PDA

View Full Version : For Gold And Glory, Dood! [IC]

The Bellmaker
2010-06-21, 06:21 PM
The Gilded Dagger. A particularly popular inn in a town so small that is known only as The Crossroads. Tending mostly to the 'Wandering Hero' demographic, the town holds only the inn, a small merchant's sector, and a blacksmith, seeming more a trading post than anything else.

The sign above the inn's door depicts a particularly ornate jeweled and runed dagger, with a hilt of gold, along with the name of the inn in remarkably neat painted letters. The rest of the building is similarly well-built and well-kept, though not particularly ostentatious.

The main room of the inn is, in keeping with it's target patrons' expectations and desires, a suitably shadowy barroom, with...more dark corners than one would reasonably expect from a typical rectangular building. in a few of them, whispered conversations are being held between enigmatic cloaked men and small groups of heavily armed mercenar-...ahem, heroes.

You find yourself here, just beginning your own journey into the wider world of adventure, sitting at a table with three other figures in a similar position to yourself. Though you know naught of their motivations, they seem...colourful enough, and, luck beyond luck, each has broached the topic of travelling together simultaneously with yourself!

The only questions remaining to you are where you shall travel first, and what you shall call yourselves. A number of interesting rumours have been circulating around the inn, and any one of them could prove to be the stepping stone towards your own goals!

It is said that there is considerable consternation to the south, in the capital, where there is said to be some manner of trouble involving the Royal family. Varying reports claim the Duke to have fallen ill, gone mad, or even been assassinated, and some believe that the bastard son of his brother may be somehow involved with whatever trouble is manifesting itself. All accounts agree only that all is not well.

To the east, of course, war is brewing with Pel Brolenon, and an enterprising soul may find all manner of opportunities. Word has it that scouts and spies are needed by the army, and that Orc and Goblin slavers are taking advantage of the chaos and stepping up their raids.

To the west are the lands of Baron Uther, Lord of Laus. It is a much less common story, told in hushed whispers, that a new religious sect has incited a revolution among the peasantry, despite Lord Uther's noble rule and just nature. One man whispered of the 'Void' before being hushed quickly by his neighbor. The conversation rapidly changed, after that.

Of course, tales of lost treasure and ancient ruins are common throughout the Duchy, and to the north an old ruined monastary is said to lie somewhere to the west of great Mount Erolpex, itself a legend for the hidden caverns said to be held within, filled with gold and gems. Judging by the disappearance rate of adventurous types in the area, there may just be something to the rumours.

Saudade56
2010-06-22, 08:05 PM
"Like I was saying doods, we should head toward Laus in the west. If there are indeed... demons..." Prinpeticus practically spits the word out, "coming through the void then they'll need all the help they can get! Plus, I can only think of one thing they would be coming through for..." The prinny ends cryptically, not wanting to say to much. The Great Gelato is a magnificent and powerful artifact after all, able to sate hunger at incredible rates- he reminds himself to be wary of divulging too much. Agents of the void lie everywhere.

"If not to the west then the east. War and slaver doods are there that require a firm smacking with my flipper!" The prinny does the motion as he speaks, his fervor escalating as he does so, "A kick right up the arse with my peg! A hammer to their noses, leading to a massive nosebleed! Gah! Let's get going doods!"

Sir Prinwarth jumps up from the table, sword held high, and runs out of the establishment. A few moments later he walks back in, composed, and sits down as if nothing happened.

The-Mage-King
2010-06-22, 08:13 PM
"Hm. Though I know that those poor souls in the east need my mighty blade to aid them, I say nay. We strike South! To depo- Er, to aid the Duke in his time of need!" Neil says in response, slamming his mug of ale onto the table, and getting looks from around other tables for the noise.

"Sorry."

Kira_the_5th
2010-06-22, 08:26 PM
Hey, it's my flippers and pegs that'll be doing the smacking, dood! Besides, I say north is the best, where we can live like kings once we find the treasure. Then, we can steamroll the rest of the places by the power of our wealth, dood! After all, as they said down below, "Money makes the netherworld go 'round." dood! Prinn Lee says, looking at Sir Prinwarth.

Admiral Squish
2010-06-22, 09:02 PM
Arvbrand lay on the back of Heidrun, the shaggy goat chewing idly on a napkin as he relaxes on her back, puffing idly at a pipe. "Duuuude... No need to get so riled up, man. It's all cool, dudes. Why we even need to pick again? Let's just go. You create your own reality, dudes. Go with the flow, do your own thing." He replied, letting out wisps of smoke as he spoke, then suddenly looking inquiringly around the table. "You guys want a hit of this?"

The-Mage-King
2010-06-22, 09:08 PM
"...No thanks." Neil replies, looking at the other non-prinny with some not small amount of WTF.

Saudade56
2010-06-22, 09:58 PM
"But... slavers... demons... war... and stuff" Prinpeticus struggles with his fellow prinnies words. Surely if they had money they could help more people in need. Not even to mention the experience! But... "Dood..." Frantically, he shakes his head, thinking about justice.
"But the slavers might be gone by the time we get there! The treasure isn't going anywhere. Plus, it's been there for a while hasn't it? What if there are big traps dood! We'd be doomed! I say we fight stuff that can hit back." Sir Prinwarth ends confidently, a courageous smile on his beak.

Remembering his other companions previous offer, he waves no with his flipper.

Admiral Squish
2010-06-24, 05:27 PM
Arvbrand shrugs and takes another drag on the pipe. "Slavers, man... Those guy really mess up my vibes. People gotta be free, dude." He comments. "And war's just wrong, man. It's all just negative energy, just tearing people apart when they should be comin' together. And it's all about greed, man! Those big politicians exploiting the people just so they can make a quick buck... Major bad vibes, man." He complained, gesturing with the pipe as he went.

The-Mage-King
2010-07-12, 10:26 PM
"Then it's settled! To the south! For candle wicks!"

Kira_the_5th
2010-07-13, 08:14 AM
Heh, oh well. At least it's better than just sitting around in the opening cutscene all day, dood. Prinn Lee says, getting up from his chair. Let's head south, dood.

Saudade56
2010-07-13, 10:43 PM
"Doods, I'm ready! Let's get a move on!"

Prinpeticus charges out of the bar, sword held high... again.

The Bellmaker
2010-07-20, 01:32 PM
Having, after quite some time, finally decided on a destination, you begin walking south, heading towards Yelden. After a fairly uneventful walk south, you see the walls of a keep rising in the distance, and, drawing ever closer, you come upon a crowd of people clustered in front of a nondescript stone building. They seem to be ridiculing the man in the pillory on a roped-off platform in front of the building. A peddler is selling rotten vegetables to the crowd. The mob is taking up the entire road, as well as the small grassy field in front of the platform. You see a few armed guards keeping an eye on the crowd, and making sure no-one presses too far forward.

It's well into the afternoon.

Kira_the_5th
2010-07-20, 08:11 PM
Ooh, I haven't seen a good fruit pelting in a while. Prinn Lee says, observing the spectacle. Any of you have any cash I can buy some tomatoes with, dood?