PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder: Building Scorpion (MK)

Aeromyre
2010-06-22, 10:04 AM
Hey guys I'm Building a side quest for my campaign and a year ago before we started this campaign i was asking my players what they wanted in their adventure, one said he'd like to see characters from video games, comics, movies or wherever. but anyways i want to make Scorpion from Mortal Kombat as a Sub-Boss in the side quest I want him to be Level 13.
I'm thinking Fighter 5/Wizard 5/Elemental Savant 3 (Fire) but I'm sure you guys can come up with something better

Kaiyanwang
2010-06-22, 10:07 AM
Sources allowed?

Aeromyre
2010-06-22, 10:10 AM
Sources allowed?

All of Pathfinder and 3.5
Sorry for not clarifying

EvilJoe15
2010-06-22, 10:10 AM
Scorpion is not about fire. He's got acid. He also needs some kind of reach weapon, I'd say Kursi-gaima(Or however it's spelled).

Aeromyre
2010-06-22, 10:15 AM
Scorpion is not about fire. He's got acid. He also needs some kind of reach weapon, I'd say Kursi-gaima(Or however it's spelled).

I fail to see how it's acid? It's been fire since 1992
Are you thinking Reptile?

What book is that in?

EvilJoe15
2010-06-22, 10:17 AM
DMG pg. #144. I thought reptile was fire?

Human Paragon 3
2010-06-22, 10:18 AM
Maybe he is thinking of Reptile?

Anyway, I would give him a Returning Harpoon of Speed and the knockback ability so he can harpoon them and reel them in, then uppercut them away with the knockback ability. Improved trip is another good one for the sweep.

A necklace of fireballs would simulate the fire abilities he has pretty well, or you could make him a half dragon to give him natural fire breath.

I think Wu Jen gets a firebreathing spell that would fit pretty well.

Aeromyre
2010-06-22, 10:22 AM
DMG pg. #144. I thought reptile was fire?

No lol you've got it mixed up

Maybe he is thinking of Reptile?

Anyway, I would give him a Returning Harpoon of Speed and the knockback ability so he can harpoon them and reel them in, then uppercut them away with the knockback ability. Improved trip is another good one for the sweep.

A necklace of fireballs would simulate the fire abilities he has pretty well, or you could make him a half dragon to give him natural fire breath.

I think Wu Jen gets a firebreathing spell that would fit pretty well.

Awesome thanks :D
I think I'll make him an Half Dragon Fighter with the harpoon and the necklace and some kind of undead template

Optimystik
2010-06-22, 10:22 AM
To clarify: Scorpion = Fire, Reptile = Acid.

These are excellent suggestions.

Since all of 3.5 is allowed, we should get Tome of Battle in here. Shadow Hand will contribute to his ninja-ness and give him the decoy/teleport punch move. Though Wu Jen could use fire breath and dimension door of course. (They get those, right?)

A Wu Jen could also pull off his animality with enough levels.

EvilJoe15
2010-06-22, 10:24 AM
Bone Creature(BoVD pg. #184) It's a skeleton but with better stats, and retains class abilities.

Optimystik
2010-06-22, 10:27 AM
He could also be Hellbred (FC2). They can get pretty squicky. It also fits his backstory.

Aeromyre
2010-06-22, 10:30 AM
He could also be Hellbred (FC2). They can get pretty squicky. It also fits his backstory.

It certainly does and it works well cause i understand it already :D
One of my players is hellbred

EDIT:But then again would he retain his half dragon abilities? Now that i think about it i don't think he would

Human Paragon 3
2010-06-22, 10:39 AM
Hey, maybe he should be a warlock. You could replace the eldritch blast with fire breath or whatever.

Half dragon has a pretty high LA. Although it boosts strength considerably, so it might be worth it for somebody who will uppercut you across the room.

Kaiyanwang
2010-06-22, 10:40 AM
To clarify: Scorpion = Fire, Reptile = Acid.

These are excellent suggestions.

Shadow Hand will contribute to his ninja-ness and give him the decoy/teleport punch move.

I second this (Shadow Jaunt, Shadow Blink..). Alternatively, you need some combo with Dimensional Door + Sun School feat.

Hey, maybe he should be a warlock. You could replace the eldritch blast with fire breath or whatever.

You mean, a Dragonfire Adept?

Volthawk
2010-06-22, 10:41 AM

Dragonfire Adept, then?

Human Paragon 3
2010-06-22, 10:42 AM
I always forget dragonfire adept. But yeah.

Aeromyre
2010-06-22, 10:43 AM

That's good so i think he'll be a half-dragon/half-fiend Fighter 8/warlock 5 with a returning harpoon of speed, with the power attack tree.

Aeromyre
2010-06-22, 10:47 AM
I second this (Shadow Jaunt, Shadow Blink..). Alternatively, you need some combo with Dimensional Door + Sun School feat.

You mean, a Dragonfire Adept?

Hahaha he keeps changing what book is dragonfire adept from?

Volthawk
2010-06-22, 10:48 AM
Hahaha he keeps changing what book is dragonfire adept from?

Dragon Magic.

Aeromyre
2010-06-22, 10:50 AM
Dragon Magic.

Thank you :D

Human Paragon 3
2010-06-22, 10:52 AM
You do realize that he'll be like ECL 20 with those templates, right?

Amphetryon
2010-06-22, 11:01 AM
There's a Rope Dart in one of the Dragon magazines. It's thematically very similar to his 'Get over here!' spear thrust.

Aeromyre
2010-06-22, 11:24 AM
You do realize that he'll be like ECL 20 with those templates, right?

Yeah but it's not gonna matter much, it will compensate for the party's magic items that i didn't calculate into their APL

BSW
2010-06-22, 11:44 AM
This looks fun... I'll toss in my suggestions!

You said you're looking to make him be around ECL 13... I say...

Go full warlock. Make him undead since, as I recall, Scorpion had a skull for a head. I'd say... necropolitan. Base race human. Fluff him as being skeletal.

For the fire stuff... give him Brimstone Blast and Eldritch Cone.

For the teleportation... Flee the Scene works pretty nicely.

For the harpoon... I'd say... a homebrewed version of Repelling Blast that works in reverse. Fluff it as a barbed dart on a rope.

For the uppercut, just have him make a trip attempt and describe it as an uppercut.

Give him feats to quicken key invocations and fight more effectively in melee. Say...
H: Improved Unarmed Strike
1: Combat Expertise
3: Improved Trip
6: Superior Unarmed Strike
9: Snap Kick
12: Quicken Spell-Like Ability (either eldritch blast or flee the scene... eldritch blast would probably work better for the harpoon/uppercut combo)

Fawsto
2010-06-22, 12:13 PM
You could make him with ToB: Use a swordsage and grab Desert Wind for several "firebreathing" manouvers and shadow hand for teleport punch. Use an harpoon for the "C'me over here!" Attack.

Thinking of it... Setting Sun could emulate the Uppercut.

Also, using bone creature would be awesome!

Greenish
2010-06-22, 01:36 PM
Dragonfire Adept (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20060912a&page=2) and it's Breath Effects (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20060912a&page=3).

Aeromyre
2010-06-22, 03:37 PM
I really want to thank you all for all your excellent ideas I'll be using some combination of them. :D