PDA

View Full Version : (3.5) Incantrix Feats

Erts
2010-06-21, 09:58 PM
Well, the title says it all.
I'm going Wizard 5/Incantrix 10/Archmage 5.

Any suggestions for feats, be they metamagic or otherwise?
Thanks,
Erts

Keld Denar
2010-06-21, 10:02 PM
Well, you need Spell Focus in 2 flavors, along with Skill Focus: Spellcraft. Then, you need as many metamagic feats as you can squeeze in and an Arcane Thesis for your favorite spell (Orb of Fire or Enervation).

sofawall
2010-06-21, 10:05 PM
I don't know how the mispselling got started, but it is Incantatrix.

Keld Denar
2010-06-21, 10:10 PM
Or Incantatar if you are a dood. The book uses the feminine version.

PId6
2010-06-21, 10:10 PM
Extend Spell -> Persistent Spell
Twin Spell -> Easy Metamagic (Twin Spell)
Quicken Spell -> Easy Metamagic (Quicken Spell)
Maximize Spell -> Easy Metamagic (Maximize Spell)
Arcane Thesis (Orb of Force or Enervation)
Empower Spell
Split Ray
Repeat Spell
Invisible Spell
Item Familiar (+Spellcraft)

Practical Metamagic can substitute for (or augment) Easy Metamagic if you take Spontaneous Divination.

Keld Denar
2010-06-21, 10:14 PM
Arcane Thesis (Orb of Force)

Eh, I'd bypass this one. Orb of Force caps at 10d6 and doesn't have a rider effect. Orb of Fire (with Searing Spell) is a much better buy since its caps at 15d6 dice and has a save vs daze, a REALLY strong condition. If you are gonna be stacking on a ton of Metamagic, you want that higher cap, and one more metamagic feat isn't gonna kill ya.

PId6
2010-06-21, 10:22 PM
Eh, I'd bypass this one. Orb of Force caps at 10d6 and doesn't have a rider effect. Orb of Fire (with Searing Spell) is a much better buy since its caps at 15d6 dice and has a save vs daze, a REALLY strong condition. If you are gonna be stacking on a ton of Metamagic, you want that higher cap, and one more metamagic feat isn't gonna kill ya.
Well, Mettle can hurt, but I see your point.

I've always preferred Wings of Flurry for my Incantatrixes. Sorcerers blow stuff up with way more style. :smallcool:

Thurbane
2010-06-22, 03:19 AM
Or Incantatar if you are a dood. The book uses the feminine version.
Eric Incantona? Goooooal! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etAwiDwZHQc) :smallbiggrin:

GoodbyeSoberDay
2010-06-22, 03:30 AM
Well, Mettle can hurt, but I see your point.

I've always preferred Wings of Flurry for my Incantatrixes. Sorcerers blow stuff up with way more style. :smallcool:If you're worrying about Mettle, you really, really have to worry about evasion.

Keld Denar
2010-06-22, 08:59 AM
How so? Most Incantatrix builds use touch spells as delivery devicies (Orbs or Enervation). Who targets reflex saves anymore? Seriously?

:smallcool:

PId6
2010-06-22, 02:34 PM
If you're worrying about Mettle, you really, really have to worry about evasion.
Well Enervation's there just for those annoying rogues/monks/rangers/etc. Once an undead rogue appears, then I'll start being afraid.

Os1ris09
2010-06-22, 04:28 PM
Well Enervation's there just for those annoying rogues/monks/rangers/etc. Once an undead rogue appears, then I'll start being afraid.

Already happened in my campaign..... Kinda scary for us all since it was a freakin ghost.... ugh so much S.A. dice against us wasn't even funny at all. Just suffering..... LOL

Dusk Eclipse
2010-06-22, 04:32 PM

Well, saph's DM for the seven kingdom campaing used monk mummies.....

Keld Denar
2010-06-22, 04:36 PM

Actually, Orb of Fire works VERY nicely against rogues, monks, and rangers. What you need to watch out for is Undead Hexblades. They have a good chance to resist Orb of Fire AND are immune to Enervations.

But yea, again, very rare. Solid Fog it, walk a way, nuke it from orbit.