PDA

View Full Version : class of 2010

DragonsAion
2010-06-21, 08:29 PM
so any thoughts on the new pathfinder classes? The Alchemist looks like it's going to be a "blast" to play.

Farseer Lolotea
2010-06-22, 01:37 AM
so any thoughts on the new pathfinder classes? The Alchemist looks like it's going to be a "blast" to play.I'm currently at work on writing an adventure. One of the NPCs is a witch.

DragonsAion
2010-06-22, 01:47 AM
their hex power looks like fun and its an at-will to boot

Stone Heart
2010-06-22, 03:19 AM
The Oracles look interesting to me, spontaneous divine casters intrigue me. I also like the curse thing, its the flaws are interesting and made up for, but give the character, well, character.

Kaiyanwang
2010-06-22, 07:58 AM
so any thoughts on the new pathfinder classes? The Alchemist looks like it's going to be a "blast" to play.

The alchemist seems to me the most interesting and original of the new classes so far.

I want to try a one -shot with my friends featuring alchemists as the only "caster" class of the campaign.

Akal Saris
2010-06-22, 08:24 AM
Summoner is pretty much the perfect class for me - it's exactly what I want to play in most games.

The final playtest of the alchemist is pretty sweet too, though it lacks a specific role to play besides damage. I'm surprised PF still hasn't released any trap-finding classes besides the rogue actually.

Knight I'm ambivalent about, but it's not a bad class. Just not as streamlined or powerful as the paladin.

Not too excited about the oracle, witch, or inquisitor. I have an oracle NPC in my current game who's the party healer, and one of my PCs is enjoying his witch character, but they're not that innovative really.

DragonsAion
2010-06-22, 09:50 AM
Alchemist i guess is the jack of all trades type.

I like the fact that it can get a +4 to STR, DEX, or CON for a mere -2 to INT, WIS, CHA. For DEX that’s and added +2 to your AC plus the bonus +2 to AC you get for just using the ability.

What really gets me though is the fact that the alchemist can copy form a wizards spellbook but a wizard can't do the same.

DragonsAion
2010-06-22, 01:49 PM
WOW, 300 plus looks and only 6 posts. Well if you don't know anything about the new classes then here is the link to them.

d20PFSRD.com look under advanced players guide.

I really would like to know what others think about the up coming classes.

The-Mage-King
2010-06-22, 02:04 PM
Eh... I like the Inquisitor, just for the name, and the fact that they have Stealth on their class skill list, as well as Invisiblity on their spell list...

You know what's said...

arguskos
2010-06-22, 02:31 PM
Artificer (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/basic-classes/artificer).

I am surprised no one's mentioned this fellow yet. It's 3rd Party material for Pathfinder, and it interests me somewhat, especially as you can create a gun that does something like heals someone, melts some other dude, and lets you fly all at once (4 times a day at level 5 nonetheless!). This sounds most excellent.

DragonsAion
2010-06-22, 02:46 PM
Artificer is an odd one to me but your right it does look fun. I think that you could make a sword that on a hit could cast inflict major wounds on top of doing 1d6 fire damage.

From what i've seen the Inquisitor is the "you'll be dead in three rounds" class.
their judgements are godly.

The-Mage-King
2010-06-22, 02:49 PM
Artificer is an odd one to me but your right it does look fun. I think that you could make a sword that on a hit could cast inflict major wounds on top of doing 1d6 fire damage.

From what i've seen the Inquisitor is the "you'll be dead in three rounds" class.
their judgements are godly.

And... Unexpected.

DragonsAion
2010-06-22, 03:19 PM
unexpected how?

The-Mage-King
2010-06-22, 03:31 PM
*Shifty look*

You don't know the joke?

Here, this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAn7baRbhx4) will enlighten you.

sofawall
2010-06-22, 03:34 PM
unexpected how?

Someone clearly has not seen enough Monty Python, and also decided not to Google "Inquisitior Unexpected".

Susano-wo
2010-06-22, 03:37 PM
The Summoner looks freak sweet! Final Fantasy X style summoner minus multiple summon summons. A lot more impressive than a badger, no matter how big their halo :P

Telonius
2010-06-22, 04:15 PM
Someone clearly has not seen enough Monty Python, and also decided not to Google "Inquisitior Unexpected".

