PDA

View Full Version : (4e) Class with lots of fear powers?

Blazen
2010-06-21, 05:44 PM
I want to test out the new Dragonborn presented in the latest Dragon mag. It gains a fear power in place of Dragon breath. Are there any classes that can work well with Dragonborn that have lots of fear powers?

Lord Vampyre
2010-06-21, 07:57 PM
Try playing an assassin. Assassins have quite a number of fear based powers.

Blazen
2010-06-21, 08:06 PM
Maybe, but Assasins and Dragonborn don't really mesh, do they? I was considering either Warlock, or Ardent, but don't really know what kind of warlock would work best.

The_Pyre
2010-06-22, 08:05 AM
Well, dragonborn do get a Cha bonus, which is an Assassin secondary stat. Not completely optimized, but I play with a dragonborn swordmage and sometimes ability scores don't determine what's playable.

I haven't checked the Bard, but I assume it has a couple worth using.

Gryffon
2010-06-22, 09:13 AM
Just a quick search through the compendium seems to say that the Warlock has the most abilities with the Fear keyword. Though it looks like most classes have at least a few abilities with Fear.

DragonBaneDM
2010-06-22, 11:35 AM
Grab some Screaming Armor, a Dread Weapon or pull some feats to pick up an Orb of Crystalline Terror. Orb of Draconic Majesty also fits well.

These are all items that either have or augment a fear attack.

Go Starlock, Dire Radiance has fear attached to it.

EDIT:

There's a steady flow of warlock fear powers up till 7th level. After that though, they drop out until 17...which is weird to say the least. So I'd consider MCing if you want this to work.

Assassin might work... I'd go Paladin though, it's ridiculous how well it works, and you can pick up Student of Caiphon!

Siegel
2010-06-22, 11:40 AM
Ardent would mesh decently good with Dragonborn and has Fear Effects

Master_Rahl22
2010-06-22, 12:58 PM
I'd go with Warlock. There are several feats/items designed for Dragonborn Locks, and it's just a fun class.