to the assassins. To do this he will need a running start. Can he make a 20ft running start from where he is or does he need to move first. If he needs to move, it is going to take too long and he will just run up the path after Marcuus. If he can get in range he will attack, but I doubt he would. If he doesn't need to move, he will put his axe away and attempt to jump up and grab the ledge. Check PHB pg 77 for details on jump checks. It should only be a DC 8 or maybe a DC 12 to get a hold of it. Then it will take another action and a climb check to pull himself up.))

amanodel
2006-11-09, 03:21 AM
(It's possible to try it from a running start.)

Truwar
2006-11-09, 09:41 AM
Oh, yer in fer it boyos.

((Butch is going to do the same thing Krahl is attempting. Butch has a jump of +8 and a climb of +6 Once he gets to the top of the cliff, he will draw both of his daggers with his quickdraw feat))

Yawielas
2006-11-09, 10:49 AM
Elysia sneaks up, trying to get behind their attackers for a sneak attack, aiming for the one with the poisoned knives. She grips her masterwork dagger, ready to do some damage.

Hide: 20 http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=74
Move silently: 20 http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=75
Sneak attack: 14 http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=76
damage: 3+5=8
http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=77
http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=78

(this diceroller is obviously working for the Empire...)

Geech000
2006-11-09, 12:09 PM
Krahl puts his axe on his back, dashes forward and jump up grabing the ledge.

((Jump Check (1d20+6=14) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=719035)
Now I just need to make a DC 15 Climb check next turn...))

amanodel
2006-11-10, 12:54 PM
Butch and Krahl both hurry into combat, making their way to the assassin duo.

The orc takes the shorter way. As Krahl grabs the ledge and pulls himself up, the hobgoblin quickly stabs him with a kukri in the shoulder (12 damage).

Butch goes around the longer way which does not include much jumping, and he is now facing the elf.

Suddenly Elysia appears mysteriously, from behind the elf assassin and stabs him in the back. Hoverver, the point of the knife slips on the assassin's armor and misses.

The hobgoblin quickly throws a dagger at Butch, but it goes wide. He attacks Krahl again with the kukri and cuts the hand of the barbarian (4 damage).

Round 2
Ely (21), behind the elf and hobgoblin
hobgoblin (18), in front of Krahl
Marcuus (17), on his way to the enemies. There's a 45° road to the cliff, he can't charge.
elf (10), facing Butch
Butch (9), facing elf assassin
Krahl (5), facing hobgoblin, -16 hp

Truwar
2006-11-10, 01:29 PM
Maneuvering to take full advantage of his and Elysia’s numerical superiority Butch positions himself across from his slender friend and grins at the elven assassin.

You and yer friend aint too smart, iffin' it was me; I woulda just skedaddled and collected my reward from the Emperor. Course maybe ya were thinkin’ about collectin’ a reward on me head, fer that captain I kilt… Should o’ just taken the reward fer the information, ya know… kind o’ reminds me o’ an old proverb, “a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush”.

Butch’s mild, folksy words are bellied by his dangerous weaving daggers blades, darting in now and then to test the assassin’s defenses before striking home.

On hand attack: 13+8=21 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=721090)
Dmg: 2+5+4= 11 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=721096)

Off hand attack: 9+8=17 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=721095)
Dmg: 3+2+4= 9 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=721098)

Geech000
2006-11-12, 07:47 PM
With a snarl, Krahl pulls out his greataxe and raises it above his head. "You no escape Krahl. You die now!" Krahl then brings his axe swinging down at the hobgoblin. He is ignoring the blood running down his shoulder and arm.

((Power Attack (2) (1d20+8=16) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=724039)
Damage (1d12+11=13) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=724043)

HP: 35/51
AC: 14))

Jongluer
2006-11-12, 08:23 PM
Marcuus lets loose a massive shout and gets himself a good running start before propelling himself up into the combat with one solid jump. Once in the thick of it, he lets loose another yowl, letting his blade crash into whichever assassin he sees first.

((Jump check: http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=724085 , Attack roll: http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=724086 , Damage (though I doubt it hits): http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=724087 ))

amanodel
2006-11-13, 06:35 AM
Marcuus follows Krahl, and makes his way to face the hobgoblin. He swings his sword at the assassin, but it dodges the sword easily.

The elf swings two blades at Butch. The first strike cuts the bugbear's wrist (4 damage), but the second dagger gets cauget by Butch's blades, and falls from the elf's hand.

Butch's lighning fast blades get past the elf's defence twice, cutting his hand badly.

Krahl swings his axe at the hobgoblin, and scores a hit at his leg. The hobgoblin curses in pain. "Leave these buggers here, Rav! Retreat!"

End of Round 2
Ely (21), behind the elf and hobgoblin
Marcuus (17), facing the hobgoblin
elf (10), facing Butch
Butch (9), facing elf assassin, -4 hp
Krahl (5), facing hobgoblin, -16 hp

Yawielas
2006-11-13, 08:01 AM
Ely tries to stab the elf in the back again, searching for a weak spot in his armor.

(sneak attack +5, dmg 1d4+2d6 )

Geech000
2006-11-13, 02:48 PM
Krahl takes a wild swing at the hobgoblins neck, charging after him if neccisary.

((Possible charge not included
Power Attack (4) (1d20+6=17) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=724876)
Damage (1d12+15=22) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=724878)

I'm having trouble viewing Sylnae.net so I'm going off of memory for my character. I think he is at least level 4 so it should still all be accurate.

HP: 35/51
AC: 14 (12 if charging)))

Truwar
2006-11-13, 04:59 PM
Awww, you aint leavin’ already are ya? Butch purrs to the elf. I aint had a decent knife fight in what seems like years, it’s always fellas with these big overgrown swords ‘n such. They jist can’t appreciate good technique, ya see. Butch winks at the elf assassin. I’m thinkin’you, on the other hand, know jist how good I am…

On hand attack: 1d20+8=18 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=725064)
DMG: 1d4+5=6, 1d6=1 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=725066)

Off hand attack: 1d20+8=16 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=725068)
Dmg: 1d4+2=3, 1d6=4 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=725069)

amanodel
2006-11-13, 05:48 PM
(IMPORTANT OOC STUFF: Sylnae's going down. If you were using sylnae, check your charsheets here (http://jatol.jatol.com/~snikbot/3eprofiler/index.php), and teleport 'em to somewhere else. PM me the new link, or just add it to your next post. Thanks.)

amanodel
2006-11-15, 06:35 PM
Ely tries to stab the elf again, but she can't hit the skiled fighter. Her dagger was easily parried by the elf's blade.

The hobgoblin slowly moved back, away from Krahl. As he tried to evade Krahl's greataxe, he forgot about Ely, who stabbed him in the leg while he was retraiting. He tries to repay the stab, but he couldn't hit the evasive little elf girl.

Marcuus called to his patron deity, to grant him strenght to defeat the assassins. (casting bull's strenght, DM action)

The elf asssassin continued his mad dagger fight with butch. Heavy military discipline met with the cunning of the streets as four small blades clashed in a nearly countinuos clanking noise. The elf hit Butch's wrist two times (9 and 4 damage), causing the bugbeara great deal of pain, and major discomfort in handling the knives. However, Butch isn't someone who'll fall easily. He changes grip on his daggers and cuts deeply in the elf's forearm.

Krahl continues chasing the hobgoblin, and his combat prowess seems unmatched. The orc followed his opponent, and brutalized the hobgoblin's hand raised in self-defense. While he was moving toward his opponent, the elf assassin saw him, and with lightning reflexes, he cut the orc's side (7 damage).

End of Round 3
Ely (21), behind the elf and hobgoblin, thank her for the flanking bonus she provides!
Marcuus (17), behind Krahl
elf (10), facing Butch
Butch (9), facing elf assassin, -17 hp
Krahl (5), facing hobgoblin, -23 hp

Yawielas
2006-11-15, 06:42 PM
Ely slashes at the elf again, getting furious with the damage he's dealing to her friends.

Truwar
2006-11-16, 05:11 AM
((I am going to be in LA until Monday. That is when I will post next.))

Time ta put this ta sleep chum!

Butch's knives almost blur as they slash at the assassin.

On hand attack: 1d20+8=28 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=729178) Confirm: 1d20+8=24 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=729181)
DMG: 2d4+10=14, 1d6=6 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=729182)

Off hand attack: erg, lost the link but I think i rolled a total of 14 here is a reroll, if you want it: 1d20+8=15 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=729184)
Dmg: 1d4+2=5, 1d6=1 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=729185)

Geech000
2006-11-18, 10:28 AM
Krahl raises his axe for another bone crushing chop at the hobgoblin. Pathetic halfbreed whelp. It's about time he died.

((Krahl's new sheet (http://www.thetangledweb.net/profiler/view.php?id=64)

Move if neccisary and attack the hobgoblin.
Power Attack (2) (1d20+8=14) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=732849)
I doubt that hits.
Damage is 1d12+11))

amanodel
2006-11-18, 07:03 PM
Ely furiously stabs theelf in the back while he was distracted by the others. Her dagger slides in between the armor plates and stabs him in the back. He roars in pain and his eyes turn red with pain and anger.

The hobgoblin attacks Ely and hit the elf girl with a curved kukri. The weapon pierces her armor and the stab slides from the shoulder-blade, piercing Ely's lung (12 damage). The small elf girl spits blood as the kukri stabs her. The hobgoblin continues his retreat , and finally gets away from you, and starts to flee. Marcuus charges after him and hits him hard with his heavy bastard sword.

The elf assassin sees that his partner is already fleeig, and decides to follow him. He starts a final set of tricky dagger moves, hitting Butch, but only causes minor damage, cutting the bugbear's arms (10 damage). Then he moves around Elysia, hoping that Butch won't follow him.

But Butch is more than willling tocontinue the dagger-fight. He jumps after the elf, and sinks a blade in the chest of the reteating elf. The elf falls to his knees, but manages to stand up. It's a miracle that he's not dead yet.

Krahl rushes after the hobgoblin, but he ducks from the wide slash of the orc.

End of Round 4
Ely (21), left behind -12hp
hobgoblin (18), running away
Marcuus (17), chasing hobgoblin
elf (10), running away
Butch (9), chasing elf assassin, -27 hp
Krahl (5), chasing hobgoblin, -23 hp

Yawielas
2006-11-18, 07:10 PM
Ely coughs and sinks to her knees, wincing. She looks after the others, then back at Jisika and Martin lying on the ground. Coughing a little more blood, she starts crawling back to the small drow to see if she can help her and the bard.