After all, no one expects a D&D player to be ignorant of the joke.

DragonsAion
2010-06-22, 04:46 PM
I'm going to go sit in the corner now.

I know the joke it was just......well unexpected. To add to the sadness I will admit, even if I shouldn't, that I hadn't seen the Holy Grail until about 2 years ago.

Aeromyre
2010-06-22, 07:48 PM

Alchemist as in, Edward Elric Alchemist?
I've always wanted to play a FMA d20

Greenish
2010-06-22, 07:51 PM
Alchemist as in, Edward Elric Alchemist?Alchemist as in "a guy who makes weird cocktails and drinks them".

Aeromyre
2010-06-22, 07:57 PM
Alchemist as in "a guy who makes weird cocktails and drinks them".

...well that's lame lol

veovius
2010-06-22, 08:15 PM
...well that's lame lol

That sounds like 80% of the people who post on Texts-From-Last-Night! :smallbiggrin:

Greenish
2010-06-22, 08:15 PM
...well that's lame lolBecause casting spells by drawing weird circles is so manly.

JGoldenberg
2010-06-22, 08:17 PM
Because casting spells by drawing weird circles is so manly.

+1

And these Alchemists make bombs too, you can't forget that. I love making Delayed Explosive Bombs. I can clear a room.

And it reminds me of a quote.

"I love the smell of burning zombie in the morning, in the afternoon, in the evening, hell any time really. Sometimes the sickly sweet aroma of teammate fills the air, but I figure that's just a bonus."
- Con

Enix18
2010-06-22, 09:28 PM
I like the Alchemist class. My brother and I are currently playing in a Pathfinder campaign, and his Kobold Alchemist has proved very effective. The area damage is nice, and the infusions—while nothing compared to the sheer power of a wizard—can be pretty nifty on short notice.

We've even developed an interesting combat tactic involving his Alchemist and my Orc Cleric. After having quite a bit of trouble with some annoying rat swarms, we decided that I would dive into the swarm of rats to keep them occupied and off the squishier party members (Ranger and Rogue), and then he would continuously bombard me with explosives until the rats were dead. It was surprisingly effective. :smallbiggrin:

Akal Saris
2010-06-22, 10:04 PM
Because casting spells by drawing weird circles is so manly.

And another +1 on top of that :smalltongue:

Warpwolf16
2010-06-22, 10:55 PM
lol, Alchemist and the third party Artificer are two of my favorite classes so far. I had a Artifcer who didnt last long, who was slightly insane, tended to talk to himself, and liked chew on choins to make sure they were the real deal. My alchemist was a tad bit independent, liked wide brimmed hats, and was heavy in the alchemy skill! The Artificer was a dwarf and The Alchemist was a half elf.

Good times dungeon running with the ability to shoot lightning and cause fires with out being a spell caster!

DragonsAion
2010-06-23, 12:42 PM
The Alchemist and the third party Artificer are fun to play.

Question on the Alchemist being able to copy spells from a wizards spell book. would he be limited in what spells he can copy?

subject42
2010-06-23, 03:25 PM
We have a werebear inquisitor in our party right now. Mechanically speaking, they're amazing in long-running fights.

You just need to make sure that your player understands that those timers reset if they leave the fight.

DragonsAion
2010-06-23, 03:31 PM
werebear inquisitor? why? why would you do that! do you know how wrong that is?

Doc Roc
2010-06-23, 03:33 PM
Alchemist as in, Edward Elric Alchemist?
I've always wanted to play a FMA d20

Working on the preliminary concepting stuff for that, actually. Let me know if you want to help.

veovius
2010-06-23, 04:26 PM
werebear inquisitor? why? why would you do that! do you know how wrong that is?

I swear, I was scanning the page and I thought you said Carebear Inquisitor :smallbiggrin:!

"Now I'm going to count down to zero and you'll tell me everything....Carebear countdown! 5,....4,.....3,.....2,......1....!!!"

Siosilvar
2010-06-23, 04:47 PM
I swear, I was scanning the page and I thought you said Carebear Inquisitor :smallbiggrin:!

"Now I'm going to count down to zero and you'll tell me everything....Carebear countdown! 5,....4,.....3,.....2,......1....!!!"

*giant rainbow streaks across the sky*

And now for something completely different.