PDA

View Full Version : Hellsworn Blesesing + twin strike

gyan42
2010-06-21, 09:39 AM
Hi! I am playing my first 4e campaign as a half elf warlock. We just hit level 5 and I am looking at the daily powers. One that I noticed in the character builder is Hellsworn Blessing: grant an ally darkvision, +2 to attack, and +2d8 fire damage to all melee attacks.

Am I reading this right? Because it seems hella strong. I also have shadowfel gloves. Can this extra 1d6 count towards the blessing damage?

With a melee ranger in the party using twin strike, this would amount to 2 x [3d8 (w+HB)+1d6(gloves) ]+1d8 (quarry), for average damage per round of 38 with an AT WILL??

I understand it's a daily, but when our sorcerer crit with dazzling ray it was still only 45, and that's one time, not every round for the rest of the encounter.

If you add in a Warlord (which we have) that can give the ranger another basic attack at +6 damage, the dpr is absurd for our level.

Am I missing something here or did I just stumble upon a poorly balanced ability from a magazine?

Also, can other classes than rangers dual wield and make two attacks in 4e? Is there just an attack bonus or is twin strike the only two weapon at will attack?

daemonfrog
2010-06-21, 09:42 AM
It's cause it's 4e. 4e is designed to play much faster, so combat will wlmost always be over in a few rounds either way.