Jongluer
2006-11-20, 02:51 PM
((Marcuus' New Sheet: http://www.thetangledweb.net/profiler/view.php?id=3113 ))

Marcuus huffs along after the hobgoblin, he must give pursuit to this vile man and letting him leave is not an option. Yet he knows he would just not be swift enough to make it on his feet, so he calls forth to the heavens, "Trithereon grant me a winged steed to follow this villain!" He bends his will to form a hippogriff before him, tearing it from the celestial realm

amanodel
2006-11-20, 06:05 PM
Ely crawls back to Jisika and Martin, who are lying on the ground before the large stone gate.

While Marcuus is busy with summoning a creature from the heavens, the elf and hobgoblin assassins continue to run away as fast as they can.

Round 5
Ely (21), left behind -12hp
hobgoblin (18), running away
Marcuus (17), summoning celestial hippogriff
elf (10), running away
Butch (9), chasing elf assassin, -27 hp
Krahl (5), chasing hobgoblin, -23 hp

Yawielas
2006-11-20, 06:07 PM
Ely tries to stop Jisika's bleeding, and casts a worried glance at Martin, remembering the poisoned knives from before. "Come on, Jisika....Wake up...We have to help Martin, and I don't know how..."

Truwar
2006-11-21, 02:10 PM
Butch sheathes his heavier dueling knives and whips two thowing daggers towards the fleeing elf assassin as he stands protectively over Elysia’s fallen form and yells for Jisika.

On hand throw: 1d20+5=24 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=737265)
Dmg: 1d4+5=7, 1d6=3 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=737269)

Off Hand Throw: 1d20+5=21 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=737275)
Dmg: 1d4+2=5, 1d6=5 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=737276)

Get yerself up here and see ta Ely!

amanodel
2006-11-26, 08:16 PM
(How many players I've got currently? I know this game has serious problems, mostly due bad decisions of mine, first of all the concept of the game, which is entirely non-existent, the storyline were woven completely depending upon how old players left or new players joined. If the four of you would like to continue I can come up with an actual adventure after finishing this quest-like thing. If not, we can finish the game in a few turns. Yawielas and Truwar are in my other games too, and upon request I could grant Jongluer or Geech a place in one of my FR games.)

Jongluer
2006-11-27, 12:08 AM
((This is really the last game I got left on these boards, and I sadly forget about a lot, hence my poor posting rate. But overall, I've always enjoyed it though I do feel it coming to an end from this Jisika storyline, or it could lead on whether or not the bounty hunter's get away. Whatever you feel appropriate, either way I feel I've had a great run.))

Yawielas
2006-11-27, 06:31 AM
(I'd love to continue, this is my longest running game on the boards, the first game I joined, so it's a little special to me:) I don't mind bringing in new players for a new adventure after this. I hope the current ones will stay, though, cause I like them a lot.)

Truwar
2006-11-27, 10:28 AM
((I would like to continue this story arc. I have been insanely busy the last couple of weeks, but I should be able to post a bit more in the future.))

Geech000
2006-11-27, 11:35 AM
((Sorry for not posting last week. Had internet problems. This is the only game I'm in right now and I dont' mind continueing it. Krahl has been one of my favorite characters to play. Whatever you want to do is fine with me.))

amanodel
2006-11-28, 03:37 PM
(All right going again!)

Butch throws his daggers after the elf, and altough he can barely see in the darkness, he hears two "thuds" and the elf screaming madly, altough he continues to run. Krahl and Marcuus runs after them, but don't seem to catch up with the fleeing duo.

Once, after a sudden corner you can hear several arrows launched at the same time, and a moment after you hear two screams and two bodies hitting the ground hard. Behind the corner Butch and Marcuus see a dozen drow archers, and the two assassins lying on the ground motionless. The drows quickly reload their bows and aim at Butch and Marcuus, but do not fire.

Go back to the others. - their leader tells the pursuing duo.

Meanwhile, as Butch helps Elysia, Jisika and Martin to get better, some drows show up around them. They are mostly armed too, but not hostile.

When the others escort Marcuus and Krahl back to Butch's, the drows have already attended to heal up Jisika, who seems to be weak and frail even amongst her kin.

Tell me why should I let you live, outlanders. - their leader, a middle-aged woman turns to the rest of you. She is dressed in beautiful silk robes of amber and lilac colour, and wears a lot of fine jewelry.

(Jongluer, I need your sheet public, and Truwar, I need your sheet.)

Yawielas
2006-11-28, 03:41 PM
Elysia looks up at her, clutching her wound, still coughing up blood. She turns her amber gaze from the drow leader to Jisika and answers simply. "Because of her..."

Jongluer
2006-11-28, 07:23 PM
((Sheet now public))

Marcuus arrives on the scene and nods when Elysia speaks and then steps forward to explain, "Not too long ago, we met Jisika when we were all enslaved in a gladitorial arena. Together we all agreed to escape, and after we did Jisika began to fall ill, we learned that this was most likely due to her being away from her homeland. Piecing together what we could from legends and people we spoke with, we eventually were able to make our way here. Now please we did not intend to stay, merely to see our friend to safety, if you do not wish us to be here, we will leave. Seeing her home, is enough."

((I'll roll Diplomacy if needed))

Geech000
2006-11-29, 11:57 AM
Krahl looks around at the new drow. Too many to fight. I'd better let my more talkative friends handle this. If it comes down to it, I might be able to take down two, maybe three. There is enough of them and they have bows, so running would be useless. I hope we don't get into a fight with these drow. Krahl begins to notice the stinging of his new wounds and the blood flowing from them and shifts around uncomfortably. He won't be able to stay ready for a fight forever. I'll need to clean those up. I hope I get the chance to.

amanodel
2006-11-29, 12:26 PM
The little drow warriors stay away from Krahl, the orc as much as they can without being coward, but they have respect and fear the greataxe-wielding barbarian.

The leader woman turns to Elysia and then Marcuus, examining them with her red eyes.

And how did you brought that two spies upon our land? The empires would pay a fortune if they knew the way to our secret shelter.

She looks at Marcuus suspiciously. However she seem more friendly towards you, as she sends some warriors to bring bandages to Butch, Ely, Martin, and Krahl. The two drows are suspicious of the two large humanoids, the orc and bugbear, and they refrain from helping them with putting on the bandages but they give it them anyways.

Geech000
2006-12-01, 12:10 PM
Krahl looks blankly at the drow with the bandages, caught completely off guard by this gesture of kindness. He looks over at his friends to see what they are going to do.

Truwar
2006-12-01, 01:31 PM
Ignoring his own deep knife wounds, Butch heads over to where Elysia is being tended by the drow healers and keeps an eye on their progress. Fumbling a cigar from his coat and attempting to light it with his flint and steel. The bugbear fumbles a bit because of a deep slash across one of his already heavily scarred hands but eventually gets the thick cylinder of tobacco alight and puffs deeply at it, sighing as a cloud of blue smoke issues from the side of his mouth. Looking down at the heavily injured little elf he addresses the drow around her.

You take o’ her, ya hear? We been through too much ta get yer little lost lamb home ta end up bleedin’ out in yer tunnels.

amanodel
2006-12-01, 03:51 PM
The little drows try to ignore the large bugbear, not wanting to mess with him.

Don't worry, bugbear, you'll be released after my questions are answered. - answers the leader. She pulls out a strange compass from her robes, and watches it carefully, while moving it slowly around.

Yawielas
2006-12-01, 04:14 PM
Elysia rasps:"Those two must have followed us. I don't know how they found us, though....We've fought them before. We didn't lead anyone here on purpose."

Truwar
2006-12-01, 06:14 PM
Butch grunts at the drow leader’s statement and takes a deep pull from his cigar, sending rings of smoke into the air.

You jist see ta Ely here and we can talk about getting’ out o’ here later. You think yer gonna be able ta track them assassin’s down?

Butch begins wrapping bandages around his massive hand as he speaks to the leader.

Them assassin’s er cut up pretty good, I don’t think they’ll make too good o’ time in their current state o’ bein’, but iffin ya let ‘em get back ta civilization yer gonna be in a heap o’ trouble…

amanodel
2006-12-01, 07:14 PM
Those assassins are not going anywhere, I suppose. They paid with their lives for trying to give our secret out.
The drow woman points to the bodies of the assassins, covered with with small black arrows. They now lay on the ground with lifeless, open eyes, and bloods slowly flowing from their many wounds.

Meanwhile, she studies the strange compass, which points towards Butch. Butch's pocket, to be precise. That's where he keeps the ring from the merchant.

What kind of magic you got, bugbear? Care to share it with me?
The lady asks you, pointing to the ring's direction.

Geech000
2006-12-04, 09:30 AM
Krahl sighs and puts down his axe. Grabbing some bandages, he sits down and starts trying to bandage up his wounds.

Truwar
2006-12-05, 06:20 PM
Butch shrugs and make a peculiar twitching motion with has hand, causing the ring to appear as if by magic, without seeming to reach into his pocket. ((Sleight of Hand +11))

We got hired ta bring to a fella in a town not too far from here. He was supposed ta pay us fer delivery when we arrived but he wasn’t around so we jist kept it as collateral fer future payment.

With that Butch winks at the Drow and takes a deep pull from his thick cigar and closing his eyes in pleasure as he slowly exhales a cloud of bluish smoke. He then sits heavily on the ground and rests his back against a rock, grunting a bit in pain as he shifts to find a spot that does not irritate his many knife wounds.

amanodel
2006-12-06, 06:46 AM
Can I have a look at it? - asks the drow leader, and studies the ring further with her strange compass. That seems to be a complicated device, with several finely crafted masterwork gears and magnetic nails made of different rare metals.

After studying the ring for a minute from different angles with the weird compass, she turn to Butch again. It's enchanted with strong divinations, no wonder this item led the two spies to here. I must ask you to give it to me right now. - she asks you with a serious look on her face.

(One butch character sheet is missing still!)

Truwar
2006-12-06, 10:04 AM
((Butch (http://www.planetadnd.com/3eprofiler/view.php?id=4409)))

Tell ya what. I give ya the ring and we get ta keep the gear on them two assassins?

Butch rolls the ring across his fingers, then flicks it towards the dark elf, sending the ring tumbling in a gentle arc towards the outstretched hand of the drow. Grunting in pain, Butch staggers back to his feet and heads over to the body of the elven assassin.

Ye were pretty quick with them knives champ. Let’s see what his Imperialness equips his favored thugs with.

Butch first examines the elf’s daggers with the eye of a connoisseur, then goes about rifling through his gear looking for anything of value.

amanodel
2006-12-06, 08:01 PM
Of course you give me the ring. - answers the drow woman - And I care not what you want to do with these filthy imperial items. - she catches the ring, and pockets it after a short inspection.

She turns away from Butch, and pays attention to her medic team curing Jisika, Martin, and Elysia.

