PDA

View Full Version : Setonian Empire [the search]

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

Truwar
2007-03-07, 09:38 AM
Noticing the apparent egalitarian nature of the town, Butch stops trying to be as unobtrusive as possible and lights one of his cigars.

Whelp, I think we should probably get ourselves a room before we go harin’ up ta see these Elders. Probably make a better impression iffin we aint covered by road grime n’ buzzard guts. Besides, maybe we kin learn a bit more about these fellers before we go blunderin’ in and makin’ sort o’ offence to ‘em.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-03-07, 10:29 AM
Bjera

"I can agree with that."

Yawielas
2007-03-07, 10:35 AM
"Am I the whelp? In that case, I could do with a bath and a meal before the evening falls." Ely grins at Butch, then pulls out the amulet again, studying it. "Perhaps these wise men can tell me what this means."

Truwar
2007-03-07, 11:32 AM
Butch grunts sourly at the sight of the amulet given to Elysia by the amorous drow captain.

Fah, the whlp was that slick little feller that gave ya that trinket. Probably cursed ‘er sumthin’. I’d sell that thing as soon as ya could or maybe throw it in a ditch…

Realizing how ridiculous the last statement was, even to him, Butch suddenly cuts off and grumbles quietly to himself, puffing deeply on his cigar.

Yawielas
2007-03-07, 11:37 AM
Ely looks surprised at Butch, and tucks the amulet back under her shirt.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-03-07, 11:55 AM
Bjera

The dwarf looks moderately interested. "May I see it?" she asks Ely, indicating the amulet she'd just tucked away.

Yawielas
2007-03-07, 11:56 AM
"Sure." Ely fishes out the amulet again and shows it to Bjera. "A drow officer gave it to me."

Santanya
2007-03-07, 12:09 PM
Kitaran

Kitaran looks over at the amulet that Ely fishes out with interest. "If I was the type of mage to learn how to learn such a thing," he says, "I'd be able to tell you if and what it did." He grins slightly then pauses a moment as they walk, muttering something to himself as he closes his eyes. He jogs forward again to them, then peers at the amulet, concentrating on it as they walk.

((
Casting Detect Magic and concentraiting on the amulet.
Spellcraft: 1d20+2 = [1] + 2 = 3 (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=545)
He knows nothink! NOTHINK!
))

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-03-07, 12:41 PM
Bjera

The dwarf inspects the amulet with interest, casting Detect Magic on it in the process.

amanodel
2007-03-07, 01:04 PM
Both Kitaran and Bjera can feel that the black amulet glows with a faint abjuration. It feels like a protective magic of some sort.

Geech000
2007-03-08, 09:05 AM
Krahl

Krahl keeps close to the others, his ax over one shoulder. He didn't understand everything the gate guard was saying, but he hoped he didn't look threatening. They may be weak town folk, but the tribe needs to deal with them so there is no need to go getting them riled up.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-03-08, 11:30 AM
Bjera

"I wouldn't take that off if I were you. It has some sort of protective magic bestowed on it."

Yawielas
2007-03-08, 12:20 PM
Ely smiles and tucks it back under her clothes. "Great! That was nice of him."

Santanya
2007-03-09, 01:04 PM
Kitaran

"So, think the elders will be able to point us in the right direction?" Kitaran asks. "Hopefully they can, or at least why the towns on such defense," he says glancing back. "They seem kind of light for Ogres."

amanodel
2007-03-10, 10:25 AM
You enter Trixia's tavern. It's a nice, relatively clean hose, with a large room where the locals drink and play some kind of a table game, involving various small bones.

The innkeeper, Trixia, is a red-haired thin woman, around his late fourtys. Seeing that you are outsiders, she greets you in very bad Seton language, and quickly gets a mug of vine to each of you.

Me greets travelers, me can help travelers need what in?

Altough she speaks quite badly, you'll have no hard time understanding her, as she gestures with her hands to counter her lack of knowledge of Seton.

(Ooops, I forgot about the spellcraft check about identifying the aura. My bad, I seldom play casters.)

Jongluer
2007-03-13, 08:52 PM
Marcuus smiles as he takes the wine and drinks it, "This is a very quaint town. I can't wait to speak with these elders."

Yawielas
2007-03-14, 05:14 AM
Ely sits down on a bench near the fireplace. "We should get a room, or maybe two."

Truwar
2007-03-14, 09:35 AM
Butch sits down next to Elysia, sighing in pleasure as he places his frozen feet next to the fire.

So, what do you folks have ta wet a feller’s gullet around here?

amanodel
2007-03-14, 02:30 PM
The barmaid looks at the bugbear with curiosity, it seems that Butch's slang was just too hard for her to understand.

The inn is mostly empty, on a few men are in. One of them, an old, scarred man listens to you with great interest, altough he does not adresses you.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-03-14, 03:06 PM
Bjera

Not having had much to contribute to the conversation, she's remained silent. She does reply to the barmaid, having picked up on Butch's colorful metaphors during the journey. "He's asking about drink. I'd like something too."

Santanya
2007-03-14, 03:06 PM
Kitaran

Kitaran chuckles softly at the barmaid's bemused look. "Drinks for us please," he says with a smile to the woman. "And it would seem we will need rooms as well." He smiles, accepting the vine with a nod, setting it to the side as a slight struggle occurred in his jacket. He smiles until the woman leaves, then looks down, "Ok, but be quiet, ok?" he says, peering into the jacket a moment before opening it, letting Encendar out, who dashes to the fire and languishes within the flames. "Thank you!" calls out the mephit to him as it sways with the flames.

amanodel
2007-03-14, 08:38 PM
The barmaid thanks the dwarf woman for the "translation", and quickly returns with some vine. She also sends a young girl upstairs, most probably to prepare rooms for you.

Encendar quickly jumps into the fire, and hopefully the tiny mephit is hard to spot in the dancing flames.

Jongluer
2007-03-16, 07:41 PM
Marcuus noticing the older gentlemen, approaches him and says, "Greetings sir, do you speak Setonian?"

amanodel
2007-03-17, 09:56 AM
The old man, looks up at Marcuus, and coughs before beginning to speak.

Well met. I speak the language of the empire. In my days I was a soldier fighting in the Hard Coast wars. You look like a fighting folks, most of you. Mind if I ask what are you looking for here in the Brennwans?

Meanwhhile the barmaid returns with drinks for all of you, and motions, trying to ask if you want something to eat as well.

(Note: The Hardcoast war was a long fight, between the local hardcoasters, the empire, some feherlooh war bands and some brenwanian militias.)

Yawielas
2007-03-17, 10:59 AM
Ely smiles at the barmaid. "I could do with something to eat, bread, meat, cheese, whatever you have."

Geech000
2007-03-17, 08:00 PM
Krahl

Krahl has pretty much decided that the villagers are harmless and has begun to ignore them. Having sat down with the rest of his 'tribe', Krahl sets his great axe down on the floor next to him and looks around with his lopsided grin.

When the barmaid asks if the group would like something to eat, Krahl nods his head and says in Seton, "Yes. Food good." Krahl remembers his own difficulty learning the odd Seton language and uses appropriate gestures to make sure his message is clear.

Truwar
2007-03-19, 09:22 AM
Butch also nods in affirmation when the waitress asks about food and sips, a bit experimentally at his drink.

I could use a bit o’ somethin’ ta eat too.

Santanya
2007-03-19, 09:33 AM
Kitaran

Kitaran nods as the others try to convey their wish for food. "Please," he says quietly, then turns curiously to try to listen to the conversation between Marcuus and the older gentleman.

Jongluer
2007-03-19, 06:53 PM
"Interesting, it's been a long time since I heard mention of the Hard Coast wars. But you are correct we are capable of battle, for the most part we are here investigating tales of an ogre tribe. We mean to speak with the Elders about it." Marcuus says with a smile.

Yawielas
2007-03-19, 06:58 PM
Ely rests her head against Butch' arm, getting drowsy in front of the fire.

amanodel
2007-03-20, 10:38 AM
While, the barmaid bring you some food, the veteran soldier explains Marcuus the current situation.

You're looking from them ogres? They are living in the mountains of the south mostly. Most of the times they only come down from the mountains as individuals, but a proper unit of ten soldiers can take one down without serious casulties. Sometimes they group together and assault villages. Now that's bad. We haven't heard from the orges for some years now. There weren't even any lone wolves coming to attack us. Some suspect that they are grouping together again...

While the old man talks about the ogres, your dinner is ready. Rabbit stew with carrot and onion, and a slice of bread.

Truwar
2007-03-21, 12:15 PM
As Elysia’s head rests against Butch’s arm, he seems at first a bit surprised. Then his lips quirk into a self deprecating, almost regretful, smile and he eats his meal appearing a bit more relaxed than he did before.

Jongluer
2007-03-22, 03:31 PM
Marcuus rubs his chin and says, "Now that's very interesting, but much more disturbing. I am afraid I am going to have to bow out at the moment as my food has arrived." Marcuus returns to the group and explains the situation, which seems to merely reinforce what they already knew.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-03-22, 04:02 PM
Bjera

"You should ask if he knows where any of their encampments are, more exactly."

Geech000
2007-03-24, 12:29 AM
Krahl munches away at his food contentedly. He wonders when he is going to get to meet an ogre, but says nothing.

amanodel
2007-03-27, 05:22 AM
After finishing the conversation with Marcuus, the old man goes back to his drink, but he tells you that the location of the ogre camp is known, and while you eat your lunch, he draws a quick map on the table with a piece of chalk. He shows the spots where the ogres were seen last.

The meal was tasty and plentiful, and you feel rested and well fed, unlike in your journey through the mountains.

If you don't want anything in particular to do the rest of the day, then it will pass quickly and night will fall down soon. In the village, people gather wood to form a bonfire in the center of the town.

Santanya
2007-03-27, 11:04 AM
Kitaran

Kitaran listens intently to the old man, watching him make the map. He quickly rummages into his pack and produces an inkpen and two bottles of ink and does his best to reproduce the map on the page. He tilts his head, blowing on the parchment for a moment, and holds up something that looks like a duck.

((Profession(Cartographer): 1d20 = 7 (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=749)))

Yawielas
2007-03-27, 03:33 PM
Ely spends the afternoon resting after the meal, then heads out into the village square to watch the bonfire.

Geech000
2007-03-29, 04:38 PM
Krahl spends of the day with the largest group of his companions. When the villagers start gathering firewood Krahl goes out to watch what they are doing. He stands by the side with his axe and watches what they are doing. He idly wonders if they are going to drag someone up in a cage. Village folk are odd like that.

When they don't, he sits down to relax and enjoy the fire. After a couple hours, if nothing interesting has happened, he will head back to the inn and go to sleep.

amanodel
2007-03-29, 04:46 PM
Luckily the reproducing of the map didn't require the skilled hands of a trained cartographer, so even Kitaran's sketch reproduced the old man's "map" well enough.

When the night falls, the vilalgers light the firewood, and the bonfire shines in a deep red glow, enlighting the center square of the small village. The people gather slowly, all of them dressed in a similar, somewhat "formal" dress, made out of pine tree branches, deer antlers and wolfskin. Some of the people are only wearing a skirt, mainly young girls and boys of all races. They dance around the fire, while a small group plays some instruments, pipes and drums.

It must be a strange, exotic tribal ceremony of some sorts, from what you heard about the northern people. Then you notice some men, who are wearing a wolves' head as a mask on their face. Later you spot that they are wearing wolf skin all over their body. It takes you some time until you realize that those are not masked people, but real wolfmen. They are standing alone, not participating in the dance around the fire. They look rather serious, altough it's hard to understand their facial expressions. They are dressed in loose leather armor, and they carry spears decorated with fangs and teeth of various beasts.

Geech000
2007-03-31, 11:14 PM
Krahl watches the celebration, tapping his foot to the rhythm of the music. When Krahl realizes that some of the people are real wolfmen, he is surprised, but doesn't do anything immediately. Instead he just watches, paying particular attention to the wolfmen.

Yawielas
2007-04-01, 07:39 AM
Ely watches the youths dancing around topless, and puts her arms around herself almost protectively. Noticing the wolfmen, she looks at them curiously, hoping they don't consider small elves a nummy treat.

Santanya
2007-04-01, 09:14 PM
Kitaran

Kitaran follows the others out and watches, keeping towards the outer edges of people. He watches the bonfire and dancers curiously, only noticing the wolf men later, but being fascinated with them, he slowly makes his way closer, listening for any activity near them, or anything they say. As time progresses, he looks back to the others, then begins to approach closer out of curiosity, but watches for anything he takes as a hostile or negative reactions to himself.

((Sense Motive: 1d20+0 = 17 (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=798)))

Truwar
2007-04-02, 08:30 AM
Butch stands behind Ely his thick, heavily scarred forearms crossed in what appears to be a casual pose but his fingers rest on the hilts of the daggers he has strapped on the insides of his arms. As the ceremony goes on, Butch becomes a bit more uneasy. The cigar in his lips burns unnoticed as he surreptitiously keeps an eye on the Wolfmen, wondering why they were not taking part in things.

