PDA

View Full Version : Mods for Dragon Age

SolkaTruesilver
2010-06-22, 08:50 AM
I was wondering; is there a healthy mod community for Dragon Age? I mean, outside of the occasional "realism sex", "sexy mage robes" and the like?

Is there mods to change dialogue options? To add storytelling elements? More characters, more dialogue choices? Make convince Caridin that while you want to prevent the creation of more Golem, you don't want to destroy the Anvil?

I went to Dragonagenexus, and when I selected the "top 100 mods", I got 25. Is there only 25 mods for this awesome game? :smalleek:

Sneak
2010-06-22, 08:59 AM
Um...no.

When you hit top 100 (http://www.dragonagenexus.com/downloads/top/) on DANexus, it gives you a list of the top 25 files in the past 2 weesk and then gives you LINKS to the real most endorsed files lists (i.e. adult, non-adult, all, recently added).

There ya go.

Kish
2010-06-22, 09:26 AM
Is there mods to change dialogue options?

Problematic without voice actors.

Make convince Caridin that while you want to prevent the creation of more Golem, you don't want to destroy the Anvil?
How would that make any sense? Creating golems is what the Anvil does.

SolkaTruesilver
2010-06-22, 09:28 AM
How would that make any sense? Creating golems is what the Anvil does.

It can create magnificient crowns too. So if I had to guess, the Anvil can create a multitude of great artifacts, the Golem being the most powerful.

As for lack of voice acting, I'd survive without. It would simply be nice to have more discussion.

Kish
2010-06-22, 09:37 AM
There is no indication that the Anvil creates anything magical other than golems, and Caridin would have to be very stupid indeed to imagine that "the Anvil retrieved intact" isn't exactly the same thing as, "the Anvil will make more golems." You do have the option to tell him you need the Anvil to bargain with Branka but won't make golems; I'm just as glad there isn't a "make Caridin really dumb" mod, m'self.

That said, this is kind of off-topic, so I'll stop debating the point now.

SolkaTruesilver
2010-06-22, 09:47 AM
That said, this is kind of off-topic, so I'll stop debating the point now.

Nah, don't worry about it.

Still. People here would recomment mods worth adding? Maybe a "skip da fade"?

Arcanoi
2010-06-22, 10:54 AM
Nah, don't worry about it.

Still. People here would recomment mods worth adding? Maybe a "skip da fade"?

And miss those free stat boosts...?

SolkaTruesilver
2010-06-22, 11:05 AM

Darn, you are right.

So, anybody has any good Mod to recommend? I saw one that was nice, "free Dog Slot", having Dog following you around as the 5th Party Member.

Leon
2010-06-22, 11:10 AM

I had a blast in the fade with the alternate forms

Sneak
2010-06-22, 11:32 AM
It was fun one time around, but more than that? I dunno.

There is a skip the fade mod. Called...SKIP THE FADE! WHOAH!

It gives you all the stat boosts, too, so don't worry about that.

Off the top of my head, the only other mod I would really recommend is Dragon Age Redesigned, which only affects visuals.