The human is in a bad shape, he was poioned by blackroot extract, it seems. I don't know if we can give him an antidote right now. - she tells you, pointing at Martin.

Meanwhile Butch skillfully loots the two bodies in less than a minute. The bugbear first takes the daggers of the elf. Really fine daggers they are, and the assassin had a load of them. There are some well-balanced dagger, mainly for throwing, but the main pair of daggers are really beautiful, crafted from materials Butch didn't even heard before. There are some small, black vials, with small runes painted on them. Probably the poisons. He finds some money, a gem bag packed with various gems and jewelry on the elf's belt. The hobgoblin had a finely crafted kukri, a sword, and a small crossbow, as far as weapons go. He had some coins at himself too. Both of them wore similar pitch-black studded leather armors under their disguising clothes. On the hobgoblins finger he finds a ring, similar to the one he had, probably this helped them find your way.

Jongluer
2006-12-06, 08:19 PM
Marcuus lets Butch explain everything, instead moving over to Krahl to make sure the half-orc was ok as well as assist him with the bandages if need be. He then looks over the drow and says in reference to Martin, "Any assistance you can render would be greatly appreciated, we've been travelling for quite a long ways at this point." He then watches Jisika's body, hoping that she will soon be cared for and at least taken back into her homeland. Marcuus walks over to her body and settles down on his knees next to her, preparing himself for the goodbye that is inevitably going to come when she returns to her people.

Yawielas
2006-12-07, 05:52 AM
Ely looks worriedly over at Martin, and moves over to him, placing her hand on his chest. "Please...Do what you can, he's helped us so much. He's our friend."

amanodel
2006-12-09, 12:55 PM
We will do our best, I assure you, elf. - ays the drow woman. - Now, if you forgive my rudeness, I must ask you to follow us, the mathron has yet to decide of your fate. - she explains to you - You will be guided to the inner halls, but we cannot let you to see the path, so I must ask you to follow us with your eyes covered by these. - she pulls out black clothes from her pack, and hold it towards you.

Meanwhile, some of the soldiers bring stretchers and put Martin and Jisika on them.

Jongluer
2006-12-10, 08:48 PM
Marcuus nods slipping on the cloth and tying it as tightly as he can, "I understand and will respect your desires." It suddenly occurs to him that he will most likely be one of the first humans to enter the Drow inner halls, even if he only sees a small amount of it, it's still more than anyone else. He prepares himself for what will certainly be the experience of a lifetime. Then it dawns on him and he asks, "What do you mean decide our fate?" He stops his cloth tying momentarily and lifts it to look at the Drow for a moment.

Truwar
2006-12-11, 12:54 PM
Decidin’ if we’re gonna get the ole’ shiv in the shortribs, iffin ya take my meanin’ is what they were talkin’ about, Boyo. The blindfolds are a good sogn, though, iffin’ they were sure they wanted ta off us they wouldn’t even bother.

With that, Butch binds his eyes, puffing with a wry grin at his cigar.

Yawielas
2006-12-11, 02:03 PM
Ely gives a last concerned glance towards Martin, then blindfolds herself.

Geech000
2006-12-11, 08:44 PM
Krahl grumbles, ready to put up a fight. However, seeing his companions going along with it he puts the blindfold on. He fumbles around on the ground for his axe then waits to be lead off.

amanodel
2006-12-12, 09:26 AM
After Butch briefly explained Marcuus his thoughts about the question, the drows blindfold you. Two drow surrounds all of you mo kae sure of two things: Not to remove the cloth from your eyes, and not to fall on the underground, rocky terrain. You walk for long without knowing where you walk, and the drows make sure to lead you in a rather zig-zaggy way to confuse you.

A drow asks Krahl to hand him the greataxe, since the enourmous weapon looks terrifying to them.

(Sorry for onlya short post, I try to recruit some players to fill in, so then we can go on a decent adventure.)

(Meanwhile I sketched a little picture (http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f118/amanodel/SEATON2.jpg) for you. I can't draw, my anatomy sucks, and my pencil lost any sharpness it had after Butch. When I draw Butch, I realised that it became a portrait of Wolverine. Big, badass, cigar-smoking guy with some deadly blades at their disposal. :) Not to mention that a bugbear's and Wolverine's hairstyle kinda match. Marcuus is in the official Setonian armor, I couldn't recall what he was wearing atm. Also, I remembered him having a long hair, but I maybe was wrong. :/ Ely was too small to even draw her eyes... Her skin and hair became darker than I intended to, thanks to my foul rubbers. But I do love the gheghis khan -style mustache of Krahl. :D )

Geech000
2006-12-13, 02:19 PM
((I'm assuming the drow are speaking in Seton. Otherwise, Krahl couldn't have understood a word they said.))

Krahl is hesitant to part with his axe. I'm already blindfolded though. I may as well be defenceless. Krahl holds the axe out a little ways, not wanting to accidentally hit someone with it. He gives a disgruntled grunt, but otherwise stays silent.

Yawielas
2006-12-14, 04:59 AM
Still hurting, Ely tries to keep up with the others, even though she can't see where she's going. Starting to feel the effects of being underground, enclosed in tunnels and caves, she wipes away a few drops of sweat appearing on her forehead, and takes deeper breaths, trying not to panic.

Truwar
2006-12-14, 06:37 PM
His sharp ears picking up Elysia’s stumbling gait as she struggles to keep up and knowing the seriousness of her wounds, Butch comes to a sudden stop, a muscular wall to any that attempt to move through him.

Hey Missy, how ya doin’? Elysia’s is cut up sumthin fierce, I aint goin’ another step until ya either let me help ‘er of some o’ you give ‘er a hand.

((I am going to be on vacation until Monday))

amanodel
2006-12-14, 08:03 PM
Hearing the huge bugbear complaining, the smaller drows rushed to Elysia in a moment, and quickly picked her up, not wanting to enrage their "guest". The drows led you for quite a while before finally stopping. They removed your blindfolds then so you could see where you are.

You saw that you are currently in a very large cavern, as big as a main square in a smaller town. The floor was carved to be smooth an the ground, and there are various building carved into the walls of the cave. You see many drows around, who are clearly interested in you, and suspiciously watch your every movement. As you look around, you see that from this cave, several tunnels lead into nother, smaller caves, the whole labirinth give you a feeling that you are in an underground city. The caves are lit by torches, and a strange kind of underground mushroom, which eliminates green-ish light, giving a spooky, eerie atmosphere to the drow settlement. At the center of the cave, there is a really large mushroom, at lest 15 feet tall, which radiates intensively and enlightens the centre of the cave.

The drow guards' leader woman turns to you. "Welcome to Nevermorning, the undergound city ofour people."

(We will have two players joining us, I'm planning the meeting already...)

Yawielas
2006-12-15, 11:33 AM
Elysia looks around in wonder and a little dread, moving close to Butch and Marcuus.

Geech000
2006-12-15, 11:51 AM
When Krahl's blindfold is removed, his first thought is to find out where his axe is. Then he notices the city. His jaw drops and all other thoughts are shoved aside. He gazes around in wonder at the glowing mushrooms and the drow's homes. That's a big mushroom. I wonder if its edible. As his eyes wander up the massive mushroom in the middle of the cave they inevitablely find the ceiling. Krahl shivers, remembering that they are underground. "If it no under rock, it be pretty."

Jongluer
2006-12-18, 08:27 PM
Marcuus smiles, the entire place was breath taking. It left him speechless to see it all and know he was here, he slowly walked up to the large mushroom and said aloud in wonderment, "This is astounding."

Truwar
2006-12-19, 09:34 AM
Quite impressed by his surroundings, Butch’s street-tough instincts take over and he puts on a nonchalant face. Taking out a cigar and concentrating on getting it alight, he calmly takes a few puffs then looks around the massive cavern-city.

Nice place ya got here…

amanodel
2006-12-19, 08:29 PM
While you look around amused, many drow gather at the underground "square" and watch you carefully. You stand there for around a minute, when the crowd quickly splits in two, and some rather important-looking dark elves move to your group. The leader of the patrol and the soldiers bow their heads deeply.

These are the surfacers who have brought a new member to our realm, and some trouble as well, matron. - says the patrol leader, still bowing.

One of the newcomers, an older woman, reffered to as matron, examines you closely.

Well done, captain. Let's se what we've got here. An elf, just out from the mines... a guttersnipe bugbear with a smelly rod in his mouth... a feherloh orc... They have neither the power or the willingness to hurt our society. Marcuus Nero, son of a Setonian general, why should I release you? How can you reassure me that you can be trusted not giving our secret away? - asks the matron, looking deep inside the eyes of Marcuus. She talks in perfect setonian.

Truwar
2006-12-22, 10:24 AM
Butch chuckles at the Matrons question, settling himself to the ground with a pained grunt and taking an introspective puff at his cigar before answering the Matron.

Well, yer Matronship, there’s probably a few reason ya can trust us ta not turn ya in ta the Empire.

He ticks off a one with his badly cut up and banadaged hand.

First, we’re all on the lamb from Imperial types, even good Master Marcuus over there, on accounta of his religiocity disagreein’ with the Setonians favorite pastime, slavin’.

He holds up a second bloody finger.

Second, we just hauled our backsides from one side o’ the world to the back end o’ nowhere ta deliver our little friend Jisika to ya. Now do ya think we’re gonna turn around and rat ‘er out to tha same fellers that thought we’d look real fashionable-like dressed in chains?

Noticing Elysia’s discomfort, Butch places his other hand gently on her shoulder even as he holds up a third finger.

And third, we just about got our vittles spilled on these cave floors, tryin’ ta keep those two skulkers from escapin’ ‘en warnin’ their Imperial buddies about yer hidey hole here. All things considered yer Matronship, I can’t think o’ a group o’ folks ya could trust MORE then our little circle o’ friends.

Jongluer
2006-12-22, 11:53 PM
Marcuus bows deeply to the matron saying, "I would say that my companion's observations are correct. There is little reason, or desire within me to turn you into the Empire, beyond that, I was not even planning on entering this sanctuary, Jisika's weakened state is what drove us so deep within here, we meant no harm nor offense. I would never wish harm to come to a place of such unique beauty, which my brethren would certainly bring with them. I hope that you will have the faith in us not to betray, just as we took the leap of faith to trust you in not killing us when we attempted entrance to return Jisika."

amanodel
2006-12-23, 08:48 AM
Good, I sense you're telling me the truth. Otherwise you'd be hanged from the top of the cave. - the matron tells you - However, I must ask you a favour. The Empire does not only search after us with mundane assassins. The empire's diviners make all efffort to find this sanctuary, and they are quite cloe, I don't think we can fool their divinations for too long. - she excalims - You, Marcuus, know the ways of the Empire well enough, and through your heritage, you may help us. There's a powerful artifact, which could protect our undermountain realm. You must acquire it, and bringt it to the diviner's temple in Seaton. Are you willing to do this for us? The gratefulness of our people will know no bounds. - she adds the last part looking at Butch, while raising her hand decorated with many fine-crafterd gold bracers.