Jongluer
2007-04-02, 01:22 PM
Marcuus watched on, smiling at the peaceful and joyous festivities. He takes note of the wolfmen, but seems to not pay them much attention, after all while he does have a smile on his face he is not joining in either.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-04-02, 01:27 PM
Bjera

Bjera watches the festivities in silence, comparing them to the rites of her own people.

amanodel
2007-04-02, 03:05 PM
Bjera founds the rituals different from the rituals of her people in Marganstorm. These "rites" are more wild, untamed, but the two cultures share some traits, like heavy drinking. This event seemingly lacks religious elements, only focused on the drinking and dancing. The only thing that can be connected to religion, is that a caouple old men sit near the fire, and toss various powders in it, which makes the fire light in different colours for some seconds.

A few local boys tried to bring Ely to the dance, but when they saw Butch's dry grin, they all backed off.

Kitaran studies the wolfmen from a close distance. The wolfmen see that they are being observed, but it seems that they got used to it in the human village. They carry a large bag, and waiting for something, growing impatient with time, speaking amongst themselves in their own language. It is similar to the local's language, with wolf-like sounds added to it.

The dance gets wilder and wilder, while the music becomes louder. Suddenly it all stops, and every one stares at twelve old men, standing near a hut. These must be the town elders. The silence only stops for hlaf a minute, and when all the elders disappear in the large hut, the festival continues. Some locals go over to the hut, as is waiting for an audience of some sort. The wolfmen, who were standing quietly until now, are also moving towards the hut.

Yawielas
2007-04-02, 03:25 PM
Ely wisely lets the booze be this time, but when the action seems to take place by the hut, she moves closer, curious.

Jongluer
2007-04-04, 02:23 PM
"I believe if those are the elders we should take our place in line for an audience." He then moves to stand in the line.

Santanya
2007-04-04, 02:55 PM
Kitaran

Kitaran nods and follow, still holding Encendar in place within his jacket. He stands slightly behind Marccus, watching the wolfmen curiously. If any look his way, he nods slightly and says 'Greetings,' to them.

To Marccus, "Hopefully there's additional info to be found, we have a good idea on their location at least," he says with a slight smile.

Geech000
2007-04-05, 06:05 PM
Krahl enjoys himself at the party. He doesn't concern himself with whatever the old fogies are doing. If he is supposed to do something, he knows that someone will come and tell him.

amanodel
2007-04-06, 11:53 AM
All kind of people are waiting for the elders, most of them are arguing over something, and they hope the elders will make justice.

Marcuus and Kitaran wait in the line for nearly half an hour before they get into the hut. The elders are sitting around a table full of various bones, which looks like a furtune tellers tool of trade.

When they hear that you are after the ogres in the area, one of them tells you to wait, for there will be a military appointment after the public event.

Some time passes again, and every one of you who wishes, can join the meeting. You see the soildeir who greeted you in the gate, you guess he has some role in the local "army". The wolfmen, who were waiting impatiently but silently until now come in. You also notice some men who wear different colours, they are most probably from another village.

When everyone's present, a tall, whitefurred wolfman steps out, and growling he yells: "Ogres!"

The elders and the men from the nother village nod, it seems that everyone here worries about the ogres gathering in the mountains.

Geech000
2007-04-09, 10:27 AM
Krahl will not be getting involved unless something unusual happens or the group with the elders gets noticeably louder then the rest of the party.

Santanya
2007-04-09, 10:37 AM
Kitaran

Kitaran joins the meeting, staying alongside the others of the group, listening intently. He glances towards Marccus, raising an eyebrow slightly. He leans closer. "At least we know that whatever we do, it seems that it would be supported by the locals." He then listens to what he can make out from the other participants in the meeting, trying to glean what he can of their feelings and attitudes towards the ogres, and what the ogres have been up to in the area.

Jongluer
2007-04-11, 08:46 PM
"Aye true, I think we best try to rally some support from these men." Marcuus says as he stands and looks over the assembled people, "Hello everyone. I represent a group of adventurers who are also bothered by the ogres assembling in the mountains. Seeing your sentiments here, I would like to offer our assistance to you and your militias."

amanodel
2007-04-15, 08:36 AM
The participants of the meeting acknowledge your purpose, and after some formal questions, you get involved in the discussion.

The locals and the wolfmen are talking in Brennwan language, but a young soldier is assigned to help you with translating everything.

You learn that the ogres started gathering in very large numbers around a year before, but they still haven't acted, and wait for something to happen in their mountain caves. They only come down from the mountains as desertours, or in little bands to gather food for their encampment. The problem is that ogre food consists only of meat, and they show a particular taste for human flesh. Many smaller villages and forest cottages were pillaged and razed in the vicinity of ogres' supposed camping site in a more than 20 miles radius.

It seems that the ogres are up to something, and the elders believe it would be a grand war campaign. Even lone, weak ogres are hard to defeat, but a strong warband of more than a hundred ogres would be unstoppable.

The wolfmen suggest a "pre-emptive" attack on the ogres, but the human leaders from both villages seem to hestitate, not willing to sends some of their men into certain doom.

Again, sorry for not posting for a while, I'm really trying to get back my life into it's normal flow.

Truwar
2007-04-16, 09:30 AM
Grunting sourly at the grim news coming from the council elders, Butch leans in close to Elysia’s ear and whispers as quietly as possible, unsure of the keenness of the wolfmen’s hearing.

Well, this don’t exactly sound like the most ideal o’ situations, iffin’ ya take my meanin’. We better start workin’ on a plan of what ta do, jist in case things here get a bit too hot fer our likin’…

Yawielas
2007-04-16, 09:48 AM
Ely nods almost imperceptibly, and waves Butch aside. "You mean we should work on a distraction, then slip in unseen? I must say I like that idea better than an open charge against a horde of ogres. I'm a little small to take even a young one on..."

Truwar
2007-04-19, 08:57 AM
Butch whispers back to the slight elf.

Well, that might do the trick fer getting’ the arteefact, but we might need ta do a bit o’ confusion ta them ogres, unless we want ta try ta make it down off a mountain overrun by the great stinkin' things. I don’t much like it but we may have ta stick our necks out a bit fer these folks, ta save our own bacon…

Yawielas
2007-04-19, 09:39 AM
Ely nods. "What do you have in mind? Or should we cook up something between the two of us?"

amanodel
2007-04-21, 07:44 AM
With Ely and Butch discussing the tactics of their point of view, the elders finish the meeting. The military leaders of both human villages and the wolfmen agreed to launch a scout unit to locate the ogres camping grounds, and measure their numbers. Meanwhile the villages should gather all men, and prepare for an attack.

You've been asked to join the scouting group if you want to.

When you get out of the tent, it's already around three in the dawn. The townsfolf went to sleep, only the remaints of the bonfire remembers you the night festival. You head back to the tavern, and have a good sleep.

When the sun rises next morning, you have a quaick breakfast, and join the forming scouting party. Aside from you, it consists of a dozen of soldiers of both villages. They are mostly humans and orcs with a few goblins and gnomes, altough some hobgoblin and another bugbear is in their rows. There are also the whole wolfmen squad (10 wolfmen), led by the white-furred one. The wolfmen and the humanoids keep a distance between themselves, as if not trusting the other completely. All greet you shortly when you arrive.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-04-21, 10:31 AM
Bjera

The dwarf woman, not much for social activities, went to bed early. She rose before the dawn, praying in solitude to Odin for his blessings on the days. When she joins the group she says, "We're burning daylight. What are we waiting for?"

Geech000
2007-04-23, 05:52 PM
Krahl stands near the non-wolfmen scouts with his axe. As interesting as the wolfmen are, they are odd enough that Krahl doesn't want to disturb them.

Krahl nods enthusiastically. "Yes! We go now!" Krahl looks around for a moment then leans towards whoever is next to him and not very quietly asks, "Ummm...Where we go? Kill ogres now?" So other tribes are joining us now? We are probably going to be attacking the ogres. I hope ogre villages have good loot, otherwise I'll slaughter every last one of them.I wonder just how big an ogre is...

((As usual, italics are internal thoughts. Bold italics are thoughts with a different tone.))

Jongluer
2007-04-26, 07:30 PM
Marcuus shoulders his shield and pulls out his bastard sword. He tightens up his cloak and says, "Bjera is right, if you are all prepared, let us move out."

((I'll be away for this upcoming weekend))

Santanya
2007-04-27, 10:19 AM
Kitaran

Kitaran emerges in the morning, yawning still and blinking the sun out of his eyes. Encendar is asleep, hidden under the man's jacket still. "Morning," he says tiredly, then stretches. "Ready when you all all," he says, smiling slightly to Bjera's eagerness to get moving.

amanodel
2007-05-02, 11:49 AM
Fastforwarding to action:

Shortly after you joined the scouting party, you're ready to go. The wolfmen ammongst your lines makes excellent scouts, and you don't encounter a living thing in your way to the hills where the ogre camp is said to be.

There are very few words, everyone feels the seriousness of the task. One little failure, and you have to face dozens of ogres.

The sun begins to settle down as you hear excited howlings from some wolfmen scout who were ahead you all the times. As you get up to a smaller hill to them, you can see what the wolfmes became excited about. You see campfires on the top of a rocky plateau. Thre are huge firgures moving around, and when the wind blows from that direction you can hear screams and shouts echoing from there.

The scouting party decides that you should go right now, and thatn you'd get to the camp just after night falls, so you can stay in the darkness.

You close on the encampment without troubles, the ogres didn't bother with sentinels for obvious reasons. That'd be suicide to attack them at their camp. You can remain hidden, thanks to the rocky terrain, but you can only make the last part of the way crawling. Finally, you reach a larger stone, the last object that gives you cover. The ogres are only a few hundred feet away.

Yawielas
2007-05-02, 11:53 AM
Ely whispers at Butch. "We should find out if this is the main camp, and if they got the artifact..."

Santanya
2007-05-02, 03:02 PM
Kitaran

As they catch sight of the camp, Kitaran pauses, uttering a few words and reaching down to tug on his belt once. Nothing apparently happens, but he smiles none the less. He pats his jacket once and Encendar crawls out, perching on his shoulder as they get closer. "So, what's the plan?" he whispers, looking over the ogre's camp, especially for anything flamable in nature.

((
Casting Mage Armor: 4 hour duration, AC: 16
Spot: 1D20 = 10 (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=959)
))

Geech000
2007-05-02, 08:01 PM
Krahl crawls behind the others while trying to look around. Ogres are bigger than I thought. There is no way I could take on that many of them. "Krahl no think tribe win ogre fight. Maybe if tribe kill ogre tribe chief, ogre tribe make us chief. Krahl tribe crush town man if try that, but maybe ogres stupid."

((Spot: -2
Listen: +3
Hide and Move Silently: +1))

Truwar
2007-05-03, 08:42 AM
Butch rubs out his cigar, not wanting to provide even a minute chance for an ogre to spot him. Clinically surveying the camp below he begins mentally mapping the safest route towards the center.

Ok, I’m thinkin’ we aint gonna wanna fight all these fellers all stand-up like, on accounta them bein’ twice as big as me n’ Krahl. So this is what I got in mind, let me know iffin’ ya got any idea’s o’ yer own ta add.

Dropping smoothly into a crouch, Butch beings to draw a rough sketch of the camp in the dirt.

I’m figurin’ me n’ Ely are the sneakiest o’ this lot. Maybe some o’ them wolfy fellers too. We’re probably the only ones the kin get ta the middle o’ that camp. My bet is that these ogres ‘re only held tagether by whatever bruiser managed ta convince ‘em they could do better as a choir than as a pack o’ solo acts. I figure iffin we put the dead on the conductor, so ta speak, these fellers won’t be makin’ such coo-operative music together no more, iffin’ya take my meanin’.

Now, sneakin’ in aint gonna be no sure thing, so I am thinkin’ we even the odds up a bit with a good ole’ distraction. That’s where the rest o’ you come in, you try ta draw as much attention to yerselves as possible, then when their all chasin’ you or at least lookin’ atchya, us sneaks slip in all quite like and put the big bossman down fer an nice long dirt nap.

So, what do ya think?

amanodel
2007-05-04, 06:16 AM
When you spy out from your cover, you can see the encampment well. Some of the ogres are lying on the ground, or even sleeping deeply with heavy snoreing.

The place looks like a giant junkyard. There are several half-eaten carcasses in the encampment, you can see animal and humanoid remains, gnawed upon by the ogres. There are some campfires, randomly placed in the area, and the ogres use them mainly to roast their meal. There are some branches as well, to feed the fire. A very few, primitive tents are in the centre of the camp, the leader is likely to be found there. There are also tanned skins, hung from poles. The most disturbing ones are human skins, tanned as if it were animal. The stench in nearly unbearable, but the ogres seem quite happy with it.

You can see some primitive weapons around, mostly large tree branches to be used as a club, sometimes imbued with some metal they took from human victims.

