PDA

View Full Version : Crisis situation - NWoD

Project_Mayhem
2010-06-21, 06:38 AM
Last night my group ended the session on a cliffhanger, as our Storyteller had to run off and catch a train, and I'm looking for general advice as to how to survive the situation I was left in.

To just summarise the context, we recently found out that the Seers of the Throne (evil secret society), who are far more elusive and subtle in this campaign, have been using a powerful Spirit court to shred the souls of mages and turn them into crazed banishers (terrified and powerful magic fearing psychos). They've been using them to harass the Pentacle (the good guys) for a year or so now, and they seem to be perfecting the process, as the banishers are getting more and more powerful.

So, we worked this out, found out who the seers were, and forces from all over Britain began a purge on the city they were based in. My job was recon - running over rooftops and reporting on locations of mages and banishers.

Unfortunately, at the end of the session, I got tricked and knocked unconscious by a 'friend' who I recently found out was a seer. The PCs and nearby NPCs couldn't catch him before he teleported away, at which point we ended the session.

So tl;dr - the seers have me.

Now, my character is a mastigos, and my available arcana are Space 4, Mind 2, Matter 2. Skill wise, I'm an exceptional thief and free runner/parkour expert - my job is stealing for the Mysterium. My Abilities are Physically superb, but I'm not very smart. As I'm unconscious, I'm in my dreamscape, so have a while to think about what to do.

Basically, I want to survive this - any advice or thoughts on what might happen would be welcomed. I can provide any more context thats required.

Chineselegolas
2010-06-21, 07:20 AM
Guessing they won't leave you alone for an hour (If Gnosis 3) so can't space portal out of there (Need space 5 to instant it). Voice from Afar (Mind 2, MtA 210) to try and give your friends your location, a few words at a time.

Scry (Space 2, MtA 235) with Apportation (Space 2, MtA 234) to send a note back to your Sanctum for your friends to find. Or to pull a useful item though, like a weapon or something of the like.

Assuming if thief you have some ranks in larceny, pull an old fashioned break out, picking locks, sticking to shadows, etc. If lacking in skills, Gain Skill (Mind 2, Free Council 111)

Alter Aura (Mind 2, MtA 207) could be very helpful if they question you mundanely, while checking aura for emotion. Or if you claim to be willing to sell your friends out in exchange for freedom.

These are ideas off the top of my head as to how you could try and get out. But I'm not so good of a mage, I know there are many better ways to use it to achieve ends.

Project_Mayhem
2010-06-21, 07:35 AM
Well, of course, with space 4 I can simply teleport. However, I'm guessing I'll come too in a dead magic zone. They certainly have the resources, as the woman we think is thier leader is probably a Master or Adept of Space, Mind and Prime. A breakout is something I've considered - if they leave me in a situation where I can try it, I will - My dex and larceny are 5 each, and I have a speciality of breaking into places.

What I'm hoping, is that the seer who used to be friend makes the mistake of speaking to me first, alone. He definitely has an item imbued with dead zone, because he used it to catch me.