Yawielas
2006-12-28, 09:49 AM
Elysia glances to Marcuus, waiting for his answer. This sounded just like the noble thing he'd do, though. Then she eyed the matron's golden bracelets and smiled a little, before coughing again.

Truwar
2006-12-28, 09:58 AM
Butch turns to Elysia so the drow cannot see his face and gives the elven woman a slow wink, saying he heartily seconds her feelings about the situation, then leans down and whispers in her ear.

You ok, missy? Ya got yerself pretty cut up by the assassin feller in the scrap back there. Didn’t anyone ever tell ya that yer hide aint all that good fer deflectin' knife strokes?

Jongluer
2006-12-28, 12:11 PM
Seeing now that he would be making the decision for the entire group, Marcuus nods, "Yes, I feel that it is the least we could do since we brought a pair of assassins to your door, it is all we could do to set things right." He looks around once more taking in the scenery around him, "Besides, one could never let the Empire take hold of such a beautiful sanctuary."

Yawielas
2006-12-28, 12:44 PM
Ely looks up at Butch, shrugging a little. "I think I'll live...At least long enough for Marcuus or Martin to help with their healing. That is, if Martin recovers..." She frowns worriedly. "But if I don't get out of here soon, I don't know...I'm...not too fond of being underground. Or enclosed, large and beautiful as it may be..."

amanodel
2006-12-28, 07:10 PM
The matron listens to Marcuus' words with great care.

Then you may leave. Our priests will heal your wounded, and you may have a good sleep in our fair town. I see you need it badly.

The artifact I'm talking about, however, is not mine. It's in the possession of an ogre warchief, living in the mountains. Our fine diviners could locate tthe powerful object with ease. You may think you're weak to face an ogre raiding camp, but you don't necessarely must do it by brute force. And our scrying revealed two powerful magicians camping in that area, who could be use to you. Tell them about the ogre's wealth and powerful items, I'm sure they'll accompany you.

Take these notes, they will tell you about your task and destination once you're there.

Go now, feel free to explore the city and enjoy our hospitality. When you're ready, just tell a guard you are, and we will teleport you to the magicins' encampment.

Saying that, she and her party leaves. The citizens remain there watching you for a while, then they leave, too.

(The two magicians will be two new recruitments, once we're done I'll introduce them.)

Yawielas
2007-01-02, 04:28 PM
Ely lets the drow healers take care of her before checking on Martin. If he's allright, she goes to bed, wanting to sleep the time underground away. If he's not, she sits by his side for the rest of the night, probably falling asleep there.

Truwar
2007-01-04, 11:39 AM
Ogres eh? Looks I’m gonna need ta get me some bigger knives… Y awouldn’t happen ta have a selection o’ fine cuttin’ implements I could look at, ya know, before I go out ta get the only thing that can keep yer little bit o’ heaven here safe from the ravenin’ slavers o’ the Setonian Empire?

The last sentence is delivered with a grin and a wink. After ascertaining if he will be able to more fully equip himself for the coming journey, Butch unobtrusively follow Elysia, keeping a close eye on her and gently carrying her off to bed if she falls asleep next to Martin’s bed.

Geech000
2007-01-04, 06:05 PM
Krahl thinks back, remembering hearing that ogres were big, mean, and strong. Going against them would be a big fight with a lot of plunder. Krahl realizes that he is still missing his axe and looks around for it again. Going into a big fight without a weapon would of course be stupid. "Krahl gunna need Krahl's axe iffen Krahl's tribe be fighting ogres."

Yawielas
2007-01-08, 10:55 AM
(Who are we waiting for? Let's wrap this up so the new people can play:) )

amanodel
2007-01-08, 02:13 PM
(For Jongluer. I hoped he would show up. Sorry for the wait. I really wanted this underground issue to be a bit longer, but with our two new players waiting I must press on.)

You replace yourselves with weaponry and goods after a good, deep sleep, and you are ready to go. You spen the night in a typical building of this town, a cave carved out from the stone to be a weird and deviant copy of a "surfacer" house. Your hosts supplied you with everything they could. The bat-stew with fried mushrooms indeed sounds odd, but it's taste is not that bad, and you are told that it is one of the most prized food around here.

When you wake up, you quickly find some guards in front of your house-cave, who get you a similar breakfast, and lead you to the matron. The curious townsfolk looked at your every movement as yesterday as you were heading towards the matron.

Waiting for her, one of her captains, who were around your group yesterday, informed you that Marcuus' wounds are serious and altough the herbsmen have the herbs for treatment, it will take a long time he can walk again.

The drow captain, a young male called Ssrenio Avanome dressed in fine-crafted ring mail shows Butch a wide selection of "fine cuttin' implements". He turn to Elysia, while Butch is busy looking through the selection. After bowing deep and kissing Ely's hands, he straightens up, and wiping his long white hair from his blood-red eyes, he ask: Miss, you don't happen to need a fine weapon from our arsenal? I do think that a lady of your beauty needs more caring and protection. He keeps looking in Ely's amber eyes all the while he takes her in the armory, following the elf girl really closely.

Once done with looking through the drow armory, the matron mother arrives, and oreders you to stand in a circle of shining runes, radiating with all colours of the rainbow on the stone cavern ground. She gives a letter to Marcuus, and whispers something in his ears. Remember no to tell anyone where did you find us.

The matrons asks you to stand in the teleportation circle and begins a long spellcasting in a language you're not familiar with. The army captain Ssrenio
steps to you, and grabs Ely's hand strongly. Remember the poor soldier who were enchanted by the magic in your eyes. Farewell! When finally he let Ely's hand, the elf girl noticed a beautiful amulet in her hand, decorated with four small rubies and topaz.

You hear the matron wishing you a safe travel under the sky, and then the underground city vanishes from your sight in a radiating turquise light.

Far away at the tall mountains of the north, somewhere between the High Plains and the uncivilised northern lands, two companions were cooking launch in a makeshift camp. They were heading toward the north, over the mountains, where it is said that an ogre chieftain acquired a great magical device, and rumor tells that his army of ogres are threatening only the locals there, but the chieftain has greater ambitions, and is thinking on moving South, to the High plains when he gathers enough men to his army.

One of them, Bjera Thorvallissar, a dwarf woman, spotted you as you were slowly shifting through space and just outside their encampment. Her companion, Kitaran, a human boy also sensed the magical energy inwoked at your transport, and looked at the appearing of your party even before you saw him.

(Teleporting to new party members. I know it's the lamest way, but I couldn't think on anything else. Please welcome DarkLadyOfTheSith and Santanya, who are joining us with the mentioned dwarf and human. Yay!)

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-01-08, 02:45 PM
Bjera

The dwarf woman casually draws a spear, holding it loosely in her hand while she waits for the shifting to stop. "I suggest you hold still and tell us who you are and why you're here." Her tone is easy-going, although there's just a hint of steel behind it. Her speech is accented; though she speaks Setonian, clearly she wasn't born in the Empire.

Her blonde hair is braided, and tied back. An eyepatch covers one eye, the other showing as bright blue-- a marked contrast to her dusky skin. Her clothing is grey, down to the floppy hat she wears; the only exception being the shiny black color of the raven feathers covering her cloak.

Santanya
2007-01-08, 03:17 PM
Kitaran

Kitaran pushes himself to his feet quickly, peering in the direction he felt the expulsion of magic from. He stands the opposite side of the fire from Bjera, his fist curled and drawn back.

His dark hair was pulled back into a thin pony tail hanging over a light leather jacket, a thick linen shirt tucked into leather breeches. He seemed slightly thin for his height but his eyes shone bright in the light. "She doesn't miss with that thing often, and I promise I won't," he says peering at the newcomers.

Yawielas
2007-01-08, 03:37 PM
Elysia looks a little surprised from the amulet in her hand to the two figures by the fire. "That was quick..."

Truwar
2007-01-08, 04:52 PM
((Welcome to the group! Glad to see some new folks. Amanondel, what kind of weapons were available in the armory? Magic? Masterwork? Etc. Thanks))

Still a bit nonplused about “That slick little sprite of a huckster trying ta take advantage o’ Ely” Butch cannot quite keep all of the annoyance he felt out of his response to the Dwarven woman and her companion.

Awww put yer pig-sticker away lady. We know why yer here and we’re gonna be helpin’ ya with that Ogre Cheiftain. Heck we even got us a good fence fer the loot.

He sends a raised eyebrow at the young human as he walks into the camp, hands raised and weapons sheathed. When he gets to the fire he takes out a cigar and squats down by the fire?

Mind if I use yer fine campfire here?

Not really waiting for an answer but nodding genially as if they had given him an affirmative he lights up his cigar and takes a few puffs before sighing contentedly and sitting on the ground, sending rings of blue smoke above his head.

I have ta apologize fer me rudness jist a moment ago, feller we met earlier jist rubbed me the wrong way is all…

So, what do ya say? Would ya mind a little extra muscle in dealin’ with these ogres and a good fence ta dispose o’ the loot ta boot?

Smiling the heavily muscled Bugbear leans back and continues to puff at his cigar.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-01-08, 05:11 PM
Bjera

Her hand clenches around her spear as the bugbear approaches, although she doesn't make any threatening moves so far. She watches him silently for a moment before looking at her companion then speaking to the bold visitor. "What's in it for you?" she asks somewhat suspiciously.

Yawielas
2007-01-08, 05:17 PM
"We're helping out some friends." Ely approaches the fire as well. "Butch here is right, we're here to help you. Marcuus, perhaps you should do the diplomatic bit, I think Butch is a little rusty in that area." The little elf grins.

Santanya
2007-01-08, 05:48 PM
Kitaran

Kitaran nods slightly, eying the elf as she approaches. He relaxes his posture slightly beings they didn't seem overly threatening. "Ok, so you know of our plans... How do you know?" he asks, frowning slightly glancing once more to Bjera. "And who or what sent you?" he asks nodding back to where they had appeared. "That was some powerful stuff... Sorry," he says, breaking a bit of a smile as he looks at the bugbear. "Sudden arrivals like yours tend to set me on edge."

((Thanks for the welcome, its good to join! Sorry for the skitishness. ;) He's a good guy once you stop teleporting next to him! Honest!))