Santanya
2007-05-04, 10:07 AM
Kitaran

Kitaran eyes the camp, nodding slightly. "Sounds good to me," he says, grinning slightly. There was less to work with than he would like, but not impossible. "The wooden weapons will come in handy," he says with a grin.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-05-04, 11:15 AM
Bjera

"Let's see what information Odin will favor us with before we attempt to assault their camp," the dwarf woman says, kneeling on the ground and offering up a prayer to her god for insight into the minds of the enemy.

(Casting Detect Thoughts.)

Geech000
2007-05-05, 08:48 AM
((I sure hope we aren't within 60 ft. of the camp. If you want to get that close to them, Krahl isn't going to stop you. He won't follow you either.))

Jongluer
2007-05-05, 10:19 AM
Marcuus nods to Butch, "A good plan Butch, I think we can make a good distraction. I will have the great Trithereon offer me the assistance of his minions from the stars. I hope that they will be able to help us fend off these savages."

Yawielas
2007-05-06, 11:11 AM
Ely nods. "Good plan. Should we bring one of the wolfmen with us?"

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-05-06, 01:22 PM
(Dageech-- there're the ogres we see. There may be others we don't see. And the spell has a semi-decent duration while they close with the group. She's mostly looking to avoid surprises.)

amanodel
2007-05-08, 04:30 PM
Bjera prays for Odin to grant her insight into the minds of the ogres. It's the first time she tries this spell with an ogre, and the result is stunning. Most of the ogres she can detect, have only thought about what they are currently doing. Most thoughts are like "me hungry" or "me want sleep", "me guard fire". Altough only a few of the ogres within the spell's range at the moment.

One of the wolfmen, a younger-looking one, called Lightpaw, insist on going with Butch and Ely. The others are quietly planning a strategy how to hold the ogres if they attack.

Geech000
2007-05-13, 11:23 PM
"We fight all ogres now? There is many ogres and us not big tribe." Krahl is visibly worried, possibly even scared. I really hope we aren't going to try and fight all of them. A straight attack would distract them, at least until they squashed all of us. I hope they have a better plan than that.

((Just noting that I don't want to be within 60 ft of any ogres unless I am relatively certain they won't notice me. I would like to stay out of charge range until we decide to attack them.))

Santanya
2007-05-14, 11:23 AM
Kitaran

Kitaran grins slightly. "If needed, but hopefully they stay unorganized enough that we can face them at a slower rate than, 'all'," he says, raising a brow. "I have confidence." He reaches up and scratches Encendar as the tiny mephit clings to his shoulder.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-05-14, 11:45 AM
Bjera

"We could challenge their leader to single combat, I suppose."

amanodel
2007-05-14, 03:10 PM
While you prepare for the battle, the leaders of the human forces found a well defendable route from where you could retreat quickly down from the hill. The terrain is full of large rocks, which could grant you cover, and slow the bigger ogres down.

Yawielas
2007-05-20, 03:24 PM
"Let's go then." Ely looks at Butch and the wolfman.

Geech000
2007-05-21, 10:39 AM
Krahl looks to the others, waiting for a signal to act.

Santanya
2007-05-21, 10:48 AM
Kitaran

Kitaran reaches into the pouch at his waist and pulls out a small dusty wax ball with dark stone speckles throughout and grins. "Ready when you all are," he says rolling it around in his palm.

Truwar
2007-05-22, 09:30 AM
Alrighty, let’s get areselves ah’ movin’.

Butch will lead Ely and the wolfman around the back of the camp, taking ten on his Hide/Move Silently checks for a result of 21 on each.

Jongluer
2007-05-23, 03:05 PM
Marcuus nods and pats Krahl on the shoulder saying, "Be ready for battle my friend, things will soon become dangerous" He then begins to rub his holy symbol to prepare himself for the summoning of Trithereon's beasts.

amanodel
2007-05-24, 05:23 AM
Hi folks!

I'l be away whole weekend (from now), and won't be able to post any. Tuesday I'll put up a post, hopefully accompanied with some maps as well (should my scanner decide to work properly).

amanodel
2007-05-29, 11:30 AM
Butch, Elysia, and the wolfman called Lightpaw start to circle around the camp, while the others secure their ways to retreat, and prepare to battle, should something go wrong.

Those of you who can see far in the dark, can see the small group slowly closing on the ogre leader's camp.

Butch and Ely are making barely any noise at all, and the loudly snoring ogres' voice covers the sound of their steps. Those monsters that are awake, pay little heed to defense, altough it scares you like hell when an ogre shouts aloud something, which turns out that he's angry just because he's been kicked by another ogre who didn't care to notice his sleeping companion.

Finally, after ten very long minutes, Ely, Butch and Lighpaw reach the large tent in the middle of he camp.

An especially large ogre sleeps right at the entrance of the tent, snoring heavily. You can see no movements inside the tent, which is lit by a little campfire in the inside. Lightpaw quickly looks around, and tries to dig a hol under the side of the tent to crawl his way inside, but the hard rocky terrain is impossibly to dig.

The tent is around 20 feters in diameter, and are roughly sewed from various hides. Another tent, next to this one, gives you decent cover, even Butch can safely kneel up to his knees without being noticed.

The rest of your scouting party have seen Butch's groub seven minutes ago, and some start to worry.

(Sorry, bad scanner, no maps, I leave everything to your imagination for now.)

Yawielas
2007-05-29, 11:41 AM
Ely points to herself, then at the tent, and gets out one of her daggers, pointing to the seams of the tent. She looks questioningly at the wolfman and Butch.

Truwar
2007-06-01, 10:55 AM
Butch gives Ely a wink and a “thumbs up” as she points to the seam of the tent with her sharp blade. Easing his own blades, he then nods to Lightfoot and Ely in turn then draws them close to him and whisper quietly.

Ok, we’re gonna slip inside this big feller’s tent here n’ wait fer our friends ta get the “diversion” a goin’. I figure big n’ ugly in there will get up pretty quick once the shoutin’ gets loud enough and that’d be bad news fer us, so I think I’m gonna give ‘em the ole “Quietus” before he has a chance ta.

I’ll try ta wait till jist as our buddies outside get ta work, that way, iffin’ big n’ ugly don’t go down , easy, mebe we can take ‘em down in the confusion. Be ready ta give me a bit o’ a hand iffin I need it. Don’t hestitake ta go splitskies iffin it gets to harry though. Let’s not be heroes, heroes get perty songs sung about ‘em n’ extra fancy coffins, I’d rather live a nice long life n’ end up in a pine box, meself.

Geech000
2007-06-02, 12:33 AM
Krahl hunches low to the ground, his axe in hand. He waits for Marcuus to give him the signal to attack. Don't worry. This is just like any other raid. Hit them quick, grab the loot, and get out of there. There's nothing to worry about. What does it matter if they are twice our size? They'll still go down if I put this axe through their chest. Yeah, absolutely nothing to worry about.

Yawielas
2007-06-02, 02:04 AM
Ely slips quietly closer to the tent, and starts slicing the seams open, making as little noise as she can. She makes the opening big enough for Butch to get through.

Jongluer
2007-06-05, 01:53 PM
Marcuus stands waiting, his shield in one hand, holy symbol in the other. All he can do now is wait to see exactly what happens in the coming minutes.

amanodel
2007-06-05, 02:45 PM
Ely pulls out her dagger, and very slowly, she cuts the large ropes and sinews making way into the large tent.

Sometimes the ogre sleeping in the entrance stops sneering and then lets out a short loud noise, but he remains sleeping, altough even Lightpaw, your wolfman companion looks over there with anxious eyes.

When you're mostly done, Lightpaw lets out a high pitched howl, which can be heard barely at all by the Ely and Butch, who have keener ears than the avarage.

Back at the large group, everything remains peaceful until a few minutes. Then seddenly, an ogre stands up, and slowly start to advance towards you. He's not looking at you, but given his direction, he'll reach you in a couple seconds. This is the time, when the wolfmen with you hear the signal of Lightpaw, and they tell you quietly that the small group is in position.

Santanya
2007-06-05, 04:27 PM
Kitaran

Kitaran grin slightly, glancing towards Marcuus and Bjera. "Shall we?" he says quietly, and flicks the waxy ball from his palm towards the Ogre along the ground.

((Readying Flaming Sphere (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/flamingSphere.htm) for when the others start))

Geech000
2007-06-05, 11:17 PM
Krahl

Krahl tightens his grip on his axe as the ogre starts walking towards them. He looks back anxiously to the others, not sure if he should charge in yet.

((I'm readying to charge in if the ogre gives any indication of noticing us.

Init: +1
AC: 14
Attack: +10 (1d12+7)
I haven't applied any attack or AC modifiers from a charge yet.))

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-06-06, 11:07 AM
Bjera

As the ogre comes into view, Bjera quietly draws a spear, and murmurs a soft prayer to Odin, asking for strength.

(Casting Divine Favor.)

amanodel
2007-06-06, 01:57 PM
The ogre stops right next to the rock where you're hiding, and looks around. He's looking for somewhere to pee, but the wind turns, and your scent reaches the ogre's nose suddenly. Slowly, as if finding something interesting, he walk around the rock. Most of your companions tighten their grip on their weapons, and slowly begins to back away, leaving you, and a few wolfmen in the front lines.

The ogre arrives, and when spotting your group, he stares at you.

Hhey! - he yells loudly, and you can hear other ogres begin to wake up back at the centre of their camp.

Krahl quickly jumps on him, swinging his greataxe wildly. Luckily, the readied spell of Kitaran got there faster so when it ignited the ogre and everything near the humanoid beast, he didn't get burn. A buch of ogre clubs and tanned leathers catch on fire, lighting up the area. You can see the ogres better now, but you know that by now, probably the whole camp noticed you. The burnt ogre yells in pain, and starts running around mindessly, trying to make the fire stop.

Krahl could charge at him easily, but his axe only scratched the skin of the screaming ogre. Tough a greataxe can scratch rather deep.

Yawielas
2007-06-06, 02:04 PM
Ely slips inside the tent as soon as the ogre inside runs out to check on the commotion. If she's got the tent for herself (along with Butch and Lightpaw), she starts searching for the artefact.

Truwar
2007-06-06, 02:39 PM
The suspicious nature that kept Butch alive during his rather rough “childhood” causes him to pause before entering the tent, looking about with a sharp eye for any kind of trap or warning device that would prevent him from being able to reach the sleeping ogre, unnoticed.

Search check + 8

Jongluer
2007-06-06, 08:41 PM
Marcuus concentrates and then his holy symbol glowing, "Trithereon lend me your allies!" Suddenly appearing in a golden glow before him is a celestial hippogriff.

((Just summoning it))

Geech000
2007-06-07, 07:39 PM
Krahl

Krahl grits his teeth and swings at the ogre again.

((HP: 51/51
Power (2) Attack (1d20+8= 23 ) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1091025)
Damage (1d12+11= 13 ) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1091028)))

Santanya
2007-06-11, 04:12 PM
Kitaran

"Well, then now that thing are started proper," Kitaran says. He draws a hand back pointing towards where the other ogre's are commanding the rolling ball of fire towards them then grabs his crossbow and starts to aim it at the Ogre.

Truwar
2007-06-11, 04:29 PM
Hearing the yell from outside and hoping the ogres take it as a simple squabble, Butch glides quickly into the tent and draws his heavy scimitar, raising it above his head and attempting to drive it into the throat of the sleeping ogre, if possible.

Hide +8, MS +10, will attempt a coup de gras with his scimitar, if possible.

amanodel
2007-06-12, 03:49 PM
At Marcuus' call, a glowing hippogriff appears from a glowing bright light. Some of the ogres scream and point at the apparation, cover their sensitive eyes, and some of them even start to run away.

Krahl swings his great axe at the ogre in flames, and witha powerful stirke, ends the life of him.

Kitaran's glowing ball of fire rolls towards the encampment, setting combustible things such as leathers and wooden objects afire. The ogres, who are not familiar with any kind of magic, back of, and slow thier attack, leaving enough time for your wolfmen and human companions to form lines.

Many ogres slowed down, or even stopped at the sight of your magics, and one even kneeled down, as if he were praying to the glowing fire orb and the glowing hippogriff.

But not every ogre were affected such. Six ogres didn't slow down at all, and with their primitive weapons, they charge at you group. One of them attacks Krahl with a trunk large as the orc barbarian himself, and only misses him by inches. Three of them attack the line of wolfmen. You can't see much from there, but you hear bones cracking along with painful howls, accompanied with wild bites and ogre screams. Two ogres run towards Marcuus and Bjera, and they are less than 30 feet away.

Your human companions, pulled out their longbows meanwhile, and now they release a dozen arrows ath the ogres in an instance. Many of the arrows hit the large beasts, but it seems they barely notice it.