Geech000
2007-01-08, 09:33 PM
Krahl

The drow set Krahl on edge and he is unable to relax while in the caverns. The magics they used to send the tribe on its way made him downright skittish. Wierd magics. Why do we have to use magic? I'd rather walk, but where the tribe goes, I go, even if we go by magic. I hope I don't get turned into a lizard. He takes a couple steps forward to get out of the area they teleported into and looks back at it distrustfully. He quickly looks back at the dwarf and the human tensing up for a moment before grounding the head of his axe and leaning onto its haft.

When they appear at the campsite, Krahl stands ready for a fight. He visably relaxes when Butch goes and lights his cigar, totally ignoring the possibilty of a fight. It is good to be back under the sky again. I wonder who these new people are. If they try anything... but they're supposed to help us, aren't they?

For an orc, Krahl isn't very impressive. He is only a little over 5 feet tall and slouches a lot. The left side of his face is scruched up and deformed, with his left eye nearly half an inch higher than his right and his left nostral noticable larger than his right. The right side of his mouth hangs open a little in a lopsided grin. Despite his unattractive and unimpressive appearance, their is a dangerousness about him. His grey eyes are hard and merciless and he holds the massive two handed axe in front of him with the ease of familiarity.

((Welcome to the game!

I don't think I ever actually posted a good description of Krahl before. It has been in my character sheet, but I figured it would be good to describe him here.))

Truwar
2007-01-09, 10:22 AM
((I suppose a description would be a good idea, I have to say, I always pictured Krahl as taller than Butch!))

Somewhat short for a Bugbear, Butch would still tower over most humans… if he were not currently sprawled comfortably by the campfire puffing contentedly on his cigar. His arms are heavily muscled and his hands and forearms bear quite a number of scars, some of them quite fresh. Dagger hilts peek from his boots, a dagger is strapped to each thigh, and at his waist hangs two curved blades, one heavier than the other. His baggy clothing makes him seem somewhat bulky at first but closer examination reveals that it is loose enough to cover the studded leather armor he is wearing underneath.

Smiling at the two campers is a genuinely disarming way he nods at their question.

That’s a fair enough thing ta want ta be knowin’ about yer travelin’ companions. Ya see, this magical artiwhatsahoosit is good fer one thing, keepin’ stuff hidden. That’s pretty importanant ta our current employers, bein’ as they’re a pack o’ drow livin’ in a underground city all hidden from our good friends the Setonians. Well, seems like everybody’s favorite slavers are getting’ closer and closer ta findin’ the drow every day and the drow are getting’ kind o’ desperate ta prevent this from happenin’, on accounta them not wantin’ ta be enslaved.

So, turns out they found this whatever-ya-call-it out here with these here ogres and they are sure as shoot that it’s the key ta keepin’ ‘em all safe and cozey in their little hidden bit o’ paradise. They also used their magical powers ta divine that the two o’ you were out here as well, and that ya might be a willin’ ta help us out. I’ll tell ya what, these drow are RICH and desperate, I don’t know about you but the idea o’ being rich beyond me wildest dreams has a sort o’ appeal ta me…

Santanya
2007-01-09, 01:16 PM
Kitaran

Kitaran nods slightly, listening to the bug bear speak. He looks to Bjera again, taking it all in. "I'm sure we could probably use the help," he says raising an eyebrow at the dwarf.

He knickers at the fire softly once as he sits back down, picking up the piece of jerky he had been gnawing on. As he rips a small piece off, a small fiery, humanoid only about a foot and a half tall rises from behind a rock, peering up at the bugbear as moves quickly next to Kitaran. It takes the piece of jerky he offers it and begins chewing on its edge. "Its ok," Kitaran says to it. "So you were sent after the artifact?"

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-01-09, 01:34 PM
Bjera

Relaxing her grip on the spear she eyes Kitaran curiously, chewing on her lower lip for a few moments before replying. "Perhaps I should seek Odin's guidance in this matter. Holler if you need me." She moves a few paces away, grounding the spear next to her as she kneels and begins to pray to her god, burning incense and casting bones in the process, studying them intently.

(Casting Augury, with the question. "What will occur if we allow the newcomers to join us?" -- I know I'm stretching the capacity of the spell a bit, but it seems a handy shortcut to get the group together.)

amanodel
2007-01-09, 06:25 PM
The fourth person of the teleporting group, Marcuus rubbed his head with his hands, trying to make a sudden headache pass. He greets Bjera and Kitaran shortly, and sits down quickly thereafter on a rock.

(Bjera gets the anser to her spell as "Weal". :) )

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-01-09, 08:00 PM
Bjera

Bjera stands after a couple of minutes of prayer. She puts her spear away with the others on her back-- giving her the momentary appearance of a giant spider until her cloak fell back into place. She relaxes visibly as she rejoins the others. "We were just preparing lunch. Are you hungry?" she asked of the visitors.

Geech000
2007-01-10, 11:33 AM
Krahl

Krahl stiffens as Bjera prepares her spell and begins to cast. He watches her for several seconds before purposefully averting his eyes. There were many strange things about her, but despite all of them she reminded Krahl of the Wise Ones from his tribe. His old tribe.

When Bjera finishes casting and rejoins everyone else, Krahl takes a step towards her before kneeling on the ground. He lays his axe on the ground and bows. Speaking in bad but understandable Seton he says, "Forgive Krahl's not respecting. Krahl not know."

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-01-10, 12:27 PM
Bjera

Bjera nods respectfully to the orc. "You don't need to do that. I haven't earned that sort of respect." She switches from Setonian to Margran "Are you from the northlands as well?"

Yawielas
2007-01-10, 01:25 PM
Ely slips the amulet over her head, and breathes in the free air deeply. Suddenly giggling a bit, she starts to run around the campsite, feeling the burden of the mountain lift from her tiny shoulders.

Santanya
2007-01-10, 03:02 PM
Kitaran

Kitaran chuckles softly, watching the elf run rings around them. "You all seem rather pleased to be out here," he says as he reaches for his pack to pull out a bit of rations for the meal.

Truwar
2007-01-11, 05:42 PM
Seeing Elysia slip the amulet around her neck Butch grunts sourly and unconsciously bites down on his cigar, snapping the tip off and cursing sulfurously as he juggles the burning cigar back to his lips.

Ya, a bit o’ food would hit the spot. Bats and mushrooms aint quite as bad as I thought they would be but I could use some grub that’ll stick to me ribs. Thank ya kindly fer the offer.

amanodel
2007-01-11, 06:14 PM
You are quite happy to have a woman cook for you, you were missing that for far too long. Bjera's hot soup and roasted meat chunks smell slightly better than anything you've eaten while you were on the road.

Luckily the dwarf woman can adjust the size of the launch to be enough, if only barely, to everyone.

The weather is much colder than in the undermountains, but a large rock protects you from the chilling winds. It's still pretty cold, but the drows gave you some winter clothes if you'd need any.

Santanya
2007-01-12, 12:24 PM
Kitaran

"Good as always," Kitaran says, nodding appriciatively to Bjera as he eats. "I suppose this means she accepts you," he says, chuckling softly. He sets his bowl down on the ground next to him, letting the small impish creature eat the small amount he left in the bowl. "I don't suppose you were given much information about the orc camp were you?"

Geech000
2007-01-12, 12:37 PM
Krahl

Krahl sits up and blinks at Bjera a few times before replying in Seton. "Krahl not Know what you say."

After the meal, Krahl sits back and relaxes. Content with where he is for now.

Yawielas
2007-01-12, 12:40 PM
Ely plops down beside Butch, and eagerly accepts the offer of food. "This is very good, thank you." She smiles at the dwarf woman.

Jongluer
2007-01-14, 10:29 AM
Marcuus who has remained silent till now, lifts his head up, he is still in a daze from his injuries and time spent down in the caverns but slowly the mountain air has refreshed him. He has an old cloak wrapped about him to protect from the cold, though one can easily spot flashes of Setonian Blue armor beneath it. His hair has been growing longer throughout the journey having extended down half-covering his ears with black waves and his eyes are an amber hue, seeming to shimmer. Several times one could easily spot a silver holy symbol to Trithereon across his belt. Finally getting his strength back after his meal he responds to the human's question, "We have little information on the camp itself, merely the artifact that they requested we obtain and what to do with it." He then inclines his head to the dwarf woman, "Thank you for the meal, it was good to experience proper cooking once again."

((Yes, I'm back, the play I'm a part of has started to wind down with the performances coming up, so I'll actually be free to post again))

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-01-14, 11:41 AM
Bjera

Bjera sighs at Krahl's response. "Nevermind, it wasn't important," she replied, slipping into Setonian again. She nods acknowledgement of the compliments on her cooking, but is content to listen to the others for now.

Yawielas
2007-01-16, 09:12 AM
Ely sits back, leaning against a rock after finishing her meal. "So, how did you hear about this artifact? And don't you think it's a little risky going after it just the two of you? Ogres are pretty big, I've heard." The little elf looks from the dwarf woman to the human boy.

Santanya
2007-01-16, 12:16 PM
Kitaran

"Well, the artifact isn't exactly our main goal," he says smirking slightly. "We heard tales of the ogres getting more," he waves a hand slightly searching for the right word. "Exhuberant in their behavior. Threatening those around them more. If they go unchecked then its possible they would attempt to take as much land as they can. This artifact may be what's driving them towards this behavior." He shrugs, glancing at Bjera. "And they're large, but we have a few talents between us. A frontal assault would be out, despite what some people would prefer."

Geech000
2007-01-16, 05:42 PM
Krahl

Krahl thinks for a minute at the words "frontal assualt". He scratches his head and looks more than a little confused. "So we's not killing the ogres?"

Santanya
2007-01-16, 05:48 PM
Kitaran

Kitaran chuckles softly. "Well, that very much would depend on the ogres I think," he says. "I do not think that they will be very pleased by our presence, let alone if we are to attempt to relinquish them of the artifact."

"I mearly meant that I think just Bjera and I would have not fared well fighting all of them at once, which still may not be the best of ideas."

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-01-16, 06:14 PM
Bjera

"They can't all come at us at once, anyway." she says with a half-smile.

Yawielas
2007-01-16, 06:15 PM
"And the bigger they are, the harder they fall," Ely grins.

amanodel
2007-01-17, 08:42 AM
While planning your attack on the ogre forces, everyone finishes lunch, and gets ready to go.

The sun shiney brightly on your camp, halfway up to the mountain, but the cold mountain winds make the air rather cold. Getting ready to go, you look into the mountains and search for a path to follow. You find a way that will most probably avoid the snowy peaks, and from the distance, they don't seem too hard to walk.

Geech000
2007-01-17, 09:25 PM
Krahl is ready to leave, he's just waiting on someone to follow.