At the tent, Butch leads the others inside the tent, and attempts to kill the sleeping guard quickly. Unfortunately, the large beast noticed the obvious sounds of battle at the edge of the encampment, and raises it's head tocheck what's going on. That was just at the time when Butch stiked down, so his blow was not perfect, and altough he hit the ogre in the head, he didn't manage to kill it outright. Seeing that, Lightpaw jumps at the ogre growling, trying to bite through it's neck. The ogre seems to much more stronger than you you imagine, and it throws Lighpaw off from his face. Cleaning his face from his own blood, he reach out to grab Butch and grabs his leg. Butch tries to stab him both when he stood up and when moved upon him, and by puncturing the ogre's hand, ahe managed the wrestle free from the monstars hands.

Yawielas
2007-06-12, 04:41 PM
Ely darts in for a backstab, aiming her dagger at the ogre's neck.

Jongluer
2007-06-12, 05:50 PM
Marcuus seeing the advancing ogres says, "Servant of Trithereon let us do battle side by side!" He then rushes for the ogre raising his blade as he brings it upon the beast and the hippogriff rushes over the ogre and digs in as well.

(( Attack- http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1098691 23 total with flanking
Damage- http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1098692 7
Hippogriff Attack- http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1098699 10 total with flanking
Hippogriff Damage- http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1098700 6))

Santanya
2007-06-13, 10:03 AM
Kitaran((AC: 17(4 MA, 4Shield), 21HP))

Kitaran grins slightly, reaching to his belt and pulling a short wand and activates it. He then commands the sphere to roll into the closest ogre other than the one bowing to the sphere.

((
Using 1 charge of Shield wand
Flaming Sphere should have 1 more round (1st: into ogre 2nd: Up to camp 3rd: this round)
))

Geech000
2007-06-13, 12:37 PM
Krahl steps towards this next ogre. He roars as loud as he can and swings his ax. Wow, that would have hurt.

((HP: 51/51
Power (2) Attack (1d20+8= 19) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1099813)
Damage (1d12+11= 15) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1099815)))

amanodel
2007-06-17, 11:52 AM
I'm having serious difficulties accessing the internet, so I might not be able to post regularely, so please bear with me for a couple of days.

At the battle

Krahl turns to the ogre who attacked him, and swings his greataxe backwards, chopping deep into the waist of the humanoid beast. The ogre roar as lodly as Krahl, and with a backhand slam, he hits Krahl in the face with the heavy war club of his. Luckily Krahl managed to tilt back his head before the hit so his neck wasn't broken by the horrific blow, but it still hurts. (6 damage)

Marcuus steps forth from the line of human soldiers along with his celestial ally, and charges a single ogre. He sinks his bastard sword deep into the ogres stomach, but these hardy beasts can shrug of such damage with ease, it seems. The ogre strikes back with a primiteve spear-like weapon, but misses Marcuus slightly.

Bjera meets an ogre face-to-face, and with the help of her god, she hits the beast in the tights with her spear. The beast roars, and pouches her in the face heavily with it's bare hands. (5 damage)

Kitaran directs his falming ball towards another ogre, who starts to scream as the flames bite him. As he looks around, he spots two large orges running directly towards him, as another one, dressed in various colorful feathers, points to him and yells something.

The first wave of the ogres attacking your allies is broken by the humans and wolfmen, but they suffered heavy casulties as well. You can see two human soldiers lying in the ground already, one with a broken head, and another with an unnaturally twisted torso.

At the chief's camp

(Delayed, since I failed to send a copy of Butch's and Ely's lost charsheets to Truwar and Yawielas. I'm doing it right now.)

Truwar
2007-06-17, 11:09 PM
Butch maneuves opposite of Elysia, making sure he is able to attack with maximum effect.

Att: Scimitar: 1d20+8=28 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1108366)

Scimitar Confirm: 1d20+8=15 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1108369)

Kukri: 1d20+8=12 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1108376)

Dmg: Scimitar (if critical is confirmed): 2d6+12=17, 2d6=7 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1109210)

Scimitar (if critical is not confirmed): 1d6+6=10, 2d6=7 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1109215)

Kukri Damage (if it hits): 1d4+3=4, 2d6=8 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1109218)

Santanya
2007-06-18, 10:50 AM
Kitaran

"No, I don't think so," Kitaran says as he turns towards the two approaching ogre's and splays his hands out towards them, muttering under his breath. A cone of fire shoots out towards the Ogres. As the flames stop from his hands his frowns, looking towards the feathered Ogre. His finger tip jerks towards the ogre, causing the ball of flame to change direction and bounce at him (If its close enough!).

Casting: Burning Hands
Damage: 4D4 = [2, 2, 3, 2] = 9 (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=1336)
DC: 15 Reflex for 1/2

Redirecting the flaming sphere at the one that ordered the other two at him as its final round action. If it reaches him:
Damage: 2D6 = [2, 2] = 4 (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=1336) DC: 16 Reflex

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-06-18, 11:17 AM
Bjera

Undaunted by the blow to her face, she continues to press combat on the ogre before her, swinging her spear with expert precision.

(Attack/Damage: 1d20+8=26, 1d6+3=9 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1109233))

Jongluer
2007-06-18, 12:48 PM
Marcuus glows with a golden light as his muscles grow in size, he then brings his blade to bear down on the ogre his hippogriff brings all of its claws and teeth to bear upon the ogre.

((Marcuus uses Bull's Str then attacks- http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1109336 22 w/flanking
Damage- http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1109337 8
Hippogriff full attacks- Claws w/flanking http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1109341
Bite w/flanking http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1109342
Claw Damage- http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1109343 ))

Geech000
2007-06-18, 05:10 PM
Krahl snarls at the ogre and lunges forward, burying his ax deep in the ogre's chest. Cursed ogres! Now I have to fight with a headache. He could have killed me. These beasts won't kill me if I kill them first! We'll kill them all!

((HP: 45/51
Power (3) Attack (1d20+7=26) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1109699)
Damage (1d12+13=23) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1109702)))

amanodel
2007-06-22, 01:49 PM
At the battle

Krahl swings his greataxe again, and this time he hits clear. The greataxe hits the ogre at the chest, bringing down the beast. The ogre falls back, trying to put his innards back, but without any effect. As krahl looks around, he's way ahead of the others. He is loosely surrounded by ogres moving towards his companions.

Marcuus and Bjera are next in line, way behind Krahl. Marcuus, moves to the back of an ogre, since the beast has it's attention drawn to the hippogriff. With a swift move Marcuus stabs him around the kidneys, and the monster cries out loudly. The hippogriff attacks the ogre with it's claws and wounds it. The ogre gathers all his might and hits the hippogriff, breaking one of it's legs with his hammer-esque weapon.

Bjera attacks the ogre with her spear, and the head of the weapon punctures the ogre's arm. The meast roars and tears out the weapon from his flesh, attacking the dwarf woman with the same movement, but Bjera easily dodges the clumsy attack.

Kitaran releases fire from his fingertips towards the oncoming ogres, and engulf them in fire. The burnt ogres scream and cover their eyes, but after a moment, they continue charging. Kitaran's flaming ball flies towards the ogre dressed in feathers, and burns it. Unfortunately, the ball of fire almost estinguished and barely damaged the ogre in command.

At the tent

With the help of the distraction that Lightpaw provides, Butch sinks his brand new scimitar in the ogre's back, puncturing it's heart.

Ely notices that the chief ogre has woken up, and is about to leave the tent to see what's going on. It's a really big monster, standing more than 12 feet tall. He wears pieces of a rusty spiked armour, and is looking rather terrifying. He did not spot the tiny Elysia, but he will surely notice Butch and Lightpaw near the entrance of the tent.

The only way out from the tent leads towards the place you're standing.

(Sorry for the delay! :smallredface: )

Santanya
2007-06-22, 02:06 PM
Kitaran

Kitaran frowns slightly towards the ogres, starting to feel slightly uncomfortable with their approach. He extends his hand, an orb of fire forming in his palm which he immediately flings at the closer of the two approaching ogres then begins to back away from them.

((
Flinging then moving up to 30' back away from them.
Ranged Touch: 1D20+5 = [20]+5 = 25 (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=1432)
Damage: 2D8 = [6, 3] = 9 (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=1433)
Critical Confirm: 1D20+5 = [20]+5 = 25 (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=1434)
Extra Damage: 2D8 = [3, 8] = 11 (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=1434)
))

Yawielas
2007-06-22, 02:19 PM
Ely darts up behind the chief ogre, and tries to hamstring him with her dagger. (Sneak attack! btw, I can't open the character sheet yet, since it's zipped.)

Truwar
2007-06-22, 03:07 PM
Butch curses to himself as the massive ogre rises to its full height before him and serious considers making a break for it… until he sees Elysia sneaking up behind it. Cursing even more sulfurously he charges directly towards the beast, tucking and rolling in order to get inside of its longer reach at the last moment, then springs up to his feet and attempts to open the artery running through the creature’s armpit with his scimitar.

Not actually “charging” but tumbling towards the ogre to avoid attack of opportunity.
Tumble Check: 1d20+9=16 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1116568)
Scimitar Attack: 1d20+9=25 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1116560)
Scimitar Damage: 1d6+6=8, 2d6=6 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1116569)

Jongluer
2007-06-22, 04:09 PM
Marcuus brings his blade down again striking in tandem with his hippogriff.

((Attack Roll 1d20+9=13 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1116676) 15 w/flanking
Damage 1d10+4=9 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1116688)
Claws w/flanking- 1d20+8=24, 1d20+8=9 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1116695)
Damage 1d4+4=5 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1116699)
Bite w/flanking 1d20+3=23 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1116707) and confirming crit 1d20+3=21 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1116711)
Damage 1d8+2=6 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1116714) x2 is 12!))

Geech000
2007-06-23, 08:29 AM
Krahl

Krahl glances back and sees that he is well out in front. I'm in front?! I'm never in front! Wait... focus... got to kill the ogres. Then I can celebrate. Seeing his companions engaged and his own target dead, Krahl charges back at the ogre Bjera is fighting. Unfortunately, he stumbles on his way over and swings too early.

((HP: 45/51
AC: 12
Charging Power (4) Attack (1d20+8= 10 ) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1117470)
I don't think that will hit. If it does it deals 1d12+15 damage.))

amanodel
2007-06-29, 07:00 AM
At the tent

At the moment the large ogre notices the slain guard, Elysia's dagger strike him. She hamstring the monster, nearly making it fall. Nearly. It growls, and lifts his hands, along with the enormous axe he's wielding. Butch's intervention came just in time to save Ely, and his unexpected stab painfully distracted the ogre chieftain from crushing the little elf. Meanwhile, Lightpaw informs you with a short bark that some ogres noticed the turmoil at the chief's camp, and are coming towards you.

At the frontline

Both Bjera and Marcuus finally manage to slay the first ogre that attacked them, only to see how many are coming. Krahl gets back to them, and altough he couldn't help for now, his presence brings some feelings of protection to the other warriors. The next line of ogres are a mere 30' away, and they are much more numerous this time.

Kitaran fires up the ogres badly, and the stench of burning flesh seems to make the beasts back off. Hwever, the one dressed in feathers yells at them, and both continue towards the magician. They fling their fists and clubs, but Kitaran was too elusive for them. At least for now.

Santanya
2007-06-29, 09:52 AM
Kitaran

Kitaran frowns deeply at the two Ogres. Weren't they supposed to be running away by now? He steps back away from them and clasps his hands together, letting out another spray of fire from his hands, hoping that they would catch and panic putting out the flames, giving him a chance to escape. As the flames die from his hands, he watches them, hoping to avoid any swings of the those clubs.

AC: 20 HP: 21

Taking a 5' step away from them (and hoping that they were attacking at their max range) to cast the spell.

Burning Hands (Aimed to catch them both if possible)
DC 15 for 1/2 damage
Damage: Fire 4D4 = [4, 3, 3, 3] = 13 (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=1494)

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-06-29, 10:52 AM
(Is Marcuus injured yet?)

Jongluer
2007-06-29, 12:15 PM
((Marcuus hasn't been touched at all, he's a hearty warrior))

Marcuus centers himself, glowing once more, he begins to twirl his bastard sword as he says, "Let us prepare for the next confrontation. Trithereon, lend me more of your subjects!" He raises his sword and brings it down as another hippogriff appears with a mighty whinny. Marcuus steps forward inbetween the two celestial beings gets into a ready position.

((Move action to activate cat's grace, then standard to summon up another hippogriff with my other use of Summon Monster 3. Then have them form up around Marcuus. His AC is now 19))

Yawielas
2007-07-01, 07:00 AM
Ely tumbles past the ogre to try getting behind him again for another backstab while Butch keeps him busy. If possible, she sinks her dagger into the ogre' back.

Geech000
2007-07-02, 01:17 PM
Krahl

Krahl glances towards the ogre that has been yelling at the others. That ogre with all the feathers looks rather important. I wonder what the others would do if I killed him...Yes...Crush his skull. Tear him limb from limb. The fool got just a little too close. Krahl grins and a mad gleam enters his eyes. He pivots on one leg and rushes straight at feathered ogre.