Santanya
2007-01-18, 03:47 AM
Kitaran

Kitaran frowns slightly at the peaks above, covered in snow. "Never cared for that white stuff," he says quietly as they walk along. "Give me the warm or hot." He smirks slightly, looking down into his jacket where the small impish creature was hiding, looking as if it was trying to suck all Kitaran's body heat from him to stay warm. "Encendar too," he says with a chuckle.

"We should be careful, I do not know how far out the ogre's patrol, or if they do..."

Yawielas
2007-01-18, 05:40 AM
Ely peeks at the little creature in Kitaran's pocket. "What is that, anyway?"

Truwar
2007-01-18, 09:48 AM
((Sorry about my absence. I have been trapped in my home by snow for the past two days with a PC that is on the fritz *shudders*))

Yeah what is that little feller, he looks like he can jist conjoor up fire whenever it pleses ‘im ta do so…

Butch looks speculatively at the little creature and at the tip of his cigar.

What does the little nipper eat?

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-01-18, 12:23 PM
Bjera

She laughs at Kitaran's comments. "This is a warm summer's day where I grew up, you realize."

Geech000
2007-01-18, 06:52 PM
Krahl

Krahl shrugs and speaks slowly, obviously thinking hard, "Today not warm, but not bad. Good day for running." Krahl thinks for a while before speaking again, "What is the plan? I have never fighted...an ogre."

Santanya
2007-01-19, 03:30 AM
Kitaran

Kitaran chuckles softly, looking down at the creature. "He's a mephit," Kitaran says with a slight smile. "I don't think he can create his own fire yet though," he says as he reaches in, scooping the small creature from his jacket. "He's quite young."

As Encendar spots Butch's cigar, the tiny Mephit tries to lunch forward towards it, only to be caught by Kitaran. "Be good," he says, chiding the mephit softly.

"Fire!" the mephit says to Kitaran, pointing excitedly at the cigar's tip.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-01-19, 12:30 PM
Bjera

"First we find them. Then we observe them. Then we fight once we know their numbers and defenses." she says to Krahl.

Truwar
2007-01-19, 12:35 PM
Butch eyes the little Mephit narrowly, it’s status changing from possible handy cigar lighter to possible consumer of said cigars lower his opinion of the creature considerably. At Bjera’s words, however, he nods approvingly.

Nice ta see ya got yerself a good head perched on top o’ that neck o’ yers. These Ogres are gonna be handful under the best o’ situations, so lets get as much infermation as on ‘em as we can. Meybe we can even jist steal it out from under their noses, Ogres are big but they aint exactly the sharpest lads on the corner, iffin ya take my meanin’.

Yawielas
2007-01-19, 04:08 PM
Ely nods satisfied. "And if there's any sneaking to be done, I'm your girl." She grins.

Jongluer
2007-01-19, 04:17 PM
Marcuus tramps along silently next to Krahl, then as talk of the ogres comes up Marcuus says, "A diversion would also be a good idea if there numbers are too large. A few of us could cause troubles and hold off a few, while Ely and Butch grab ahold of the artifact."

((I have some family matters to attend to, I will be hard up for posting in the coming week or so))

amanodel
2007-01-22, 07:08 AM
Packing your gear, you ready yourselves to leave the camp behind and go after the adventure in the unknown lands.

As you travel up the mountains, the weather gradually gets colder and colder, and the harsh winds freeze you further. Krahl, and especially Bjera, bein grown up in the North has no real problem with the colds, but Butch and Encendar, the little fire mephit is rather unused to such colds.

You can barely hear anything, thanks to the loud winds storming around you, but you notice some kind of bird voice, getting louder with the time.

Santanya
2007-01-22, 04:30 PM
Kitaran

Kitaran keeps his jacket pulled close against himself and Encendar, trying to keep the little figure, and himself as warm as he can. He frowns slightly, looking around, attempting to see the source of the bird's voice. "Hopefully we are not far," he says.

((
Spot: : 1d20+0 = [2] + 0 = 2 (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=307)
Encendar made the noise!
))

Geech000
2007-01-22, 06:04 PM
Krahl

Krahl plods along following whoever is in the lead. He doesn't really realize that other people are having trouble with the cold and the wind. He does keep his eyes open for a path that could take them out of the full force of the winds. His gut instinct and personal comfort tell him that it would be best not to stay out in this too long.

At hearing the bird call, Krahl looks around for a likely spot for it to be coming from. Although slightly surprised to hear a bird out in this weather, Krahl figures that it would be good eating if one of them could shoot it down. He fails to note the stupidity of trying to use a bow in a storm.

((Listen Check (1d20+3=20) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=838811)
Survival Check (1d20+3=18) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=838813)
Trying to think of what kind of bird it would be. I don't think I have the proper skill to tell a bird call made by a person from a bird call made by a bird.))

Yawielas
2007-01-23, 07:01 AM
Ely walks behind Butch, trying to keep out of the wind. She looks around for the source of the bird call, her suspiscious mind knowing full well that people sometimes use birdcalls as signals. Putting a hand on her dagger, she keeps going, but tries to stay alert and ready.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-01-23, 11:56 AM
Bjera

Bjera whistles an old Margran tune as she walks, unconcerned about any possible ambushes ahead. If they were destined for a fight, she didn't much point in avoiding it.

Truwar
2007-01-23, 04:38 PM
Cursing under his breath at the bitter cold and seeming to be trying to suck the warmth out of his cigar, Butch trudges through the biting wind, surreptitiously placing himself between Elysia and the harshness of the wind, despite his sulphurously colorful metaphors.

When he hears the bird-like call over the wind he eases onto the balls of his feet, still seeming at ease and continuing to curse but with all of his senses on edge.

amanodel
2007-01-24, 06:14 AM
You look around suspiciously, expect to find some bandits using bird call signals. For long moments nothing happens, and you don't even know where to look, the blizzard nearly blinds you sometimes.

Then, seemingly out from the thin air, you see a really huge bird approaching you diving, with it's claws ready to strike down.

The bird is a very ugly one, resembling to a vulture, but bigger and has considerably more, light gray, white and blueish feathers.

[Initiative time! I'll NPC Marcuus if Jongluer won't be around. And yes, I know that vultures have a slightly different viewpoint about being carnivores, but this is a dire giant glacier vulture, I made it up just for you :D ]

Yawielas
2007-01-24, 06:54 AM
(Help! Ely's sheet is gone! I think her init is +3 or +4...)

amanodel
2007-01-24, 07:12 AM
(So is Butch's... if it won't come back at the end of the day I'll look for it, I have them saved in my PC somewhere.)

Truwar
2007-01-24, 10:24 AM
((Butch has a +3 initiative and I bleieve Elysia has a +4, pretty sure she has at least an 18 dex. If the Buzzard comes withing reach of Butch he will attack it with his Drow Scimitar +6 att, d6+6 dmg, 18-20/x2 crit and his Drow Kukri +6 att, d4+3 dmg, 18-20/x2 crit. If it does not come withing reach he will only draw his scimitar and attack it two handed +8 att, d6+8 dmg ))

The two heavy, curved blades at Butch’s side spring into his deceptively quick hands as if by magic as he steps in front of Elysia, thus preventing the large Raptor from simply swooping in and flying of with the slender elf. Keeping his eyes on the creature but turning his head enough so Elysia can hear him over the blowing wind Butch addresses the blond elf.

Keep me between you and it, ‘til it lands. That things big enough ta grab hold o’ you and fly off. Even iffin ya stabbed yer way free ya might not like the first step, once that overgown buzzard lets ya go… Once it do land, get behind it and we’ll but that thing through the meat grinder.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-01-24, 10:59 AM
(Do you want to roll for us, Amanodel, or do you want us to? Bjera's init is +1.)

amanodel
2007-01-24, 11:22 AM
(You can roll if you want to, but if you post your modifiers I roll for you.)

Santanya
2007-01-24, 11:50 AM
Kitaran

"What the bloody hell is that?" Kitaran exclaims. He frees his hands from his sleeves and prepairs to cast a spell, flames swirling around his hands as he starts.

((
Initiative: 1d20+2 = [15] + 2 = 17 (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=317)
Casting: Lesser Orb of Fire
Ranged Touch: 1d20+5 = 24 (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=320)(25 if its within 30')
Damage: 2d8+0=[2, 5] + 0 = 7 (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=321)
))

Yawielas
2007-01-24, 01:50 PM
Ely nods grimly at Butch's words, realising the danger. She draws both her daggers and stands ready.

Jongluer
2007-01-24, 02:53 PM
"[color=Navy]By the light of Trithereon! What is that beast!" Marcuus says taking up a line position next to Krahl, he nods at the savage and then looks over at the others. He wonders how the two magic users will be in the fight and then draws forth his bastard sword and shield though he has no clue how good it will do, as he moves to strike at the beast.

((12+0=12 init. 12+7=19 to hit, 7+2=9 damage))

Geech000
2007-01-24, 10:42 PM
Krahl

Krahl stands up to his full height and brandishes his axe over his head with a roar of defiance.

((You're just too nice to us Amanodel, making custom monsters and everything.

Krahl
AC 14 (+3 armor, +1 dex)
HP 51
Initiative vs Giant Vulture (1d20+1=3) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=842165)
Action: None. It is out of my reach.))

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-01-25, 12:51 AM
Bjera

The dwarf readies her shield and spear, waiting for the creature to close to striking distance-- or land where she can reach it.

amanodel
2007-01-25, 07:12 AM
The giant bird dives down, choosing Butch as it's prey. The large claws reach out for the bugbear, the sharp claws cut and slice Butch chest as the bird tries to get a hold on him (9 damage). It tries to lift the bugbear of the ground, but luckily Butch manages to escape the bird's deadly claws. With Butch falling back to the ground, the bird flies away.

Ely tries to shhot an arrow at the vulture, but she couldn't even aim at the beast in such a blizzard.

Kitaran sends a glowing orb of heat towards the beast, which explodes on the creature, covering it with flames! The vulture screams in it's sharp voice which makes chilll rnning through your spine, but the angered beast is ready to attack again.

Bjera sees that the bird will be close to her soon, and avaits it with her spear. She thrusts strongly, but the her spear bounces off the hardened feathers of the beast.

Marcuus too rushes to Butch's aid, attacking the bird. Luckily the vulture is now close to the ground thanks to it's attack, so Marcuus can reach it with his bastard sword, drawing blood from the vulture's wing.

Butch recovers quickly from the attack, and pursues the beast and slashes a deep wound with his new scimitar at the creature's rear side.

The vulture, seeing that the bugbear is too heavy for it, changes target to the dwarf lady, and tries to pick her up. It grabs Bjera with one of it's claws (9 damage), and holds her tight. Bjera block the deadly beak of the beast, but it still manages to maintain the hold, and is ready to fly away!