((Charge modifiers have been included.
Activating rage.
HP:53/59
Power (2) Attack (1d20+8+2 (charge) +2 (rage)= 20) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1131742)
Damage (1d12+11 + 3 (rage)= 26 ) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1131745)

How far am I from the ogre with the feathers that has been giving orders?))

amanodel
2007-07-02, 01:28 PM
(Krahl can reach the said ogre with a charge, though barely.)

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-07-02, 02:20 PM
Bjera

Bjera waits for the ogres to come to her, striking out with her spear at the first one within reach.

(Attack/Damage: 1d20+8=16, 1d6+3=8 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1131821))

Geech000
2007-07-02, 08:09 PM
((Action changed. Krahl is now charging the one giving orders and activating rage.
If I provoke any attacks of opportunity, they will probably hit and probably hurt.))

Truwar
2007-07-02, 09:08 PM
Butch, steps inside of the ogre’s defenses angling to the side a bit to keep the massive creature diverted from Elysia and laying into it with his blades.

Attacks from flank.

Scimitar Attack
1d20+9=24 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1132403)

Kukri Attack
1d20+9=27 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1132405)

Confirm
1d20+9=25 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1132406)

Scimitar Damage
1d6+6=7, 2d6=9 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1132408)

Kukri Damage
2d4+6=10, 2d6=6 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1132410)

Total Damage: 32

amanodel
2007-07-08, 01:10 PM
At the frontline

Krahl charges towards the ogre-in-command without any second thought. A large ogre axe misses his head by inches, followed by a greatclub, attacking from the masses of ogres, which hits the raging orc in the stomach (12 damage). He keeps running forward in his blind rage, barely noticing as another ogre kick him heavily on his chest (8 damage). He gets to the feathered ogre, who noticed him as well, and a giant-sized quarterstaff in his hands move forward, punching Krahl at the chin heavily (10 damage). Despite the massive damages, Krahl gets to the ogre, and swings his greataxe with all his might, nearly chopping the ogres hand raised in defense. Bones break and flesh tears upon the terrible blow, but the ogre's not down yet!

Marcuus calls for another celsetial being, and some of the ogres back off again, being afraid from the celestial hippogriffs. The next wave of ogres reach you, with a horrific roar. Bjera dodges the charging ogre and sinks her spear in the beast a moment later. Marcuus gets hit by a crude spear (14 damage), injuring his left hand horribly. The hippogriffs jump forward and attack the ogre with their sharp claws, hurting the beast heavily.

Kitaran jumps back and releases another storm of fire, burning the two charging ogres. The ogres srceam in pain, and with eyes bloody with rage, they attack the magician. A spear misses Kitaran greatly as the weapon slips in the ogre's burnt hand. The other ogre attacks simultaneosly, and the heavy war club punches Kitaran in the face (6 damage)

At the tent

Butch doesn't gives a second to the ogre, his blades continue to attack in a lighnin-fast cold fury. The blades sink deep into the iron hide of the huge monster, drawing black blood. Ely plants her tiny dagger into the ogre's back. By any measure it should be dead by now, bet it still attacks. His war axe misses the agile bugbear, but he punches Butch with his bare hand in the face so hard that Butch's vision blacks out for a moment (10 damage). The ogre chieftain breaths heavily, with blood flowing from his foul mouth. It's legs shake, and nearly falls thanks to the numerous wounds it received.

From a painful howl, you notice that the ogres already reached Lightpaw, and hit the brave wolfman hardly. But you already hear the ogres screaming as Lightpaw tears their flesh with his teeth. You see at least four ogres, it's only a matter of time when they'll bring down the wolfman warrior.

Yawielas
2007-07-08, 01:17 PM
"Butch!" Hizing in anger, Ely jumps up at the ogre's back and plunges her dagger in again.

(OOC: I'll be away on vacation from July 10th to maybe the 16th or 17th, and will probably not have much internet access during that time. Feel free to NPC my characters:) )

Santanya
2007-07-08, 02:16 PM
Kitaran ((AC: 20 HP: 17/21))

Kitaran chuckles softly. "Hey guys," he steps back (hopefully out of the ogre's range again) calls out drawing his hand back, muttering under his breath to cause another ball of fire to form in his hand. He swings the hand around flinging the ball of fire at the most burnt looking ogre. "Little assistance would be greatly appreciated if you can spare it," he continues.

((
Casting Lesser Orb of Fire:
Attack: 1D20+6 = [6]+6 = 12 (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=1574)
Damage:2D8+1 = [7, 7]+1 = 15 (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=1574)
Concentration (if needed): 1D20+9 = [11]+9 = 20 (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=1574)
))

Jongluer
2007-07-08, 05:01 PM
Marcuus lets out a terrible grunt of pain and then glows as he brings his blade to bear against the ogre before him, as his hippogriff's come to his aid.

((Activating Bear's Endurance, then attacking: 1d20+9=10 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1141533) That probably missed, if it somehow hit 1d10+4=11 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1141539) that's the damage.
Hippogriff's attacks: Claws-1d20+6=15, 1d20+6=17, 1d20+6=18, 1d20+6=9 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1141540) Bites- 1d20+1=21, 1d20+1=14 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1141542) and to confirm the crit-1d20+1=16 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1141544)
Claw Damage- 1d4+4=7, 1d4+4=7, 1d4+4=5, 1d4+4=7 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1141545)
Bite Damage- 1d8+2=3, 1d8+2=7 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1141547) with 7x2 being 14!
Marcuus: 27/41 with Bear's Endurance, AC 19 with Cat's Grace))

Geech000
2007-07-08, 07:06 PM
Krahl

Blood drips from Krahl's mouth as he snarls up at the ogre. His wounds hurt, but his mind has begun to block that out. A red mist fills the edges of his vision. The only thing that remains clear is the ogre in front of him. That hurt. Yes. He will die soon. Krahl leans back from his last attack, getting his ax in position. With a push of his legs he throws himself towards the ogre putting the entire weight of his body into his next blow. Death comes!

((AC: 12
HP: 23/59
Power (4) Attack (1d20+8= 17) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1141671)
Attack Bonus= +8 = +7 from strength + 1 from masterwork weapon +4 from BAB - 4 from Power Attack
Damage (1d12+18= 22 ) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1141685)
Damage Bonus = +18 = 1.5*7 from strength + 2*4 for two handed Power attack = +10 + 8
Remaining Rage duration: 7 rounds))

Truwar
2007-07-09, 09:24 AM
Grunting in pain as he attempts to recover from the punishing blow, Butch pivots and slashes upward at the ogre’s weapon hand with his kukri, attempting to create an opening for him to slash the thing’s belly open with his scimitar.

Scimitar Attack 1d20+9=21 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1142635)

Kukri Attack 1d20+9=23 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1142638)

Scimitar Damage 1d6+6=11, 2d6=7 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1142639)

Kukri Damage 1d4+3=5, 2d6=5 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1142644)

Total Damage: 28

amanodel
2007-07-11, 01:53 AM
At the tent

Ely jumps at the ogre angrily, and stabs it in the back. The ogre chief shrugs the tiny elf off him, and hits her with a light backhand slam. However, it was light in ogre measures, and it threw Elysia far to the ground, nearly breaking the bones of the much smaller creature (10 damage). Blood's running from her mouth as she gets to her feet again. Butch's dual curved blades continue their vicious dance and with a powerful move, Butch cuts into the ogre's belly. The monster howls in pain as it falls to it's knees. A diabolic, mad smile appears in it's face, and head butts the bugbear (6 damage) before collapsing Dropping his weapon, the ogre holds himself on his hand, breathing heavily, and spitting up more and more blood.

You hear a heavy crushing noise and a painful howl that goes silent. The ogres coming towards you have defeated Lighpaw, and are coming towards you.

At the frontline

Your human and wolfman alies suffered heavy casulties, and they already started withdrawing, which more and more turns into mindless running.

Krahl lifts his axe again and with the terrible blow, he opens the commanding ogre's chest. It falls back, shaking the ground with it's massive body.

Marcuus' hippogriffs assault the ogres around their master, and bring one down. Another ogre flees, with it's hands covering it's face from the sharp claws of the hippogriffs.

Kitaran burns one of the two ogres badly, and his target falls to the ground, still burning. The nother ogre reaches him again, and slams him with his war club (9 damage). Bjera notices that Kitaran's in a trouble and runs over to him, stabbing the ogre that attacked the magician.

Suddenly rock begin to fall from the sky, some ogres at the far side of the camp starts throwing head-sized rocks at you. Luckily, accuracy is not their cup of tea, but Bjera and Marcuus gets hit by a rock on their legs (3 damage to Bjera, 4 damage to Marcuus). Some rocks even hit other ogres, you could even see as a misguided rock smashing an ogre's head, killing the beast. The falling rocks were the last that your allies could bear, and now they are running for their lifes, out from the reach of the flying death.

Geech000
2007-07-11, 07:01 AM
Krahl

DIE! Krahl steps up onto the chest of the downed ogre and raises his ax up over his head. With a mighty roar he brings it down through the creature's skull. Pulling his ax loose again he looks around for another challenger. Krahl could hear the humans screaming over the blood pounding in his ears. Yes! Kill them! Loot the town! But other sounds were missing. There was no stampede of hoofs, no orcish warcries. Something was wrong. Where is the tribe? Looking back Krahl saw a mass of ogres fighting... something. There was a flash of fire and... wings? Huge stones were falling from the sky. What is going on? It doesn't matter. Kill the ogres!

((HP: 23/59
Coup de grace the ogre commander. Power attack is set at 3, just in case there is an attack of opportunity.
Do I have clear line of sight to any of my companions or our retreating allies?
Is there a clear path away from the ogres?
Are any of the ogres coming for Krahl?)
Remaining Rage Duration: 6 rounds)

Truwar
2007-07-11, 01:08 PM
Butch nods quickly to Elysia.

Missy! Check the tent quick! We need that relic and we aint got much in the way o’ time!

Butch targets vital points on the fallen ogre chieftain and drives his blades home, hoping to put the thing down for good.

Butch will do a Coup de Gras if the chieftain is helpless, otherwise:

Scimitar Attack: 1d20+9=27 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1146558)

Confirm: 1d20+9=14 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1146559)

Kukri Attack: 1d20+9=24 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1146562)

Scimitar Damage: 1d6+6=12, 2d6=3 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1146566)

Scimitar Damage (if critical): 2d6+12=18, 2d6=8 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1146570)

Kukri Damage: 1d4+3=4, 2d6=11 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1146572)

30 damage if no critical, 41 damage if critical

Yaweilas is on vacation for the next week or so, so you might wish to NPC her character as she searches the tent.

Jongluer
2007-07-12, 10:05 AM
Marcuus says, "Trithereon's servants, after those ogres!" He gestures to the rock hurling ogres, as he jogs forward towards Krahl, hand glowing with healing energy he says, "Krahl, I fill you with Trithereon's might!"

((Assuming, I can make it to Krahl, swapping out Magic Circle Against Evil for Cure Serious Wounds: 3d8+4=26 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1148035)
And the Hippogriffs will strike out against the Ogres Hurling Rocks. Attacks-1d20+6=14, 1d20+6=13 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1148039)
Damage-1d4+4=7, 1d4+4=5 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1148041)))

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-07-12, 12:15 PM
Bjera

The dwarf-woman continues to lay about with her spear, striking at any foe in reach, laughing with the joy of the battle as she does so.

(Bit short on time, could you roll for me, please?)

Yawielas
2007-07-16, 04:11 PM
Ely nods, wiping her mouth with the back of her hand as she painfully gets back on her feet, then searches the room as quick as she can for the relic.

amanodel
2007-07-18, 08:50 AM
DM is ashemed, but is posting from his work all the time, and the boss would kill him if he were rolling die.

As soon as I get home and net will work good there, I'll carry on with the events, I promise.

amanodel
2007-07-19, 10:45 PM
At the tent

With a last final blow, Butch sends the ogre chief to oblivion, cutting it's throat. The ogre effortlessly tries to stop the blood coming from it's neck for a couple moments, then it collapses.

Before Ely would run inside the tent, she notices something shiny on the slain ogre's body. It's something like an amulet, hanging from the ogre's neck. As she takes it, she realizes that it is a small gem statuette, in the size which would fit in a human hand comfortably. And altough the description the underground elves gave to you were rather uncomplete, you realize that this must be the relic they've spoken about. It's an emerald hedgehog.

You were just in time. The ogres coming for their leader's aid, already get near the tent, and two thrown javelins fly through the air and hit the ground just before your feet. Luckily, the ogres' aim are far from perfect.

At the frontline

Krahl finishes the ogre-in-command, smashing it's head with a giant blow. Krahl is in a bad shape, and altough Marcuus is on the way to help, he can't reach Krahl. (Healing spell will be cast in the beggining of the next round) Marcuus' hippofriffsattack the artillery ogres, but it's mostly their offwordly appereance that achieves most effect, not their claws.

Bjera remains at her positiondefending Kitaran, and drives her spear into an already wounded ogre, bringing the beast down.

A long, painful shout comes from the direction of the chief's tent, indicating that some of the ogres found out that their master was slain. Many ogres abandon the battle and start to run up and down, holding their head with their hands, ululating.

Seeing the confusion in the ogres, the leader of the human scouts orders retreat, and the humans and wolfmen begin to disappear, those who see you, wave towards you, indicating to join them in the retreat.

Yawielas
2007-07-20, 12:51 AM
Ely snatches the relic from the ogre chief and waves frantically at Butch while heading for the cut opening in the tent. She whispers: "Got it, Butch, let's go!"

Santanya
2007-07-20, 09:29 AM
Kitaran

Noting the retreat, Kitaran pauses a moment, yanking another waxy ball from his pouch and flicking it into the camp as he utters a few words. IT bursts into flame and begins rolling about the camp straight towards the largest area of tents.

Kitaran, deciding that the better part of bravery is knowing how not to die, begins to withdraw.

((
Casting one more flaming sphere to cause as much fiery chaos as he can, and to start the tents ablaze (hey, its what he does) and withdraws.
))

Truwar
2007-07-20, 09:37 AM
Make a break fer it missy! I’ll distract ‘em fer a bit!

Butch waits just long enough for Elysia to get going then charges the ogres with a blood curdling bellow. His eyes burning with murderous fury and his blades still stained with the blood of the fallen Chieftain.

Intimidate +7: 1d20+7=19 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1160802)

Just as he comes close to the ogres he agilely tumbles past them, tucking and rolling past them and coming to his feet at a dead run towards where Lightfoot had fallen.

Tumble +9: 1d20+9=25 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1160793)

Geech000
2007-07-20, 09:45 AM
Krahl

Krahl looks to the ogres and sees that none of them are approaching him. He sees the bizarre creatures horse creatures with wings battling the ogres. No threat there. He glances at the humans and wolfmen running away. Cowards. They are no threat. Then he see the human running straight at him, hand outstretched and wreathed in magical energy. The fool thinks his magic can stop me! Krahl snarls at the human and raises his axe. NO! That is Marcuus, a friend! Krahl immediately lowers his axe, holding it in only one hand. A look of confusion and uncertainty cover his face. Krahl calls out to Marcuus, "Friend Marcuus! Where tribe? Butch? Ely?"

((HP: 15/51
AC: 13
Action: Evaluate situation and end rage.
Currently fatigued))

Jongluer
2007-07-20, 01:51 PM
"They're within the camp Krahl, these ogres seem to be done fighting. It is time we took our leave Krahl, so we can come back later and finish the job." He lays his hands upon Krahl to heal him, then gestures for his two hippogriffs to come over. Once they've come, Marcuus mounts one bareback and says, "Mount up Krahl, we'll head in and pick up Ely and Butch!"

amanodel
2007-07-23, 04:10 PM
At the tent

The ogres look at each other with a rather dumb look as Butch roars at them. "Crush tiny man!" They yell, and run towards the bugbear. They lift their weapons as Butch charges them, but they all stare as if were thunderstruck when Butch tumbles past through them. Sliding through between the O-shaped legs of the last ogre, the bugbear reaches Lightpaw's corpse.

Meanwhile Ely takes the relic, but none of the ogres notice the tiny elf yet.

At the frontline

Marcuus finally gets to Krahl and the diveine energy not only heals, but even calms down the raging orc. upon the holy champion's order, the hippogriffs retreat, and land near the duo of Krahl and Marcuus.

Kitaran, along with Bjera, choose to withdraw with the majority fo the scouting party. The magician sets the large tent aflame, only missing Elysia with inches. The red flames outline the elf rogue, spoiling her shadowy disguise.
Bjera heals one of the human soldiers, who recently got his chest smashed by an ogre warhammer.

Yawielas
2007-07-23, 04:49 PM
Ely darts into the shadows again with the relic, heading in the general direction of the others.

Santanya
2007-07-26, 10:28 AM
Kitaran

Kitaran continues to follow the others as they vacate, perhaps a bit slower as he tries to catch sight of the others, and of course to guide the ball of flaming joy into as many ogres or tents that he is able.

Truwar
2007-07-26, 11:19 AM
Butch ducks down and sweeps Lightpaw into his arms, taunting the ogres he tumbled past, in an attempt to draw them further away from the retreating Elysia.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-07-26, 02:10 PM
Bjera maintains the position of rearguard in the withdrawl, ready to engage any ogres who come too close.

Geech000
2007-07-26, 06:06 PM
Krahl slings his ax on his back and climbs onto the waiting hippogriff.

Jongluer
2007-07-27, 09:08 PM
Marcuus mounted upon the Hippogriff kicks its flanks and says, "Onward!" The two hippogriffs head towards the heart of the battle in the hopes, Marcuus aiming to pick up Ely as he approaches.

amanodel
2007-07-29, 03:18 PM
While the others retreat, Krahl and Marcuus jump on their celestial flying mounts to rescue their companions. The ogres are shouting and screaming wildly at the sight of the mounted flying warriors, and ran away from their way.

Kitaran and Bjera remains with the retreating forces, and do their best to hold the ogres off. The magician's fire spell continues to create havoc amongst the ogre lines, which slows them down a little bit. Despite his efforts, a bunch of ogres already reached your lines, and attack you. Bjera jumps away from two attacks. The weapons she dodged smash the stones on the ground instead of her skull, showing the great strenght the ogres wield their primitive weapons with. She strikes back, but her attack misses the beasts.

Butch picks up Lightpaw with ease, altough the smallest of the wolfmen weighs nearly as much as Butch himself. The ogres mindlessly begin to pursue the fleeing bugbear. Several thrown spears fly through the air, almost hitting Butch, but again, luck was on the Bugbear's side.

Elysia starts to run in the opposite direction, using the opportunity Butch created. The ogres don't even notice the small elf girl in the shadows as she makes her retreat.

Marcuus and Krahl can spot Butch easily from their flying mounts, but Ely remains hidden even from their eyes. The two hippogriff rider can see Butch is in a big trouble, at least six ogres advance towards him.

Jongluer
2007-07-30, 01:56 PM
"Away you savage beasts!" Marcuus says as his hippogriff lands neatly between the ogres and Butch, he swings his sword menancingly, "Butch, hop on with Krahl and get out of here." He then looks about and says, "Where's Ely?!"

((Readying to hit any ogre who comes into range, as will the Hippogriff if it has a standard action left))

Truwar
2007-07-30, 04:43 PM
Butch drapes Lightpaw over the saddle of Krahl’s Hippogriff then hops on behind Marcuus. I drew the Ogres ta me and told Ely ta beat cheeks the other direction. She’s got the artifact and now that she’s got some runnin’ room there aint no way one o’ them stupid ogres is goin’ ta find ‘er. Pride seems to fill Buth’s words as he speaks of Elysia’s skill at stealth.

Oh, n’ the big boss o’ these yaehoos aint gonna be holdin’ ‘em togther any more, on accounta his havin’ a breathin’ problem. Butch gives a nasty grin and draws a finger across his throat as he says this.

Jongluer
2007-07-31, 01:05 PM
Marcuus nods and brings the hippogriff up into the air once Butch is mounted. The mount begins to circle the camp as Marcuus looks about, he says to Butch, "Any particular direction other than the opposite of you? I don't want her just wandering around, I'd feel safer if we got her mounted up with us."

Santanya
2007-07-31, 01:42 PM
Kitaran

Kitaran frowns deeply at the ogres and rears his hand back as another ball of fire forms in his palm. He whips it at one of the ogres as he backs away from them. "Persistant aren't they?" he calls to Bjera.

((
Concentration if needed: 1D20+9 = [17]+9 = 26 (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=1899)
Ranged Touch: 1D20+5 = [20]+5 = 25 (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=1897)
Confirm:1D20+5 = [9]+5 = 14 (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=1898)
Damage: 2D8+1 = [3, 7]+1 = 11 (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=1897)
Critical Damage: 2D8 = [3, 5] = 8 (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=1898)
))

Geech000
2007-08-01, 06:19 PM
Krahl looks back at the dead wolf man and continues to hold onto the odd flying horse creature. I suppose we should gather as many of our dead as we can, but shouldn't we be leaving?

amanodel
2007-08-03, 07:53 AM
Butch jumps to the hippogriff behind Marcuus, and they start off immediately, since the ogres chasing Butch came already too close. Half a dozen spears fly through the air, one of them hitting Marcuus on the leg (damage 7), and another one slices a deep wound into Butch's forearm (9 damage).

Taking a cirle in the sky, the griff riders keep looking for Ely, but the small elf can't be seen anywhere. Hoping that she made it to the maing group, they start to head back to the others.

The scouting army already suffered serious losses, but suddenly two large wolfmen steps out and charge into the ogre lines. These wolfmen are the biggest you've seen, nearly matching the ogre beasts in size. The breaking bones make a thundering noise as the wolfmen clash with the ogres rushing towards your group.

Kitaran lets out another fire-y flame of destruction and chaos, nearly the whole ogre encampent is set aflame by the magician by now. Bjera, who's protecting the magician, gets hit hard by an ogre's hammer (12 damage) but succeeds in returning the strike, and draws blood from the creature with her spear.

As the fire lightens up the camp, you can see a nearly invisible small form running towards you, and you instantly reckognize Ely, who now only needs to get past the line of ogres to rejoin the group.

Yawielas
2007-08-03, 09:37 AM
Ely darts towards the main group. tumbling past the big ogres and trying to keep out of sight from them.

Geech000
2007-08-07, 12:13 PM
Krahl hangs on to the flying hippogriph and hopes that it lands soon.

Truwar
2007-08-07, 12:29 PM
Butch jabs Marcuus in the back and yells to him over the sound of the rushing wind. What do ya say ta us flyin’ down ‘n buzzin’ those ogres? Might as well give a bit more o’ a distraction fer Ely and give them lads down there some backup.

Jongluer
2007-08-07, 01:54 PM
"Certainly, just hold on!" The hippogriff goes into a dive as they come down on the ogres.

amanodel
2007-08-08, 07:32 AM
At Marcuus' order, the hippogriffs change their path, and head downwards with tremendous speed, towards the ogre lines. Holding into your flying mounts tightly, you dive down, and the hippogriffs ready their claws to attack the ogres. With the help from above, the retreating group can get a little away.

(GM will be gone until sunday or so, going to a music festival.)

amanodel
2007-08-16, 06:33 AM
(Sorry for the long waiting.)

Elysia finally makes it to the main group and joins them in retreating, which quickly turns into mindless fleeing. Luckily, the still sleepy and not too zealous ogres give up the chasing after a minute on the hard terrain. It seems they've already begun fighting amongst themselves, perhaps to fill in the now empty position of the pack leader. Soon, the magical flying mounts of Marcuus and Krahl disappear from the material plane, but by that time, both were able to land on a safe place near the main group.

You ran for around half an hour before you dare to stop and look back. None of the beasts are chasing you, and from this distance you can see the burning ogre camp, where large figures fighting with each other, roaring wildly.

Catching your breath, you notice the heavy casulties the humans and wolfmen have suffered, but it seems your mission was overally successful. You killed the ogre warchief, and took the relic from him. The humans are either crying or laughing, while the wolfmen keep up a more serious and wild emotion, howling towards the burning ogre camp, shaking the clawed fists. Bjera (DarkLady is away currently) cast healing spells on the wounded, and mourns a brief prayer to her God, giving thanks for the succes in the battle.

The relic is in Ely's palms. Looking at it, you figure out it's arather strange relic. From what the drow said to you, it's supposed to be a powerful artifact-like item. It looks like a small laughing green hedgehog. It's body is made out of jade and emerald, while it's eyes are a mixture of gold and topaz, and the spikes at it's back are made from various metals, from lead and iron to gold and mithral.

Truwar
2007-08-16, 10:22 AM
Butch grimly returns Lightpaw’s body to the other wolfmen, before turning and coming back to the others. After making sure that Elysia is alright he eyes the hedgehog and pulls out a cigar and bums a light off Encendar, puffing to get it get going then sighing in relaxation and blowing a thin stream of blue smoke out the side of his mouth.

Whelp, we got their artifact, now what do we do with ourselves?

Jongluer
2007-08-16, 11:33 AM
Marcuus checks over the group, before getting into a more comfortable position. When Butch speaks up, Marcuus says, "Well, we need to at least return the item as was requested of us, and as we agreed to do."

Geech000
2007-08-16, 11:04 PM
Krahl dismounts from the hippogriph and looks over the survivors. They had won, but there was no happiness here. With a sorrow-filled look upon his face, Krahl walks away from the others, sitting down a short ways back towards the ogre camp. He sits watching the distant fire with tears streaming down his face as he thinks about the past. For a moment there during the battle he could have believed that it had never happened, that he'd never been taken from his home.

Yawielas
2007-08-17, 01:08 AM
Ely, bruised but standing, nods. "We should return it as soon as possible."

amanodel
2007-08-17, 06:35 AM
While you take care of the injuries, either by Bjera's amgic, or more mundane ways, the wolfmen gather, and after a brief goodbye, they head for the nearby forest, and soon disappear form sight. They carry Lightpaw's corpse with them, not leaving their fallen to fed the vultures.