Round 1
Ely (19)
Kitaran (17)
Bjera (12) (-9 hp)
Marcuus (12)
Butch (7) (-9 hp)
Glacier Vulture (5), holding Bjera, and ready to fly away. Currently it's on the grond with one feet.
Paused here
Krahl (3)

Truwar
2007-01-25, 11:19 AM
Cripes!

Cursing under his breath, Butch charges the thing again, calling out to the others as he does so.

Surround the thing! We need ta keep that buzzard from getting’ enough room take off.

((Butch will wait for someone else to attack the Vulture then charge into a flanking position and attack with his Scimitar Att: +10 Dmg: 1d6+8+1d6 Crit: 18-20/x2 ))

Santanya
2007-01-25, 11:40 AM
Kitaran

Kitaran frowns deeply as he looks at the bird. "I hope this works..." he says as he reaches around to the right side of his pack. He withdraws a fist sized ball of thin cloth, arches his arm back and lets it fly at the Vulture.

((
Taking a 5 foot step if needed to not be within the vulture's attack radius, then retrieving his tanglefoot bag from his pack as a move action, and finially flinging it at the vulture:

Ranged Touch Attack Roll: 1d20+4=16 (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=323)(17 if within 30')
))

Yawielas
2007-01-25, 02:05 PM
Ely dives at the vulture with her two daggers, stabbing with her right hand to keep the bird from flying off with their newest ally. ( stll can't access my sheet, so I don't know the mods, str is 10, I think.)

Geech000
2007-01-26, 01:41 AM
Krahl

With another bellowing roar, Krahl charges at the bird as it swoops in again.

((AC 12
HP 51

Action: Charging Power Attack (2) (1d20+10=12) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=844564)
Damage (1d12+11=15) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=844566)))

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-01-26, 10:10 AM
Bjera

Bjera attempts to stab the creature from within the bird's claws.
1d20+6=13, 1d6+2=7 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=844874)

amanodel
2007-01-28, 04:23 PM
Krahl attacks the giant vulture witha ferocious roar, but the bird evades the deadly axe somehow, and still keeps the dwarf priest in it's claws.

Elysia stabs the bird, but her tiny dagger seems to disappear between the feathers of the flying monster, altough she still manages to draw blood.

Kitaran throws the tanglefoot bag at the bird, and he hits! The slimy goo covers the vulture, whihc falls to the ground, still not letting Bjera go.

Marcuus charges at the mostly immobilized beast, and shops a deep wound on the bird with his bastard sword.

Butch is quick to follow Marcuus, the bugbear jumps on the flightless avian and sinks his scimitar deep into the bird's flesh.

Altough heavily wounded, the glacier vulture won't give up. It stetches it's giant wings, tearing the goo, and gets ready to fly up again. At it's claws, Bjera couldn't do anything

As the bird tried to take off, the sharp axe of Butch slashed it's belly open. With a last scream, the bird collapsed again, and as it's strenght quickly started to vanish, Bjera could escape it's claws. The giant vulture, lying at your feet, is about to die soon.

Geech000
2007-01-29, 10:20 AM
Krahl

Krahl runs over to the downed vulture and swings his ax at its head. Pulling his ax back out of the now dead bird, Krahl looks over at the others and gives his lopsided grin. "Big bird! Good food for days!"

((I'm assuming I can just coup-de-grace it.))

amanodel
2007-01-29, 11:26 AM
With another bite from Krahl's axe, the giant glacier vulture dies. Once again thre's nothing, but the roaring of the cold winds around you.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-01-29, 12:43 PM
Bjera

The cleric worms her way free of the beast's claws, a rather irritated expression on her face at her ineffectuality in the fight.

Santanya
2007-01-29, 02:04 PM
Kitaran

Kitaran steps towards Bjera. "You alright?" he says looking over here once, a slight frown on his face as he pulls his hands back inside the sleeves of his coat and wraps them around the lump of Encendar. "It may be wise to collect some of its meat if we're to be up in the mountains for long."

Yawielas
2007-01-29, 02:06 PM
Ely makes a face. "It's a vulture....It lives off long dead things. Do you really think it'll make decent food?"

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-01-29, 02:20 PM
Bjera

"Do I look long dead to you? If it came down to eating buzzard or starving, I'll take the former option. I doubt we'll need it, but I suppose it can't hurt to have some. I can always bless it if you're concerned. Odin will cleanse it for us."

Jongluer
2007-01-29, 08:47 PM
Marcuus nods, "She makes a good point, it's better to be prepared than not."

Truwar
2007-01-30, 09:46 AM
Butch eyes the massive vulture a bit queasily as the party begins discussing the merits of consuming it.

Yeah… Ye see, I’m on a strict “No Buzzard” diet... Ya ever et somthin’ that only ets meat? Aint the tastiest thing ya ever run across and jist because it went fer a bit o’ wigglin’ meat now and then don’t mean that thing don’t eat anything dead it might wander across.

Fer any o’ ya brave enough t aet that that buzzard, I’d make sure ya cook good ‘n black before ya go cramming’ it in yer craw…

Yawielas
2007-01-30, 10:16 AM
Ely reaches a hand up to touch Butch' chest carefully. "You're hurt...And Bjera as well, who else?" Ely looks at her companions, trying to see who's bleeding.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-01-30, 11:16 AM
Bjera

At the elf's words she looks down. "Oh. It's not bad. I've lived through worse." She looks Butch over first, praying to Odin to heal her ally's wounds.

(Dropping Magic Weapon for CLW: 1d8+4=10 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=850108) )

She then prays to Odin for her own injuries to be healed.

(Dropping Divine Favor for CLW: 1d8+4=12 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=850110) )

"Well, that's taken care of. Shall we butcher the beast or continue?"

Santanya
2007-01-30, 12:08 PM
Kitaran

Kitaran chuckles softly. "Lucky it went down quick," he says nodding respectfully to the others. "Don't think Bjera would have appriciated being its guest. Either way is fine, though I'm no good at butchering, not exactly my forte."

Geech000
2007-01-31, 05:54 AM
Krahl

Krahl looks over the massive bird again and takes a quick inventory of his equipment. Turning to his companions he says, "We need big knife and bag. One work, two better."

amanodel
2007-01-31, 09:33 AM
Luckily you're not in lack of big knives, and you underground hosts gave you some bedrolls and bags with the winter clothes they gave to you.

You could obtain some rations of the vulture's meat without any problem in one and a half hour, and Krahl, being happy to secure the tribe's food for days, happily puts the bag full of meat on his back.

Santanya
2007-01-31, 10:23 AM
Kitaran

Kitaran stays close to the others while Krahl butchers the buzzard. He keeps his arms wrapped around the lump under his jacket, trying to keep the cold out. He nods appriciatively to Krahl as the larger being shoulders the newly founds rations. "Lets go find somewhere warm... or somewhere to make warm," he says, a grin sliding across his face.

Geech000
2007-02-02, 09:48 AM
Krahl

Fully satisfied, Krahl is once again ready to head onwards.

amanodel
2007-02-02, 10:31 AM
Leaving the carcass of the glacier vulture behind, you continue your travels into the snowy mountains. Altough the temperature is rather cold, and the terrain is hard to walk, you are able to make a good journey. You have been travelling for some days when you finally spot the first green

OOC:
I'll be away for a time, but will try to check the boards once a day. Keep on chewing on the vulture meat on the meantime! :D

Santanya
2007-02-02, 11:02 AM
Kitaran

Kitaran smiles slightly, pointing out the green of vegitation. "About time we started seeing signs of life," he says. He shakes the torch in his hand, burning despite the daylight slightly. "That's enough for right now," he says as Ecendar grumbles at him and slowly releases from the burning tip. Kitaran extinguishes the torch in whatever snow he's able to find carrying it til it cools.

Yawielas
2007-02-05, 04:10 PM
Ely runs over to the green and flings herself down on the grass, laughing.

Truwar
2007-02-05, 04:55 PM
Still shivering somewhat from the frigid weather on his surprisingly lean frame, Butch looks about at the foliage and takes a deep puff from his thick cigar, sending out a geyser of bluish smoke from the side of his mouth.

I think I’m gonna get me a fire goin’… then I’m gonna jump inta it…

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-02-05, 06:01 PM
Bjera

"Looks like the vote is to take a break," Bjera says, amusement in her voice. "Let's not wait around too long, though."

Santanya
2007-02-05, 09:43 PM
Kitaran

Kitaran chuckles. "Encendar and you would have something in common then," he says, grinning at Butch. "I have no doubt that he'll be sitting in it as soon as you light it."

Truwar
2007-02-06, 10:26 AM
Heh, looks like yer little buddy has better taste in weather than that buzzard we tangled with then.

Quickly gather what dead wood he can, Butch soon has a cheery little fire going, big enough to warm those around it but not so big as to draw unwanted attention.

So, anyone got an idea on how far we got till we start runnin’ inta our ogrish friends?

Geech000
2007-02-06, 03:37 PM
Krahl

Krahl looks at Butch and blinks a few times. "We gots more friends here? Tribe betta find new friends fast or ogres get them. Tribes no like other tribes in territory." He says, shaking his head grimly.

Krahl doesn't sit down with the others yet, staying alert for more trouble. He looks around to get a general idea of the area they are in and how exposed they are.

((Are we at the top of a hill? At the edge of a forest? Any valleys or cliffs easily noticeable? How steep is the area we are on? Are we heading up the mountain, down it, or keeping about the same elevation?))

amanodel
2007-02-06, 04:43 PM
Huh, the last part of my previous post somehow vanished. I explained there the layout, but it seems it got lost somewhere.

You are at the feet of the large mountain range you just passed, still about a thousand meters above the seas' level. The vegetation of mostly pine forest reached upward on the mountain til this point. From now on you expect to travel slowly downwards for some time. The mouintains are rather plain, no cliffs or sudden elevation changes disturb the scenery.

You suspect to be somewhere at the frontiers of the mysterious Brennwan woods, near the barbaric Ahnswehlt kingdoms. From the legends you've heard, you are in the lands of wild nature magic, ferocious beasts, unpassable forests and shapechangers.

Butch gathers some branches quickly, and with the help of Kitaran, he makes a quick campfire to warm up. Your souls eases sitting around the warm fire, and watch the little fire mephit's form dance in the middle of the campfire.

Santanya
2007-02-07, 05:41 PM
Kitaran

Kitaran smiles, leaning back as he watches Encendar play in the flames. "Always envied that," he says nodding at the little creature. "Careful when he jumps out though," he says with a chuckle. "He's burnt me unintentionally a few times."

"Perhaps soon, depending on how they patrol, I believe." he responds to Butch, grinning slightly at Krahl. "I doubt they treat us well if they find us first. But, then that's all part of the game I suppose."

Geech000
2007-02-08, 04:29 AM
Krahl

Krahl sits down and looks at Kitaran, scratching his head in confusion. Game? What game? I thought we were trying to steal something from ogres, not playing a game. Krahl stays silent, lost in the murky depths of thought.

((Ok, we are just reaching the tree line. Understood.))

Yawielas
2007-02-08, 04:51 AM
Ely gets up again and starts digging through the packs for some food now that they have a nice fire going. "Who else is hungry?"

Truwar
2007-02-08, 09:41 AM
Huddling somewhat miserably near the fire Butch gives a smile and a nod at Elysia’s offer of food, then places his heavily scarred hands back over the fire, attempting to warm some feeling back into them.

So, what’ve we got fer a plan? Do we jist sashay in ta ogre town ‘n snatch the artifact or do we want ta’ arrange a diversion? By the by, does anyone have an idea as ta where the feller with this thing actually lives or are we gonna have ta go look ‘im up?

amanodel
2007-02-08, 10:21 AM
None of you can recall where the artifact might be, but an ogre warband shouldn't be too hard to find.

OOC:I'll be away all weekend, but will try to post at sunday evening.

Jongluer
2007-02-11, 05:58 PM
"I would think that a diversion would be a good idea, and then one or two of us go around trying to figure out where it is. All we really know is that the leader is most likely in control of it, so we just need to find the ogre in charge and we'll be able to find it most likely."

Geech000
2007-02-13, 08:21 AM
((Let's assume someone takes the time to explain what a dive-err-shun is to the stupid orc. It'll be faster this way.))

"Ok. You want I go chop down trees or charge the ogre camp?"

Santanya
2007-02-13, 11:01 AM
Kitaran

"Might be better to have most of us on the distraction," he says, "Even if I am hesitant to agree to splitting up our newfound group, someone sneaking about might have an easier time without the rest of us." He grins slightly. "Distractions I can help with though."

Yawielas
2007-02-13, 11:19 AM
"Me and Butch can do the sneakin' part. I'm not much good in a fight anyways, if the distraction comes to that."

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-02-13, 03:44 PM
Bjera

"Let's find them first. We can't make a good plan without knowing more about them.

amanodel
2007-02-15, 01:49 PM
OOC: Okay, I'm back, hopefully I won't be away for a while.

Truwar
2007-02-16, 11:16 AM
Butch nods in agreement with Bjera.

Sounds like the best way ta go about getting the job done. We could stand around n’ talk till we’re blue in the face, but that aint gonna get us an artifact. Let’s get a move on n’ see iffin we ken find these here ogre fellas.

Matching his words with actions, Butch gets to his feet and gathers his gear, aiding Elysia surreptitiously as well.

Santanya
2007-02-16, 12:25 PM
Kitaran

Kitaran nods, standing and stretching once before gathering his gear up. He whistles to the fire, bringing Encendar out of it and bounding towards him. "No, you walk till you cool down," he says, chuckling at the tiny mephit who gives him a sour look and falls in beside him, "Cold," it says, grumbling at having to come out of the fire.

amanodel
2007-02-19, 06:56 AM
Continuing your journey in the forest, you quickly forget about the harshness of the mountain travels. The weather is a bit cold despite it's late spring, which makes Butch to say some bitter remarks every now and then.

You've been travelling for days without any sign of civilisation, but luckily Krahl somehow always managed to hunt something to eat, and the forest provides you drinkable, cool water from it's fast-running streams.

Finally you come across a road, which will probably lead to some sort of civilisation. It's around late afternoon when Elysia spots smoke emerging in the distance, most probably from chimneys.

(For Ely: As you recall the mighty encounter with Tubby, the highwayman ogre, you don't think that they are capable of building a house. Or setting up a tent.)

Yawielas
2007-02-19, 07:02 AM
Ely points out the smoke to the others. "Look! Civilisation, of sorts. Do you think ogres live in houses?"

Santanya
2007-02-19, 12:39 PM
Kitaran

Kitaran looks the direction she points. "Well, depends on your definition of 'house' I suppose," he says, squinting. "Might be worth checking out, they would probably be able to give us better information if nothing else," he says smiling slightly sheepishly. "All mine came through bards and people, nothing exactly first hand."

Jongluer
2007-02-19, 06:17 PM
Marcuus shrugs, "I don't like this, either these are very well organized ogres, or these people are in danger. We should take a more circular route in, just in case."

Truwar
2007-02-20, 10:14 AM
Butch drops the stub of his cigar to the ground and grinds it out as he peers at the streamers of smoke coming up.

Hmmm, ya sure that’s where the ogres are hangin’ their hats? I mean, the one ogre we met was a few pegs shy o’ a full ladder, iffin ya take my meanin’. Maybe he was jist extra-dumb but he lined up pretty much with what I heard about ogres gowin’ up…

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-02-20, 01:43 PM
Bjera

"Only one way to find out." Bjera starts walking in the direction of the smoke.

Geech000
2007-02-20, 02:10 PM
Krahl

Krahl seems confused by the conversation, as usual. "Why ogre tribe not build huts? Ladder hard, hut easy. Krahl build hut." Well, I helped build one once. They said holding those poles would help. Don't know why, they never actually used them...

Krahl waits for the rest of the group to decide on a direction and follows them.

Jongluer
2007-02-20, 10:14 PM
Marcuus nods, and pats Krahl's shoulder, "A fair point Krahl. While ogres might on average be unable to form up a tight camp, they do have a strong leader in this scenario. I am just saying that we should stay cautious, that's all." He looks on and begins heading towards the village, though his eyes are darting about as he goes.

Truwar
2007-02-21, 09:47 AM
Butch looks at the smoke of the approaching settlement consideringly.

Hows about Ely n’ me hold back while the rest o’ you head closer ta town, ya might be able ta talk ‘em inta a diversion n’ this way we can take advantage o’ ‘em iffin they’re willin’ ta talk but unwillin’ ta part with the artifact.

Yawielas
2007-02-21, 04:44 PM
Ely nods. "Or we could scout on ahead, see who they are..."

Geech000
2007-02-22, 02:44 PM
Krahl grins and hefts his ax, forgetting that he probably can't take on an entire tribe of ogres. "If thems be ogre tribe, them not gonna like us tribe be-ing here. Big fight make for big dive-err-whats-a-thingy."

amanodel
2007-02-22, 06:19 PM
Moving towards the settlement, the tracks become clearer with every step. First you see tracks of carriage wheels, then you can identify footprints as mostly human ones, altough there some large, canine footprints as well.

Finally, after reaching the top of a small hill, you spot the village itself. It's clear that civilised folk inhabits it, and the little village is rather well-kept in the inside. At the outside, a system of strong wooden planks serve as the defense of the settlement.

Geech000
2007-02-23, 07:59 AM
Krahl sighs and mutters something in Feher about the silly city dwellers thinking a few wood planks can keep them safe. It probably wouldn't be a good idea to tell the city dwellers that their town looks like it would be good to loot. I wonder if my new tribe goes raiding. How are we going to get food and stuff if we don't go raiding?

Santanya
2007-02-23, 11:49 AM
Kitaran

Kitaran smiles as they top the hill. "I thought the smoke looked too non-bonfirery for ogres," he says. He loosens his jacket as he looks down to Encendar. "In you go," he says to the mephit, who gives a sour face, but takes the offered hand to be scooped inside his jacket. "Don't give me that, you know how people respond to you," Kitaran says.

"Stupid people," the small impish figure says as it scrunches down inside the jacket.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-02-23, 12:30 PM
Bjera

"Well, if nothing else perhaps we can sleep on actual beds tonight. But they may know something about where the ogres live." Unless someone objects, she sets down the road towards the town.

amanodel
2007-02-26, 10:51 AM
Closing on the village, you see that the people spot you as well, and several armed men are wait for your arrival at the gates. They are dressed in crude mail and scale armors and carry bows, halberds, axes, spears and swords. They don't look like an organised army, more like an independent town defense. They are not posing threateningly, and await your arrival.

One of them, an elder man, seeing that you are most probably outsiders, asks you in bad Seton. "What brings you to Geerdanghoel?"

Santanya
2007-02-26, 04:57 PM
Kitaran

Giving a friendly smile, Kitaran waves to the men at the gate. "Greetings to you," he says as he nods respectfully to the elder man. "We're mainly just traveling through, hopping that we could find a bed for the night, and perhaps a little info of the surrounding lands."

Geech000
2007-02-27, 01:20 PM
Seeing that the guards are not hostile yet, Krahl shoulders his ax. He does his best to count the guards without appearing obvious. He considers his their manner and general equipment. After several minutes of thinking he arrives at the same conclusion he reached earlier: The towns defenses are no-where near adequite to stop a determined Feherian raiding group, it is a perfect target for a raid.

Of course, Krahl fails to consider that he is not currently part of a determined Feherian raiding group.

Yawielas
2007-02-28, 04:37 AM
Ely leaves the talking to the diplomatic folk, looking to Marcuus to see if he'll speak up.

Jongluer
2007-02-28, 09:46 PM
Marcuus looks over the men and sighs, thinking: these people might very well be destroyed if the ogres decide to. He then steps forward, "Good day gentlemen, we are a group of travelling adventures looking for a bed tonight. In addition, I would like to speak with your town's leadership about the area and any important information you might have about a supposed threat in the region." Marcuus hopes that he can convey their peaceful and helpful nature.

((Diplomacy +12))

amanodel
2007-03-01, 01:59 PM
Remaining cautious, the elder man listens to Kitaran and Marcuus.

Well, we welcome friendly travelers. You can stay in Trixia's tovarn just down the road as long as your coins last, but stay your weapons down. We don't trust strangers easily. If you wish to speak with our wise men, you'll have to wait until night.

He motions towards the mentioned tavern, which is only a little bit larger than the riset of the houses and shacks. The nearby villagers starer at you from a distance, keeping themselves away from you.

Yawielas
2007-03-06, 05:24 PM
Ely gives the men a winsome smile. "Oh, we're friendly. Thank you for the directions. Where can we find these wise men?"

amanodel
2007-03-06, 06:08 PM
The wise men gather at nigh in cave of wisdom in the far side of our village. Bring them some gift to prove your friendship if you wish to speak with them.

Seeing that you're clearly not hostile, the guard leaves you.

As you go towards the tavern, you get to take a look at the townsfolk. Most of them are humans with red or brown hair. They are tall and muscular, and most of them carry som weapons or tools of their trade. There are several gnomes and orcs around, dressed similarry as the humans and you can see several halfbreeds in mostly same outfits. It seems that there are no intense racial prejudices like the ones you confronted in the former Empire.