Santanya
2007-08-17, 08:52 AM
Kitaran

"May I see it a moment?" Kitaran asks curiously. If/WHen it is passed over, he casts a small spell and examines the small relic.

((
Casting: Detect magic and examining the relic
Spellcraft: 1D20+2 = [13]+2 = 15 (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=2004)
))

Yawielas
2007-08-17, 10:27 AM
Ely hands the relic to Kitaran, with a quick glance at Marcuus and Butch.

amanodel
2007-08-18, 09:47 AM
Kitaran studies the emerald hedgehog for a while. The first aura is almost tangible, he can feel the strong evocation in his veins. As he tries to look deeper in the magical dimension, a great number of different magics of vaious scholls and strenght jump out from the direction of the figurine's back, as if each spik was imbued with different magic. It looks like to him as if a colourful rainbow was deflected by a face of mirror, and someone woul throw small pebbles, and grains of sand into it. The numbers and cumulative stenght of these auras are overwhelming, and Kitaran nearly drops the artifact, and has to cover his eyes from the massive attack of the magical auras.

Jongluer
2007-08-18, 11:36 AM
Not being a master of the arcane arts, Marcuus turns his attention to Krahl as the large barbarian walks away. He follows him after a moment and settles down next to him, putting his hand upon the great man's shoulder he asks, "Are you ok Krahl?"

Santanya
2007-08-18, 04:53 PM
Kitaran

"Ow..." the mage says, lowering the figure, his other hand over his eyes. "Very powerful," he says after a moment, rubbing his eyes with thumb and finger. He holds the idol back out towards Ely, shaking his head a moment. "Beautiful but powerful. Something for pulling energies together, to what end I'm not sure. There's several others there too, but I can't tell much about them."

Yawielas
2007-08-18, 06:24 PM
Ely takes the hedgehog back and tucks it safely into a leather pouch, hanging it around her neck. "Well, it is an artifact, so it should be powerful, I guess."

Geech000
2007-08-20, 11:54 AM
Krahl sniffs and stares at the ground in front of him. "Krahl miss home. 'member family. New tribe good. But not same."

Jongluer
2007-08-20, 05:57 PM
Marcuus nods and says, "I'm sorry Krahl. I understand that this must've been hard for you. But I promise, I will do everything I can to return you home, and return to your old tribe. I just don't know when we will be able to do that. Is that ok?"

Truwar
2007-08-21, 09:46 AM
Butch puffs reflectively at his cigar. Whelp, looks like we got ourselves the artifact, although I aint seen much in the way o’ the loot we was promised, unless yer a bruise collector, I suppose. Now, iffin I remember correct like, we were supposed ta drop that little doo-dad off at some church or another in good ole' Seaton, right?

He nods to Kitaran and Bjera. I know the two o’ you didn’t sign yerselves up fer any o’ this, but I am guessin’ our… employers would reward ya well enough fer helpin’ us out, on accounta them wantin’ this job wrapped up, sumthin’ fierce.

Santanya
2007-08-21, 10:09 AM
Kitaran

"Well," Kitaran says, glancing to Bjera. "I don't have any other pressing matters at hand myself," he says. "And you do seem to attract such trouble," he adds chuckling. He shrugs slightly. "Its better than farming by far." He pats Encendar once, grinning at the tiny mephet. "What do you think?" he asks.

Encendar peers at Butch for a moment, eying the cigar greedily for a moment before nodding. "Stay!" he proclaims.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-08-21, 10:46 AM
Bjera

(Yes, I'm back for now.)

The dwarf woman appears quite disappointed at leaving the ogres behind to fight another day, but answers the bugbear's question with a shrug. "I'm not fond of returning to the empire. But I'm not going to abandon our fire lover either."

Geech000
2007-08-23, 01:15 PM
Krahl seems confused for a moment. I could go home. I'm free now. But they don't want you. They SOLD you! But they loved me. No. They have no need for you and you don't need them! You are better than they are! Krahl's face darkens as he replies with a snarl, "Krahl not go back. Old tribe no need Krahl. Krahl stay. Fight for new tribe. Fight for Friend Marcuus." With these last words Krahl looks at Marcuus. His cheeks are still wet from the tears, but his face is grim and determined.

amanodel
2007-08-25, 06:19 AM
After everyone's injuries have been taken care of, you follow the humans who return to their village. The trip took a little longer than it was to the ogre camp, you are were injured and terribly tired after the fight. However, the mood was better, and the time passed quickly.

It was night when you got back to the town, and the light of your torches was well visible to the villagers. Those who were awake run in front of the returning soldiers and greted them warmly, or cried when they heard that their loved ones didn't return.

The soldiers went back to their family, hile their leader reported to the town elders. You were offered a place in the tavern to spend the night and rest.

Yawielas
2007-08-25, 01:31 PM
Ely scampers off to her appointed room, and climbs into bed, cradling the artifact closely. Putting her dagger under her pillow, she only kicks off her shoes and shrugs off her cloak before going to sleep.

Jongluer
2007-08-26, 09:35 AM
Marcuus nods to Krahl, and says, "I'm glad to hear that Krahl. And I will fight for you."
When they return to the village, he settles into the offered room, removing his armor and getting ready for sleep.

Santanya
2007-08-26, 11:39 AM
Kitaran

Kitaran returns with the others, accepting the place to sleep. He spends a bit of time near the hearth, giving Encendar the chance to frollic in the flames. A few times a grin creeps across the young sorcerer's face as he thinks over the day's events, especially the beautiful flames.

amanodel
2007-08-29, 07:12 AM
The night passes peacefully, and you get up well rested. After a quick breakfast, a local druid apprentice takes care of your wounds. An errand boy comes for you, and says that the council invited you for dinner, and you should be at the elder's shack at midday.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-08-29, 11:06 AM
Bjera

Over breakfast her curiosity gets the better of her. "So what is this thing you got anyway?" she asks of the elf. "Since we risked our lives for it, might be nice to get a look at it."

Yawielas
2007-08-29, 11:29 AM
Ely shows the artifact to Bjera. "It belongs to the drows. They asked us to retrieve it for them."

Truwar
2007-08-30, 11:52 AM
Butch puffs contentedly at his cigar, sending expertly blown rings of blue smoke towards the ceiling as he sprawls in his chair. Yup, the trick’ll be makin’ sure we ken get back ta collect our winnins. I suppose that ken all wait till after we finish talkin’ ta the bigwigs o’ the villiage first….

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-08-30, 12:02 PM
Bjera

"What does it do?"

Santanya
2007-08-30, 01:13 PM
Kitaran

"Gives me a headache?" Kitaran suggests helpfully as he sits down with the others and begins picking at his breakfast. "It had a strong evocation I could feel in my veins, but past that I couldn't tell," he says, smiling slightly.

Yawielas
2007-08-30, 01:17 PM
Ely shrugs. "They didn't say. Just that it's holy."

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-08-30, 02:09 PM
Bjera looks more interested at the word 'holy'. "Consecrated to which god?" she asks.

Yawielas
2007-08-30, 04:39 PM
Ely shakes her head. "Theirs, probably. I don't know which."

amanodel
2007-08-31, 04:42 AM
Bjera knows little about the deities the darkskinned elves worship, but she knows that they simbolize them with animals, such as spider, snake, or mole. Hedgehog can easily be one of them. She knows that each of these animals simbolizes a different aspect of the life of the fugitive race of the darkelves.

As you look at the artifact, now in daylight, you can see that the spikes on the hedgehog's back are made out of different materials, and they are not embedded in the main body of the statuette strongly, as if they were removable.

amanodel
2007-09-05, 07:12 AM
Around midday an errand boy visits you ask you to follow him to the elders'.

There's a large gathering near the elder's shack, everyone is interested what happened at the ogre camp. People gather around soldiers of the vilalge, who tell stories about the battle, the ogre brutality, the flying rock, the celestial hippogriffs, showing their wounds to prove they mostly tel the trurth.

You did great work! - greets you the mayor of the town. - You did a great favour to us, which we can never repay. Our elders are pleased, and they have arranged a celebrational lunch for you. The mission woudn't have succeeded without you, so they decided to collect some reward for the foreigners who saved our town. Please, join the celebration!

The celebration very much loks like a grand lunch, and depending on what you see from these people, it looks like they love their bellies a big time. A local bard group provides music for the feast, and every now and then, a complete stranger comes over to you giving you thanks for your aid.

When the meal is over, some of the town's prominent persons talk to the gathered people, but in their native tongue, so you can't understand what are they talking about. At one time, three of the town's elders come to you, bringing a small sack, offering it to you.

We know this isn't enough to repay you, but please accept this as the gift of our people. - he hands over a sask, which contains a few items, such as shoes, cloak, gloves. Kitaran can feel that the items are ligtly imbued with magic,

Yawielas
2007-09-05, 07:34 AM
Ely shines with self conscious pride and surprise at the grand treatment they receive and the many thanks they get for participating in the fight. Such honor had rarely been bestowed upon the former slave, and she beams a shy smile at each and everyone who approaches her, eating and drinking a surprising amount for someone so small.

Santanya
2007-09-05, 10:17 AM
Kitaran

Kitaran smiles gratefully during the meal and celebration. Nodding happily to the others and telling what he saw during the fight to those that desire it. He details the flames fighting back the ogres while Bajera's spear stabbed at them, the barbarian's axe sliced them and the others fought bravely to protect their home. He does his best to keep Encendar hidden, but the mephit is easily excited by the activity and peeks out at people from his hiding place. Kitaran explains what he is to those that ask, and maintains he's docile... mostly.

He bows his head thankfully to the mayor, only peeking into the bag briefly and smiling. "Thank you," he says. "It was the right thing to do is all," he responds, smiling towards the others.

Truwar
2007-09-05, 03:18 PM
Butch slips Encendar a piece of coal, in exchange for a light and puffs happily at his cigar. Whenever he get s a chance, he plays up Light Paw and Elysia’s role in the battle as much as possible, making it seem that he was more of a bystander to their heroics, than anything else. Seeing his elven friend actually eating well, he nods in approval, thinking that it was about time she put some meat on her bones.

Jongluer
2007-09-05, 07:29 PM
Marcuus thanks the members of the town graciously, trying to avoid mentioning his role in the battle. He will humbly accept the thank yous of the town people, being sure to thank them for the wonderful food and hospitality.

amanodel
2007-09-11, 06:56 PM
In the middle of the celebration, you notice a small raven jumping around on trees, trying to get your attention. (There are about a dozen trees surrounding the main square of the town.) But whenever you'd ask someone, or would take a closer look, it flies away, or simply disappears into the trees.

When the celebration's over, and you head back to the tavern, you can see the raven again, and it's start to make you nervous. However, it disappears once again.

Up in your rooms, when you were about to sleep, you hear as if someone was knocking on the window. You heard it from Ely's room, so you go there quickly. You're maybe not really surprised when you spot a small, black raven at the window.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-09-11, 09:49 PM
Bjera

The dwarf woman, spotting the raven, opens the window. "It must be a sign from Odin," she says with the conviction of the very devout.

Yawielas
2007-09-12, 01:18 AM
Ely eyes the raven warily, and a little blearily after all the drink. "What does it want?" she asks of Bjera.

Truwar
2007-09-12, 09:06 AM
Butch casually places his bulk in front of Elysia in case it is some kind of trap then crosses to the window. Whelp there’s only one way ta check what’s in the sealed jug, so ta speak. With that he opens the window. Well? Whatcha want pal?

Santanya
2007-09-12, 10:10 AM
Kitaran

Kitaran stays near the door, watching the raven. "I've never seen one of those being good news," he says, frowning slightly as he readies himself, just in case.

Jongluer
2007-09-12, 10:48 AM
Marcuus stands nearby Ely and behind Butch, his hand gripping his bastard sword and he was sorely missing his armor and shield as Butch opened the window, he then stated questioningly, "Could it be from the drow?"

amanodel
2007-09-12, 04:51 PM
As you open the window, the Raven flies in, and settles on the floor, looking at you. When Marcuus mentions the drows, the raven jumps up turning around in mid-air, and as it lands down, you can see a black elf instead of a black raven.

The black elf stands up, and smiles at Marcuus with a grin.

Yes it could be. Sorry for disappointing you, madam.

You notice that this drow is the same who gave Ely the magical amulet before departing from the undermountain. He is dressed in black leather armor with a long black shirt pulled over it, looking like a buch of feathers.

Truwar
2007-09-13, 11:34 AM
Butch grunts at the sight of the drow and grumbles almost inaudibly under his breath. Looks like it was a jug o’ cow doins… In a louder voice he addresses the suave dark elf. Well, ya here ta pick up the merchandise? I thought we had ta haul our backsides back ta Seaton City, not that I mind ya savin’ us the shoe leather, ya see. It’s jist that changes o’ plan make me jumpy.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-09-13, 11:46 AM
Bjera

"See, a sign," she says confidently as the drow appears in the room. She settles down to listen to the conversation, not really feeling it her place to get involved in the prior deals of her new companions.

Santanya
2007-09-13, 12:07 PM
Kitaran

Kitaran whistles slightly as the dark elf changes. He stays back, but marvels at the ability, mutter a few words quietly under his breath and peering at the elf for a few moments.

((Casting Detect Magic, that was a nifty trick after all!))

Yawielas
2007-09-13, 02:19 PM
Ely smiles shyly at the drow. "Hello. We got your artifact."

amanodel
2007-09-13, 04:53 PM
The darkelf smiles at Ely. - I know. But keep it. It is attuned to our people, if I take the artifact, it's power could be located from far away. So the plan remains, dear bugbear.

I was just looking out for you, and warn you that imperial and other diviners already know too much, better act quickly. Do you know how it works?

Kitaran can sense moderate transmutation, altough he couldn't identify the spell. Also, the drow seems to carry some minor magic items on his body.

Truwar
2007-09-14, 12:07 PM
Butch pulls a cigar out, slips Encendar a small piece of bribery coal from a pouch that he now carries constantly and irritably puffs a cloud of smoke towards the ceiling. Yeah, well that’ll be my fault. Ya see, when we swiped the ancient artifact of hedghogginess from the ogre boos, I plum forgot ta grab the ancient artifact instruction manual. Got a spare?

Santanya
2007-09-14, 12:37 PM
Kitaran

Kitaran chuckles as Encendar glees over the piece of coal, cradling it to his tiny chest in happiness and exclaiming "Mine! Mine!"

Kitaran looks up to the elf, raising his eyebrow. "Other than nearly blinding myself with it, I was unable to determine much," he says, stepping forward. He whistles slightly under his breath as he looks over the elf, cocking his head curiously. "What all does it do?"

Yawielas
2007-09-14, 01:13 PM
Ely shakes her head. "I don't know..." She smiles a little at Butch's comment.

amanodel
2007-09-14, 04:07 PM
The black elf doesn't even frowns at Butch's comments.

The hedgehog can grant simple wishes. One has to pull out a spike and depending on what type of spike he pulled, his wish comes true. All the different metals symbolize something. Gold is fo wealth, iron is for combat, brass is for magic, and so on.

But be careful. After each use, it needs to rest for ten days, and until then, you can't pull out any more spikes. But we're not sure how it really works, it was last for centuries, and the scrolls detailing it's proper use are lost. Our wise women say that it should be a glass spike to use at the Setonian oracle chamber.

But even when not used in this fashion, it makes one luckier, our elders say.

But beware, each person can only use it once without risks. The hedgehog doesn't like to be abused.

The dark elf explains what he knows about the artifact, sitting on the edge of Ely's bed. He looks at the small fire mephit while talking, the little creature fascinates the black elf. You realize that the elf never introduced himself, and he doesn't seem to careabout that.

Truwar
2007-09-17, 11:57 AM
So…. Whatcher sayin’ is that all we gotta do is take this here little hedgepiggy ta the heart o’ the Setonian Empire WHILE the Emperor’s pet diviners are tryin’ ta find us, THEN we go ta the selfsame place these diviners, that ya say are doin’ their best ta find out where we’re a hidin’, then pull out the piggy’s glass spike n’ hope that everything works out... then we gotta figure out how ta leave there with our hides in one piece. Is that jist about the jist o’ it?

Butch puffs irritably at his cigar. The reward fer this suicide mission better be pretty dang fabulous, iffin we manage ta come back n’ collect it, that is. By the way, what about our new pals here? I aint sure iffin they even want at hith theirselves ta this sucide mission but iffin they do, they better get a piece o’ that reward we were promised.

Yawielas
2007-09-17, 12:50 PM
Ely smiles a little. "Sounds....exciting."

Santanya
2007-09-17, 01:04 PM
Kitaran

Kitaran listens intently, tilting his head slightly. "Rather interesting," he says, tilting his head. "That would be a rather powerful item then," he says quietly. He raises an eyebrow at the talk of the Setonian oracle chamber, looking to the others curiously.

amanodel
2007-09-20, 07:19 AM
The black elf looks at Butch, studying the expression of the bugbear.

It won't be easy. And altough I can't help you directly, I will be following you in the shadows, and assisting you inderictly. My job is to make your path as easy as possible.

The black elf looks up from the corner of the bed to Butch's eyes with his blood-red eyes.

And don't worry my kind bugbear; the reward will be indeed... - he pausues for a moment, thinking - 'pretty dang fabolous'. - he says with a smiling grin.

Doh. I replied to this thread at least two days ago, and now I looked at it, and found that for some reasons, my post is lost. So here it is, again.

Truwar
2007-09-21, 09:54 AM
Butch grunts sourly again, for some reason he simply could not put his finger on, this dark elf REALLY annoyed him. Whelp, I guess we gotta know a few things before we go a chragin’ pell mell inta the heart o’ the empire.

First, do these diviner fellas know what we look like? Getting’ back inta Seaton City is gonna be tough enough fer a pack o’ “escaped slaves” but iffin they know our mugs by sight, well then, we might be in fer a heap more trouble.

Seconds, where the heck is Seaton in relation t a where we are? This whole mystical portal business has got me all turned about. If we got ourselves a long haul back ta Seaton, we might want ta get ourselves some transportation.

Geech000
2007-09-21, 11:24 PM
Krahl listens from the doorway, trying to keep up with the conversation.

((Sorry, I've been busy with classes.))

Jongluer
2007-09-23, 03:22 PM
Marcuus nods in agreement to Butch, while planning on using his wish to ensure the elves freedom, he had no other reason to use it.

Yawielas
2007-09-23, 03:24 PM
Ely smiles and looks about to clap her hands at the mention of the reward. "Good."

Santanya
2007-09-26, 01:44 AM
Kitaran

Kitaran nods slightly as Butch speaks. Entering wouldn't be AS difficult for himself and Bjera it sounded like, but the others apparently had a past there. He crooks his arm, whistling softly at Encendar who jumps up in it, still cradling the coal. Kitaran carefully lights the piece, watching Encendar with it as he listens.

amanodel
2007-09-30, 08:03 AM
(Sorry, I couldn't reach the internet for a few days.)

Seaton is a long journey from here, and you have to pass the mountains again, venture through the High Plains, and get past another mountain, or venture into the land of the Feherloo tribes, and then get to Seaton thourgh the Hard Coast. Neither can be called a safe route.

As far as I know, your identity has not been revealed to the Empire's diviners, so you should feel safe from them.

I have to go now. - says the darkelf shortly, and spinning around, he turns into a raven again, and flies out of the window. Just as he disappeared, you hear soft knocks on the door, and a young servant maid enters the room, asking if she can be at your service. She looks at your group with amazement, your deeds are already well-known in the village. She blushes when she looks at Marcuus,and tilts her head down. idly looking at the ground.

Jongluer
2007-09-30, 03:46 PM
Marcuus shakes his head and says, "I do not need anything for the moment, I am unsure of the rest of the group however..." He glances towards them.

Yawielas
2007-10-01, 01:19 AM
Ely was about to speak when the dark elf turned into a raven and flew off. She looks to the girl and shakes her head. "No, thank you." She glance to the window again, wishing she'd asked his name. Idly, she fingers the amulet hanging around her neck.

Geech000
2007-10-02, 06:17 AM
Krahl idly shakes his head. "Krahl not need." He says, still staring after the magic raven-elf. The mention of his homeland had thrown the orc's mind into confusion.

((Is that supposed to be 'or venture' rather than 'our venture'? We have two options for routes.))

Santanya
2007-10-02, 09:46 AM
Kitaran

Kitaran blinks slightly as the elf vacates, staring after him for a moment. It takes him a moment to catch up with the rest of the conversation of the young woman, but he smiles and shakes his head. "I am fine as well," he says, chuckling softly and nodding to her. Encendar chimes in with a small giggle of glee as he holds the flaming ember.

"Things are going to get interesting, aren't they," he says, raising his brow to the others.

Truwar
2007-10-02, 10:35 AM
Thanks anyhow lass, I think we’re all jist peachy here. Too bad our “friend didn’t give us one o’ them fancy jackets. Woulda made getting’ ta Seaton a mite bit easier. Seeing Elysia finger the amulet, Butch turns and pretends to be looking out the window as he goes on in a brusque voice. Whelp, maybe we can get ourselves some horses from these folks.

We seem ta be “heroes, after all. He invests the word hero with a bit of irony. It’ll make coverin’ ground a whole heap o’ a lot easier and we got ourselves a heck uva patch o’ ground ta cover if were gonna haul our suicidal backsides back ta Seaton City.

amanodel
2007-10-03, 03:12 PM
The maid can't understand you well enough, but when she hears Butch mentioning horses, she nods, and quickly runs away, leaving you alone in Ely's room once again.

It was meant to be "or", not "our". My finger slipped, or something.

Geech000
2007-10-03, 04:23 PM
Krahl sits down in a corner of the room and starts talking to himself quietly in Feher.

For those that understand Feher:
He is talking to himself about whether or not he wants to return to his homeland and his old tribe.

amanodel
2007-10-09, 04:10 AM
The maid leaves but the black elf doesn't returns. You feel tired, and you decide to sleep. Nothing disturbs you during the night, and you wake up early in the morning. As you head down to the main hall of the small tavern, you see that the locals got you horses, and tied them to a tree in front of the tavern. You are ready to leave, is you wish to, you can continue your journey right now. Many of the villagers are up too in the morning, and gathered to say farewell to you. Some of them bring you fruits, flasks of wine, and salted meat more than enough for a week's journey. The weather is cold, but clear, it seems to be well suited for travelling.

Yawielas
2007-10-09, 04:43 AM
Ely looks up at her new horse, craning her neck. She looks a little sceptical, but takes the reins and leads the horse over to a fence, then climbs up. Then she looks at her bags still on the ground. "Ah....uhm...Could someone hand me those?"

Truwar
2007-10-09, 08:41 AM
Butch chuckles and hands Elysia’s bag up to her. When he turns to his mount, it eyes him with the same level of skepticism that the elf eyed her horse with. Sorry boyo, but I’ll make sure ya get a bit o’ extra grain every night, besides I aint QUITE as heavy as I look. Still chuckling he swings up into the saddle. So, are we ready ta get movin’ towards certain doom, or what?

Yawielas
2007-10-09, 10:21 AM
Ely smiles at Butch. "Thank you. Sure, let's ride." She ties the bags to her saddle, and grips the reins. "Uhm...Which way is certain doom?"

Santanya
2007-10-09, 11:06 AM
Kitaran

Kitaran rises shortly after, wandering out among the other living after packing his belongings back into his pack. "Good morning," he says, eying the horses with a slight smile. "Most wonderful," he says, approaching one slowly and petting its nose for a moment.

He glances towards Butch. "It couldn't be that bad, could it?" he asks, grinning slightly. "Doom only comes if everything is only stone or steel." He begins carefully securing his belongings to the horse, getting ready to leave with the others.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2007-10-09, 11:11 AM
Bjera

The dwarf is in good spirits after her morning rituals, even going so far as to make a joke. "I believe Certain Doom is a small hamlet a day's journey east of the capitol. Although that might be Sudden Doom. My knowledge of the Empire's geography is quite limited."

Truwar
2007-10-09, 11:35 AM
Butch can’t help but grin at the gallow’s humor of his companions at least he was going on a suicide mission with a decent bunch. Yeah, well Certain Doom’s got a better inn than Sudden Doom. Sudden Doom’s beer tastes like hog’s piss. So which way do we head, to the Hard Coast or the High Plains? And what the heck are the Felerboob Tribes?

Geech000
2007-10-09, 02:40 PM
Krahl is still confused the next morning and takes his time getting up. He comes out in time to hear the tail end of the conversation. "Feherloo," he snarls, correcting Butch and obviously not very happy about it. He quickly picks out a horse and climbs into the saddle with ease."You call savages, orcs, nomads. Old tribe, Tribe Jungar, is Feherloo. New tribe no is Feherloo." He holds the reins lightly in one hand while guiding the horse out and glaring sullenly at Butch.

Truwar
2007-10-09, 03:33 PM
Butch raises an eyebrow at Krahl then takes a cigar from his coat. Sheesh, Krahl don’t getchyer panties all snarled up, I aint exactly whatch ya’d call widely traveled.. at least not until I pulled the scramsky from Seton City so I’d never heard o’ where ya come from. Sorry iffin’ I put a bee in yer craw.

His well bribed lighter tucked securely inside it’s master’s coat, Butch is forced to use a flint to light his cigar instead on Encendar. But what do ya think ole’ buddy? Is goin’ through yer old stompin’ ground a good idea?

Geech000
2007-10-09, 08:00 PM
Krahl's shoulders slump and he eyes the ground, saddened by his outburst. "Krahl sorry. Not mean be angry. Krahl take tribe through Feherloo lands if want." In the back of his mind, Krahl is still outraged. He deserves no apology! City folk must be taught to respect the might of the Feherloo. Butch is a friend. I should not have yelled at him like that. He is not Feherloo, you are. Remember that.